AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-10-09, 00:27   Link #3401
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Thanks again for a light speed translation, Koroshiya_Kame_13!

Well, yeah, that was kind of obvious. Do you ever recall them being in bunny suits for Hayate? Perhaps there was a time, but never all together. Athena is basically misunderstanding (plus being very tsundere) and calling him a playboy, because he's always in the company of beautiful girls.

Athena needs to be true to her feelings and honestly answer that she still has feelings for him. Then she can ask about the gem, and if Hayate could lend it to her. He could keep it with him till they reach the point where she's gonna open the path (so misfortune won't assail him).

Well, all I know is that this, and the next few chapters are going to be epic! Hope Hata doesn't somehow ruin it..
The spoilers actually took me a while to translate since it was hard to understand. I was stuck on what word to choose in translating. I agree with you on that part. Hayate was wearing his buttler clothing and didn't have any wounds. She does need to tell her true feelings to him, but I don't think lending is a solution. If she could borrow it, she wouldn't say to give if its temporary, and with her intellect, I don't think she missed the option of borrowing. The next few chapter should be epic, unless Hata drags on again or switch to other characters.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 00:32   Link #3402
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

if they randomly start to focus on emo-Hina again i'll rage hard....at least 1 more chapter for Athena (which barely gets sole chapters dedicated to her these days) and i'll be satisfied
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 00:33   Link #3403
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
such an obvious logic....too bad manga never seems to understand it

BRING ON THE MISUNDERSTANDINGS!!!

LoL! DON'T YOU DARE TELEPATHICALLY INFLUENCE HIM!! C'mon everybody think "Hata, I'll murder you if you don't make it awesome!" We might make him sneeze! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
The spoilers actually took me a while to translate since it was hard to understand. I was stuck on what word to choose in translating. I agree with you on that part. Hayate was wearing his buttler clothing and didn't have any wounds. She does need to tell her true feelings to him, but I don't think lending is a solution. If she could borrow it, she wouldn't say to give if its temporary, and with her intellect, I don't think she missed the option of borrowing. The next few chapter should be epic, unless Hata drags on again or switch to other characters.

Naw, don't be so modest! You translated it very fast, and we all really appreciate it! Especially the people who are dying to know asap, like it is a matter of life or death. ^_^
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 00:35   Link #3404
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
LoL! DON'T YOU DARE TELEPATHICALLY INFLUENCE HIM!! C'mon everybody think "Hata, I'll murder you if you don't make it awesome!" We might make him sneeze! xD
well considering how much people here always seem to yell his name, he prob thinks he has a severe flu

Cant wait for RAWs ;__;
Old 2009-10-09, 00:36   Link #3405
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
If she could borrow it, she wouldn't say to give if its temporary, and with her intellect, I don't think she missed the option of borrowing.
Great point.

With cliffhangers Hata being throwing at us, I won't be surprise if he spend most of the pages on Hina and Ayumu's conversation. Or some other characters as you mentioned.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 00:36   Link #3406
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
Thanks for the translations!

This mini-arc had the makings of epic proportions, ever since tEotW was finished. It was a fantastic set-up for right now, I just hope somehow they link it back to the past 10 years ago (for example, explaining that ghost-like skeleton behind Athena).

The next chapter seems to be very interesting, but yet just finishing on the foundations for what I would consider awesome. The next chapter and the one after that should contain some delicious drama for me. Not Hayate no Gotoku's style but still very enjoyable nevertheless.
Opace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 00:43   Link #3407
Koroshiya_Kame_13

To whoever guessed that Athena already knew about Hayate's existence after 10 years since she was the Chairman you are right. So that means Athena knew about Hayate back when he took the test, and probably left the country to avoid him.
Old 2009-10-09, 00:48   Link #3408
Rah

I get this feeling that after a dozen chapters or so, they'll be in a... hmm, how to put it..

