AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-04-18, 07:23   Link #421
saurers123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
If the last chapter is any indication not only she is yandere for Eren but an S. Jelly another woman is beating her man while Annie saying treat her like a girl.
So is Eren an M? XDDD Here goes my headcanon. Levi, Mikasa and Annie beating the heavens out of Eren XDDD
saurers123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 07:29   Link #422
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Doesn't Eren already fit this role?

With all the other top recruits being titans already, I'd rather have Mikasa stay human.

You know those controversies where famous American athletes are revealed to have taken steroids, and the public loses respect for them as a result? I feel that Mikasa having titan powers would cheapen her efforts.
I wasn't really serious when I said that, I don't really believe in this theory. But just like Totoum I wouldn't be surprised if it happened to be true in some way, and just like you I wouldn't be too pleased.

There's still the fact that Mikasa's strength is irrational given her build and you can only explain it with either the "rule of cool" or some kind of secret power. I'd rather go with the "rule of cool" on this one, but who knows...

BTW we get a sign of Mikasa's strength when she was still a kid when she had just met Eren. She managed to break a wooden plank simply by sprinting forward. Now we don't know what was the status of that floor, but I think it's physically impossible to pull that off in real life for a little girl who can't possibly weigh more than 40 kg.

Quote:
Also wonder if she has more knowledge about her step dad's work than what she's telling (which is of course nothing)
My question is: what was Mikasa doing when Doctor Jaeger made all those hinted experiments on Eren? Was she really completely unaware? Even though it is suggested that Eren was traumatized by such experience to the point that he doesn't even remember that?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 09:01   Link #423
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurers123 View Post
So is Eren an M? XDDD Here goes my headcanon. Levi, Mikasa and Annie beating the heavens out of Eren XDDD
I don't think Eren is a masochist. He got beating from many people don't make him is masochist, because masochist love to be beating, while Eren don't like it.
Old 2013-04-18, 09:07   Link #424
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
I don't think Eren is a masochist. He got beating from many people don't make him is masochist, because masochist love to be beating, while Eren don't like it.
It was a joke dude...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 09:25   Link #425
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I'm not so sure. Are we really sure that Historia knows anything? For some reasons the priest thinks that she is the only one allowed to speak, and he also thinks that she is entitled to know the truth of the walls. But unless he knows her personally it is entirely possible that albeit entitled to know the truth, nobody ever told her.

Another possibility is that Christa will refuse to speak because she wants to be the "good girl" in the eyes of her family as she always did.

Ymir is a strange case. It's hard to understand what's her objective or her priorities, anyway there's still a fairly high chance that Berthold and Reiner will escape with her.

Or you know, there could be just another absolutely unexpected event like female Titan being able to control titans thus escaping a wonderfully crafted trap, or Annie being able to seal herself inside an impossible to break shell, even though the walls (also made with titan power) aren't impossible to break at all.

In short the author of this manga takes pleasure in denying us answers.
That would be odd storytelling. The author has lead us and the characters to believe Christa had answers, so for her to say she never knew anything would be a cop-out and a slap in the face to the readers. He has to give us something now. There will still be plenty of mysteries left even if he tells us how the walls were created, so he has no reason to hold off forever.

Quote:
Inb4 we learn that Mikasa is the result of Doctor's Jaeger experiment to give titan powers to humans. That would explain her inhuman strength.
I hope not. There needs to remain at least one pure human in this series who can kick ass. I'm not a fan of this "everybody is a titan" trend. There are already too many of them among the main cast. Her strength isn't inhuman. She's just highly skilled and trains a lot (as evidenced by her rock-hard abs). Geniuses like her are rare but they exist.
Old 2013-04-18, 10:28   Link #426
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That would be odd storytelling. The author has lead us and the characters to believe Christa had answers
Agreed,expecting all the answers is probably too optimistic but she has to know something, hell just the reason why she got into a fight with her family and changed identity could be useful info.
That said,I fear her answers will just raise more questions

Quote:
I hope not. There needs to remain at least one pure human in this series who can kick ass. I'm not a fan of this "everybody is a titan" trend. There are already too many of them among the main cast. Her strength isn't inhuman. She's just highly skilled and trains a lot (as evidenced by her rock-hard abs). Geniuses like her are rare but they exist.
I guess what can reassure me on that front is that Rivaille is no physical specimen and he's the best in the biz when it comes to titan hunting,so she's not a lone case.
Old 2013-04-18, 12:26   Link #427
Tranhieu

Nice! I totally forgot how badly the townspeople bashed the Scout Legion when they returned. That again will raise another issue like the one you mentioned, why the government hasn't disbanded the group already? Or were they actually about to do that but changed their mind after getting struck by the event of 5 years ago?

Anyway it's still hard to believe those higherups are all fine seeing their tax money being wasted just for the sake of keeping local folks under control. There are always better ways to brain wash/plant an idea into people's mind seeing you have a whole century to do that.

Quote:
Well first you need to consider that for a hundred years no titan ever breached the walls and that for all that time the government main agenda was to keep the populace controlled and ignorant.
You could get arrested for possessing a book on the outside world, but you would face no consequences for berating the scouting legion or claiming that they were just idiots wasting funds. It doesn't seem that there was any attempt from the government to make the populace aware of a need to be prepared for Titan attacks and in fact Armin even gets bullied and called heretic for even suggesting that.
Apart from the extremely unsuccessful scouting legion there is nothing that suggest any serious project meant to attack or successfully defend against a possible titan invasion.
Given all that I think that the central government never thought that Titans would ever become a major problem as long as people stayed inside the walls. And that means that they probably never deemed necessary for the defenders of the inner walls to have any actual experience in titan fighting.

Of course their agenda must have changed after the fall of wall Maria, we know that the public opinion made a 180° degree turn as it is stated in the manga. Before the scouting legion was seen as a bunch of fools, after that it was considered a duty for the young people to enlist in the military and fight the titans. At this point of the story the scouting legion is no longer treated with total disrespect, so it turns out to have an actual utility for the government, but I think there are probably factions among those who rule the country that are debating on which course to take.

Probably. But judging from the time and place Irvin brought up the question I suspect he meant something even deeper. And let's not forget Eren is a complete newbie who got accepted not because how long he's been in service (and still alive) but for his outrageous ability (to normal people). With that in mind it'd be useless for Irvin to ask him such a political question.

Quote:
Well I think that there might be an even deeper meaning on Irvin's question to Eren "Who do you think is the enemy?"
Was Irvin simply asking about possible Titan spies, or was he actually suggesting that the real enemy might be the government body itself?

If my theory is true, then someone like Irvin definitely saw through the whole affair already.
Why would he play along with that? There might be several reasons but it is easy to see that he would have very little chance of accomplishing anything by directly opposing the government, and Irvin is someone who can think very far. He might be already taking actions, slowly, cautiously, waiting for the right moment.
True, it took me a few minutes to figure out why the floor got stomped all of a sudden in that panel since Mikasa should be around only 10 at that time, unless that house was completely rundown in the first place lol. Anyway considering this manga is being published in a shounen magazine I wouldn't be surprised if Mikasa turns out to be a straight human later. In fact she's caused quite a buzz around here after the 2nd episode already.

Quote:
I wasn't really serious when I said that, I don't really believe in this theory. But just like Totoum I wouldn't be surprised if it happened to be true in some way, and just like you I wouldn't be too pleased.

There's still the fact that Mikasa's strength is irrational given her build and you can only explain it with either the "rule of cool" or some kind of secret power. I'd rather go with the "rule of cool" on this one, but who knows...

BTW we get a sign of Mikasa's strength when she was still a kid when she had just met Eren. She managed to break a wooden plank simply by sprinting forward. Now we don't know what was the status of that floor, but I think it's physically impossible to pull that off in real life for a little girl who can't possibly weigh more than 40 kg.

My question is: what was Mikasa doing when Doctor Jaeger made all those hinted experiments on Eren? Was she really completely unaware? Even though it is suggested that Eren was traumatized by such experience to the point that he doesn't even remember that?
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 16:25   Link #428
saurers123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Like Randrak42 said. I guess jokes never translate well in the forums huh....
saurers123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 18:23   Link #429
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I just learned of the existence of Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou. Why is nobody translating this? It looks hilarious. Here's a little excerpt:

Old 2013-04-18, 21:25   Link #430
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

That is hilarious.
Old 2013-04-19, 00:37   Link #431
marvelB

Quote:
I just learned of the existence of Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou. Why is nobody translating this? It looks hilarious. Here's a little excerpt:

Oh yeah, I actually remember hearing about this a while back! Basically a more lighthearted take on the series, If I remember right. Yeah, I want to see more of this, too!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 04:45   Link #432
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Just continuing the discussion started on the anime thread on where the anime should end

Kanon proposed ending at 2/3 of ch34 , I proposed ch30.

I guess I just love the idea of ending the season on the last scene of ch30 because it would be a great echo to the scene of Eren watching the scouting legion come back in episode 1,except he's part of the legion now.
It'd be real downer ending I know,but that's what I like about it.

Ending at ch34 does mean you end on Annie vs Eren fight and that makes a good climax and you do give the audience some reveals such as Annie being a titan and the titan within wall shina this season.

Any other ideas?

Of course all this assumes they won't go for anime original ending.
Old 2013-04-19, 12:00   Link #433
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As a manga reader, I don't mind if they end it at chapter 30 but it could be quite frustrating for the anime viewers. They would have been introduced to the female type titan and the show would end before providing a resolution or even any answers about her. The upside is that it would encourage them to pick up the manga, so it's not such a bad idea.
Old 2013-04-19, 12:26   Link #434
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Been re-reading bits and pieces of the manga when I feel like it and suddenly stumbled upon Mikasa's flashback...Jesus, I had forgotten how much of a little badass Eren was when he was still a young child.
Old 2013-04-19, 14:29   Link #435
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Been re-reading bits and pieces of the manga when I feel like it and suddenly stumbled upon Mikasa's flashback...Jesus, I had forgotten how much of a little badass Eren was when he was still a young child.
May we start discussing about either Eren being mentally unstable or killing people being a normal thing for children to do in here too?
Old 2013-04-19, 14:59   Link #436
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
May we start discussing about either Eren being mentally unstable or killing people being a normal thing for children to do in here too?
Hey, it's kill or be killed...and Eren just figure that out sooner than most.
Old 2013-04-19, 15:18   Link #437
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Hey, it's kill or be killed...and Eren just figure that out sooner than most.
Oh, that's one original and funny formulation of that type of answer I heard today.
Old 2013-04-19, 15:21   Link #438
Shadow5YA

Quote:
It's not normal, but seeing slaughtered people in front of your eyes isn't normal either.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 15:41   Link #439
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It's not normal, but seeing slaughtered people in front of your eyes isn't normal either.
But Eren didn't see that much though, he just saw some corpses ... corpses of people he never met in his life ... but still decided to find and kill the culprits on the spot ... to save a girl he never met before ... all by himself ... even though he's still a kid ... and didn't feel any remorse after the killing is done ... not a single bit ...
Yeah, but truth to be told, I actually respected Eren a lot more after that flash back. However, I think it's quite a waste that he lost all of his human badassness after growing up.
Old 2013-04-19, 15:43   Link #440
Shadow5YA

Quote:
But Eren didn't see that much though, he just saw some corpses ... corpses of people he never met in his life ... but still decided to find and kill the culprits on the spot ... to save a girl he never met before ... all by himself ... even though he's still a kid ... and didn't feel any remorse after the killing is done ... not a single bit ...
Yeah, but truth to be told, I actually respected Eren a lot more after that flash back. However, I think it's quite a waste that he lost all of his human badassness after growing up.
Huh? He knew some of them. He knew Mikasa's family.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote