AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2012-02-26, 22:04   Link #1221
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
His Basic stats are shitty, so its time for training shounen power up camp to improve his base stats. Otherwise his SG is worth shit. 10x2 is better than 1x2. And its not like his enemy will sit and drink afternoon tea waiting for Ise to power up. Its not dragon ball where characters shout for half an ep to power up ^^. Still I damn need to catch up, already 4 eps behind ^^.
This^

Shounen power-up + guts to hit girls(which is okay in anime if she is trying to kill you...).
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 22:11   Link #1222
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ Or in Issei's case, has ALREADY killed you.
Old 2012-02-26, 22:24   Link #1223
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

episode.8

thoughts....aside the ecchi this had alot of good plot.

The opening was good, I really like Issie realizing there is something more to him. I just hope this doesn't end up like a BAKUGAN anime knowing the harem guy is a pure demon PHOENIX. Issie really needs to power up like in the opening.

Also my the word of the episode is "SirZech/SEX".

As for the new blond. Seems a tsundere with the hints of drill hair, wouldn't be surprise if she goes to Issie.
Old 2012-02-26, 22:39   Link #1224
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I'd climax on command for Rias.
Old 2012-02-26, 22:55   Link #1225
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
True story xD
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 23:43   Link #1226
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Finally some proper Koneko oppai, yay!
Also Asia oppai and Rias oppai.
Among that, even some story. That Phenex jerk is really nasty.
He easily lost against his servant because:
- He underestimated her, "just a little girl".
- His glove needs a good while to power up. He had time while fighting Yuma, who was going on and on and on about stuff and wasn't taking him for full. He didn't have any time here for charging up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I don't really think she has been "degenerated", this is how Asia has been from the start really - shy and pure-minded, but not oblivious to sexuality or outright opposing it. She obviously hasn't run in to the matter before, and you can feel it's pretty much new territory for her (which is where her slight overreactions come from), and personally I find it quite cute how she doesn't shy away from the topic when it concerns the guy she has fallen heads over heels for.

The amusing part is that it's not Asia "willing to let him do pervy stuff to her", it's Asia wanting to get touchy-feely with Issei on her own initiative. Which I find quite refreshing really (and this goes for the show in general) - it's not merely the females putting up with the guy's antics, they are willing to initiate their own and not make judgmental overreaction out of it.
Yes, it's certainly a great thing that Asia not only doesn't shy away from such things, but does actively pursue them
When she was introduced as a sister, I already feared, "Oh no, as a sister she'll have some messed-up prude mindset." Luckily this isn't true at all

Quote:
One almost has to feel sorry for Asia in this regard, in the sense that Issei is obviously treating her with more care and exercising a self-inducted hands-off policy. The poor girl obviously wants a little bit of physical side progress with the object of her affection, but Issei is running away from that
Issei is just too damn shy to do actively doing anything by himself. Watching is ok by him, but as soon as it gets to actively doing anything, his courage quickly leaves him, and he's unable to do anything. That's no self-induced hands-off policy, he's just much too shy. He needs to get much more self-confidence to get past that shyness.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-02-27 at 01:04. Reason: Please read our rules before posting such images again!
Shimapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 23:54   Link #1227
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Issei is just too damn shy to do actively doing anything by himself. Watching is ok by him, but as soon as it gets to actively doing anything, his courage quickly leaves him, and he's unable to do anything. That's no self-induced hands-off policy, he's just much too shy. He needs to get much more self-confidence to get past that shyness.
Well, his first girlfriend turned out pretty badly, so he does have a reason for being a bit cautious to get involved.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 00:12   Link #1228
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Issie is now Chuck Norris?!

Seems he really gonna power up on ep.9....probably.
Old 2012-02-27, 00:46   Link #1229
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Your Lv 5 Issei has Evolved into CHUCK NORRIS. The sheer kenetic awesomeness of the evolution has destroyed your world and all the Pokemon in it.

Game Over.

I want moar Akeno-sama in the next ep please. That little bow was too much of a tease to satisfy me. >.<
Old 2012-02-27, 02:59   Link #1230
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
He most definitely is shy and prone to freezing up when it comes to actually "doing" things, but I feel he is certainly trying to slightly reign in his nature when it comes to Asia. Much like the time when she was trying to lift her skirt in the clubroom, and Issei trying to prevent her from doing so - I can bet you that if it was Rias lifting up her skirt and asking if he wants to see more, Issei would be furiously nodding while keeping his gaze nailed upon her, tongue hanging out his mouth

It appears to me as if Issei is acting somewhat protective towards Asia (even volunteering to take up her summon requests because he fears perverts approaching her) ... even when it comes to himself Probably a combination of the rather bad stuff he saw her going through just now, and her open and bubbly nature making her appear as easily gullible, thus probably making Issei feel like he would be taking advantage of Asia, due to her apparent naivete.

Except she isn't really that naive or oblivious to implications of sexuality, and it's not like she doesn't understand what she's getting in to when "assaulting" Issei in the bathroom - it's just that her personality makes it easy to think otherwise, which is why I said one has to almost feel sorry for her - she may be embarrassed and new to the game, but she knows exactly what she wants from Issei and musters the courage to make that advance - except Issei apparently dismisses it as naivete or some such, and thus actively looks how to get out of said situation. Hence poor Asia
Old 2012-02-27, 02:59   Link #1231
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Also my the word of the episode is "SirZech/SEX".
That's actually a Gundam Wing reference because the author of the light novel is a Gundam fan.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 03:09   Link #1232
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
He most definitely is shy and prone to freezing up when it comes to actually "doing" things, but I feel he is certainly trying to slightly reign in his nature when it comes to Asia. Much like the time when she was trying to lift her skirt in the clubroom, and Issei trying to prevent her from doing so - I can bet you that if it was Rias lifting up her skirt and asking if he wants to see more, Issei would be furiously nodding while keeping his gaze nailed upon her, tongue hanging out his mouth

It appears to me as if Issei is acting somewhat protective towards Asia (even volunteering to take up her summon requests because he fears perverts approaching her) ... even when it comes to himself Probably a combination of the rather bad stuff he saw her going through just now, and her open and bubbly nature making her appear as easily gullible, thus probably making Issei feel like he would be taking advantage of Asia, due to her apparent naivete.

Except she isn't really that naive or oblivious to implications of sexuality, and it's not like she doesn't understand what she's getting in to when "assaulting" Issei in the bathroom - it's just that her personality makes it easy to think otherwise, which is why I said one has to almost feel sorry for her - she may be embarrassed and new to the game, but she knows exactly what she wants from Issei and musters the courage to make that advance - except Issei apparently dismisses it as naivete or some such, and thus actively looks how to get out of said situation. Hence poor Asia
I think her sleeping in his own house has also something to do with it. It's as if he sees her as his little sister that he has to protect, rather than violate at the first opportunity, regardless of the fact that she'd actually like it if he did.

If Rias, or even Koneko was there in his bathroom, I'm sure the first question he'd ask her would be "Want me to help wash your, eh, back?"
Old 2012-02-27, 03:37   Link #1233
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I think her sleeping in his own house has also something to do with it. It's as if he sees her as his little sister that he has to protect, rather than violate at the first opportunity, regardless of the fact that she'd actually like it if he did.
There might be that as well, but I think primarily it's more of a case that he doesn't realize the "she'd actually like it if he did" part. Or probably him thinking she doesn't realize the implications of it ... except she does, but he thinks she doesn't, so he tries to keep himself more in check . Hence him perceiving Asia as more naive than she actually is.

Her bashfully trying to hide her embarrassment behind comments like "You like seeing naked skin, right?" probably adds to said misconception - I wouldn't be surprised if Issei thought Asia is doing this because of her apparent assumption that he would like it (and her conforming nature), and the thought that she might be liking it as well, and doing it as much for herself as for him, never actually entered his head in the first place.

So ... yeah, I think Asia is going to have to pull some really bold (and emotionally charged?) moves with no room for misinterpretation towards her true intentions, for Issei to start considering her as a valid target in "that" manner. Meanwhile, so long as there is room to perceive her as naive and gullible (irregardless if that's true or not), that's probably how Issei will treat her and her advances, and thus wouldn't consider taking advantage of them in the same manner he would from most everyone else.
Old 2012-02-27, 08:28   Link #1234
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Ok guys..i just finished my amv for this anime...i'm going to post it in this thread..in about five hours..

i called it High school dxd pure fan-cervice amv so you can tell by the name..this amv is only for fan-cervice..and it is like for 3,40 minute...but i don't know if youtube is ok with this, because i used uncensored part, and the nipples are showed..if you-tube remove it, i'm going to edit these part and cover the nipples, and reupload it again..i hope everyone enjoy my work!!!!!!

Mangatron....i expect your verdict...

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2012-02-27 at 08:43.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 09:19   Link #1235
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
This fantasy is better
Spoiler for NOVEL ARTWORK, not so much spoilers, heavy nsfw:
I don't believe they changed it like that. Usually it's the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I disagree. You don't have to be an asshole to be a harem king. Issei will prove it in the future... I hope. And so will Rito.
Yes... and Rito.

Quote:
Naaah if you make a Harem you want to be the first and last, not some #2-#X.
That way Haremetes will stay loyal and won't go NTR ^^.
You sir, deserve a cookie. But I can't give you another one yet, lol.

Quote:
I see potential to build a harem. It's a romance-fantasy story, so he will build a harem. His dream is being a Harem King.
So he has a harem (In creation that is)
Still Raiser goes for quantity while Ise is going for quality. Thats my opinion.
Another cookie! Quality over quantity, always! Just look at how much more detail Issei's harem is animated than Raiser's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
But all of his training will prove useless if he can't man up to punch a girl in the face if he really needs to, let alone 15 of them.

From what I understand of the Rating Game he's about to participate in, it's either him or them and if he can't win against even one girl, he'd put Rias to shame and seriously disappoint her. She expects him to fight and win, not get his ass handed to him by a bunch of pretty girls.
He doesn't need to punch them, just disable. Or maybe he'll win some of them over and they'll fight for him? We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Unfortunately, there are still several limitations in this forum for your second suggestion
Like the members, I know.
Old 2012-02-27, 10:40   Link #1236
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
His Basic stats are shitty, so its time for training shounen power up camp to improve his base stats. Otherwise his SG is worth shit. 10x2 is better than 1x2. And its not like his enemy will sit and drink afternoon tea waiting for Ise to power up. Its not dragon ball where characters shout for half an ep to power up ^^. Still I damn need to catch up, already 4 eps behind ^^.
Uhh, Boosted Gear can be used many times in a row, so starting at 1 merely means you need to use it more often.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 11:10   Link #1237
zzhk
Summary Machine

I'd imagine there is a maximum based on the limits of the body.

Hence, training basic stats has two benefits:
1) increasing the base being multiplied and
2) raising the maximum power the body can handle.

Besides, in a real battle, how many 10 second intervals do you have to achieve your "many times in a row"?
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 11:25   Link #1238
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Not to mention increasing his skills. You could have the strongest punch of all time, but if you can't land it then it's pointless.
Old 2012-02-27, 11:57   Link #1239
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Uhh, Boosted Gear can be used many times in a row, so starting at 1 merely means you need to use it more often.
zzhk and DragoZERO

already pointed out what I wanted to say.
I can only add that if he won't increase his base stats/skills such as evading and stamina, he won't survive long. Not in every combat can he stay behind and power up. It was already shown in Yuuma fight that he needs to boost and then release the power to get the power up.
Rias is the king so she should be the ones sitting behind the front lines being protected (Chess and all that stuff).
Ise on the other hand is front soldier one of the main force, he needs to survive long enough on his own to get a boost. Its not like Akeno/Kiba/Koneko can protect him 24/7 for him to power up. Considering that Raiser harem is bigger, Ise needs to be able to hand himself long enough to get a boost for fight.
Otherwise it would be like this girl fight.
Ise starts power uping
3 seconds later
Ise laying dead on the ground.
Who knows he may be able to evolve his double edged sword in the future. As it is now, his base stats are to low for any proper fighting. Its not like his enemies will sit around yaping their mouth while he power ups, especially that they know now how his SG works, as he became a known gossip around devil world.
Old 2012-02-27, 14:37   Link #1240
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

ok..i just finish..

i hope everyone like it....

Enjoy....

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen