AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-15, 02:44   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Marimite S2 Ep.07 (official thread)

And so, the new year has begun. No more Youko-sama, Eriko-sama, and Sei-sama.

The anime didn't start off with Noriko's "Where is this? What year am I in?" Atsuko-san and Miyuki-san didn't even appear with Touko-chan...

Shimako, aka the new Rosa Gigantea is in melancholy...

I was impressed that they actually changed the OP shot of "Maria-sama no niwa ni...":

...Hey! Wait a minute! I understand Noriko should be there as she will soon become Shimako's soeur in the following episodes, but why is Touko-chan mingling with the Rosa Chinensis family!?

Yumi is worried about Shimako's melancholic atmosphere.

Yumi: "I was anticipating on something to happen with Sachiko-sama during the Spring break, but there was nothing..."
Hmm, a little foreshadowing of Yumi & Sachiko's soeur relationship in "Rainy Blue" here...

Yumi and Yoshino are classmates for the first time in thirteen years...and so are Tsutako-san and Mami-san!!! I hope they bring out Yamaguchi Mami out a little more (too bad this season won't get to Shimura Takuya's story)...oh, wait yes she does have an important part in the next episode! wa-i.

Nijou Noriko-chan makes her debut! Banza-i!! Hmm, she's a little bit more reserved than I expected from the novel. But Shimizu Kaori's voice seems to match her tone about "being different from the rest."

Noriko-chan and Shimako's initial contact underneath the cherry tree!! U...utsukushii... and had an aura of yuri-ness.

Sei-sama and Yumi at Lillian University cafeteria. Is it just me or does Sei-sama, (oops, I mean "Satou-san" ^^ awfully looks a LOT like Rei-sama after she cut her hair?

And more foreshadowing of "crumbling" Sachiko-Yumi soeur relationship...

Matsudaira Touko-chan debuts! Kugimiya Rie's voice acting is astonishing - it always amazes me how she is able to do Rizel from "Rizelmine" at one extreme and Alphonse Elric from "Fullmetal Alchemist" on the other...and her portrayal of Matsudaira Touko makes a stellar first impression. Hmm...I wonder how people who haven't read the novel will make on Touko-chan's first impression (I imagine it would be somewhat negative as most people who have read the novel as well....only to turn 180 degrees into one of the favorable characters later)

And we get to Noriko and Touko's encounter...minus Atsuko-san and Miyuki-san. As Touko-chan explains to Noriko who's who, Noriko realizes that the person she couldn't take her eyes off at the cherry tree was [the current] Rosa Gigantea.

Shimako seems to be happy now.

Noriko's background revealed..."How ironic that I am an avid admirer of Buddhist statues and temples, yet I am student of a Catholic high school"

Dang, the Shoguji temple is freaking huge than I imagined! And...Shimako's father makes his first appearance. Congratulations.

Yeah! Shimako in traditional Japanese kimono! M,moe~... And, by now you know what Shimako's secret: "I am a daughter of a Buddhist priest and temple, how contradictory that I attend a Catholic school."

And more yuri-like aura at the bus station...

Preview of next episode....rap-style!? "Ichou, Ichou! Sakura, Sakura!"

fufufu...Noriko and Shimako...

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-09-12 at 06:38.
Old 2004-08-15, 03:03   Link #2
kinniku_man
masked man

完全に飽きられたようですな。
従前のインパクトはありませんから無理もないですが。
Old 2004-08-15, 03:22   Link #3
Takemi_Ikazuchi

The current Sei reminds me of King from the King of Fighters arcade fighting game

It's funny though how she started completely effeminate, then became slightly unkempt after Shiori's incident, and finally became boyish after graduation

Not that I mind that look. I think it's sekushii
Old 2004-08-15, 05:37   Link #4
atua

Is it just me or is there a continuity error at 7:48? I'm referring to Touko's scene where she's pointing out the Rosas to Noriko. In the distance shot, Sachiko was clearly between Shimako and Rei, but in the closeup Sachiko is now suddenly on the right with Rei in the middle. Noriko of course only had eyes for Shimako...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Nijou Noriko-chan makes her debut! Banza-i!! Hmm, she's a little bit more reserved than I expected from the novel. But Shimizu Kaori's voice seems to match her tone about "being different from the rest."
I really like Noriko's voice... I'm undecided on Touko and want to hear more of Touko's seiyuu before I figure out whether I like her or not.

Quote:
Sei-sama and Yumi at Lillian University cafeteria. Is it just me or does Sei-sama, (oops, I mean "Satou-san" ^^ awfully looks a LOT like Rei-sama after she cut her hair?
Hehe, I thought she *was* Rei the first time I saw her in the previews. On repeat viewings, Sei's signature smirk clued me in. I'm going to miss wild-haired Sei... ;_;
Old 2004-08-15, 06:54   Link #5
Nequam

Send a message via MSN to Nequam
Quote:
Preview of next episode....rap-style!? "Ichou, Ichou! Sakura, Sakura!"
Hahaha... am I the only one who fell out of their chair laughing when the next episode preview started?
Old 2004-08-15, 08:03   Link #6
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Finally, a sensible file size for a raw episode at 190MB
Old 2004-08-15, 08:37   Link #7
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nequam
Hahaha... am I the only one who fell out of their chair laughing when the next episode preview started?
You weren't the only one....
Old 2004-08-15, 10:34   Link #8
Portable
riots and turns

Send a message via AIM to Portable
Although this shot in the preview passes quickly, a very tall girl caught my eye. Looking at the hairstyle, it matches all of the Kanako fanart I've seen, and she towers over the rest of the students, so I am guessing this is probably her.

Old 2004-08-15, 10:36   Link #9
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Quote:
...Hey! Wait a minute! I understand Noriko should be there as she will soon become Shimako's soeur in the following episodes, but why is Touko-chan mingling with the Rosa Chinensis family!?
You don't like Touko? She is quite a troublemaker, isn't she?

This episode may be my best episode of Marimite ~Spring~ so far. The story behind Shimako and Touko is not less beautiful than Sachiko and Yumi, although I am still thinking why Shimako is doing that.

Regarding the preview, it looks that seiyuus are having fun, especially Sachiko's seiyuu. Quite outrageous from Lillian standard, but it is nevertheless very funny.
Old 2004-08-15, 12:50   Link #10
sparrow
spontaneous comedian

Send a message via ICQ to sparrow
Sachiko is the one that sing the most in the preview, probably the Itou Miki-san is releasing the tension of playing serious voice ? ^^;

but after this episode, Shimako is glowing bright with with rose family's charm, more than before. her bored expression in the meeting also reminds me a lot of Sei, although less "don't try to go near me"
Old 2004-08-15, 13:36   Link #11
mintyfresh
Altoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow
but after this episode, Shimako is glowing bright with with rose family's charm, more than before. her bored expression in the meeting also reminds me a lot of Sei, although less "don't try to go near me"
I'm sure a number of things in this episode are meant to mirror the last one -- from Shimako's gradual unattachment from the Yamayurikai, to how she and Noriko met underneath the Sakura tree (perhaps the same one where she saw Sei for the first time, one year earlier..). ^^

As for that probable first shot of Kanako that Portable mentioned, I saw a number of people on 2chan bring this up as well, and i think you may very well be right..
Old 2004-08-15, 16:22   Link #12
Shigan
Forever a Journey

OMG! SACHIKO WAS RAPPING!!! XD XD XD!!!!!

*imagines Sachiko in hip hop clothes with a mic*

O_o;;;;

Seems like Touko is gonna stir trouble again, as Shimako and Noriko will get closer in a souer relationship to be.

Honestly, they should just name that Sakura tree 'White Rose Family Recruiting Place' or something ^^
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Old 2004-08-16, 00:23   Link #13
sparrow
spontaneous comedian

Send a message via ICQ to sparrow
if they do, all the eccentrics of Lillian would starts camping and waiting for the head of the white rose family and ambush her when she goes there ^^;

maybe then there'll be like three political parties in the school for each family
Old 2004-08-16, 03:26   Link #14
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
oh god the rap... I'm sooo gonna have to do some karaoke for that for giggles Xp
Old 2004-08-16, 05:57   Link #15
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Big question: will they release it in the Marimite soundtrack CD?
Old 2004-08-16, 12:44   Link #16
noibauten
L'étalon de Laval

Send a message via MSN to noibauten
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
Big question: will they release it in the Marimite soundtrack CD?
Usually they release every bit of music , so i dont see why not. Only time will tell.
Old 2004-08-16, 19:17   Link #17
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Are Buddhist monks in Japan under different restrictions from the norm? I mean celibacy, etc, etc.

Cause I can't imagine Shimako's father being a monk when she was born... o_O
Old 2004-08-16, 19:24   Link #18
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

ehemm.... being a Buddhist doesnt mean that you are a monk
Old 2004-08-16, 19:58   Link #19
Archaic

It really depeds what sect of Buddhism. The most common sect over here doesn't require celibacy as far as I know.
Old 2004-08-16, 20:09   Link #20
guess

OMG...I didn't expect Noriko's reaction would be so... blatant. I thought if she stared at Shimako for one more minute, she would start to drool.