AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 27
10: Amazing... 5 11.63%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 8 18.60%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 11 25.58%
7 out of 10: Good... 12 27.91%
6 out of 10: Average... 6 13.95%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 2.33%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-15, 03:35   Link #21
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Finally, gravity front with a new Vegan ground unit.

Does the white Age-2 counts as the 3rd wear?
Picture by any chance?

Also....all of my boners...

GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 03:45   Link #22
kiak666

It seems like Asem has reached an understanding with Zeheart in this episode.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 03:58   Link #23
Meltyred

Obright, revolutionizing death flags everywhere.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 04:04   Link #24
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I ... think this might be the first AGE episode I might have had the most mixed feelings about ever. Stuff had happened that I'm not sure I like, and not just from how the plot went into a direction I rather it didn't go to.

Somehow ... Generation 2 ended with a rather. Um ... weird note, I guess?

I need to think about this some more
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Asemu's taking it a bit...too far
Yeah, no kidding ... I mean, he's becoming Woolf Ver.2 now Wasn't the point is that Asem becomes his own man, not being in anyone else shadow? Wasn't that the point Woolf was going for? So like what is he doing taking on Wolf's identity?

Man, this episode was just weird.
Old 2012-04-15, 04:08   Link #25
maknaedik

- A new Adele wear. Can't wait to see it in model form.
- I know Gundam Age is generally fast and always rushed, but it's the first time I really noticed it. Maybe this episode got super rushed perhaps?
- The bagpack of Age-1 isn't really impressive. One time use only and throws it away.
- White Age-2 Normal is ridiculous. Though Wolfe's uniform looks good in Asemu
- The ground MS of Vagan looks nice. Though I wonder if we'll get it in model form.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 04:26   Link #26
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I ... think this might be the first AGE episode I might have had the most mixed feelings about ever. Stuff had happened that I'm not sure I like, and not just from how the plot went into a direction I rather it didn't go to.

Somehow ... Generation 2 ended with a rather. Um ... weird note, I guess?
I have to agree. This episode was extremely rushed and definitely weird. I was like "WTF?" once everything ended
Old 2012-04-15, 04:32   Link #27
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
- A new Adele wear. Can't wait to see it in model form.
That gets trashed in it's first on-screen fight Oh AGE ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I have to agree. This episode was extremely rushed and definitely weird. I was like "WTF?" once everything ended
I'm just left to wonder what they were going for with Asem's story, or Obright's love, or ... I don't know, this whole generation just seems to lack focus now ...

I don't want to pass judgement yet, but this episode just left me speechless.
Old 2012-04-15, 04:44   Link #28
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I have to give this episode a 6 out of 10, the Average rating. This episode was such a let down after the intense build up from the last. I probably shouldn't expect too much from this series. I expected an epic fight between Asemu and Zeheart, but instead they worked together to stop the fortress. It was slightly disappointing but still alright, but after that everything fast forwarded and I was like WTF? From some random X-Rounder flash, random explosion, random debris knocked out Zeheart, random Dole sacrificing himself (insert fangirl scream here), is Zeheart dead or what? And at the very end, Asemu has to be rescued by Zeheart? Give this guy a break!!! Atmosphere entry got skipped over and we are at Earth, looking at the Red Sun....okay

Rumi is dead by the way, move on....

For the 'finale' of the Gen 2, nothing gets resolved and everything just fast forwarded too much. In Gen 1 finale, we got epic battle and epic reveal. Here, I don't even feel anything when the fortress is dropping to Earth. Zero build up and excitement. It just ends....
Old 2012-04-15, 04:44   Link #29
casval cehack

Farewell Remi. Her last lines reminds me of Yurin.

So Asem finally stop chasing and changed himself, thus getting Romary's focus. Ser Ezcelcant is sure deceitful (and powerful for that X-rounder reaction); this almost trojan horse operation to break earth defense with vegans willing to sacrifice themselves (starting with Zeheart) sure nullified the strategy of Flit and the tactics of the Algreus to keep them in space.

IMO, this episode doesn't feel rushed. They're just continuing the Nortram defense battle from last episode.
Old 2012-04-15, 04:48   Link #30
bio9205
Reborn

Definitely not rushed, but it did feel a bit odd. So did Zeheart die? I'm hoping they keep his fate a mystery (a la Char) and have him return during the third arc.

Also, it's a little crazy to see Asemu wearing Woolf's clothes and all... But the white AGE-2 looks awesome. Another chance for Bandai to take my money.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 04:58   Link #31
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Definitely not rushed, but it did feel a bit odd. So did Zeheart die? I'm hoping they keep his fate a mystery (a la Char) and have him return during the third arc.

Also, it's a little crazy to see Asemu wearing Woolf's clothes and all... But the white AGE-2 looks awesome. Another chance for Bandai to take my money.
Quote:

Farewell Remi. Her last lines reminds me of Yurin.

So Asem finally stop chasing and changed himself, thus getting Romary's focus. Ser Ezcelcant is sure deceitful (and powerful for that X-rounder reaction); this almost trojan horse operation to break earth defense with vegans willing to sacrifice themselves (starting with Zeheart) sure nullified the strategy of Flit and the tactics of the Algreus to keep them in space.

IMO, this episode doesn't feel rushed. They're just continuing the Nortram defense battle from last episode.
So I guess it's just me, or rather, I wanted to see more of this arc.

Old 2012-04-15, 05:02   Link #32
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

It felt rush.

-Where did the whole Feddie fleet go? They just got decimated by the Vagans? Flit said to use the full power of the fleet to destroy the Vagan command ship, but nothing materialised!

-Suddenly, Diva used its photon blaster more than once this episode. I get the vibe that Diva's relying too much on it, and perhaps Diva's nothing more than a shell for the photon blaster..

-Hey.. Asemu and Zeheart put away their animosities in a matter of seconds (or minutes, whatever). Then they become nice-nice and cooperated.

-Why did Remi have to die? I see no point in her death, unless it means ruining Obright's life forever. There was little built-up to her death, other than her agreeing to the marriage proposal the previous episode. It's like I feel nothing from her death at all, which I don't think was the original intention..

-Ok.. Asemu had to pay tribute to Woolf, but he didn't have to wear his jacket, colour his suit white..
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 05:05   Link #33
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I forgot to mention, Diva trapped inside the fortress is laughably bad...
Old 2012-04-15, 05:13   Link #34
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
It felt rush.

-Where did the whole Feddie fleet go? They just got decimated by the Vagans? Flit said to use the full power of the fleet to destroy the Vagan command ship, but nothing materialised!

-Suddenly, Diva used its photon blaster more than once this episode. I get the vibe that Diva's relying too much on it, and perhaps Diva's nothing more than a shell for the photon blaster..

-Hey.. Asemu and Zeheart put away their animosities in a matter of seconds (or minutes, whatever). Then they become nice-nice and cooperated.

-Why did Remi have to die? I see no point in her death, unless it means ruining Obright's life forever. There was little built-up to her death, other than her agreeing to the marriage proposal the previous episode. It's like I feel nothing from her death at all, which I don't think was the original intention..

-Ok.. Asemu had to pay tribute to Woolf, but he didn't have to wear his jacket, colour his suit white..
*sniff sniff*

You smell that? Smell's like...Special Edition added scenes.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 05:25   Link #35
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
It felt rush.

We'll this is Gundam Age.

-The Amadeus fleet could be still holding the line in front of Nortram against the remaining Vegan fleet.

-The Diva, as a warship, is indeed a shell for that powerful cannon and doubles as storage space for the MS and it's support crew.

-In the core scene, I believe Zeheart is using Asem's goodwill in order to create his Eden (secret drop operation).

-I agree, IMO it should have been Dique.

-Agree too, this is a gunpla decision.
Old 2012-04-15, 05:39   Link #36
maknaedik

Quote:
We'll this is Gundam Age.

-The Amadeus fleet could be still holding the line in front of Nortram against the remaining Vegan fleet.

-The Diva, as a warship, is indeed a shell for that powerful cannon and doubles as storage space for the MS and it's support crew.

-In the core scene, I believe Zeheart is using Asem's goodwill in order to create his Eden (secret drop operation).

-I agree, IMO it should have been Dique.

-Agree too, this is a gunpla decision.
Oh, I suddenly remembered when Asemu's still young, he has an HG G-EXES. Perhaps it's a sign that he'll be the next one who'll carry the "white" motif XD

Old 2012-04-15, 05:53   Link #37
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
Oh, I suddenly remembered when Asemu's still young, he has an HG G-EXES. Perhaps it's a sign that he'll be the next one who'll carry the "white" motif XD
Whoa, foreshadowing in the ED song. As a chapter, Asem's could have used a couple more episodes.
Old 2012-04-15, 06:11   Link #38
brightman
Ancient Member

Maybe the show was cut short after all. Gundam X also started feeling rushed right after Ep 26 which would be the start of the third coul...
Old 2012-04-15, 06:43   Link #39
Sides

Episode was OK. Nothing really remarkable, actually the preview is more interesting than the episode itself.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 08:07   Link #40
watanabe43
Justified and ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
EDIT: ninja'd by the vanz.
Maybe I am just getting old, but seen that a couple of times - wossit mean?

Asemu as the new 'White Wolf' could make a lot of sense for the final arc, as Flit has the bitter commander role nailed and the new kiddo will need some space. In fairness, had Woolf lived (sniff) he would have been geriatric to the point of silliness for Gen3 and off the playing field anyway. Better to go out in a blaze of glory (sorta) than end up redundant I suppose.

Totally agree with the rushed nature of this show - as a Gundam veteran I tend to favour it over the other AU universes, the production team clearly had the whole thing planned out but the episode count is simply too small to develop the characters properly. Given her prominence in the OP Romary has been somewhat underwhelming as have, well, all of the side characters making it hard to care when they die.

The production team seem to be aiming for homaging all three original series (AGE 1,2,3 = original,Zeta,Double Zeta) but in a third of the time. It comes across like the Gundam compilation 'movies' which have all of the action but fall short on characterisation if you have not seen the original series. I dread to think what the truncated version of AGE will be like

Tags
weekly episode discussion