Heh, well, I'll skip any fancy words, and just go with "bad situation" so I can continue with this thought. Basically I'm thinking that both Athena & Nagi will be in danger at some point (evil 3rd party), and Hayate can't save them both since they won't be together! Machi can play a great role here by saving Athena. She will then fall for him, while Hayate realizes his feelings for Nagi.

Okay... this has a high possibility of not happening, but I still believe that they will both be in danger at some point (and not just some random joke-like danger, like a couple of mafia guys with guns).

I'd highly favor a Hayate x Nagi ending, but lots of people here would hate that. Well, not just here... everyone has their preferences.

So, I'll ask this. What pairing would you like, and how would you like it to happen?

Yes, it's story time. Don't just caps "ATHENA X HAYATE!!", but say a little more like how would you like it to happen!

If you'd like that is...

Old 2009-10-09, 00:53   Link #3409
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
I'd highly favor a Hayate x Nagi ending, but lots of people here would hate that. Well, not just here... everyone has their preferences.

So, I'll ask this. What pairing would you like, and how would you like it to happen?
I'm mostly neutral, so as long as the author gives a good explanation on the pairing I'm ok with it. If I had to choose, I'd prefer a Hayate x Athena or Hayate x Maria ending. Main reason is Hayate's own feelings and happiness. He still likes Athena after ten years and he has a crush on Maria. Hayate's been unfortunate all his life and worked hard to death and still don't have any good luck (even though his misfortune is our entertainment). At least the pairing should give him what he wants but both are hard to picture since he still have the debt. Hayate isn't the type of guy who relies on other's wealth to return his debt (he could've complied with Maria's suggestion to marry Nagi but he didn't) so an Athena pair (or any other pair) is unlikely. Nagi literally meant it when she said don't dare to lay a finger on Maria so that's unlikely too. I would say Hayate being single would be the most likely scenario.
Old 2009-10-09, 00:56   Link #3410
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
I get this feeling that after a dozen chapters or so, they'll be in a... hmm, how to put it..

Heh, well, I'll skip any fancy words, and just go with "bad situation" so I can continue with this thought. Basically I'm thinking that both Athena & Nagi will be in danger at some point (evil 3rd party), and Hayate can't save them both since they won't be together! Machi can play a great role here by saving Athena. She will then fall for him, while Hayate realizes his feelings for Nagi.
I am raging like a motherf'cker just reading this.....

Quote:
Okay... this has a high possibility of not happening, but I still believe that they will both be in danger at some point (and not just some random joke-like danger, like a couple of mafia guys with guns).

Yes, it's story time. Don't just caps "ATHENA X HAYATE!!", but say a little more like how it all happens!

If you'd like that is...

I am not expecting ATHENA X HAYATE!!!!! but it would be nice if it happened....however I cannot clearly say who I would like to end with Hayate in a relationship because honestly as much as I like Hina more as a character Hayate has good chem with everyone.

So instead I will say that Athena could bow out of the race in a blaze of glory. I had this thought a while back about Athena possibly not even surviving to the end...and in her last moments she would confess to Hayate and ask him if she can keep the ring (at this point me = ), but im just hoping this doesnt actually happen as I would be in a severe state of depression and resort to alcohol to calm myself.
Old 2009-10-09, 01:03   Link #3411
Lisemer

Sorry for interrupting the HayateXAthena vs. HayateXAnyone-other war, but...
I think it for a minute: If that page of the bunnysuits is really a dream of Hayate...
Is the fact Athena could discover his harem, one of hayate's great fears?
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 01:07   Link #3412
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
I think it for a minute: If that page of the bunnysuits is really a dream of Hayate...
It wasn't a war, we had something close like that ages ago. To answer your question, I would say no since Hayate himself doesn't realize he has a harem and what the dream represented to my understanding is Athena's misinterpretation and probably jealousy that Hayate is around other pretty girls. Plus, the bunny girl scene seems to be Athena's interpretation of Hayate messing around with other girls.
Old 2009-10-09, 01:08   Link #3413
Rah

Hehe, Game8910, don't kill me over that!

