AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-08, 16:56   Link #1481
Hage-bai
Banned

This manga is going nowhere. Can it already Shueisha.
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 17:03   Link #1482
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
They are replacing the recent canned ones with some pretty odd stuff.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 17:09   Link #1483
Lummie

Psyren in the bottom 5? That's pretty odd, although i've never read it, it's quite popular. Medaka will cut down for sure if it keeps things up this way.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 17:11   Link #1484
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Not any time soon, this is the third cut so there shouldn't be any more until January, supposedly.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 17:40   Link #1485
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Not any time soon, this is the third cut so there shouldn't be any more until January, supposedly.
what does it really mean by "cut", does it mean that the comic/manga gets push back to later magazine issues?

sucks that Hitoyoshi doesnt get much of time ever since the Enforcer's story, it sounds & looks down going down the slope
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 17:50   Link #1486
Mizuno
Undefined

Well, cut means it'll stop being serialized in that specific magazine. It may still possibly continue but the author probably will have to find a new publisher. Usually the ones cut don't come back to life and just considered dropped.
Old 2009-11-08, 17:51   Link #1487
Lummie

^_^ Shadow-skill has posted the translation of chapter 26 on mangahelpers.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 18:16   Link #1488
Homura7

Spoiler for Ch 26:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 19:35   Link #1489
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Psyren in the bottom 5? That's pretty odd, although i've never read it, it's quite popular. Medaka will cut down for sure if it keeps things up this way.
Popular where in online?

The series sells poorly in Japan it only does "decent" in the rankings but it's never been popular in Japan heck most of the recent Shonen Jump series Beelzebub and Kuroko Vol1 /Vol 2 releases have outsold Psyren recent volumes. Sket Dance also does better eventhough it started at the same time as Psyren did, it sells 100k now while Psyren sells below 45k.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 20:08   Link #1490
Johnny
Working the bags...

Lately Psyren's chapters have been filled with no-name characters that seems nobody cares about. They can't hold a candle to the earlier chapters. Not sure what happened, but you figured they'd get a clue by now...

As to the whole Zen training thing, I won't put too much excitement in it just yet. The way things have went anything can change in a heartbeat when dealing with MB...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 20:26   Link #1491
Mizuno
Undefined

I dropped Psyren around ch 30 or 40. Overhyped with uninteresting characters imo.
Old 2009-11-08, 20:29   Link #1492
Arturro

I should know better, but I still have hopes for MB, so I've read translation for chapter 26... In short - it's retarded. Longer explanation - it's really retarded. If you have stopped reading this manga because of how ridiculous and silly it was, don't try to read this chapter. Or you'll suffer.

Spoiler for why this chapter is retarded:

I'm wondering why still I;ve any hopes for this manga? And why im still lurking in this thread and, from time to time, I'm even checking raws, translations of scanlations? Most probably because Zero In, Superior and Change 123 doesn't have a dedicated scanlation group...

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 21:28   Link #1493
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
I should know better, but I still have hopes for MB, so I've read translation for chapter 26... In short - it's retarded. Longer explanation - it's really retarded. If you have stopped reading this manga because of how ridiculous and silly it was, don't try to read this chapter. Or you'll suffer.

I'm wondering why still I;ve any hopes for this manga? And why im still lurking in this thread and, from time to time, I'm even checking raws, translations of scanlations? Most probably because Zero In, Superior and Change 123 doesn't have a dedicated scanlation group...
Really? From the translation I read, I interpret the story a little different.

Spoiler for spoilers:

I honestly don't think Nisio Isin will randomly just go about with this story. His novel Katanagatari has a really good story, and Zaregoto and the Zerozaki series are simply amazing (especially Zaregoto's world is completely crazy). Granted, one's an epic tale and the other two are mystery/psychological stories so they aren't the same as Medaka Box; however, it is his style to be over the top. I understand people might think it is ridiculous, but it is certainly not poor writing just because it followed a generic formula.

Then again, my expectation for a shounen series is generally very, very low, so I can understand some of the disappointments. I find it still fun read however for the random comedy moments (and not like the battles are that completely horribad).

PS: I also don't think the fact it switched from comedy to a battle manga (and now switching back) is catering to popularity demand because he does this with a lot of his novel writings.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 22:51   Link #1494
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post

Spoiler for Medaka Box 26:
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 02:54   Link #1495
Westlo
Lets be reality

Psyren's actually been doing fairly well on the charts lately, yeah it dips into the bottom 5 every now and than.. but so does Gintama, Bakuman and Reborn.. With that said Psyren is definitely the most shaky of the established series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hage-bai View Post
This manga is going nowhere. Can it already Shueisha.
Unless it's on the bottom every time like Kagijin was I would somewhat ignore TOC ratings, since Wajima has ranked much better than the previous 2 cuts, as well as Medaka and Kuroko. Also people forget (or didn't know) that Sket Dance was in the bottom 5 for a long time, now it's getting a V-comic as well as a drama cd.

If Medaka's second volume sells 30k+ (assuming they print more than 20k copies for the first print, they underestimated demand last time) than I think it's safe for a while no matter it's position in the TOC, Shinigami and Lilienthal will be the two manga titles in the hotseat as well as the 3 new manga titles. Medaka's already outlasted the 3 manga titles that came out after it in Akaboshi, Kagijin and Wajima. Who's to say it can't outlast Shinigami, Rilienthal, Neko Wappa, Kanata and whatever replaces Wajima aren't next.

If Medaka was around when Bakuman, Toriko, Mago and Psyren (this lineup is so much better than this years ) came out than it would've been cut for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Popular where in online?

The series sells poorly in Japan it only does "decent" in the rankings but it's never been popular in Japan heck most of the recent Shonen Jump series Beelzebub and Kuroko Vol1 /Vol 2 releases have outsold Psyren recent volumes. Sket Dance also does better eventhough it started at the same time as Psyren did, it sells 100k now while Psyren sells below 45k.
Eh...

16. PSYREN volume 7 (59,693)(Weekly Shonen Jump)

11. Kuroko no Basket volume 3 (43,420)(Weekly Shonen Jump)

Kuroko Vol 1 like PSYREN Vol 1 and Medaka Vol 1 didn't make the top 30, those 3 are the exceptions to non gag manga not making the top 30 and getting cut. Though with Medaka we found out they only printed.. I think it was 20k copies.. making it impossible to make the top 30 since #30 was 31k. They announced a reprint of Medaka Vol 1 asap though.. I'm thinking with Vol 2 they will give it a chance to see how popular it really is.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 03:08   Link #1496
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

Eh...

16. PSYREN volume 7 (59,693)(Weekly Shonen Jump)

11. Kuroko no Basket volume 3 (43,420)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
Yeah confused it with Kuroko with some other series which I remember selling better than Psyren, either way Psyren just ain't popular at all.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 04:55   Link #1497
Dark Mage

Psyren is popular enough but it has its fans. It has always been a cult-hit
Old 2009-11-09, 08:09   Link #1498
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Really? From the translation I read, I interpret the story a little different.
Same here with chinese translators, and he considers it fair payment for he gets to witness the worst of people. Arturro needs to change to better translations next time.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 08:37   Link #1499
Homura7

Arturro, it'll be better if next time you wait til the scanlation is out
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 08:48   Link #1500
Westlo
Lets be reality

oh come on, this thread wouldn't be the same without people jumping to conclusions!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council