AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-01-23, 23:17   Link #161
Undertaker

Base on what happened in the JUMP Festa when they had Mayumi Tanaka playing the demo, I would say yes. The Elephant Gun that was shown seems to have the Musou attack feel to it for me with the freeze frame and zoom in before the attack.
Old 2012-01-23, 23:29   Link #162
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Base on what happened in the JUMP Festa when they had Mayumi Tanaka playing the demo, I would say yes. The Elephant Gun that was shown seems to have the Musou attack feel to it for me with the freeze frame and zoom in before the attack.
Ah good good, very good.

Well wouldn't have really mattered anyway as I would get it regardless(it is Musou + One Piece!) but good to know
Old 2012-01-23, 23:40   Link #163
Undertaker

The question here should be that considering that the game will also including part of post time skip (evident by moves like Elephant Gun and promotional art), will there be 2 move sets or SH?

The other thing I wonder, and most likely a wishful thinking, considering that FI arc just ended, will it makes it into the game? (assuming Oda leaked plot info to the developers)
Old 2012-01-24, 00:07   Link #164
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
The question here should be that considering that the game will also including part of post time skip (evident by moves like Elephant Gun and promotional art), will there be 2 move sets or SH?

The other thing I wonder, and most likely a wishful thinking, considering that FI arc just ended, will it makes it into the game? (assuming Oda leaked plot info to the developers)

Well, if they really ARE including everything from Pre Time-Skip... I'd say the game's story would end as they're leaving Sabaody Post Time-Skip...

Looking at how FotNS had a storyline for everyone, 3 different modes, ENG and JP voice options, and multiple moves... I'd think they could fit everything Pre Timeskip if Story Mode is all one playthrough seeing as you can switch between Strawhats~
Old 2012-01-24, 04:41   Link #165
Undertaker

Which is what I thought in the beginning when I heard of story/adventure mode. I immediately thought that DW7's presentation would work perfect here and now it seems that they are adding Orochi/Multi-raid's character switch system.

Though consider how seamless it is in the trailer my guess would be there is a limit of 2 or 3 characters just as Orochi/Multi-raid system.

Disc space is not problem, consider it's a PS3 exclusive, as long as they don't plan on a 360 port, BD have enough space for data.
Old 2012-01-24, 17:14   Link #166
manologod2
*Cackle*

My best buy of the year:

Gold PS3 pre-ordered and paid. Now the worst is wait it to come out xD.
manologod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 15:53   Link #167
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
We'd be seriously lucky if it does. I just think if it did we'd have heard something by now.
Old 2012-01-25, 16:10   Link #168
marvelB

As cool as a level based on the mermaid island arc would be, I kind of doubt that we'll be seeing it make the transition to this game. At least, not until the anime version of the arc is finished, anyway. It's pretty much guaranteed to appear in the sequels, though.

Well, even if a level based off the storyline itself isn't possible now, I think I can see some of the villain characters (specifically Hody or Decken) appearing as secret bosses or something....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 08:58   Link #169
DeathStrike
SLASH!

manologod2 youare one seriously lucky person! i wish i could buy that too. it deserves to come to the usa!
Old 2012-01-26, 08:59   Link #170
DeathStrike
SLASH!

also new alot of new scans are out!

Old 2012-01-26, 10:27   Link #171
marvelB

Sweeeeeet. Looks like you fight not only Wapol at the Drum level, but even those big rabbit. And while Crocodile is an awesome natural addition as well, I wonder if all the other top BW officers will make it to the game as well (at least, aside from Robin, anyway)? I suppose the same could be asked of CP9, as well (half of them are shown already, but what of the other 4 (yes, I'm even including Spandam ))? I also hope we see the Thriller Bark level soon (the fact that Brooke's in the game means that this particular level is a given).....
Old 2012-01-26, 11:06   Link #172
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Only one more month until the game is released. We'll probably be seeing some Skypiea and Thriller Bark characters next at least.
Old 2012-01-26, 12:07   Link #173
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Hmmm.... looks like the game will run off a Bounty related EXP system, much like most of the other games. Also good to note that anything NOT a key scene will run like a manga page~
Old 2012-01-26, 15:17   Link #174
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Only one more month until the game is released. We'll probably be seeing some Skypiea and Thriller Bark characters next at least.
I sure hope so, especially Skypiea.

Has anyone preordered their self a copy yet? I'm thinking of doing so on Cdjapan.
Old 2012-01-26, 15:29   Link #175
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I sure hope so, especially Skypiea.

Has anyone preordered their self a copy yet? I'm thinking of doing so on Cdjapan.

Still HEAVILY torn between pre-ordering the JP Treasure Box edition, or waiting for the EU version~
Old 2012-01-27, 17:47   Link #176
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Sweeeeeet. Looks like you fight not only Wapol at the Drum level, but even those big rabbit. And while Crocodile is an awesome natural addition as well, I wonder if all the other top BW officers will make it to the game as well (at least, aside from Robin, anyway)? I suppose the same could be asked of CP9, as well (half of them are shown already, but what of the other 4 (yes, I'm even including Spandam ))? I also hope we see the Thriller Bark level soon (the fact that Brooke's in the game means that this particular level is a given).....
I'm just wondering if they are all playable characters...

EDIT:

Did my weekly round to the official site. There are tons of updates.

First, starting 01/28 to 03/03 it seems that they are holding national wide (will mostly in Tokyo, Osaka, and Kanagawa Prefecture) demo events. Participant can try out the game for 5-10 minutes per session so there might be moe videos or info leaks in coming weeks.

So far there are 2 modes, Main Log and Another Log.

The Main Log is the story mode, in addition to CG movies for important scenes, there will be CG graphic during mid-battle for story advancing as well as comic strip style of conversation. There will be two type stages in Main Log, Adventure stages are short platform stages and then there are Musou Stages where you need to clear out the enemies.

Another Log right now seem to be exhibition mode, where you can reply Musou stages here.

New screen shots including Chopper Wapol and Nami, in the mode section you can also see a badass scene between Zoro/Kaku and Sanji/Jabura

New Higher-res screen shots from official site:

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-01-28 at 08:58.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 09:37   Link #177
DeathStrike
SLASH!

Ace, Brook, Whitebeard, Hancock Confirmed Playable in One Piece PS3
DeathStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 14:21   Link #178
Rainbowman

I knew we'd have Brook included. I forget, was Jinbe confirmed playable yet?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 15:31   Link #179
marvelB

^No, not yet. But I believe there's a pretty good chance that he'll make it.

BTW, now that Whitebeard's been confirmed (which was only natural), I'm with the people who said that he'll basically be this game's Lu Bu.
Old 2012-02-04, 17:29   Link #180
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Well, I'd assume that Ace, Whitebeard, and Hancock would be confirmed. What with the character swtich revealed, it wouldn't really work during Impel Down and Marinford without the Strawhats would it~?

Tags
ps3, video games