What if Machi gets REALLY good development? It still wouldn't surpass the 10 years between Hayate and Athena? What if he sacrificed himself for her (like going between her and a really powerful attack), and then he says (yeah, it's cliche, but still...) "I'm glad you're okay... I'm sorry... I couldn't.. do.. better..... *dies in her arms*?

.... NOOOOOOO!!!!

Quote:
Hayate's denseness saved him from that. He doesn't even realize that he has a harem. Even if you told him he wouldn't believe it!!
Old 2009-10-09, 01:16   Link #3414
Lisemer

Well, being honest, I want a HayateXAnyone-less-Nagi-or-Maria End (waiting the first girl wins subversion), but I really prefer see the development of every girl instead to focus in a single one, because each girl has her proper virtues and defects...
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 01:23   Link #3415
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Hehe, Game8910, don't kill me over that!

What if Machi gets REALLY good development? It still wouldn't surpass the 10 years between Hayate and Athena? What if he sacrificed himself for her (like going between her and a really powerful attack), and then he says (yeah, it's cliche, but still...) "I'm glad you're okay... I'm sorry... I couldn't.. do.. better..... *dies in her arms*?
maybe if the attack lasted over 10 years....

so far nothing can surpass the tragic 10 year old love between Hayate and Athena ;__;

I blame everything on Hayate's parents
Old 2009-10-09, 01:25   Link #3416
Rah

Quote:
Well, being honest, I want a HayateXAnyone-less-Nagi-or-Maria End (waiting the first girl wins subversion), but I really prefer see the development of every girl instead to focus in a single one, because each girl has her proper virtues and defects...
Why whatever do you mean? They're all perfect in their own way!

*whisper* pssst, say that, if you don't wanna get trampled by a mob of rabid fans!

Can't find any more spoiler related stuff. Perhaps later, or the raw..

Also, I guess that story time is already over? Too bad.

Oh, well... I'm off for now~

Edit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
maybe if the attack lasted over 10 years....

so far nothing can surpass the tragic 10 year old love between Hayate and Athena ;__;

I blame everything on Hayate's parents

Hahaha, I can't wait to see you rage when they appear again in the manga! And anyone else that's pissed at them! I wonder how Hata will introduce them again, and if they'll have faces this time. lol
Old 2009-10-09, 01:30   Link #3417
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:

Hahaha, I can't wait to see you rage when they appear again in the manga! And anyone else that's pissed at them! I wonder how Hata will introduce them again, and if they'll have faces this time. lol
I used to like them...i seriously did, they were the funniest scumbags on earth

but on EotW the funny was gone, but the scumbag remained....my god the rage was worse that reactionimage#90856.jpg
Old 2009-10-09, 01:33   Link #3418
zodanhko
*ignoring*

I would like an HayateXAthena ending if possible. I have always favor a relationship where a kind and naive hero whom always help others having a badass girlfriend whom is sharp, wise, and strong that can be there for him, not just standing in the back and can't do anything. And what can I say, Athena and Hayate's relationship leave the deepest impression on me, not to mention that I have got trapped EVERY SINGLE TIME by female characters with Athena's characteristics, and Athena IS the best so far.

If Athena did not exist, my vote would go to either Maria or Hina.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 02:39   Link #3419
Used Can

Man, these latest chapters have been pure gold.

In fact, I think Hata should make 2 different mangas. One with chapters like these ones, and another one for the slice-of-life love comedy, you know, some sort of Athena-continuity and the-others-continuity.
Old 2009-10-10, 01:47   Link #3420
9taileddemon

I really like all of the main pairings. I didn't like AthenaxHayate but my opinion of her character increases a little each chapter so who knows how I will feel by the end of this arc.

If I had to choose I am leaning more towards Maria or Hina with Hayate. I have wanted a MariaxHayate ending since the very beginning and I feel they complement each other pretty well. However I also feel that after all the crap Hina has gone through she deserves a happy ending.

I still feel I would be happiest if they made a dating sim or visual novel with Hayate so I could accomplish endings with all the characters. Ah well. I guess I shall keep dreaming.

9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen