AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Your favorite character tied with discussion
Tohsaka Rin 104 24.41%
Matou Sakura 20 4.69%
Emiya Shirou 18 4.23%
Ilyasviel "Ilya" von Einzbern 37 8.69%
Saber 153 35.92%
Rider 23 5.40%
Lancer 4 0.94%
Archer 53 12.44%
Caster 11 2.58%
Berserker 3 0.70%
Voters: 426. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-06-11, 19:08   Link #221
iamthebest22

You know mlai, I would be so happy to think of some ideas for you. The script that is,
and btw, what does anti cheese mean? Anti-romantic? or just you hate Cheesy stuff? I don't like Cheesy stuff either, but is thee at least some humour involved? Nice drawing btw. Sigh I gave up so much skills when i decided to go for music. Now I can't even draw manga now T_T used to be such a good drawer, sigh.... Ah well, all that will change when I get into university next year!!! Mwuhahahahaha, expect a Japanese translator AND Manga drawer in t6 months! (hey, I need time to get my skills back okay?????!!!!) Yeah if you could just send the script to me, I could discuss it with iamandragon or some of my friends at school, since some of us do a lot of media work which involves LOTS of scripting. Keep up the good work though! (I assume that's Saber in the drawing? doesn't seem like it because her famous hair sticking out isn't really there. Just a guess. The wind might be affecting it) AH! I'm talking too much. yeah if you can just send me a script and I keep help or possible new ideas.
iamthebest22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 19:41   Link #222
mlai

The script is essentially finished. I just fine-tune it now and then when I get a new idea. For example, I mentioned I added to a sparse scene in the middle of the night which led to my Saber/Shirou dream.

But I don't mind ppl reading my script. I had sent it to my RL friends to read just so I could get some feedback. So far my co-artist is my only real feedback, but he can't keep pace with my feverish imagination. If you or some others here want to read it I wouldn't mind. I'd email it rather than post it publicly, though. It's very long anyways (for a script). 35+ pages.

"Anti-cheese" means that I'm not drawing this manga so I can create scenes of Saber and Shirou fawning at each other so I can feel better. I'm not drawing for the sake of a "good ending" like what Demongod wants. I'm sure there's an appropriate intern3t term for it but I couldn't think of it.

There is romance and humor. And mystery, fighting, and the rest.

Quote:
I assume that's Saber in the drawing? doesn't seem like it because her famous hair sticking out isn't really there. Just a guess. The wind might be affecting it
Yeah the wind is very strong there. Also the picture is cropped. I also had to draw Saber more "realistic" because she had to mesh with the other characters in the story. I had a HELL of a time doing that and also making sure she still looks like herself, believe u me. (It's still hard, but my FSN TV animation fanbook helps a lot.)

For the picture in question, I was doubting myself a lot. "Does this even look like her? I don't know, she doesn't show this emotion/expression EVER in the anime! Plus I'm straying from the Type-Moon style... Argh I don't know!"

But then I was re-watching FSN, and in one of the flashback-to-Camelot scenes, the one where Saber was sitting on her throne... When half her knights rebelled and walked out of her court, I noticed she had the same expression! And I didn't copy from it or even think of it when I was drawing! I felt so vindicated.

Oops I'm babbling too. So yeah, anyone who wants to read my script and give me feedback, just PM to me your email address.

Edit: BTW, if you don't like Saber, then you may not be interested in my story since she is 1 of 2 main characters.

Last edited by mlai; 2007-06-11 at 19:52.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 19:56   Link #223
iamthebest22

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE SABER! Or as the Hawaians would say, I ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHA Saber!

EDIT: My email is tonysuns@gmail.com

Last edited by iamthebest22; 2007-06-11 at 20:32.
Old 2007-06-12, 12:17   Link #224
Kanzaki Urumi

saber's my pick =P
Kanzaki Urumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 20:29   Link #225
iamthebest22

Hmm, oh well, can't wait to read that script! Btw mlai if you don't want my friends to read it, that's fine.
Old 2007-06-17, 12:04   Link #226
X_Danny_X

yo mlai, dude create something with Saber and Shirou being together again.

since you had a dream, it is similiar to the Realta Nua game since it was a dream and maybe you can take off from there and continue the story.
Old 2007-06-17, 19:51   Link #227
mlai

http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/index...ead=1181091213

This is the best Shirou + Saber fanfiction that I know of. As long as you kind of ignore the Transformers parts of it, the Shirou + Saber parts are beautiful.

If you like giant robots, you don't even have to ignore the Transformers parts. Then the entire thing is beautiful. Nerroth somehow integrated two widely disparate universes into one story.
Old 2007-06-18, 06:02   Link #228
X_Danny_X

will start reading, though i thought i would see some pics there. you creating pictures correct cause you are an artist?
Old 2007-06-18, 06:44   Link #229
mlai

I'm not illustrating for the Fate/Transform crossover fanfic. It's not my fanfiction.

When I am ready to upload my fan manga, it will be on www.drunkduck.com, and I will link it via a banner.

I don't draw poster fanart. The manga pages take all my time.
Old 2007-06-18, 18:16   Link #230
iamthebest22

There's also my version of Saber+SHirou being together, without all the cybertron transformer parts, but I'm juat having troubles trying not to have the same plot as mlai or Nerroth or else that'd be copying. It's currently down for editing, but I'll have it back up soon when I get my Macbook pro tomorrow.
Old 2007-06-21, 12:14   Link #231
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
Rin gets my vote. I like how she handles situations maturely. I would like her to be the real partner of Shirou to be honest. Archer can get the second vote.
Pendevous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 22:45   Link #232
danaman

God I wish there was a sequel!
danaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 11:59   Link #233
Naruto_spartan
epic hero

Location: In a place in the mountins of Europe, a place where legends still spring in the world of modern man.
You know, I found out from the manga that a servant's power is estimated by the number of people who know about the servant and their deeds. IF that is the case then Emiya Shirou aka Archer becomes a very well know hero in the future, seeing as he can go head to head with Harcules and King Arthur and hold his own quite well against them. Actually I can of think that he might be as powerful as Saber.
Naruto_spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 11:10   Link #234
sjk12

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaman View Post
God I wish there was a sequel!
Well, there is a "fan disc" sequel, called Fate/Hollow Ataraxia if you didn't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto_spartan View Post
You know, I found out from the manga that a servant's power is estimated by the number of people who know about the servant and their deeds. IF that is the case then Emiya Shirou aka Archer becomes a very well know hero in the future, seeing as he can go head to head with Harcules and King Arthur and hold his own quite well against them. Actually I can of think that he might be as powerful as Saber.
So you're saying a high school student is more well know than the king of Great Britain... doubtful...

And Saber > Archer.
sjk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 13:53   Link #235
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto_spartan View Post
It is not how many people it is how many people in a area overall. And Fame is still just a part of the calculation of a Servants power. Gilgamesh isn't the most know of hero outside of the babylon area but he still stronger then most other heros because he has access to such a wide array of Weapons.

Archer was famous not for being a hero but being the fall guy for war by someone he rescue.
Old 2007-08-04, 15:24   Link #236
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

I must say, it was bloody difficult to choose my favourites. I chose Rin overall, though, because she's obviously the brains of the whole deal. Calm, cool, collected, snarky enough to know how to throw her enemies off their game and mature enough to know when she's outmatched.

Spoilers (just so you know):
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-23, 08:40   Link #237
She-Chan
Anime no Tono
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to She-Chan
Talking

It was difficult to chose but I knew anyway that my vote will go for saber but I also like Rin and Archer but I still think that Saber was the right choice.
She-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 13:14   Link #238
_FaTe_

C'mon guys VOTE FOR ARCHER

Archer pwnage!

I mean come on... Saber is ... saber
Berserker is stupid...
Gilgamesh is a ebil
Rin is weak
Assassain died
Caster get pwned
Lancer is a noob

Archer = LEET
VOTE FOR ARCHER
_FaTe_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 22:16   Link #239
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
My favorite FSN characters are Archer and Saber.

The main charaters of FSN remind me of the ones from Tsukihime.

Firstly, Arcueid and Saber are both thousand-year old gaijins (foreigners) who have each mysterious past stained with blood which neither wants to remember fondly. Plus they get attracted to much younger teenage high school guys

Secondly Tohno Shiki (Tsukihime) and Emiya Shirou (Fate/Stay Night) have completely similar backgrounds, similar tastes in women, similar personalities, etc. Shiki and Shirou are both the sole survivors of massacres when they were children. They are orphans who were adopted. They are naive and clueless. They are high school students had a traumatic past that has shaped their lives, not to mention that those guys skip school very frequently so they could wage battles against monsters alongside with their female partners. EDIT: Shiki and Shirou rarely show up in class since they had to help Arcueid and Saber fight their battles. They are attracted to older immortal foreigners who wear long sleeve shirt and long skirt. They skip class due to being with their girlfriends. (Shirou's training with Saber or Shiki's hunting vampires with Arcueid.) They have special powers which they've been aware since childhood but had absolutely no idea how much greater their powers would be until in the later episodes where they gradually realized their true potential. They started out being weak but became real kickass in the end. Shirou has Archer [more evil/kickass version] and Shiki has Nanaya [more evil/kickass version too!]
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 06:12   Link #240
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by _FaTe_ View Post
C'mon guys VOTE FOR ARCHER

Archer pwnage!

I mean come on... Saber is ... saber
Berserker is stupid...
Gilgamesh is a ebil
Rin is weak
Assassain died
Caster get pwned
Lancer is a noob

Archer = LEET
VOTE FOR ARCHER
Oh come, can you at least speak in a more understandable way?
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote