AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-26, 16:24   Link #23681
Acer
Death to the infidels!

The question that remains is whether Touma will grab the gun and shoot the Thor or not, it's great to see Touma in a situation like this.
Old 2013-01-26, 16:30   Link #23682
LazyHunter

This is getting really interesting. The range of Thor's attacks plus the fact Touma can't completely negate his attacks makes him a really dangerous opponent for Touma. Can't really see a way out of this except using the handgun like Thor said (something I believe Touma would never do) or stalling for time until Thor lose consciousness by bloodloss, though that would be too dangerous for Thor, ergo Touma wouldn't try it.
Old 2013-01-26, 16:34   Link #23683
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Yeah I don't know how he's gonna pull through this one.....
Spoiler for Spoilers:

Speaking of that

Quote:
“We can no longer use Fraulein Kreutune. That final piece of the spear is no longer there to draw Othinus’s focus. You have no idea what that Magic God will do without an objective. And if she makes her move, it will all be over. Hawaii and Baggage City were horrible, but that was still controlled destruction. But what about next time? Will she start indiscriminate attacks wherever she can reach? Or will she use the F.C.E. data to target some of your friends?”

“…Thor.”

“I am the final key. Do you not like that fact?” said Thor with a thin, thin smile. He prepared a new reason to fight. “I am the final key to find Gremlin’s headquarters. I am the final key to solve this without any more sacrifices. …So what will you do? Is it your idea of justice to let me escape due to your personal circumstances and morals?”

“Thooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooorrrrrrr!!”

“You have only one chance,” said Thor clearly and slowly as if speaking to a foreign tourist who had only just learned the language. “Will you begin to take the offensive here or will you remain on the defensive and constantly have to catch up? It is no exaggeration to call this a turning point for the fate of the world. And if that is not enough of a reason for you, you will end up on the side of those being killed as the world begins to sink.”

It was moving.

A definitive “flow” was moving.

“Let’s go, Kamijou Touma. Show me the determination that once saved 6 billion people!”
This got intense FAST
Old 2013-01-26, 16:38   Link #23684
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
This is getting really interesting. The range of Thor's attacks plus the fact Touma can't completely negate his attacks makes him a really dangerous opponent for Touma. Can't really see a way out of this except using the handgun like Thor said (something I believe Touma would never do) or stalling for time until Thor lose consciousness by bloodloss, though that would be too dangerous for Thor, ergo Touma wouldn't try it.
On the volume 13.5, Touma thought of picking up a weapon to use against the Skill-Out, but the mother of Mikoto did shit, and he could not get the gun, so now I'm anxious to know what will happen.
Old 2013-01-26, 16:45   Link #23685
tsunade666

This two bro's fight is just awesome. PURE AWESOME!!! thor is pushing Touma to move on but how will Touma respond!?

Ah... pure bliss to wake up to see an update. Of all the novel fans. Tamni fans of the novel are sure lucky and can't complain or have no right to complain about updates. The cult leader will surely translate any work of Kamachi. (heck even interview or any news about tamniverse was being translated ) and I'm truly grateful for this blessing.
Old 2013-01-26, 17:15   Link #23686
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

The summary of NT5 about him being a rival is being more and more apparent
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2013-01-26, 17:17   Link #23687
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Ah... pure bliss to wake up to see an update. Of all the novel fans. Tamni fans of the novel are sure lucky and can't complain or have no right to complain about updates. The cult leader will surely translate any work of Kamachi. (heck even interview or any news about tamniverse was being translated ) and I'm truly grateful for this blessing.
And then it turns out JS06 is Kamachi himself, translating to practice his English. He might have noticed that names like Gorgeouspalace are rather unusual.

Touma against Thor fight is amazing, but I wonder how much power Mjolnir can supply to Thor? So far it looks like the only limit is his body, but what if he was born with the constitution of a saint? It gives off the feeling of a shounen manga, each volume introducing new power levels, but superior tactics can counter superior magic,
Old 2013-01-26, 17:35   Link #23688
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post

Touma against Thor fight is amazing, but I wonder how much power Mjolnir can supply to Thor? So far it looks like the only limit is his body, but what if he was born with the constitution of a saint? It gives off the feeling of a shounen manga, each volume introducing new power levels, but superior tactics can counter superior magic,
but unlike your mains stream typical shounen series. We don't get crazy power ups in the middle of the battle or just plain power ups to make the battle in the same level and its not like the power of love and will or anything to justify how the mc wins!!!

TOUMA IS SCARED CRAZY SHIT against a gun!! well lightning is faster than your bullet but bullet is made of steel and not superpower. It won't be dispelled it will hit!

Thor wth Mjolnir power ups has those aurora thing and change in hair color right? from what I remember on that part where he connects with Mjolnir. From what Marian said about Mjolnir "her greatest creation" as of yet. Mjollnir has the power output to toast Jormungandr, the world serpent. Its size or length can wrap the planet -_- so if Mjolnir has enough power output to toast that huge snake well you can get the idea of how HUGE the power can Mjolnir supply to Thor and how crazy Thor can go.

The world is cheap in tamnji verse
Old 2013-01-26, 17:37   Link #23689
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

We all know what Thor wants himself to get out of this fight, but I wonder- what does Thor want Kamijou to get out of this fight?
Old 2013-01-26, 17:45   Link #23690
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
We all know what Thor wants himself to get out of this fight, but I wonder- what does Thor want Kamijou to get out of this fight?
Bromance, obviously.
Old 2013-01-26, 17:48   Link #23691
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Read parts 1 and 2.

Man. Just how badly does Thor want Touma to penetrate him?
Old 2013-01-26, 17:52   Link #23692
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
Read parts 1 and 2.

So much his equipment is now two Km. long

Not even Lessar can compete with that level of desire, and that's saying something.
Old 2013-01-26, 17:55   Link #23693
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Bromance, obviously.
I was hoping it's something that is more practical for Kamijou's growth in character ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
Read parts 1 and 2.

"HURT ME MOAR...!"
Old 2013-01-26, 17:55   Link #23694
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
So much his equipment is now two Km. long
And not only that, his arc fusion blades also increased in length.
Old 2013-01-26, 17:59   Link #23695
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I was hoping it's something that is more practical for Kamijou's growth in character ?
Well, it seems he might want Touma to decide for the most proactive path, though that seems a bit conflicting since he got an interest for him because he's an ally of justice who can get stuff done without going trigger happy or blowing stuff up.
Old 2013-01-26, 18:51   Link #23696
leukrota

Damn, at least against Fiamma he was in close quarters, here the distance is a huge problem.

Touma has another drastic option. Letting one of the arcs slice his right arm and let the beast go, I bet it can reach Thor.

It might be his only option. Even assuming Thor is not 2km away but 100m, hitting a target at that distance with a handgun is still very difficult (it's practically impossible at 2km)

Anyway, I don't think Thor wants Touma to change/realize anything, he just wants to egg him into fighting for real. He's seriously high on his battle lust.
Old 2013-01-26, 20:37   Link #23697
Acer
Death to the infidels!

chapter complete
Old 2013-01-26, 20:47   Link #23698
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well, that just happened. Quite a shounen ending.

So, Thor is the protagonist now?
Old 2013-01-26, 20:53   Link #23699
OverNOut
The Obsever

Now that was a good fight.
Too bad Touma's knowledge of Norse mythology wasn't good. If he did know a lot more, then he might of realize that Thor might be hiding a few tricks up his selves.

EDIT:Does anyone know how long the Ichihanaransai will last?

Last edited by OverNOut; 2013-01-26 at 21:09.
Old 2013-01-26, 21:00   Link #23700
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Not much he could've done at that point anyway. Guess there's a limit to just how much you can do with IB, and at least he didn't get hit with a limo sized sword this time.

Still, pretty damn good fight, definetly a worthy climax for this action packed volume, now we only have to see how things will wrap up.

P.S: Can't wait to see the tables turn when the church unleashes Ragnarok
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen