AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-03-20, 22:33   Link #14081
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
How is this supposed to work?

She doesn't even have data manipulation...

They're so ridiculously awesome though.

Ever played Metal Gear Solid? The character Vulcan Raven lugs one of those around. It's scary.
We're talking about Mori here... I feel that a semi-automatic rifle would suit best. Plus all the big guns we talked about needs an external power source to clear jams and a large ammo capacity. D=
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 22:45   Link #14082
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Full name. Capable of scaring the crap out of people by talking. Pretty much dresses like a maid for the hell of it. Assumed to be in a high position in a secret organization.

In this series, these are signs of someone who you do not mess with.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 22:54   Link #14083
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
She's another White Devil type. That, or she has a Black Lagoon-type backstory hidden behind that calm demeanor.
I doubt the organization would want someone with serious psychological angst anywhere near Haruhi, especially if they were a trained killer. All the agents actually assigned to interact with Haruhi probably have a high degree of mental stability and somewhat positive outlook on life. The last thing you need is a self righteous nihilist near a omnipotent deity. Of course mental stability doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't a ruthless killer. It just means that you won't go postal over something trivial and it won't be because of a lack of emotional control.

I like to think of Mori as a dedicated professional, while maybe enjoying the work a bit to much, probably has such strong work ethic that they don't let themselves get carried away unless appropriate.
Quote:
...I think it's called a Vulcan? The gatling guns that are mounted on helicopters...

Have her carry one of those.
Helicopters typically use miniguns for that. Vulcans are ussually relegated to jet fighters. It might sound like nit picking, but there is a distinction here. The mini in mini gun is used to refer to the fact that it's a smaller weapon than a vulcan gun. For instance...

This is a minigun

This is a small Vulcan gun

This is a LARGE vulcan gun

Mori(M) would have to be way in excess of 200 centimeters if you wanted him to lug around a vulcan with any degree of visual plausibility.
Quote:
They're so ridiculously awesome though.

Ever played Metal Gear Solid? The character Vulcan Raven lugs one of those around. It's scary.
Refer to the image of the M61

The only reason that Raven doesn't look like an idiot with that thing is because he's as tall as a basketball player and built like an NFL lineman.

On another note, how tall are we making Mori(M)?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 23:13   Link #14084
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maybe KyoAni will provide an answer for us if Tsuruya-san and Mori do fight it out.
Old 2009-03-20, 23:28   Link #14085
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
While it'll be really cool otherwise, Haruhi is not a girl-with-guns story. Let's not get carried away.

Speaking of MGS, is Arakawa getting an eyepatch in a shout out to Big Boss?
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 23:30   Link #14086
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Maybe KyoAni will provide an answer for us if Tsuruya-san and Mori do fight it out.
Also would give motivation to include one or the other(or both) as an unlockable character in the fighter we probably aren't making...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-03-20, 23:40   Link #14087
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I doubt the organization would want someone with serious psychological angst anywhere near Haruhi
They let Koizumi near Haruhi. Koizumi clearly has issues, though is very very good at hiding them.

Quote:
Mori(M) would have to be way in excess of 200 centimeters if you wanted him to lug around a vulcan with any degree of visual plausibility.
Visual plausibility is for losers. =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
While it'll be really cool otherwise, Haruhi is not a girl-with-guns story. Let's not get carried away.
True, but would it be AWESOME? Yes.

Quote:
Speaking of MGS, is Arakawa getting an eyepatch in a shout out to Big Boss?
In the VN, he's going to lose an eye somehow for that exact reason.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 00:02   Link #14088
otai

Also, a professional would know better than to use bulky weaponry meant to destroy tanks/robots on people in an urban setting. Overkill, and slows your reaction against potshots. If you ask me, Battle Mori would logically be carrying high tech smgs and shotguns; like the KRISS SuperV or the AA12
Old 2009-03-21, 00:06   Link #14089
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Also, a professional would know better than to use bulky weaponry meant to destroy tanks/robots on people in an urban setting. Overkill, and slows your reaction against potshots. If you ask me, Battle Mori would logically be carrying high tech smgs and shotguns; like the KRISS SuperV or the AA12
Shotguns are fine too.
Old 2009-03-21, 00:46   Link #14090
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
or that freaking small yet overly powerful gun in Men In Black... conveys the message of small yet powerful. Size is no judge for strength. Though it seems that in weaponry, size does change strength...

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 00:53   Link #14091
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Given her moves...Maid Mori would carry something relatively small. Also tiny hands. (duel weapons would be nice though). I'm thinking Madlax style.

Butler Mori would still need to be the fast one, as he's the younger of the two. however with larger hands he could use a bigger guns. Hand cannons (Desert Eagles or Ruger Super Redhawks come to mind for pistols), or a pistol grip shotgun (lever action or auto...pump action probably wouldn't look cool enough).
Old 2009-03-21, 02:12   Link #14092
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
I doubt the organization would want someone with serious psychological angst anywhere near Haruhi, especially if they were a trained killer. All the agents actually assigned to interact with Haruhi probably have a high degree of mental stability and somewhat positive outlook on life. The last thing you need is a self righteous nihilist near a omnipotent deity. Of course mental stability doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't a ruthless killer. It just means that you won't go postal over something trivial and it won't be because of a lack of emotional control.

I like to think of Mori as a dedicated professional, while maybe enjoying the work a bit to much, probably has such strong work ethic that they don't let themselves get carried away unless appropriate.
White Devil type it is then.

Quote:
On another note, how tall are we making Mori(M)?
Who has the height chart again...?

Quote:
Of course not. It's only for the battle-maid/butler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Also would give motivation to include one or the other(or both) as an unlockable character in the fighter we probably aren't making...
So give Itsuki/Itsuko the unique esper moveset, and let Mori use other skills.

Quote:
Quote:
Shotguns are fine too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
or that freaking small yet overly powerful gun in Men In Black... conveys the message of small yet powerful. Size is no judge for strength. Though it seems that in weaponry, size does change strength...
Quote:
Given her moves...Maid Mori would carry something relatively small. Also tiny hands. (duel weapons would be nice though). I'm thinking Madlax style.

Butler Mori would still need to be the fast one, as he's the younger of the two. however with larger hands he could use a bigger guns. Hand cannons (Desert Eagles or Ruger Super Redhawks come to mind for pistols), or a pistol grip shotgun (lever action or auto...pump action probably wouldn't look cool enough).
Questions arise. Do the Mori's have a high degree of proficiency with particular firearms, or have they mastered the use of many types of guns? And from there, are the guns made for versatility in any scenario, or are they designed for specific situations?

My take on Mori (F) is as one who can use a very wide range of specialized weapons, to suit whatever the situation on the ground requires. Mori (M) on the other hand I see as the type to lean on "Old Reliable", an equipment set that never fails no matter what he faces, whatever is deemed as the best combination.

But that's just my take. We could make any combination for either of them, and my preference would be just to make them both gun masters.

Of course, all of this is side character doujin talk, so it's not like it's all that important anyway.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 02:27   Link #14093
otai

Quote:
Ah, the ol derringer in the garter trick. Sexy. Mori (m) means gun in boot or sawn off in pants.

Or both. Since that's not fair to Mori (f)... How about some additional tricks from Mad Dog Roberta; namely the grenades/blades in skirt trick.
Old 2009-03-21, 08:22   Link #14094
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
They let Koizumi near Haruhi. Koizumi clearly has issues, though is very very good at hiding them.
Why I used the term serious. If it was serious he couldn't hide it.
Quote:
Visual plausibility is for losers. =P
Except this would look really silly.

Quote:
Shotguns are fine too.
So this

firing this?
Quote:
The organization does not have access to high tech devices.
Quote:

Maid/Butler Mori are operators. Therefore they wont' use retarded shit like Deagles, duel wielding, or duel wielded Deagles. Under cover they'd probably use more regular guns. Mori(F) could use either a 9mm or a .45. Mori(M) being taller and bulkier would probably use a 10mm. If either wanted to go total over kill with a handgun, they'd probably use a PLR-16. If you're going to go for overpowered handguns, you might as well load it with rifle ammo.
Quote:
Who has the height chart again...?
Mori was not on it. We'd have to compare her to other characters whose height we do know. I've got this handy screenshot though.

Mori's roughly half a head taller than yuki/Mikuru in this image, but we have to account for the fact that she's wearing roughly 1 inch heels, so that would make her somewhat taller.

...and I totally did not just post that for Mori's stockings.
Quote:
Ah, the ol derringer in the garter trick. Sexy. Mori (m) means gun in boot or sawn off in pants.
Mori's skirt is poofy enough that she could probably fit something significantly larger than a derringer up there. She'd probably have a regular handgun with a reload....this is an advantage over miniskirts.

Mori(M) would probably just keep his concealed under his coat. Shotguns are just to bulky.
Quote:
Questions arise. Do the Mori's have a high degree of proficiency with particular firearms, or have they mastered the use of many types of guns? And from there, are the guns made for versatility in any scenario, or are they designed for specific situations?
If we assume the Mori's have some kind of special forces backgrounds, a wide range of weapons specialization would make sense. Even regular infantry are expected to be at least somewhat familiar with squad weapons that they ussually don't use in case that guy normally using is turned into a casualty. Special forces typically are even more extreme in that regard.

And different guns will be appropriate for different circumstances.
Spoiler for guns:

The agents probably all have handguns, but probably keep larger weapons in their vehicles.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 12:47   Link #14095
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
The organization does not have access to high tech devices.
My ass they don't. They probably control the Japanese government. I'm pretty sure they have access to high-tech devices.
Old 2009-03-21, 13:01   Link #14096
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Realism strikes.....
Old 2009-03-21, 14:22   Link #14097
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

I'm completely new to this forum, and I'm probably just going to end up as an annoying little puke lurking on the forums, but...

Seitenkan = pure win.

That is all.
wittyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 14:25   Link #14098
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post
Seitenkan = pure win.

That is all.
We all completely agree.

Welcome.
Old 2009-03-21, 15:21   Link #14099
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
My ass they don't. They probably control the Japanese government. I'm pretty sure they have access to high-tech devices.
... you think they stopped with Japan?
Old 2009-03-21, 15:24   Link #14100
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... you think they stopped with Japan?
That would explain why the Japanese have all the cool stuff...
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan