AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-25, 20:24   Link #2661
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Funny that you guys discussed ad carries and now there is a patch preview that includes changes/nerfs to the (current) 'big three'. I'd be glad to see different carries more often ingame and in competitive play.

I'm even more glad that my current favorite ad, Ez, seems to get the best deal with the changes. Slight base damage nerf to essence flux (which I primarily use for the AS debuff/buff anyway) and decreased mana cost for mystics seems a good trade to me.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 22:10   Link #2662
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I don't know why but that MLG stream won't even play at all for me. Weird since the Euro regionals stream played just fine for me.
Old 2012-08-26, 00:33   Link #2663
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Slight base damage nerf to essence flux
Isn't its actual nerf supposed to be a smaller hitbox? Anyway, mystic shot got buffed, but I'm not sure if I like it. It was said in the preview that they don't want people to worry about missing a few shots, but that kinda drops the game level imo.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 04:17   Link #2664
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Isn't its actual nerf supposed to be a smaller hitbox? Anyway, mystic shot got buffed, but I'm not sure if I like it. It was said in the preview that they don't want people to worry about missing a few shots, but that kinda drops the game level imo.
It's mostly a change to encourage mystic shot to be ranked over essence flux since the was -2 mana per rank, so 10 less at max rank, if people keep maxing essence flux 1st then they only see -2 mana cost early game.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 18:34   Link #2665
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Missed the entire MLG tourney because I went to Fan Expo (which is a shame since I'm an MLG Gold susbscriber). Anyone recommend matches for me to start with?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 18:46   Link #2666
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Missed the entire MLG tourney because I went to Fan Expo (which is a shame since I'm an MLG Gold susbscriber). Anyone recommend matches for me to start with?
The first game of the final, which was an ARAM - not sure what happened there, Curse and Dignitas somehow decided to so this. The rest of the final were normals games and to me not that spectacular, just OK. Didn't see any other games of this MLG so I can't really recommend.
Old 2012-08-27, 01:08   Link #2667
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
The first game of the final, which was an ARAM - not sure what happened there, Curse and Dignitas somehow decided to so this.
Apparently it was pre-arranged and they both got disqualified...news

Still funny as hell, look at all those brutalisers
Old 2012-08-27, 08:07   Link #2668
Cream

They decided to play the first game as an ARAM and after that they seemed to be playing pretty seriously. I thought the rest of the games were great, dig was up 2-0 and curse ended up coming back 3-2.

They were DQ'd because of allegations of collusion(agreeing to throw games or match fixing etc). Dignitas hasn't commented about it yet but curse has denied it in their apology video. They apologized only for playing an ARAM in the grand finals.

Oh well, i was just happy that they finally got their first lan win + trophy and then it was gone in the matter of seconds : [
Old 2012-08-28, 02:11   Link #2669
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Need a bit of advice.

What support would people use after Sona? She's definitely my #1 now, but in the games where i either get beaten to the pick or she gets banned, it gets confusing. Lulu just isn't what she used to be anymore, Taric just doesn't do enough after lane mode and gets smashed in team fights. Blitzcrank, I don't like anymore - requires so much ealry dominance and ADC synergy. Alistair and Malphite should be jungling. Galio would be better in another lane, Zilean is meh.

Which leaves me split between Janna and Soraka. Janna - love her movespeed buffs, her ulti, slow and shield, but with cds and the like, the sustain isn't that prolonged in teamfights. As for Soraka, more sustain and mana supplying the ADC early but her cds seem fatal in crucial battles and if you're going proper support, she has nowhere near the killing/disabling power Sona does now and less than Janna.

So...Janna or Soraka?
Old 2012-08-28, 03:27   Link #2670
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I like Janna more because of her ability to disrupt and disengage.

Sure Soraka is infinite mana/hp but Janna is probably the most teamfighting support out there.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 05:35   Link #2671
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Soraka, solely for her silence. That shit is devastating.
Old 2012-08-28, 06:54   Link #2672
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Taric just doesn't do enough after lane mode and gets smashed in team fights.
Aura Taric just needs to be alive in order to do enough after lane mode.
Quote:
Galio would be better in another lane
Had some pretty good games with Galio bot actually, you can start a kind of mini-snowball if you win an early skirmish, then proceed to ward dragon/blue or dive mid. Then again, I play him as pure tank.

As for Janna vs Soraka, most people go for Janna so she'll either be picked first or banned. Soraka's pretty good at what she does too - not as good as Janna since she lacks the knockup/knockback, but her W gives insane armor and as Duo said, the silence on E counts a lot.
Old 2012-08-28, 07:03   Link #2673
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

If no one else picks alistar for jungle then why not pick him for support? He's currently one of the best. His cc is so freaking good it's almost impossible to let your carry die in early game.

Not sure about Blitz either, mid-late game is where he really begins to shine: Grab one of the opponents into your team and you got yourself a 5v4 situation very quick. Check one of Elementz' recent games, Blitz has become one of his trademark supp champs.

Also, there's Leona.

If it really has to come down to Soraka or Janna I'd go with the former. I currently shun Janna as her numbers have been nerfed quite hard some time ago. The cc and utility is still there but it all feels so weak right now. where other supports are able to chunk the opponent at least a little, Janna feels like she's just there for cc.
Old 2012-08-28, 08:02   Link #2674
Kafriel
Senior Guest

See nRated on Leona, he's had some pretty cool games with her. While definitely not my first pick, because I like me an off-tankish Leona, she can do her job as well as anyone, 2 stuns and a binding dash...her passive's not half bad either, can turn a lane in your favor fast.
Old 2012-08-28, 09:40   Link #2675
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Admittedly, the one I most afraid are Leona, because one wrong move and it cost you a lane. Blitz's present can be countered by a ward, but not Leona.
Old 2012-08-28, 09:53   Link #2676
Kreceir

i'm playing a lot of supports cause in normal games, maybe because most people wants to play / try out champions that can get a lot of kills.

I'm playing Sona a lot lately and i'm quite happy her Arcade Sona will be available, but that is not the point.

After i get to the point i can get my 4 core items (shurelia's / solari / aegis / boots) and a lot of wards / oracles.
i have no idea what to build on her past that point.
if been sitting in some 50+ min games while only having those 4 items no idea what to build.
Old 2012-08-28, 09:56   Link #2677
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
~~ After i get to the point i can get my 4 core items (shurelia's / solari / aegis / boots) and a lot of wards / oracles.
if been sitting in some 50+ min games while only having those 4 items no idea what to build.
Depends on how you want to support your team. You can always get other aura items to boost your team-fight performance.

Cheers.
Old 2012-08-28, 11:39   Link #2678
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
i'm playing a lot of supports cause in normal games, maybe because most people wants to play / try out champions that can get a lot of kills.

I'm playing Sona a lot lately and i'm quite happy her Arcade Sona will be available, but that is not the point.

After i get to the point i can get my 4 core items (shurelia's / solari / aegis / boots) and a lot of wards / oracles.
More auras, casually WotA for the spellvamp or Soul shroud for the shared CDR, depending on your allies. Alternatively, you can just go for AP to increase your heals and poke damage. I've also seen Sonas with DFG, I suppose it has its benefits...
Old 2012-08-28, 18:51   Link #2679
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Admittedly, the one I most afraid are Leona, because one wrong move and it cost you a lane. Blitz's present can be countered by a ward, but not Leona.
What is this logic? As long as you see them you shouldn't get grabbed by either one.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 19:29   Link #2680
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I can hide and dodge behind the creeps, but Leona disregards that anyway.

Tags
league of legends, lol