AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-09-27, 13:08   Link #81
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Well the To Love-ru -Trouble- that ended, was due to the authors personal life or something. So To Love-ru -Trouble- Darkness just may be more like saying he is continuing where he left off.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 13:41   Link #82
Freeter
beyond

I am going to be all over 2ch like bees on honey this week when spoilers drop. Ah, good times once again

Wonder just how far this new series will go...will we actually see Momo under the sheets?
Old 2010-09-27, 15:59   Link #83
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Wonder who's gonna be the focus?

Yami or Momo?
Hoping to god that it's Momo. Her habit of teasing Rito will provide a lot of good ecchi, plus she's more interesting than Yami IMO. I never understood the appeal of Yami. She didn't really do anything for me.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 16:03   Link #84
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Well the To Love-ru -Trouble- that ended, was due to the authors personal life or something. So To Love-ru -Trouble- Darkness just may be more like saying he is continuing where he left off.
the cancellation had more to do with the pretty dismal number for jump surveys. There was talk of cancellation for a quite a while, his personal life probably compounded the situation but i think if it wasn't for the ratings on surveys they would have just did a hiatus.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 16:07   Link #85
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
the cancellation had more to do with the pretty dismal number for jump surveys. There was talk of cancellation for a quite a while, his personal life probably compounded the situation but i think if it wasn't for the ratings on surveys they would have just did a hiatus.
TLR was far from a bottom dwelling series though. It made a killing for Seiusha, outselling a good amount of the series above it. So it's not like it was a total flop. It's one of the few times where the TOC ranking doesn't equal it's popuarity.
Old 2010-09-27, 17:02   Link #86
Soraya21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Hoping to god that it's Momo. Her habit of teasing Rito will provide a lot of good ecchi, plus she's more interesting than Yami IMO. I never understood the appeal of Yami. She didn't really do anything for me.
I'm sure there are some fans who like Yami because she's practically the same character as Black Cat's Eve. I myself am the same, though I do somewhat agree that the dynamics between Rito/Yami isn't as fun and entertaining as Train/Eve.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 20:40   Link #87
Zoofranz

Yami, Black and Magical Girl Kyoko were the way of giving something to Black Cat fans while they wait for the continuation that Hasemi Saki and Yabuki Kentaro said they would like to do someday. Something similar to what happened with the cameos of TLR in MNO.

I also prefer Momo over Yami. I only like her when she's with Mikan.

Seems I'm the only one here too who's going to miss Haruna I'll have to conform with the anime :/
Zoofranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 20:45   Link #88
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoofranz View Post
Yami, Black and Magical Girl Kyoko were the way of keeping Black Cat fans "happy" while they wait for the continuation that Hasemi Saki and Yabuki Kentaro said they would like to do someday. Something similar to what happened with the cameos of TLR in MNO.

I also prefer Momo over Yami. I only like her when she's with Mikan.

Seems I'm the only one here too who's going to miss Haruna I'll have to conform with the anime :/
I was never really a Haruna fan. I was a Lala fan... until Yui showed up .

I hope we see Yui in the spinoff. I always felt sorry for her when Yabuki madw jokes at the expense of her feelings for Rito.
Old 2010-09-27, 21:21   Link #89
justavisitor

@Zoofranz
I am a die-hard Haruna fan in here XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 21:27   Link #90
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
I hope we see Yui in the spinoff. I always felt sorry for her when Yabuki madw jokes at the expense of her feelings for Rito.
She'll be in there since Rito's still around. It wouldn't be TLR without her.

Current buzz around 2ch is that the chapter will be a whopping 62 pages Looks like I won't be getting any sleep when the spoilers drop
Old 2010-09-27, 21:59   Link #91
Zoofranz

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
@Zoofranz
I am a die-hard Haruna fan in here XD
Nice to meet you then ^^

What I wonder is if this spin-off will consider the last chapters of the manga, I mean, how can Rito and Lala live the same way they used to when they know they like each other?
Old 2010-09-27, 22:02   Link #92
justavisitor

Lala is actually an alien so her perspective can be different from the earthlings XD (Well, she didn't even care that momo was always in Rito's bed anyway everything else is just a minor issue)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-09-27, 22:19   Link #93
Zoofranz

Quote:
Lala is actually an alien so her perspective can be different from the earthlings XD
That from Lala's POV, but what about Rito's one?

Quote:
(Well, she didn't even care that momo was always in Rito's bed anyway everything else is just a minor issue)
I think that Lala doesn't know that Momo sleeps with Rito too.
Old 2010-09-27, 22:23   Link #94
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoofranz View Post
I think that Lala doesn't know that Momo sleeps with Rito too.

Hmm, that seems to be true...it's been too long since it ended...forgot a lot of detail

And I kind of remember that Lala built her own house/room/bedroom?? so it should be ok
Old 2010-09-28, 03:22   Link #95
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
And I kind of remember that Lala built her own house
Yeah was a house.

I'm starting to wonder if Lala is even there anymore going by the set-up we're to believe, though then again that could just be one huge troll.
Old 2010-09-28, 07:35   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
She'll be in there since Rito's still around. It wouldn't be TLR without her.

Current buzz around 2ch is that the chapter will be a whopping 62 pages Looks like I won't be getting any sleep when the spoilers drop
62 pages? My body isn't ready. This is going to be glorious! I can't wait for the spoilers, and of course, the chapter.

Quote:
The main reason I started to like her is her adorable friendship with Mikan (my favorite character). Plus, she's insanely cute, has cool powers and I like her violent reactions to "ecchi things" (mainly because I enjoy seeing that **** Rito getting punched). Oh and yeah, she's an Eve clone.

I love Momo as well, even if they're pretty much polar opposites. Her teasing is always so fun. She's the only (sexually) aggresive girl in TLR (besides Mikado-sensei) which automatically makes her awesome.
Old 2010-09-28, 07:38   Link #97
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I love Momo as well, even if they're pretty much polar opposites. Her teasing is always so fun. She's the only (sexually) aggresive girl in TLR (besides Mikado-sensei) which automatically makes her awesome.
That's why I like Momo so much. She doesn't beat around the bush.
Old 2010-09-28, 09:08   Link #98
Newhope

Quote:
To-love ru was never in any danger of been cancelled because of ratings I don't think I ever saw it in the bottom 3 in the surveys, + it was one of Jumps better selling series volume wise.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 09:29   Link #99
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The main reason I started to like her is her adorable friendship with Mikan (my favorite character). Plus, she's insanely cute, has cool powers and I like her violent reactions to "ecchi things" (mainly because I enjoy seeing that **** Rito getting punched). Oh and yeah, she's an Eve clone.
Agreed. Speaking as a diehard Black Cat fan, Yami is the ONLY reason I find this series to be worth reading. Pretty much the entire original series consisted of "See girls get naked. See Rito freak out. See Rito get smacked for being a pervert." Rinse and repeat, over and over and over. Yeah, you had some variation and a lot of weird circumstances to mix things up a little, but at the end of the day, that was pretty much it. When Yami got involved, however, more often than not there was going to be a fight scene somewhere in the near future, which was an excellent break from the endless fanservice. The fact that she's far and away both the most badass and the cutest character in the series (Kiss my ass, Mikan!) just cements her status as the most enjoyable character in the series, and promoting her to main character status is just about the best thing Yabuki could do to this series.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Last edited by Comartemis; 2010-09-28 at 09:42.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 10:14   Link #100
kagato3

Quote:
The surveys had nothing to do with To-love-ru ending, and it was ended not canceled. A canceled seires does not get brought back much less in less then a year from cancelation withas much fanfair as To-Love-Ru is. It was a comanation of leagle issues that were trying to be brought up by the Author's exwife and he wanting to be able to spend time with his child. If I remember there was talk of it being ended because of a breach of contract by the author (I'm unsure this is true since I didn't hear anymore about it) As for it not going on hiatus it may be that the exwife would have got a cut of any profits made on an existing series but not a sequal or spin-off.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen