AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-27, 14:39   Link #1081
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
hope she's a different person and is actually masyu in real world...
For all we know Hanabi and Masyu could be the same person anyway...
Old 2011-06-27, 14:40   Link #1082
jcdietz03

If you are an entre, you bet you future in exchange for monopoly money which everyone will think is real. Now on to stuff I don't understand:

Why, if you lose the monopoly money, does not your future, but your present take a turn for the worse? Shouldn't that stuff happen in the future, rather than right now?

What caused all the entres to lose their monopoly money in Ep 8? Why didn't it affect named characters? I thought you could only lose monopoly money in a duel.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 16:05   Link #1083
Fiemma
Fiamma

I believe Msyu was Kimimaro's sister

Does anyone have information about the soundtrack?
Old 2011-06-27, 16:56   Link #1084
lightbringer
M9000

I was waiting for the payoff... and waiting... still waiting... wait, it's over already?

Well, at least they tried. This is still better than your average generic eroge adaptation. On to the next brave new world.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 21:50   Link #1085
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

It's kinda stupid to ask this when the anime just ended, but is there any possibility of getting a second season?
Old 2011-06-27, 21:59   Link #1086
velvet nightmare

yeah i dont know wtf happened to the series, i got lost half way

had such amazing potential at the start, and then it got to the point where someone actually smart and tried to help the world, gets screwed by a kid who has no understanding of anything who wins by yelling louder than everyone else

lesson of the day? when economic ruin heads your way, you never have to work hard to fix it, just ignore it and it'll miraculously fix itself (hint hint greece)
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 02:26   Link #1087
zero7090

hmm so basically

in C

Japan = Greece IRL
Financial district = IMF IRL
and people are screwing Greece by borrow money from IMF to pay for the current debt
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 05:18   Link #1088
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
yeah i dont know wtf happened to the series, i got lost half way

had such amazing potential at the start, and then it got to the point where someone actually smart and tried to help the world, gets screwed by a kid who has no understanding of anything who wins by yelling louder than everyone else

lesson of the day? when economic ruin heads your way, you never have to work hard to fix it, just ignore it and it'll miraculously fix itself (hint hint greece)
The kid didn't do anything... he was just in the right place at the right time... Mr. Goldteeth who stole all of Mikuni's cash and destroyed the Yen pretty much did all the work.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 08:14   Link #1089
arson88

so the final fight means nothing?? The only question will be what Mikuni will do if he won? Since value of Midas money = 0 in reality after Yen loses their value so eventhough Mikuni spent all of his future, he will get zero amount of money...
arson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 09:09   Link #1090
hamstar
just passing by

Am I correct in assuming the final fight got stopped before it could be completed? I didn't get the usual satisfaction of hearing [YOU HAVE GAIN] or the wonderful [YOU ARE BANKRUPT]
Old 2011-06-28, 09:32   Link #1091
macroflation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
hmm so basically

in C

Japan = Greece IRL
Financial district = IMF IRL
and the IMF/ECB are screwing the future of everyone who owns Euros by borrow money out of thin air to pay for the debt of Greece so the private banks who lent them money at outrageous interest can get rich
Government can't pay, private banks don't want to lose money, so central banks pretend it's better for the economy to make everyone in europe pay for the debt.

Last edited by macroflation; 2011-06-28 at 09:46.
macroflation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 11:24   Link #1092
mols

I just ignored all the economic jargon, and just saw it as another anime with a parallel universe or something like that. I didn't even try to fin metaphors... and it worked, I managed to watch the whole series. And I enjoyed it. Not my favorite, but it does not matter.

However, I was more interested in what was going to happen with the protagonists. What was going to be their future? as such I was disappointed with the ending. Sure, everything changed. We knew that was going to happen, but we did not see how. Specially with Kimimaru and the people he knew. Where does he live? does he have a job in this new present? I was expecting at least a hint of what Mashu was, future wife? daughter? Sister? I don't really like vague but global endings like "everything has changed,etc. etc." and then we can see how exactly it has changed to our protagonist.

Besides the use of US$ in Japan everything could be the same and I missed the differences (also the name of the family living in that house was different, right?)
mols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 11:24   Link #1093
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
The kid didn't do anything... he was just in the right place at the right time... Mr. Goldteeth who stole all of Mikuni's cash and destroyed the Yen pretty much did all the work.
Kimimaro was only winning time so Mikuni could not keep buying Midas' Money.
Old 2011-06-28, 11:26   Link #1094
ipodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
It's kinda stupid to ask this when the anime just ended, but is there any possibility of getting a second season?
Why would you want to torture yourself with a second season? You saw the mess they did, right?
ipodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 11:34   Link #1095
macroflation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodi View Post
Why would you want to torture yourself with a second season? You saw the mess they did, right?
Well, we could get a better animation budget and writing staff for the second season. The premise is excellent and can easily be turned into a masterpiece with good execution.
I actually enjoyed it, it had flaws but was still pretty good.
Old 2011-06-28, 11:34   Link #1096
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodi View Post
Well, you may not like it, but I do.
Old 2011-06-28, 13:00   Link #1097
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

This is more like the first Kanon, they should do a 26 eps as a remake.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 18:10   Link #1098
velvet nightmare

the FD is a huge sham, a huge trick by that 'god future' fellow

the whole system preys on greedy people who want monetary gain at the expense of other people's lives/futures even though you get random entres like kimimaro who don't want to participate

but the whole system is a spiraling shit storm. as long as new people replace bankrupt ones you'll always have midas money in the real world and eventually "C" will come, and w/e the hell causes it (im pretty sure it was explained somehow, albeit very poorly)
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 22:12   Link #1099
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
This is more like the first Kanon, they should do a 26 eps as a remake.
Well that would be awesome but I think they can at less do a good 50eps here
Old 2011-06-29, 01:43   Link #1100
Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Well, you may not like it, but I do.
Over-analyzing the whole thing probably takes out a lot of the enjoyment.
It's possible to find an explanation and connect all the dots, but it does get a bit messy since a lot of the stuff is just glossed over quickly (especially in the last episode). Perhaps it's better to just treat the Financial District as the fictional universe it is.

Tags
action, finance, noitamina