AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-07, 17:26   Link #1701
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
Well I majored in the alphabet in pre-school. Not as prestigious as the vaunted reading/writing dual major but it was up there.
Don't worry darlin', it was enough to educate our children.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-08-08, 06:25   Link #1702
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Well I majored in the alphabet in pre-school. Not as prestigious as the vaunted reading/writing dual major but it was up there. My minor was in nap time. </appeal to authority>

Reading/writing final exam: compare and contrast
Let me start by saying that when you first tried to correct me, you did not give a quote to which post you were correcting. I figured you were responding to the second and not the first, because you posted the comment after the second. You did not specify that it was for the first.

And comparing my two posts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
I disagree with Endo. Sheryl is a strong, independent character. If she can't live without Alto, then all of that characteristics would go to waste.
This is present tense, meaning if she cannot live in the future without him, it is a waste of her character. It was not past tense, so therefore the correct word is "live" and not the past tense version "lived."
Quote:
I hate it that all shippers say "they can't live without each other." Um, how did they live to meet each other? They lived without each other beforehand. They got through life fine. They weren't happy but then again they were alone. But the fact is that we all live alone anyway at some points in our lives. It is unavoidable. If two characters were together for ever, absolutely, then they would be idealistic. If they cannot live without one another, they are a waste of screen time. Humans are strong. And people that say they aren't should go jump off a cliff.
Notice that each time I use the word "live," I refer to present or future tense, not past; then I use the word "lived" before the word "beforehand." That is the difference. Because using the word "lived" when asking "how did they ___ to meet each other" would be wrong. The correct term is "live" because you are speaking of present tense, as they are still alive. If they were dead, you would use "lived."

I have a college degree in this. My grammar is excellent. I pride myself in it. Besides, one day, it will get me very far in life, considering excellent grammar/spelling is a requirement for most jobs.

But I do say that you have excellent eye; I can tell that you actually read my posts unlike certain others who insert words that I never said. So thank you for taking the time.
Old 2012-08-08, 06:42   Link #1703
angel8

For you who will Alto in the future after the end of the series?
Old 2012-08-08, 07:50   Link #1704
magnuskn

Sheryl.

And, erfine, stop taunting LMK, she doesn't understand the concept of sarcasm. ^^
Old 2012-08-08, 09:22   Link #1705
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
And, erfine, stop taunting LMK, she doesn't understand the concept of sarcasm. ^^
But I think thats why its so fun...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-08-08, 10:35   Link #1706
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

No, it's not. Stop picking on little girls, darn it!

Old 2012-08-08, 10:37   Link #1707
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Beto, I read what you typed, and because its too early in the morning, I thought you said:

Stop POKING little girls...

And I was like... whoa, I need coffee, man...

- Tak

Old 2012-08-08, 15:31   Link #1708
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

I'm 20. Your sarcasm is ridiculous.

Anyway, angel8, my response is Ranka. I truly don't see a future for Alto and Sheryl outside of the war. They were drawn together by it and usually those types of relationships never last. So I vote for Ranka based on that and his feelings for her that he's yet to own up to. But the real proof will be the next Macross; so pray that it won't be a five-year wait to find out.
Old 2012-08-08, 16:21   Link #1709
erfine
hugs@Ranka

^I'll get you next time, Gadget! NEXT TIIIIME!
Nya~! :3

@Kags:
So yeah long story short different people have different standards about what "independent" is. Yours is prolly more hardcore than Endo (and most peoples).

But it's not like you care about Sheryl being all row row girl powah, ya just want her out of the way so you can hookup Alto with Brera or somethin. But you can come out n jus say it we're all friends here (cept for Natsuki, she's too cool to hang out with us anymore).

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaret
And, erfine, stop taunting LMK, she doesn't understand the concept of sarcasm.
Sarcasm? Moi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaTESTER
...protested Beta, stamping her little foot petulantly.

hug
Old 2012-08-08, 16:30   Link #1710
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
@Kags:
So yeah long story short different people have different standards about what "independent" is. Yours is prolly more hardcore than Endo (and most peoples).
I'll agree to this alone.

Quote:
But it's not like you care about Sheryl being all row row girl powah, ya just want her out of the way so you can hookup Alto with Brera or somethin. But you can come out n jus say it we're all friends here (cept for Natsuki, she's too cool to hang out with us anymore).
You've missed many of the posts where I've said I liked her as a standalone character. I never said I hate her for being in the show, as she's a good friend to Ranka at times, depending on the situation. But in the love triangle category, I find her character annoying and often times redundant. So I like her as a character, but I can't see her romantically involved with Alto; mostly because it isn't within her character to be in love with a male, her singing is her life.

So don't put words in my mouth. I'd prefer it if we'd cut the middle man and make a series all about the friendship of Sheryl and Ranka; because those two are dynamites together.
Old 2012-08-08, 17:26   Link #1711
magnuskn

Quote:
Sarcasm? Moi?
<tickles erfine>

I'll be your tool anytime, m'lady.
Old 2012-08-09, 11:14   Link #1712
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
I'm 20. Your sarcasm is ridiculous.
If that was meant for me, little girl, you're wasting your time... I really am not in any kinda mood for flame-wars and was merely making a joke. If you can't stand it, sorry.
Just take a look at my age and you'll see why I call anyone 15 years younger than me "little".

Old 2012-08-09, 13:45   Link #1713
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
If that was meant for me, little girl, you're wasting your time... I really am not in any kinda mood for flame-wars and was merely making a joke. If you can't stand it, sorry.
Just take a look at my age and you'll see why I call anyone 15 years younger than me "little".
That was directed at anyone in general who obviously thinks I'm younger. Not directly at you, Beto.
Old 2012-08-10, 05:55   Link #1714
angel8

Quote:
Anyway,*angel8*, my response is Ranka. I truly don't see a future for Alto and Sheryl outside of the war. They were drawn together by it and usually those types of relationships never last. So I vote for Ranka based on that and his feelings for her that he's yet to own up to. But the real proof will be the next Macross; so pray that it won't be a five-year wait to find out.
Why the next macross??
I read that it will be released but does not affect macross FB7 macross frontier, macross 7.
Will be another story ...

Last edited by angel8; 2012-08-10 at 06:59.
Old 2012-08-10, 12:40   Link #1715
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel8 View Post
Will be another story ...
Yes, it will have nothing to do with the previous series, save for a superficial mention of the previous plot.

- Tak

Old 2012-08-11, 15:52   Link #1716
angel8

possibility for a season 2 of macross frontier??
Old 2012-08-11, 16:10   Link #1717
magnuskn

Sadly not likely. Kawamori doesn't do those. Well, hasn't done those in the past, but it's severely unlikely. The next big Frontier project will be a completely new series with a new cast.

The best we can hope for are some OVAs, like the one cross-overing Macross 7 and Macross Frontier which we'll get soon-ish.
Old 2012-08-11, 16:10   Link #1718
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
possibility for a season 2 of macross frontier??
Nope.

It was finished with the movies.

There is a movie coming out in October; but it will have little to do with the plot itself.

Frontier finished in 2011. You're late to catch up; but I respect your desire for more. I too wish there was more.
Old 2012-08-12, 05:44   Link #1719
angel8

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Sadly not likely. Kawamori doesn't do those. Well, hasn't done those in the past, but it's severely unlikely. The next big Frontier project will be a completely new series with a new cast.

The best we can hope for are some OVAs, like the one cross-overing Macross 7 and Macross Frontier which we'll get soon-ish.
However I hope that the 35th anniversary of macross, announce some other movie about macross frontier or 2 series!, at least I hope.
Old 2012-08-12, 09:40   Link #1720
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
However I hope that the 35th anniversary of macross, announce some other movie about macross frontier or 2 series!, at least I hope.
Your hopes are gonna get crushed. Kawamori doesn't do that. He does sequels, not second seasons. The movies we got are the only ones he'll ever give. It's time to move on.