AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-06-28, 06:04   Link #1241
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

If Manglobe drop it, it will be a smart move for another studio to pick up. As i think the next 2-cour will be much more interesting than the first 2 seasons
Old 2011-06-28, 06:08   Link #1242
Westlo
Lets be reality

Why would another studio pick up a low selling title? This isn't like Hayate which actually sold good... the only chances of this being continued was because it was Manglobes best selling series in japan.. but why keep on making things at a minor loss instead of actually trying to make a hit?

Best case scenario is the Negima situation... OVAs bundled with the manga volumes sell well and a movie gets made (Yui?). Don't expect a 3rd season and yes I watched Episode 12.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 06:14   Link #1243
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Why would another studio pick up a low selling title? This isn't like Hayate which actually sold good... the only chances of this being continued was because it was Manglobes best selling series in japan.. but why keep on making things at a minor loss instead of actually trying to make a hit?

Best case scenario is the Negima situation... OVAs bundled with the manga volumes sell well and a movie gets made (Yui?). Don't expect a 3rd season and yes I watched Episode 12.
Because they expect a higher selling when they do it?

Less risk than picking up something new. Less paying for the original source. As long as there is demand, they can work out for it to be profit
Old 2011-06-28, 06:20   Link #1244
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Because they expect a higher selling when they do it?

Less risk than picking up something new. Less paying for the original source. As long as there is demand, they can work out for it to be profit
If it's that simple than surely you can name a heap of examples of where studios either continued another series or redid it and sold more (because in this case it has to be more!), I'll name one, I'm sure you can find another half a dozen easily

I'll start, Kanon.

And to save you some time...

Hayate with SP Synergy did 9k, down to 6k with J.C staff.
Spice and Wolf s1 with IMAGIN did 8.7k, Season 2 with Brains Base did 5k.
Rurouni Kenshin, successful show with Studio Gallop, DEEN took over and it died.

Now what makes you think a 3k series is going to buck that trend, and the one exception was a remake on a completely different level to the original one.

To sum up no it's not a smart move and a tweet from the a staff member said they were lucky to get to do the OVA.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 06:26   Link #1245
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
If it's that simple than surely you can name a heap of examples of where studios either continued another series or redid it and sold more (because in this case it has to be more!), I'll name one, I'm sure you can find another half a dozen easily

I'll start, Kanon.
It's not simple, that where the profit lies

Otherwise you can easily get the job at their sale department

PS: and are you sure the sale dictate the process?
Old 2011-06-28, 08:02   Link #1246
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
To sum up no it's not a smart move and a tweet from the a staff member said they were lucky to get to do the OVA.
It was actually Wakaki-sensei.

From the looks of it, at the moment there is no plans for a third season any time soon. But still, I hold on to hope!
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
It's not simple, that where the profit lies

Otherwise you can easily get the job at their sale department

PS: and are you sure the sale dictate the process?
Sales is usually the main thing to go by to green light a sequel.

Last edited by Arabesque; 2011-06-30 at 09:37. Reason: fixed image
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 11:55   Link #1247
Sheep_

There is still a chance.

DVDs sales only play part of the sales numbers. You guys ever notice how long running titles never really sell as much as a 13 ep show? If a show can make profit off character goods, CDs and other products then they'll make more anime.

DVD, character goods and t.v rating all play a part in deciding if a series is worth making more anime out of.

Best bet is the OVA sells enough to cover any lost profit so far, or at least boosts sales up enough to get a season 3. Because so far the DVDs have broken even but it's not making enough money.
Old 2011-06-28, 22:24   Link #1248
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So the ending of the 12eps maybe say there mite be a 3rd season or just have to wait for the dvd sales to see
Old 2011-06-30, 05:32   Link #1249
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep_ View Post
There is still a chance.

DVDs sales only play part of the sales numbers. You guys ever notice how long running titles never really sell as much as a 13 ep show? If a show can make profit off character goods, CDs and other products then they'll make more anime.

DVD, character goods and t.v rating all play a part in deciding if a series is worth making more anime out of.
I agree with this since everyone of course operates according to incentives. BUT.

If the home video sales haven't been up to scratch, then the other funding sources will have to pick up the slack that it leaves behind. For one fund source eg. CDs to singlehandedly support the creation of more anime, I would assume one would need sales performances that at least parallels the magnitudes of the following:
  • the music sales of Macross F
  • the figure sales of the entire Nanoha franchise
  • the TV ratings of proven franchises such as Pokemon, Precure or even Gundam(which performs the worst)
And let's be frank. Kaminomi doesn't even come close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep_ View Post
Best bet is the OVA sells enough to cover any lost profit so far, or at least boosts sales up enough to get a season 3. Because so far the DVDs have broken even but it's not making enough money.
Since the OVA comes packaged with a bound manga volume (tankoubon), I find it unlikely since it hinges on the manga sales, not forgetting that there will also be a separate regular release of the volume which doesn't come with the OVA episode.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 05:56   Link #1250
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Yep, I love the anime but the possibility of the season 3 is close to zero if you following the sales numbers.

I hate this cause I'm not like the artwork in manga n found the anime is vastly superior
Old 2011-07-07, 16:16   Link #1251
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

There will be a third season, I just know it!
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 14:50   Link #1252
Tusukama

Fav characters

Apart from kami sama best character is definitely Jun Nagase!! Love her!!
Tusukama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 14:52   Link #1253
Tusukama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirou Emiya View Post
There will be a third season, I just know it!
It's gonna be more of a January release anime I think but could be October but there definitely will be a 3d season!
Old 2011-07-12, 16:44   Link #1254
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusukama View Post
It's gonna be more of a January release anime I think but could be October but there definitely will be a 3d season!
I hope it airs in Winter 2011 or sooner too .
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 00:50   Link #1255
Tusukama

Capture

Favourite capture by kami sama anyone?
Old 2011-07-19, 12:36   Link #1256
dragonlord9

if only they would make a movie of one of the arc. that would be awesome!!
dragonlord9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 07:42   Link #1257
kagato3

A question For those that are saying Kami nomi had low sales numbers are you takeing in to account the earth quake that happend at the start of the second season? I'm fairly sure it would have had some negitve impact on sales.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 01:04   Link #1258
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
A question For those that are saying Kami nomi had low sales numbers are you takeing in to account the earth quake that happend at the start of the second season? I'm fairly sure it would have had some negitve impact on sales.
Late to reply, but this didn't have any material impact, as sales are measured primarily based on the first volume, which was released well before the calamity. (Japanese home media sales are very heavily biased to the first week, due to a heavy emphasis on pre-ordering.) Also, if this were the root cause, many other series would have been similarly affected, but this show's sales were, unfortunately, comparatively low. That being said, Blu-Ray/DVD sales are important, but there are many other factors that affect the overall success of a show (and its ability to meet budgeted expectations).
Old 2011-07-27, 09:37   Link #1259
Kayoubi
Togame's Sword

Just finished both seasons back to back and enjoyed it very much. Then I read all the comments about bad sales for S1 which surprises me since it's a really funny and well thought out anime. Especially when Kanon was so hyped up by everything; though the fans probably just bought the cds.

aww man.. I'm really cheering for S3. surely 60,000 loose souls isn't too much to ask for.
Kayoubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 23:45   Link #1260
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I'd heard that initial sale where disappointing, but that they weren't dropping off as quickly as other shows.

That led me to hope it might be a slow burner and could eventually turn a profit.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen