AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-06-08, 10:11   Link #121
jonli
JONLIの憂'

There's actually this Gundam RPG that they released a few years back, I always thought the idea was pretty neat.

Basically they super-deformed all the Gundams from all Gundam series, and jumbled them all into one big epic fantasy (not sci-fi) story.

I've never actually played that game before, but we need more Gundam games that try to break out of the norm instead of "another One Year War".

It would be neat if they use all the Gundam ideas and resources available for them, and make a believable fantasy-esque world that revolves around mechs (kind of like Escaflowne but not as primitive). Keep the Gundams the same size, and probably redesign them to give them a more organic/medieval look.

Then have gameplay like G-Generation/VS series. You build your own MS army, and deploy them onto the field strategically against your enemies. When ever you attack your enemies the screen moves to an actual "stage" where you battle against your opponent with VS mechanics.

Unfortunately an epic game like that would probably never ever appear, since Gundam games are never really taken seriously. Because it's Gundam, no matter how shitty the game is, it'll find a way to sell itself, so there is no point for the game developers to spend so much time to make it into a truly beautiful game .
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 10:30   Link #122
LynnieS

I'm really curious, but is there really that much of a demand for a good Gundam game outside of Japan? The new "Operation Troy" game that is coming out at the end of June for the XBox 360 looks really good from sample video - a combination of 1st person/MS shooter, it seems. Not sure if it will do well in Japan, however; it looks to be more for the foreign crowd, IMHO. Even the mad crush of people for "Senjou no Kizuna" seems to be dying down at the local arcades these days.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 12:28   Link #123
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Exactly, there is no demand for a GOOD gundam game. They only need to make crap-to-mediocre games to satisfy the market.

Which is the most depressing shit ever.
Old 2008-06-13, 00:22   Link #124
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
I'm really curious, but is there really that much of a demand for a good Gundam game outside of Japan? The new "Operation Troy" game that is coming out at the end of June for the XBox 360 looks really good from sample video - a combination of 1st person/MS shooter, it seems. Not sure if it will do well in Japan, however; it looks to be more for the foreign crowd, IMHO. Even the mad crush of people for "Senjou no Kizuna" seems to be dying down at the local arcades these days.
I don't know what the general demand is, but I've been wanting a good Gundam game for YEARS. The only ones released in the US that I've really enjoyed have been Rise From the Ashes (Dreamcast), and Federation vs Zeon (PS2). All the others have been average at very best, with most of them being terrible. Being as big of a Gundam fan as I am, it's always been a huge letdown seeing few games, and terrible ones at that, come across the shore.

However, I did get G Generation: Cross Drive earlier this week, and I'm having a lot of fun with it, despite the fact that I can't read kanji...

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 20:31   Link #125
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Bandai just doesnt know what the americans want, no wonder X-play hates anime based games so much.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 05:09   Link #126
LynnieS

I'm guessing that it has something other than "Bandai doesn't know" - although I'm also hoping that it isn't "Bandai doesn't care". "Operation Troy" looks to be more Western-focused, so if it sells well - and if it becomes available outside Japan - maybe others will be brought out?

Side note: A new campaign to "Senjou no Kizuna" in the new 1.13 revision (available from June 24th to the end of July) will give taisa- and higher-ranked players (colonels and on up) who win a game a chance to win a GP-02A variant for their collections. EFSF players can get the GP-02A (Type MLRS) mobile suit, and Zeon ones can win the GP-02A (Beam Bazooka) MS.

It looks like the mobile suits from the 1.10 revision's special campaign will become available to all players also. Zeon: High-Performance Gelgogg and Dom Cannon (Double-Barreled Artillery). EFSF: GM Kai and Full-Armor Gundam.

Old 2008-06-19, 05:25   Link #127
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I actually got to play the Senjou no Kizuna game 2 days ago. It was a freaking blast, it was awesome. I really felt like I was piloting a Gundam (even though without this gimmic the game would be a sloppy version of VS).

I really hope they expand on this series, if they tune up the speed, and make a Gundam 00 version it would be totally awesome.
Old 2008-06-19, 05:42   Link #128
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I actually got to play the Senjou no Kizuna game 2 days ago. It was a freaking blast, it was awesome. I really felt like I was piloting a Gundam (even though without this gimmic the game would be a sloppy version of VS).

I really hope they expand on this series, if they tune up the speed, and make a Gundam 00 version it would be totally awesome.
Unless they change the game a lot, you will not get CE, 00, W, G or any of the other universes. I don't even expect that you will get to fly!

If you just started playing, then I'm guessing that you're still a private (second class) on either side, and might have the basic mobile suits:

EFSF - GM (close-range), Ground GM (melee) and GM Cannon (maybe)
Zeon - Zaku (close-range), Aqguy (melee) and Zaku Cannon (maybe)

You might be playing with other players in the same rank level or AIs. When you have unlocked the more powerful mobile suits like the Gyan, the Gundam or the G-3 (with magnetic coating) and step up the mobility setting, things get interesting. Add in other human players of different skills...

Old 2008-07-07, 13:50   Link #129
RedWing

Theres this game http://www.lithiumleaf.com/index.php...windom-xp-sp-2 its A LOT like the one for ps2 only with OS'es instead of gundams.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 22:25   Link #130
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Bandai just doesnt know what the americans want, no wonder X-play hates anime based games so much.
lol, that is so true, the show is just so bias, i dont watch g4 anymore except for ninja warriors and bansuke.

I play quite a bit of super robot wars, gundams are always on my fav list, like hi-nu, wing zero custom, and god gundam. (although eva is kooler for me, love the at field and eva01's berserk mode), I have imported super robot war for my psp.

I also love g-generation (also on my psp ), im on my way to get me a psycho haro (strongest in the game )
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 00:10   Link #131
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

The problem is shit games equal shit reviews from the Bandai, if they just knew that Gamers from US either want a Hard simulation or a fast-mecha Gundam game, it will solve the reason why gundam games dont do well. It is because we arent givent good games. I mean how hard it is just to port one Gundam Battle series for the PSP? I mean the newer ones are more fun and fast paced although some of the stuff may be irrevelant to the US crowd (like the Char Gundam)
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 00:48   Link #132
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i enjoy games that can be played slowly (i do like fast pace games though, but not the american fast, not into shooters and sports), and g-generation is like pokemon for me, got to collect them all , too bad most people who watch anime only knows wing, seed, and may be the original gundam, g, plus one or 2 more titles, that is why it is never ported to america. it is a good game, though not the best of its kind but i still enjoy it very much, imho.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 04:09   Link #133
Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i enjoy games that can be played slowly (i do like fast pace games though, but not the american fast, not into shooters and sports), and g-generation is like pokemon for me, got to collect them all , too bad most people who watch anime only knows wing, seed, and may be the original gundam, g, plus one or 2 more titles, that is why it is never ported to america. it is a good game, though not the best of its kind but i still enjoy it very much, imho.
I was actually quite disappointed by GGP's graphics.
I expected them to re-do all the graphics, or at least touch them up in order to match the PSP's hardware capabilities. But instead they just ported everything (except for Seed and Destiny suits, of course) over from GGF
Delusional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 02:07   Link #134
Dan the Man
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
The problem is shit games equal shit reviews from the Bandai, if they just knew that Gamers from US either want a Hard simulation or a fast-mecha Gundam game, it will solve the reason why gundam games dont do well. It is because we arent givent good games. I mean how hard it is just to port one Gundam Battle series for the PSP? I mean the newer ones are more fun and fast paced although some of the stuff may be irrevelant to the US crowd (like the Char Gundam)
I think it might also have to do with state-side licensing. As we all know, when an anime series comes to the states, it goes to the one company, and it's sequel or prequel could go to another, leading to problems between who owns the respective properties. I believe that's why the only Super Robot games we got in the US didn't have any actual characters belinging to a license othen than Banpresto. Mixing series' like Eva, Gundam, Mazinger, etc. would be a legal nightmare, so I imagine they don't even bother trying.

Old 2008-07-11, 21:10   Link #135
Zaku_Ace

Are there any gundam games released for the psp that is out in north america? I wanted to get battle royale or battle chronicles but they are only a japanese release, any others that are in canada?
Zaku_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 03:03   Link #136
Dan the Man
*Artist

I don't know about Canada per se, but there hasn't been any Gundam games released for handhelds to my knowledge since the GBA's SEED Battle Assault game. I guess you could count the GBA Super Robot War games, since their Huckbeins are basically Gundams and GM's, but apart from that, I don't think there's anything out there for the DS or PSP.

Old 2008-07-16, 03:21   Link #137
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 05:31   Link #138
Delusional

Anyway, from gunota:
Spoiler for Game:
Delusional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 05:47   Link #139
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Looks pretty good so far. Can't wait for it!
Old 2008-07-16, 06:32   Link #140
xytrix

Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Gundam Meisters scans from Famitsu magazine:
Spoiler:
xytrix is offline   Reply With Quote