AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-22, 21:48   Link #12201
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
Changing the topic about colors, who is exactly the enemy that mikoto has to fight against in railgun ss2?
As far as I know? Killer red ants... >.>
Old 2011-07-22, 21:57   Link #12202
Ilidsor
Angelerator

She might fight New Light. (Rhyming bonus!)
Old 2011-07-22, 22:40   Link #12203
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Are you asking about Index wings? I checked it out and it only says 赤い翼 , So I really don't see the point of trying to fancing it up, specially with words that suggest other meanings.
I checked too, usually says red wings but others says red like blood .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
Changing the topic about colors, who is exactly the enemy that mikoto has to fight against in railgun ss2?
Not clear yet, but so far I heard it was a random magician (from the ROC?) blowing things up for the lulz, of course needs confirmation first.

Railgun SS Chapter 1 almost complete...

Quote:
The girl was shorter than Mikoto but actually had breasts, so she annoyed Mikoto.
“Are you a tourist, miss? Well, I guess everyone in this city is a tourist. Although it’s rare for a Japanese girl to come in after seeing that sign. Are you starving for some stimulation?”
“What about you?” Mikoto said as she poked at something that looked like a crystal packed in plastic. “With that name and this design, I thought someone Japanese was running the store, but I guess I was wrong.”
The girl at the register had white skin and long black hair with just the ends braided. However, her eyes were blue and her skin color was not that of a normal Japanese person. She had the characteristics of a European, of an Anglo-Saxon.
Mikoto looked at the nametag on the girl’s chest that had her name written in hiragana.
“Lessar?”
“Yup, I’m Lessar-chan. We have all sorts of souvenirs. And don’t worry. Everything we have here won’t get you caught up at customs. So just loosen the purse strings.”
“You say that, but…”
O_O;;;

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-07-22 at 23:15.
Old 2011-07-22, 23:44   Link #12204
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Are you asking about Index wings? I checked it out and it only says 赤い翼 , So I really don't see the point of trying to fancing it up, specially with words that suggest other meanings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post

If that's all it says about the wings then you're right, it's just red wings, we shouldn't use a more descriptive color if we don't know more about how Kazuma pictured those wings.
Actually, there is a subtle difference between the three major kanjis used for red: 朱, 赤, and 紅.

朱 is used for lighter shades of red, such as scarlet.
赤 is used for darker shades of red, closer to crimson.
紅 is closest to the color of blood, and has the most emotion in it.

So yes, there is a difference between the types of red, and I would say that crimson wings would be the closest to what Kazuma would have probably imagined.

This was Sumeragi's kanji color lesson. See you next time.

Old 2011-07-23, 00:03   Link #12205
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Actually, there is a subtle difference between the three major kanjis used for red: 朱, 赤, and 紅.

So yes, there is a difference between the types of red, and I would say that crimson wings would be the closest to what Kazuma would have probably imagined.

Nice marking, so it seems it goes to crimson...
Old 2011-07-23, 01:59   Link #12206
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post

Ahh... that's very interesting. Thanks for the insight.
Old 2011-07-23, 08:08   Link #12207
Sumeragi
Banned

Of course, I have to admit that nowadays, the distinction isn't strictly kept, but it is still a rule of thumb for any serious writers, since the various actual color words established (like scarlet, which is 朱紅) do match the differences.
Old 2011-07-23, 11:57   Link #12208
Amagetu

This is going way off topic Sumeragi, but what is the anime from your signature from?

On topic - If the Misaka awakening happened around Novel 9 which is what I was told, how come she couldn't awaken from there on?
Old 2011-07-23, 12:03   Link #12209
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amagetu View Post
This is going way off topic Sumeragi, but what is the anime from your signature from?

On topic - If the Misaka awakening happened around Novel 9 which is what I was told, how come she couldn't awaken from there on?

She never awakened. Novel 9 doesn't even have anyone awaken. Where do you get your info? Please tell me. She also most likely never will awaken. She is a minor side character so it's mainly going for the never gonna happen side.

Quick question. Is NT2 available for pre-order on amazon?
Old 2011-07-23, 14:07   Link #12210
Amagetu

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post

She never awakened. Novel 9 doesn't even have anyone awaken. Where do you get your info? Please tell me. She also most likely never will awaken. She is a minor side character so it's mainly going for the never gonna happen side.

Quick question. Is NT2 available for pre-order on amazon?
In one of the SS's it describes Misaki utilising wings, and gliding or something, I asked where that SS chronologically fits in and was told Volume 9.
Old 2011-07-23, 14:17   Link #12211
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
In one of the SS's it describes Misaki utilising wings, and gliding or something, I asked where that SS chronologically fits in and was told Volume 9.
1. That SS you are talking about is a Railgun SS not an Index's.

2. The date is relatively after Sherry Cromwell's attack on Academy City so it was briefly after vol. 6.

3. Isn't awakening read it here:
Spoiler for space:
Old 2011-07-23, 14:54   Link #12212
Amagetu

Thanks for that, someone posted back a while and refused to give me a summary, so I just read the last few lines and got confused.

Gives a nice pseudo awakening feel to it though. ;p
Old 2011-07-23, 15:11   Link #12213
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for that, someone posted back a while and refused to give me a summary, so I just read the last few lines and got confused.

Gives a nice pseudo awakening feel to it though. ;p
Oh, you are the same lazy person who refused to just click on the link to read the last lines of the text?
I see, I just copy/paste those lines.
Old 2011-07-23, 18:52   Link #12214
leukrota

Quote:
As a small reminder, write Misaka, not Misaki... normally it wouldn't matter much, but there's the fact that there is a Misaki in the Toaru verse (the 5th level 5.)
Old 2011-07-23, 20:07   Link #12215
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Misaka was a part of volume 9 (a small part but a part none the less) so it couldn't have been then.
Old 2011-07-23, 20:16   Link #12216
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Aiwass deal it's not about disobeying God, but rather Aiwass escapes God's plan / the boundary of His laws.

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Kamijou nor anyone else but Aiwass to having achieved something like that, regardless of Dragon or not.
The latter maybe but there's no proof of the former.
Old 2011-07-24, 05:33   Link #12217
Inept Forum User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol22,Epilogue
An Angel that cannot be explained by holy books or theology. And at the same time, in this world which God has made it symbolises material beyond God’s control; breaking through the points which God has decreed for fate...
Is this where that particular speculation comes from?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Misaka was a part of volume 9 (a small part but a part none the less) so it couldn't have been then.
According to the page on the To Aru Wiki for Railgun SS1, it takes place somewhere between 3rd-10th September (between Volumes 6 and 7). However, there doesn't appear to be any citation, and mention of it has been removed from the Story Timeline entry.
Old 2011-07-24, 23:14   Link #12218
Miraluka
Banned

Railgun SS 2 Chapter 2 parts 1 and 2 updated.
Old 2011-07-25, 00:09   Link #12219
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Wow. This must be one of the few times I see English translations go faster then Chinese ones. The Chinese one is still only at Ch1 Pt6 >.>

Oh, and Ch2 Pt3 updated on Bakatsuki.
Old 2011-07-25, 01:31   Link #12220
chrono9472

that just shows how awesome the english translaters for to aru are
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen