AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-06-13, 22:09   Link #141
Jourdal

I can't follow monthly series..too difficult..i can only follow the new prince of tennis.

My only real apprehension about this series is that it doesn't end up like the current to love ru..they have and important chapter once every 50 or so chapters...it's like filler but in manga form...
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 22:40   Link #142
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... and why would it end up being like to-love-ru in the first place? If anything, this series is more like Haruhi than TLR

And after reading the scanlation, I think that this series is going to get more interesting... Akune going for Medaka, with the judo captain egging him on so that she can get Zenkichi for herself, all while Medaka makes sure that Zenkichi doesn't leave her side, and Zenkichi himself probably having to face off against Akune every once in a while. And we still have that thing called Shiranui too...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 22:51   Link #143
Somnus
Eh?

I find Medaka's cute side extremely awesome, plain and simple. That being said, I did expect there to be other members to her Student Council...just not someone like Akune. I guess my biggest problem with it is not the fact that he was recruited, but the fact that he's the secretary (though I started to guess he would be when Medaka commented on his handwriting).

Unless I'm mistaken Zenkichi is still Mr. "Lowest Rank", and that's what bugs me most of all (though I'm sure rank doesn't matter to the whole Zenkichi x Medaka situation, so this is just a personal thing). Oh well, let's see where this all goes...I don't plan to ever drop this, but I do hope things don't drift into the "bleh" direction.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 22:56   Link #144
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Well, the next question is, how much will she entrust to Zenkichi? I have this feeling that because she made Akune secretary simply means that he'll get all the paperwork dumped on him, while Zenkichi continues to deal with whatever comes up in the suggestion box that Medaka sends him to do

which would be funny as hell, if you ask me...

Old 2009-06-14, 00:19   Link #145
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Akune simply seems too much like a side character and is as annoying as one too. I don't like the decision to stick him in the student council. As long as he doesn't show up too often i'll be ok, but if he has too much of a defining role i might drop the series all together. After all it's all about Medaka and Zenkichi for me.

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-06-14 at 00:19. Reason: Spelling
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 00:22   Link #146
Jourdal

He'll most definitely be stuck with the paperwork.

ALso im pretty sure Medaka wasn't commenting on his hand writing the judo captain was, the scan i read says "Kurokami-chan, Akune....Handwriting is good too?"

Everyone is right though..i guess we shouldn't jump the gun so early..i just didn't think i'd find a character i despise 5 chapter in.

Quote:
After all it's all about Medaka and Zenkichi for me.
This sums up my sentiments
Old 2009-06-14, 06:32   Link #147
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah i'm another one (like i've already said) that hopes Akune doesn't have a huge role each chapter. If he only appears for a few pages each chapter, then i won't mind. I just don't want him getting in the way of Medaka and Zenkichi development.
Old 2009-06-14, 08:27   Link #148
lotus7
Aria Obsessive

To be honest I don't mind akune so much. He's only annoying because he needed to be the bad guy for his introduction (at least, that's what I think). At any rate, I hope the next few people to join the student council aren't fighters, then it'll just start getting ridiculous.
Old 2009-06-14, 08:43   Link #149
TrueKnight

I guess some people are annoyed because the author put up a rather genius and handsome rival in order to compete for Medaka's love. Come on now. Akune's a fucktard, yes but at least he's not an evil fucktard but rather a sportsman where he acknowledged his one point loss against Zenkichi. Besides with Medaka's lawfully good iron rule administration she's probably bound to face some hardocore delinquents sooner or later, so a Zenkichi - Akune tag team are exactly the deterrent she needs. For sure they both love Medaka and wants to protect her at all cost.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 08:47   Link #150
Jourdal

A tag team sounds awesome i must admit

An thank TrueKnight..i keep forgetting that im reading a shonen lol
Old 2009-06-14, 09:09   Link #151
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
I guess some people are annoyed because the author put up a rather genius and handsome rival in order to compete for Medaka's love.
Nope that doesn't bother me at all. I don't mind his character at all, seriously. I was just hoping this would be one of those stories where we didn't have to deal with it, and we can just develop what we've seen before he appeared.

It doesn't look like he'll be a big time player so i'm fine. Like i said, a few pages a chapter, not appearing in the spotlight along with Medaka and Zenkichi please.
Old 2009-06-14, 11:12   Link #152
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Anyone for Shiranui for a seat in the students' representative council? Well, I think we pretty much know how Medaka won't approve her in there (thanks to Zenkichi's constant babbling of asking assistance from Shiranui back in chapter 3) but... well, I think it could be pretty interesting. At least she drools over Akune's... uh, well-toned body; so... yeah.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 11:14   Link #153
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

He doesn't pose any threat at all. Medaka is already in love with Zen, and vice versa.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 11:43   Link #154
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus7 View Post
To be honest I don't mind akune so much. He's only annoying because he needed to be the bad guy for his introduction (at least, that's what I think). At any rate, I hope the next few people to join the student council aren't fighters, then it'll just start getting ridiculous.
Nice sig lotus7

So is Medaka really in love with Zenkichi? It also kind of seems like she is tricking him with cuteness tactics to use him, but at the same time it also seems like she really does like him. So it's confusing me

I also kinda wished Shiranui had a different name, every time i hear Shiranui, i think of Mai Shiranui
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 11:50   Link #155
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
I guess some people are annoyed because the author put up a rather genius and handsome rival in order to compete for Medaka's love.
Akune's one of those characters who appears every couple of episodes with a small role of begging Medaka to love him. Most people feel with him on the student council he will have a much bigger role. Rather then having him as a rival i see him more as an unnecessary characters who just serves to annoy me.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 11:56   Link #156
Jourdal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramojones View Post
Nice sig lotus7

So is Medaka really in love with Zenkichi? It also kind of seems like she is tricking him with cuteness tactics to use him, but at the same time it also seems like she really does like him. So it's confusing me

I also kinda wished Shiranui had a different name, every time i hear Shiranui, i think of Mai Shiranui
It's implied that she does...she did go all Moe, but more importantly she said she would cry if he wasn't by her side..do you see her as the type to lie? she actually doesn't have a manipulative bone in her body AFAK.

The biggest hints are keeping him by her side at all times..he barely gets to ineract with anyone else (or perhaps he chose not to) and she was jealous of Shiranui despite the fact that she poses no threat..she stepped into investigation just to make sure Zenkichi doesn't need shiranuis help. Which is the most obvious example
Old 2009-06-14, 13:08   Link #157
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I got no problem with Akune as a character or as a rival, he can appear as much as he wants really its just I'm not sure of him joining the SC is all, just doesn't quite sit well with me. Now I know its the best basis for the rest of the cast to be in the SC just not my most ideal regarding Akune atm. Guess i wanted it to be just the 2 of them in SC but guess this works too.

well its all done and dusted anyway so not much one can do, I always whine and dine about the little stuff intially but in the end it doesn't bother me a great deal.

I'm just waiting for my cute Megane-chan to show up, I'll say this now as a school life shouen if she doesn't ever show up I'll mark this as fail!!!
Gotta have my Megane-chan!!

well we had Super Moe Medaka but we need a Medaka copy pose! hope we get one next chapter!
Old 2009-06-14, 15:35   Link #158
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

You guys are just relating too strongly to Zenkichi and want to keep Medaka for yourselves.

I don't like the guy of course, but he's quirky enough and you need at least some people you don't like to bounce off of the good guys.
Old 2009-06-14, 15:50   Link #159
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
You guys are just relating too strongly to Zenkichi and want to keep Medaka for yourselves.

I won't deny it...

Old 2009-06-14, 16:16   Link #160
Jourdal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I won't deny it...
Me either, Medaka reminds me of an exaggerated version of a girl i had a thing for

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council