AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-15, 15:50   Link #501
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Mega Mewtwo X can roundhouse kick? *prepares slingshot filled with money* Oh wait, I already paid for the game^^.
Old 2013-09-15, 16:05   Link #502
Jun pls

I dunno which version to get, I guess it depends which one will have the cuter Pokemon.
I also wonder if the clothes/hats/hair styles etc differs from version to version. Would be kinda fun, but also kinda stupid? I dunno
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 16:10   Link #503
GDB

Yeah, I'm starting to get rather irritated that they aren't really revealing much as far as version exclusives go.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 16:46   Link #504
Destined_Fate

I already know that I'm getting Pokemon Y for sure. So I don't have the choice issue as what I've seen so far makes me believe I'll like Y more so than X due to the Legendaries and the Exclusives shown thus far.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 16:53   Link #505
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Guess so far based on popularity, the PMS Latias bringer of death and destruction seems to be more popular than the chillaxed fairy deer^^;;.
Old 2013-09-15, 16:59   Link #506
GDB

Well, it makes sense. Plus XY = male and XX = female, so obviously insecure people will also choose Y (not saying anyone here is, just saying I've heard someone say that at Gamestop that they wouldn't buy X because it's the girl version).

I'm not bothering to pre-order, so I'll have time to find out what the exclusives are either way. Amazon's been having this bad habit lately of not even shipping out pre-orders until the Friday or Saturday after they release, and with this releasing on a Saturday as it is I wouldn't expect to get it from them until at least the 21st or so. As such, I figure I'll just swing by Target and pick it up at some point early on (to get the Torchic). I'm moving that Saturday it comes out anyway, so it's not like I'd have time to play it even if I did pick it up that morning.
Old 2013-09-15, 17:51   Link #507
ImperialFlameGod8190

the reason most people will choose Y is because the legendary for Y is much cooler. Im still waiting on data like gym leaders and elite four mainly the final EVO's also should be revealed soon
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 18:22   Link #508
Destined_Fate

The Y Legendary is cooler, no doubt.

It also can participate in Sky Battles, the Deer cannot.
Old 2013-09-15, 18:38   Link #509
Jun pls

If it's about the Legendary only then I'd rather choose X (though I think both Legendaries look pretty nice) but it all depends on the better exclusive Pokémon.
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 18:56   Link #510
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
There's sky battles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun pls View Post
If it's about the Legendary only then I'd rather choose X (though I think both Legendaries look pretty nice) but it all depends on the better exclusive Pokémon.
Agreed. I don't use legendaries on principle, so I only care about the other exclusives.
Old 2013-09-15, 19:38   Link #511
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
the reason most people will choose Y is because the legendary for Y is much cooler. Im still waiting on data like gym leaders and elite four mainly the final EVO's also should be revealed soon
That's one of the reasons I'm gettting Y.
Old 2013-09-16, 06:56   Link #512
Nerdydomo

Finally a T-Rex pokemon

It better evole too

Spoiler for Tyrunt:
Nerdydomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 07:58   Link #513
GDB

I think Aerodactyl is the only fossil that doesn't evolve, but he's also not part of a "pair". As such, I expect both of the new fossils to evolve.
Old 2013-09-16, 08:05   Link #514
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
The Y Legendary is cooler, no doubt.

Too bad its dual typing was made back in Gen 2 with Murkrow, and made swag in Gen 4 with Honchkrow.
Old 2013-09-16, 11:30   Link #515
Destined_Fate

This is true indeed. Still, it's a very good typing and it's ability to fight in Sky Battles makes it more useful than the Deer that cannot.

Also, does anyone else think each of the Legends in this may get a Mega Form? I mean Mewtwo has 2 of them so Legendaries aren't blocked from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
There's sky battles?

Agreed. I don't use legendaries on principle, so I only care about the other exclusives.
Yes there's Sky Battles. It's one of the new battle types where only Pokemon that ca n Fly in some way may participate in.

Though it's unsure if the fanbase will latch on to it and if it'll stay a popular enough thing for the Tournament scene.
Old 2013-09-16, 11:41   Link #516
GDB

Unless Nintendo forces it like they did 2v2, I doubt the fanbase will latch to it. They sure didn't latch onto 3v3 or rotating battles.
Old 2013-09-16, 12:07   Link #517
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Unless Nintendo forces it like they did 2v2, I doubt the fanbase will latch to it. They sure didn't latch onto 3v3 or rotating battles.
i doubt i will be forced unless you have a flying type on you're team, or a pokemon with levitate
Old 2013-09-16, 12:11   Link #518
Awrya
U mad?

While the sky battle was a nice idea, it didn't look much different from a normal pokemon fight, unless it drastically changes how skills work in mid-air.
Old 2013-09-16, 12:24   Link #519
Destined_Fate

Well it will have its own meta because everything will be flying. >_>
Old 2013-09-16, 15:28   Link #520
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
This is true indeed. Still, it's a very good typing and it's ability to fight in Sky Battles makes it more useful than the Deer that cannot.

Also, does anyone else think each of the Legends in this may get a Mega Form? I mean Mewtwo has 2 of them so Legendaries aren't blocked from it.

Yes there's Sky Battles. It's one of the new battle types where only Pokemon that ca n Fly in some way may participate in.

Though it's unsure if the fanbase will latch on to it and if it'll stay a popular enough thing for the Tournament scene.
Imagine Xerneas in a sky battle. Sure it can't fly, but the fact that it's so chill, it'll force the opponent into grounded frustration submission^^;;.

Tags
pokemon x & y, rpg