AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-21, 19:47   Link #2241
paladinenvec

I rented Fable 3 and i completed it in 2 days... i'm glad that i didn't bought it, it was good though but not worth 50 bucks.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 13:49   Link #2242
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Playing F.E.A.R. for the first time. I was in a horror games mood after playing through Amnesia: The Dark Descent and saw the christmas offer on Steam (75% reduced price) for the 'F.E.A.R. Complete Pack' at £5:

F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. Extraction Point
F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn (DLC)

The offer was one-day only but it's now back to the 50% holiday sale rate.

I've never bothered to check the game out and decided to look into it once I saw the offer. Ratings were good and it was dirt cheap, so I went for it. So far, I'm enjoying it and progressing quite well. I like most of the scare tactics except for those 'big ugly corpse' images suddenly flashing across the screen like some lame 'screamer' flash animation. The action is really fun though... can't really go wrong with bullet time. I plan on chugging through the entire series over christmas and playing it in proper mood with headphones + dark room. I've so far developed a habit of immediately unloading a clip on anything that takes me by surprise... meaning, I started blasting away at a corpse when it came crashing through a window in the office before realizing what it was.

EDIT: Ok, finished the first game and am onto Extraction Point now. I had to manually edit a settings config file to allow 1920x1200 resolution because the expansion didn't have it selectable in the options (but the game before it did ).

I thought the first game was good... though I seemed to eventually get used to the scares and it started to freak me out less after about the 4th level. Going by all the posts I see about it on other forums I was expecting it to get progressively scarier but I comfortably completed it in very few sittings (which I couldn't do for games like Amnesia + Silent Hill 1+2). Extraction Point so far kicks off very nicely with some cool events... looking forward to completing this next.

Last edited by Woopzilla; 2010-12-23 at 00:43.
Woopzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 23:19   Link #2243
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
What's Angry Birds?
I think this is the one (Rovio - Angry Birds) http://www.rovio.com/index.php?page=angry-birds

I don't know if that's the right one, but its what I got.
Old 2010-12-22, 23:29   Link #2244
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Hopelessly addicted to Monster Hunter 3 Portable when not playing K-ON!: Hokagou Live.

Now I got TWO Chainsaws. Ho Ho Ho!!
Old 2010-12-24, 19:36   Link #2245
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Playing Brave Soul, love this old school hentai action/adventure/RPG gem.

love the Op in it as well:

Old 2010-12-25, 15:00   Link #2246
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

I got Disgaea DS for christmas and been neglecting all other tasks ever since. The level cap is over 9000! /oldmemeisold
Old 2010-12-27, 22:00   Link #2247
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

FINALLY kicked the Electro-Wolf's big scaly butt!!

Now onto fighting the REAL big Dragons.... tee hee hee.
Old 2010-12-28, 05:59   Link #2248
MetalCookie

Transformers: War For Cybertron

It was difficult at first, but now I'm getting the hang of it.
Old 2010-12-30, 22:06   Link #2249
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Dead Space for the PC.

Saw it on sale on Steam at £5 and bought it.... but oh man, I should've known once I saw the EA logo. I spent hours troubleshooting weird issues: the biggest of which you can read up here: http://techreport.com/discussions.x/16061

It turns out my PC was too good and I had to try and bring it down to its knees by turning on all sorts of stuff in the ATi Catalyst Control Center (had to update my drivers to 10.12 for the setings to take effect though... old drivers were a bit rubbish). Finally managed to get my fps down from 200fps to 70fps and it's playable! Yay.

But then I ran into another bug... I started my first ever playthrough on hard since I heard there's a 'New Game+' feature and I usually switch to hard after a first run anyway. So I'm plowing along nicely for an hour and continue playing later and notice the game changed my difficulty to normal! Another well known bug after a bit of googling... So I had to restart the game and make a mental note to never click 'Continue Game' and instead use the 'Load Game' button.

I now keep two saves of my progress and am finally enjoying the game.

Basically, it's a terrible port and EA is just being good old EA.
Old 2010-12-31, 00:23   Link #2250
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Super robot war J, since its finally translated. also
SRW W was translated in China and atlus brought over endless frontier .
Pretty good that i got to play 3 translated SRW games this year.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 04:36   Link #2251
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Yup, that is one really good game. Love the characters

Anyway, I'm playing at the moment Super Robot Wars J for GBA, English release is out so of course...and Xenogears for the good old days =)
Old 2011-01-01, 06:06   Link #2252
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Oh there's nothing quite as satisfying as the feeling of rolling between a Giant Fire Breathing Dragon's Legs with an Ice-Cold-Katana, cutting its belly open and ripping its guts out, skinning it and using its hide as a handle for my Giant Burning-Greatsword.

By the way, is there a Monster Hunter Portable 3rd Thread here?
Old 2011-01-07, 09:22   Link #2253
Sciel
Etoilé

Console :
Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes . Fun hack and slash.

I finished off ToS1 and ToS: Dawn of the new world this week. ToS was awesome but frankly Dawn of the new world was beyond what i would call a disappointment. I literally didn't give a shit after the 12th or so mark and had to force myself to finish it.

Ar Tonelico 2 . Starting it again after stopping halfway and forgetting about the story . Have to play it on a PS2 emulator since my SD TV is borked and the graphics up close really hurt my eyes .

Handheld :

None . Waiting for Ghost Trick to be released on the 11th !

PC :

Again none. Have Reccetear (which i bought on steam MONTHS ago ) and Fallout New Vegas but can't be bothered to play .

Currently reading Da Capo 2 since i have absolutely nothing to do.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 09:26   Link #2254
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Iphone Street Fighter 4 is fricking awesome.

Clocked Ryu's mode in 9 minutes 49 seconds, being beaten by Dhalsim once.

And the best thing is, now you can play the game with Street Fighter 2 Music!! YAY!!
Old 2011-01-07, 14:57   Link #2255
Otsdarva
Cadenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Console :

I finished off ToS1 and ToS: Dawn of the new world this week. ToS was awesome but frankly Dawn of the new world was beyond what i would call a disappointment. I literally didn't give a shit after the 12th or so mark and had to force myself to finish it.
ToS1 was epic, although ToS2 was bit of a disappointment for me, I still loved the stuff to do. Honestly, I enjoyed the monster capturing and weapon creation the most - as wella s the new battle system. Although personally? I liked Decus and Alice more then Emil and Marta.

To quote,

"DUMBO stands for Dashing-Undaunting-Masculine-Brave-and-Oh-So-Sexy"
"No. DUMBO stands for D-U-M-B. Dumb."

Quote:
Carol and Claire are the best. Sorry, but Alicia and Ruby doesn't really interest me. Did their routes for the completion, honestly.
Otsdarva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 21:13   Link #2256
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cello View Post
ToS1 was epic, although ToS2 was bit of a disappointment for me, I still loved the stuff to do. Honestly, I enjoyed the monster capturing and weapon creation the most - as wella s the new battle system. Although personally? I liked Decus and Alice more then Emil and Marta.

To quote,

"DUMBO stands for Dashing-Undaunting-Masculine-Brave-and-Oh-So-Sexy"
"No. DUMBO stands for D-U-M-B. Dumb."

Carol and Claire are the best. Sorry, but Alicia and Ruby doesn't really interest me. Did their routes for the completion, honestly.
The monster capturing thing it seems from what i've read online is a love-hate thing. Personally i hated it to bits since it gave the developers a cheap excuse to give us only two new characters whilst reusing the whole Symphonia cast for fanservice reasons. The whole game actually felt like some fanfiction random guy/girl #12121 wrote online. Also, if i wanted Pokemon... i would play...Pokemon .

The thing that actually killed the game for me was the reusing of the ToS dungeons. Most of the dungeons were almost 1:1 clones with the exact same puzzles (hello annoying tower of lightning puzzle) as ToS1 and even the new dungeons were so lol . The final dungeon's "puzzle" is especially .
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 15:19   Link #2257
Otsdarva
Cadenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
The monster capturing thing it seems from what i've read online is a love-hate thing. Personally i hated it to bits since it gave the developers a cheap excuse to give us only two new characters whilst reusing the whole Symphonia cast for fanservice reasons. The whole game actually felt like some fanfiction random guy/girl #12121 wrote online. Also, if i wanted Pokemon... i would play...Pokemon .

The thing that actually killed the game for me was the reusing of the ToS dungeons. Most of the dungeons were almost 1:1 clones with the exact same puzzles (hello annoying tower of lightning puzzle) as ToS1 and even the new dungeons were so lol . The final dungeon's "puzzle" is especially .
I'm rather nonchalant about most gameplay, in fact I've been told "If you can play a Samurai Warrior-esque game for more then an hour you can probably play anything." I'm rather fond of both Monster Hunter and Pokemon gameplay, so I'm probably biased about it all. But still, I didn't find it hugely disappointing. It was a fun game for me overall.

Yeah, that is my one qualm too. They re-used the dungeons.... That isn't something I agree with. Even most sequels don't have that many dungeon similarity, most usually not the same dungeon.
Otsdarva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 22:01   Link #2258
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
After watching the Area 88 OVAs I had to fire up Locked On: Flaming Cliffs 2 and get some dogfights happening.

There's nothing like swooping down on an unawares MiG-29C and letting lose with the cannon.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 08:24   Link #2259
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Started replaying fallout 3, this time though i'm taking a more dastardly route, if anyone is interested in screens i've posted some here.
Old 2011-01-10, 11:24   Link #2260
tkdtiger

I just started the Neverwinter Nights 2 series. So far it's an ok game although the voice acting is a bit mediocre and the controls are not that great. The story so far seems a bit cliche, but overall I'm enjoying it. I liked The Wicher and the Dragon Age Series more.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote