AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-09, 13:38   Link #621
chupacabra

If anyone wants to know the details of what happened between us (toybox) and sekai just pm me.
Old 2007-11-09, 15:45   Link #622
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Actually, according to their website they have only released through ep 21. It looks like Sekai and another group named ainex have just released 22-24. I don't know the facts about all the back-stage drama between Toybox and Sekai, but just judging by the quality of the one Sekai-sub of Mamioru-kun I did see, I'll still be waiting for Toybox to release their genreally supperior product (and hopefully I won't have to wait too long! )
OUch! Thanks for the warning. I guess I'll wait. Toybox has been a great group and I've really enjoyed following their subs.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-11-09, 17:32   Link #623
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

Unfortunately ToyBox's encodes have a problem. Try to open 'em with Quicktime, using the Perian codec (www.perian.org, works fine on every other sub I've ever downloaded), it says "An invalid public movie atom was found in the movie." Open it using mplayer, which is based largely on the ffmpeg code, and it opens... but only the first couple minutes function properly. After that the audio falls behind the video, and any attempt to fast forward/rewind/drag the playhead causes it to reset to the beginnign of the file. Methinks there's a timecode error someplace... mplayer is usually very good at rebuilding files with minor errors (or even emebdded malware).
Old 2007-11-09, 17:36   Link #624
chupacabra

SWT, why would we embed malware? clearly you're using crappy codecs for mplayer, for perian well i'm not sure if that's even a trust worth codec, but afaik it shouldn't have any problem unless their code is messy
Old 2007-11-09, 17:52   Link #625
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukansa monkey View Post
Unfortunately ToyBox's encodes have a problem.
Huh, I've played every ep of TB's MP4 files of Mamoru-kun they released with the current version of Windows Media Player (v.11) and an up-to-date set of codexes, and never had any problem. Sounds like it might be an issue with your software of codexes, to me.
Old 2007-11-09, 18:01   Link #626
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I will agree with chupacabra here. You must not have the right codecs for media player. Use Media Player Classic that comes with CCCP or VLC and you'll be fine. It will also work fine on WMP if you installed the CCCP correctly.
Old 2007-11-09, 18:17   Link #627
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

I have seven different video players. I can always get one of them to play files, lol.
Old 2007-11-18, 23:34   Link #628
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-19, 07:34   Link #629
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Cheh.. false alarm.. was expecting ep 22-24 announcement
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-11-19, 09:43   Link #630
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

They are out?
Old 2007-11-19, 14:49   Link #631
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
They are out?
No. They're not. You can always check here to find out.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-11-19, 15:39   Link #632
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

I think we got this confused. I meant the episodes are out in general, not the Toybox ones. Those aren't.
Old 2007-11-19, 16:48   Link #633
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

The Ainex ones arent that bad, you just need to remember that they're speed subs. I found them watchable, which is all i need while i wat for TB to finish off the releases. atleast this way i was able to finish watching the series.
Old 2008-04-22, 21:55   Link #634
Caiobrz
Frantic Waller

* Thread necrophilia enabled *

Is it me or the fact that most of the time what is important in this show is "being worthy" and not love or feelings that matter gets the value down?

I was hoping for a good romance but boy, most episodes just get the romance to a sub-teen rollercoaster of "I'm not worthy", "he will be worthy one day" yadda yadda ... ep 14 where

Spoiler for ep14:

Since when "power" is important in love? this show is a step back in romantic anime. I know this is not serious, but I would rather watch harem where 10 girls like (for no reason, like real love) the lead dumb male instead of this where seams like Mamoru must prove to be worthy so the romance can hit off? I would look at the german guy on ep 13 and say "F-word your powers, we are together because we love each other, bite me looser" xD~

Most anime drag you 24 episodes of a love polygon until the male lead grows balls to confess, this drags 24 episodes so the main characters finally get what love is really about? The comedy and filler episodes were a lot funnier =/ ... 12 episodes for a first kiss? talk about dragging things up >.> (and dismantle that good cute feeling with the german insurrection on the episodes later, a.k.a. kiss means nothing unless you can turn into SUPER-SAYAJIN!)

><; would be so much better if this followed more like a Tsukiyomi ~ moon phase ~ or Narue no Sekai romance line.
Old 2008-05-07, 09:29   Link #635
Taricitous

Send a message via MSN to Taricitous
Quote:
Since when "power" is important in love? this show is a step back in romantic anime. I know this is not serious, but I would rather watch harem where 10 girls like (for no reason, like real love) the lead dumb male instead of this where seams like Mamoru must prove to be worthy so the romance can hit off? I would look at the german guy on ep 13 and say "F-word your powers, we are together because we love each other, bite me looser" xD~

Most anime drag you 24 episodes of a love polygon until the male lead grows balls to confess, this drags 24 episodes so the main characters finally get what love is really about? The comedy and filler episodes were a lot funnier =/ ... 12 episodes for a first kiss? talk about dragging things up >.> (and dismantle that good cute feeling with the german insurrection on the episodes later, a.k.a. kiss means nothing unless you can turn into SUPER-SAYAJIN!)
lol i completely understand what you mean, but im pretty sure the whole 'worthy' thing is a factor for young males who are shy in the presence of young females i guess its a personal thing with Mamoru and i guess its only natural he feels that way (you know been the ONLY PERSON that Ayako has EVER reacted in such a way before and since its Ayako, you get where this is leading ... ), i mean how would you feel if you were looked upon like that by the entire world (that you know of)???
Old 2008-05-07, 16:38   Link #636
Oxtail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiobrz View Post

><; would be so much better if this followed more like a Tsukiyomi ~ moon phase ~ or Narue no Sekai romance line.

Spoiler for Ayako and the German guy:

I wasn't that fond of the ending, but I thought the rest of the anime did a great job on the romance. The fact that Mamoru even figures out why Ayako has to struggle between himself and Johan shows how much deeper the romance in this show is than most other anime in which the characters spend 80% of the time being clueless and stupid. Confession in the first episode and first kiss halfway through the series is pretty damn fast compared to all the shows where the confession comes in the last episode and it probably just leads to hand holding or a hug instead of a kiss.
Old 2008-05-07, 18:59   Link #637
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiobrz View Post
Is it me or the fact that most of the time what is important in this show is "being worthy" and not love or feelings that matter gets the value down?
Most of the "worthy" stuff was self-inflicted by Mamoru. He didn't think he was good enough for someone as beautiful and talented and powerful as Ayako. Power and worth were never an issue on Ayako's part.

Quote:
Spoiler for ep14:
Like Oxtail said, Ayako never liked the guy, and was not going to dump Mamoru just becuase Johann's research was interesting. Here "beatrice" power was reacting to his and drawing her unwillingly to him. Her confession to Mamoru about this was not an attempt to dump him, but an unstated cry for him to help her resist that pull (which Maroru realized later which is why he then told Johann to get stuffed).

Quote:
Sure, it wasn't a terribly deep romance, but I thought it was a fun show and enjoyed watching it.
Old 2008-06-11, 09:12   Link #638
xris
Just call me Ojisan

While this series has not yet been licensed we have received a C&D from Kadokawa Pictures USA, we therefore won't be listing fansubs of this series here on AnimeSuki anymore.

Please note that Kadokawa are acting on the behalf of the Japanese IP owners, Kadokawa Pictures USA themselves do not license such series but act as a master licensor, a middle-man who sells on the license to (typically) American anime companies.
Old 2008-06-11, 16:40   Link #639
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Nevermind-Scratch what I said.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, romance, school life, tsundere, zexcs