AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-06-24, 10:27   Link #1521
A l i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I agree, though I think its also related to me not liking the character design as well.
Is there a bigger resolution for this image? I can't make it bigger
A l i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 11:10   Link #1522
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

The various AGE forms looks good, I want to like Spallow (lolz?) more, but the head design doesn't work well with the body IMO, but I'm a sucker for close combat suit, let's see how it will be in animation.

Meh at the pilot suit too
Old 2011-06-24, 12:51   Link #1523
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I was hoping the pilot suit would be closer to Rockman X. Then again, I've been spoiled by Setsuna who does look Rockman-ish a bit to me in his suit.
Old 2011-06-24, 13:58   Link #1524
justavisitor

I really don't like the pilot suit lol (as many others have pointed out)

nothing much else can be said since we only have one PV? so far...my only comment regarding to the PV is that I am not used to this kind of animation in Gundam

probably I will still watch it...it's gundam after all, but I don't have too much expectation on this show XD (guess I am waiting for the pleasant surprise then)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 15:09   Link #1525
Se7en Sabers

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I really don't like the pilot suit lol (as many others have pointed out)

nothing much else can be said since we only have one PV? so far...my only comment regarding to the PV is that I am not used to this kind of animation in Gundam

probably I will still watch it...it's gundam after all, but I don't have too much expectation on this show XD (guess I am waiting for the pleasant surprise then)
Indeed, the pilot suit looks... weird

I prefer this one
Se7en Sabers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 23:22   Link #1526
justavisitor

I feel so wrong to say this to a gundam show, but rockman's suit looks a thousand times better than the one (we only have one pilot suit so far??) in AGE...

and yes, the pilot suit for Christina is also one of my favorite...and that was 20 years ago..(I think pilot suit in Seed is not that bad either)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 01:15   Link #1527
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Now all we need is a blond guy in a red suit wielding a green beam saber red Gundam MS (I know the suit looks closer to Rockman than Rockman X but I like Zero....Setsuna's more closerto Rockman X I guess).

I really like Fritz's voice though, quite macho for someone who looks like that. He must have just passed puberty or something, where you can have a deep voice and still look younger than the voice impression. The age of 14 is around the time where it should happen.
Old 2011-06-25, 03:11   Link #1528
HasuMasu
*Artist

i like the suit, awesome

can't warm up to that head on the sparrow, just...wrong
Old 2011-06-25, 03:34   Link #1529
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Well, I have to agree that the suit looks pretty awful. Still, I'm liking the blade with the *cough* Spallow. The Titus looks pretty nice too I guess.
Quote:
I just wish it wasn't officially romanized as "Spallow"
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Spallow (lolz?)
It wouldn't be Gundam if we didn't have a stupid name around I guess.
Quote:
I really like Fritz's voice though, quite macho for someone who looks like that. He must have just passed puberty or something, where you can have a deep voice and still look younger than the voice impression. The age of 14 is around the time where it should happen.
It could just be that the death of his mother forced him to mature faster. Then again, Setsuna & Amuro did sound pretty adult since they were around Fritz's age, and didn't really change have their them change as they grew older, other than become deeper.
Old 2011-06-25, 06:19   Link #1530
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Even if it wad a result of the japanese interhanage RLs, I wish they took the time to find the correct usage of the word. They definitely were basing it of Sparrow.

It's not the biggest issue in te world or anything but it still bothers me >__>. Any chance it's demonized on purposed? Gundam 00 did that to some names intentionally.
Old 2011-06-25, 07:15   Link #1531
kiak666

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw Fritz's pilot suit is this:

Spoiler for Yes, I'm Serious...:
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 07:18   Link #1532
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

See... The 'advance generation' timeline now feels adequate j/k.
Old 2011-06-25, 07:55   Link #1533
winter45

Hmmm.... probably has been mentioned but i would like to say im just not digging with character designs.. it does have the lack to say "kiddies show" look to them. The mecha... well not to enthusiastic about, but the animation quality looks good for the design of the show.

Im just hoping that the story will be just as compelling as V gundum but that just me crossing my fingers.

The flight suit.... not my personal taste.

Now ive said my 2 cents
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 09:01   Link #1534
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

At the moment, I hope for it to be closer to G Gundam than V, but I really wish of it to be something completely different and set a new precedent for the franchise.

My only issue with the story so far is that Level 5 is attached to it. Other than that, everything about the plot revealed so far is pretty exciting.

I'm not liking the designs myself much, even though I usually love some of the designs in kid anime (Beast Player Erin and Heartcatch being among the recent examples) but hey, as long as it has solid mecha action I wont mind (since the director is pretty experienced with Gundam, I'm hoping it'll be solid in that regarded)
Old 2011-06-25, 09:06   Link #1535
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Here's Bandai's assurance that AGE isn't meant for kids from an interview :-

http://www.b-ch.com/contents/feat_gundam/

You'll need a Japanese IP to access the full contents.

But basically, the Japanese transcript is as follows :-
Quote:
・ガンダムの進化、というのは
 ガンダムの戦闘経験に合わせて設計図をひいて・・とからしい
・子供向けでなく、ガンダムと言うコンテンツを翻訳するイメージ
・フリットは憎しみを持って戦うっぽい
・ガンダムを子供向けにしちゃいけないと思っている
・ストーリーは本当に重い展開
・分かりやすくなるように気を使ってはいる
・子供向けガンダム、と言う言い方は子供に失礼だと思う
 大人はいいですよ、という気持ちは全くない
・最初はガンダム1機でいく。後半、ガンダムが増えるかもしれないけど(笑)
・実際に始まって、絵を見ると「子供向け?」というイメージは消えると思
Kinda feeling lazy this evening, so can someone do the honours of translating everything ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 09:06   Link #1536
bio9205
Reborn

Yeah, the suit is really, really bad. The Gundam designs are growing on me though. Don't really like Spallow (wtf. Seriously?) and Titus, but I'm really liking AGE-1 Normal more than I did when I first saw pics of it.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 09:12   Link #1537
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Can we please shut up about the pilot suit?
Old 2011-06-25, 09:13   Link #1538
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Can't read moon runes that well but about that, this was posted earlier in the thread
Quote:
According to Sunrise Managing Director Yasuo Miyakawa, this series's theme will be "three generations". A first for Gundam, the hero will mature, have children, and the story will follow his son and then his grandson. Both adults and children will be able to enjoy this century-spanning epic story illustrating the protagonists' maturation and the inevitable differences between generations.
So I think it would be more accurate to call it family friendly as opposed to kids friendly I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Well I guess it's not made out of tight pink latex ...
Old 2011-06-25, 09:54   Link #1539
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Here's Bandai's assurance that AGE isn't meant for kids from an interview :-

http://www.b-ch.com/contents/feat_gundam/

You'll need a Japanese IP to access the full contents.

But basically, the Japanese transcript is as follows :-

Kinda feeling lazy this evening, so can someone do the honours of translating everything ?
I have my hopes that it isn't directed at 8 year-olds or so. The preview though, really/truly leads one to believe that it is meant for a very young audience. I mean, the "main" character's look, the Harlock looking characters near the end, not to mention the one guy's uniform(Galaxy 999-look) makes you wonder what they are aiming for.

I'll give it a chance of course, and I hope this doesn't bring about the demise of Gundam.(Though the older series will still hold up)
Old 2011-06-25, 10:23   Link #1540
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
*sigh* Alright, alright......It's not THAT bad, though I wish it would match AGE-1's colors more.

Interested in seeing the other pilot suits actually.