AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-18, 10:39   Link #21
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The Op and ED were released yday and they look really awesome .... I hope we can get a fansub soon . As of now two fansub groups are working on this show .

* Static-Subs

* Alex-subs
Old 2009-01-18, 10:56   Link #22
gnuffiehot

Just as a heads up. The OP and ED were released by that "Alex-subs" group. The group decided against using a name however and will just release subs without having a group name and whatnot.

As for Erin. I like the easy going'ness of the series so far. Episode 2 was another slow episode where they were just building up character for you to cry about later when bad stuff happened later in the series. Actual story will probably start in an episode or 2.

I love Erin's eyes. Totally fell in love with the green eyes the first time I looked at them.
gnuffiehot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 15:29   Link #23
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuffiehot View Post
Just as a heads up. The OP and ED were released by that "Alex-subs" group. The group decided against using a name however and will just release subs without having a group name and whatnot.

As for Erin. I like the easy going'ness of the series so far. Episode 2 was another slow episode where they were just building up character for you to cry about later when bad stuff happened later in the series. Actual story will probably start in an episode or 2.

I love Erin's eyes. Totally fell in love with the green eyes the first time I looked at them.
Yeah, the OP suggests something bad will happen
Spoiler for Spoiler:
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 09:54   Link #24
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I got that feeling too from hearing the OP song. The affection she have for her mother. It just gona brake my heart if something bad really happen.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 21:08   Link #25
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

Heh, finally watched and blogged about ep 2. It was surprisingly nice! A bit slow, but gonna watch it for a while.
jennkei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 09:43   Link #26
E_I
Yuri fan

Yeah, a sub! Thank yous!
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 10:18   Link #27
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Finally subs are out cant wait to watch it downloading , a big thank you to Kyou.No.Subs.
Old 2009-01-24, 10:37   Link #28
bbee

I'm sorry to say that my fears have come true, this show seems to be a lot more child oriented than Seirei I will reserve final judgement until I've seen a better sub of ep 1, but from the music and story this seems fairly kiddo.
It's nowhere near as amazing as ep 1 of Seirei, but I will keep watching it in case it gets a little more mature (there is potential, atleast), and the art looks great in HD.
Old 2009-01-24, 18:49   Link #29
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbee View Post
I'm sorry to say that my fears have come true, this show seems to be a lot more child oriented than Seirei I will reserve final judgement until I've seen a better sub of ep 1, but from the music and story this seems fairly kiddo.
It's nowhere near as amazing as ep 1 of Seirei, but I will keep watching it in case it gets a little more mature (there is potential, atleast), and the art looks great in HD.
That was pretty mature for a kids title. They even changed the animation style and cut back to the bird family in violent scenes so as not to scare the younger audience. The older kids and adults could guess what was happening which kept the tension up in the older populaton.

Definitely a power imbalance with one side winning because of the Toudas leading to a manufactured peace.

Nice first episode. Can't wait for subs of ep. 2. Thanks for the subs.
Old 2009-01-24, 21:03   Link #30
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

Don't worry, you'll get a dose of political science in episode three :P

Episode 3 Screenshots.
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 12:47   Link #31
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

Haha, Celestial Kitsune, that was the part that nearly put me to sleep! Thank goodness for the rest of episode 3, though.
Old 2009-01-26, 00:34   Link #32
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

its an interesting show. the art direction is a bit strange.. crayon drawn backgrounds with computer drawn characters.. racism undertones will make this interesting. i'm still not sure how to judge the plot, so i'll give it a few more eps.

girl reminds me of ranka.. -2 points.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 09:16   Link #33
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
girl reminds me of ranka.. -2 points.
The girl reminds me of Yotsuba :P
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 09:48   Link #34
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

The girl reminded me of no one...Erin's Erin. =)

My favourite character so far would definitely have to be Ruru, though. XD At least, until it grows up..>.>
Old 2009-01-26, 10:24   Link #35
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbee View Post
The aesthetic style is certainly very different from usual I.G fare. But a show doesn't have to be targeted at adults to be enjoyable — take Ghibli movies like My Neighbour Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service for example.

In Erin's case, the first anime I'm reminded of, curiously enough, is Allison & Lilia. It's like watching a child's picture storybook come to life, and like Allison & Lilia, it has a Masterpiece Theatre feel to it. It's interesting to consider why the producers have chosen this style. After all, the story is about a little girl's perspective on her world, and the beasts that roam in it. To her, they seem cute and fluffy (I forsee baby Touda plush toys), but it seems that she'll soon learn how dangerous they actually are.

So, even though nothing much happened in the first episode, I'm already more charmed by Kemono no Souja Erin than Genji no Monogatari Sennenki. I prefer feeling warm and fluffy inside, rather being jealous of a princely playboy.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 10:30   Link #36
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That was pretty mature for a kids title. They even changed the animation style and cut back to the bird family in violent scenes so as not to scare the younger audience. The older kids and adults could guess what was happening which kept the tension up in the older populaton.
The bird family wasn't violent? What with the weasel and all it was just as violent as the reality it was a metaphor for. Moreso if you count the depiction of the hawk feeding its chick a dead mouse as violent. I'm not quite sure what the point of those scenes were (other than to be artsy) but it didn't feel like self-censorship or anything. If anything, it undermines the "watch out Erin, those are beasts" message by implying that humans are also beasts (by making all of the mother and child interactions seem instinctual and animal-like.) Although that could be the point, depending on where the story goes.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 06:42   Link #37
Fevvers
a regular van veen

The first episode was nice enough; I didn't expect it to be kid-oriented, not that that's a bad thing. I like the color palettes and character designs, reminds of, as TinyRedLeaf mentioned, classic children's coloring book. The only thing hampering me from fully enjoying this so far is the heavy-handed narration and the transition of scenes. I think the narration's distracting and terribly unnecessary. I hope they tone it down next episode.

Also really, really love the ED, very cute and whimsical with its Kaiba-ish aesthetics.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 09:59   Link #38
Snooker
Call me neet.

I watched it, and, ...it's not bad.I like Studio Ghibi Art Style(Studio Ghibi animes are all incredible especially Tottoro and Spirited away.).Finally,I decided to follow this show.
Snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 19:36   Link #39
Jehuty

I had my reservations about this show at first.

But now, for some reason, it feels as though it's going to be as much of an epic story as 十二国記 (Juuni Kokki) was. Except, instead of looking at this through the eyes of a would-be empress, we're going to look at the growth of the (possible) legendary touda vet.

I look foward to it. It will definitely be a breath of fresh air
Old 2009-01-30, 23:18   Link #40
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Just caught ep 1. It's certainly not an urgent anime. They probably know they have four cour to play with, so the slow pacing to begin with isn't really a surprise, or out of place. I wouldn't say I was awe-struck by anything in this first ep, but it did keep my attention all the way through and there's a lot of little things here and there which could become interesting down the road, such as the Mist People and Soyon's back story (they referred to Erin as the chief's granddaughter, so obviously there's a story there). And I really dig the art style, even if I can't shake the suspicion that they're using it as a way to be a lot less explicit with the onscreen violence.

My thoughts at this stage are that if we can just bear with the pacing a bit in the early episodes, this could possibly be a very good fantasy story. The right ingredients are there for an interesting story.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, production i.g.