AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-15, 08:31   Link #101
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Her death wasn't mentioned.
You're right. Whatever I thought I remembered seeing, I can't find it now. My bad.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 12:33   Link #102
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I found several citations. Here's one.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 12:49   Link #103
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thanks! That's Koshikibu no Naishi, who is indeed a completely different person from Ko no Naishi. For one, Koshikibu was born four years after Fujiwara no Michitaka himself died (in 995), so she obviously can't be his wife. And if you read her poem, you'll notice it's not the one from the episode. Ko no Naishi's poem is #54 under the name Gido Sanshi no Haha.

Edit: found her on that site under yet another name lol: http://lingwiki.com/index.php?title=Takashi_no_Kishi
Old 2012-08-15, 13:03   Link #104
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Thanks! That's Koshikibu no Naishi, who is indeed a completely different person from Ko no Naishi. For one, Koshikibu was born four years after Fujiwara no Michitaka himself died (in 995), so she obviously can't be his wife. And if you read her poem, you'll notice it's not the one from the episode. Ko no Naishi's poem is #54 under the name Gido Sanshi no Haha.

Edit: found her on that site under yet another name lol: http://lingwiki.com/index.php?title=Takashi_no_Kishi
Eep. I feel sorry for all the students of classical Japanese literature trying to keep straight the various names for the same poets. Must be a memorization nightmare. Something on the order of keeping all the character names straight in Shakespeare's history plays is for classical English lit students.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 13:10   Link #105
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Much easier for French kings. Just call them Louis, and you've got a good chance of getting it right.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 20:35   Link #106
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I freakin' love this show. Favorite series this year...

Can't wait to see the rest of the poets...especially whomever the redhaired woman and her lover are that's featured in the OP.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 20:49   Link #107
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

ANnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd...the redhead is Sei Shonogun of Pillow Book fame!

Also, she's a tsundere. :lol:

Enjoyed Sei's backstory...and FUJIWARAS....FUJIWARAS EVERYWHERE
Old 2012-08-21, 01:41   Link #108
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So many unfortunate romances. This anime is starting to get depressing.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 01:48   Link #109
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So many unfortunate romances. This anime is starting to get depressing.
More of annoying.... some of the discussions are pointless making the anime into a comedy show... but to be fair... today's episode is a good sign that the romances will return again...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 06:46   Link #110
atlans89
Heretic Inquisitor

Send a message via Yahoo to atlans89
I don't find it depressing though, or maybe because of it's unfortunate that it becomes wonderful.
Old 2012-08-21, 10:14   Link #111
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I find it more bittersweet than depressing.

Nagiko was nothing like I thought she would be from the opening (she looked like quite the vixen). She was very cute and innocent.
Old 2012-08-21, 10:23   Link #112
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Hmmm.....I feel like I'm watching one of those sappy Korean dramas.

I have a very straightforward view towards love, which could be why I don't really understand why one has to complicate things. But I suppose it wasn't easy in that era. So many protocols and rules and whatnot.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2012-08-21 at 10:41.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 18:04   Link #113
Kirarakim

Koyasu Takehito reading poetry....let me just swoon for a minute.

Between this series & Polar Bear Cafe I am in seiyuu heaven.
Old 2012-08-29, 11:58   Link #114
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

It was great that this episode focus on Yoshitaka's son. He is more socially awkward compared to his father. The ending of this episode gives off a hopeful feeling, something that I haven't been able to feel in recent episodes. I am going to avoid reading the real history, if only to delude myself. Anyway, his meeting with Sanetaka is one of the main highlights in this episode. I laughed hard when the caption says that exposing one's hair is akin to exposing the underwear in that era. I never knew that. I wonder, why was it forbidden?

I am actually more interested in Michitaka's daughter. I do hope we will get an episode that focus on her.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 13:39   Link #115
Lota

I didn't know the thing about exposing your hair too, it was funny Yeah, Yoshitaka's son is reeeeally awkward... reminds me of me, though, unlike him, I'm working on it XD And, indeed, his story with Sei Shonogun really does seem more hopeful than some of the recent ones. After the episode ended I looked at the OP once again, saw them kissing, and so they will become a couple at least.

Actually, this episode reinforced my belief that this is 2 cour show. This was the 9th episode, Sei Shonogun's story will continue for at least one more episode and there are still some more couples to be seen, judging from the OP. Also, some of the couples will probably appear more than once. And then there is also the matter of our beloved Teika and his mystery lover and I find it hard to believe that that one, him being sort of kind of our main character (well, not really, but at least he appears in every episode), will be resolved in a single episode. So, all of this leaves me hopeful. Of course, they might just do a bunch of half episode long stories, but it's a little difficult for me to believe that they will wrap things up in 3 episodes (otherwise they wouldn't have made episode 6).
Lota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 14:13   Link #116
teelatsuki

it all depends on whether this series is 12 or 13 episodes long, one more for shonagon one for the two pairings before teika and ending it all with one (or two if the series is 13 episodes long) episode por Teika's.

1.Your writing sucks.
2. Your reading sucks.
3. You have low self steem.

Next time try to argue with valid arguments, not throw a tantrum.
teelatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 14:23   Link #117
Lota

^ Don't destroy my hope TToTT Wish they would just tell us how long the damn this is going to last, because now I'm at a loss...
Lota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 05:19   Link #118
Kirarakim

According to MAL it's 13, not sure if that is accurate though but they must have pulled it from something.
Old 2012-08-30, 06:11   Link #119
Kakkou
Tch.

It's 13 episodes from the BD/DVD listings, and Teika's story is definitely the last episode.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 21:35   Link #120
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Am I the only one who's still enjoying this show? I dont' find it depressing at all LOL...but then again, maybe I"m just a sap.

I quite enjoyed this episode though

Spoiler:

Tags
historical, josei, romance