AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-06-03, 11:28   Link #821
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally watched the Red Wedding. My God it was cruel and unfair on what happen to Robb, Catelyn, Talisa and the rest of the Stark-Tully bannermen.

Nothing good ever happens to the Starks. Ned gave up his honor to save his daughters only for Joffrey to break his promise and kill him. Robb lost two powerful allies that could have help him win the war earlier due to the Baratheon brothers were fighting each other over who should be King and whether the North stays with the 7 Kingdoms or be independent and Balon Greyjoy being a revengeful asshole and bad father which made his best friend Theon betray him in order to win his father's acknowledgement as a true Ironborn and not a Northerner. Catelyn led Littlefinger use her love for her daughters to foolishly release Jaime and have Brienne send him to King's Landing, making Robb lose a high valued hostage. If that wasn't enough, his uncle Edmure was a poor tactician, his bannermen begins to lose hope in him due to his mother's actions and his marriage to Talisa. And one bastard oldman deciding to take Robb's dishonor against him to the extremes by having his family kill the Stark/Tully bannermen. This might be best case of Being Good Sucks.

The only good things i hope is that Dany and her army of Dothraki, Unsullied, Second Sons mercs and dragons will be coming to Westeroes, Stannis curse will now come after Balon and Joffrey leading to another power struggle on those sides, the Tyrells might help Sansa against the Lannisters, any allies who didn't attended the Red Wedding now wants the Freys dead and Littlefinger might seek revenge against Walder over what he did to his past love.

Anyway, Season 3 finale preview.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-03, 12:06   Link #822
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Jon was also a lot of fun. He's a character you can root for, since he is one of the few moral individuals left in the story, but at the same time I can't help but call him a jerk for leaving Ygritte like that. Theirs is definitely a relationship that improved greatly in the adaptation.
Loved his little smirk when he stabbed Oren. That pretty much sums up why Jon *might* have the grit to survive, whereas Robb didn't. Also have to agree with you about Ygritte and Jons relationship being far better, the look of utter fury on her face when Jon left was priceless; she's a true killer, so I don't think that story is going to end particularly happily, especially judging by the next week preview.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 12:53   Link #823
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Just curious, is the Stark family weapon a Lance type?
Old 2013-06-03, 13:01   Link #824
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Just curious, is the Stark family weapon a Lance type?
Ice, the ancestral weapon is a 2 Hander great sword since Valyeria days.

The Lannister one is lost at sea.

Not sure about the rest.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 15:28   Link #825
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

This isn't even killing two birds with one stone.... poor starcks , they are doomed. Well , we can count on Bran , Arya & Jon. (Theon who is it...)
Still can't wait for the fully dragon growth (if they will)
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 15:52   Link #826
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was bloody amazing. I never cared much about Rob but this was so magnificently executed that I couldn't help being shocked. Arya is going to have to add quite a few people to her list. The Stark are dropping like files whereas the Lannisters are still all fine and dandy (well, not so much Jaime...). When is Joffrey going to die, dammit?! I've been waiting three seasons!
Old 2013-06-03, 16:21   Link #827
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
When is Joffrey going to die, dammit?! I've been waiting three seasons!
Well, he was cursed by Stannis and Melisandre too. Thus, I expect it to happen within the next season or two. The preview for the next episode already seemed to indicate that Stannis was going after the Ironborn, so once he's down, I expect Joffry to be next.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 16:24   Link #828
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Wow, last nights episode was crazy I always knew Rob was going to die because he was an idiot but not so brutally. I haven't fallen in love with a series this hard since Berserk
Old 2013-06-03, 17:25   Link #829
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Spoiler for book to film comparison...:

Also they left out Catelyn losing her mind and trying to claw her own eyes out as they parade robs corpse around.

Still though, probably the most brutal T.V. episode ever as far as emotional damage to the viewer goes.

Last edited by james0246; 2013-06-03 at 18:32.
TooPurePureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 18:20   Link #830
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I didn't realize his stature, but I also figured he'd survive. After all, this whole to-do was payback for Robb not marrying one of his daughters. He got a relative of Robb's to marry one, so why would he then go and kill him? At least before an heir is conceived.
It wasn't all payback. It was a deal made with the Lanisters - they were the root cause. At least that's how I am taking it.

Quote:
And honestly, the biggest "critical hit", if you will, for me was when the cross bowers surrounded Robb's dire wolf and took him down. And poor Arya had to watch as another of the family's dire wolves left the realm.
I kept hoping the dog would get out. Poor wolf.
Old 2013-06-03, 18:32   Link #831
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
To be fair, that could still happen afterwards...in which case I'm adding some spoiler tags .

Quote:
Also they left out Catelyn losing her mind and trying to claw her own eyes out as they parade robs corpse around.
I also noticed the change in Bolton's line from just "Jaime" to the "Lannisters" in general (idk if this has been brought up yet). I don't know if I like the change or not, since referencing Jaime really drives home how Cat screwed over her entire family and the North, but at the same time the audience knows none of this is actually coming from Jaime so referencing the Lanisters is more plot-centric.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 19:01   Link #832
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
What do you mean the "late" Walder Frey?
That's his nickname. It comes from the fact that he was notorious for showing up late to battles, only when the outcome was already decided and he could side with the sure winner.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 20:04   Link #833
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
To be fair, that could still happen afterwards...in which case I'm adding some spoiler tags .

I also noticed the change in Bolton's line from just "Jaime" to the "Lannisters" in general (idk if this has been brought up yet). I don't know if I like the change or not, since referencing Jaime really drives home how Cat screwed over her entire family and the North, but at the same time the audience knows none of this is actually coming from Jaime so referencing the Lanisters is more plot-centric.
Ya I suppose they could still do that so thanks for adjusting my ...momentary lack of prudence. Though in all honesty I think they blew their load as far as the Red Wedding brutality goes.

As far as making it "THE Lannisters" rather than "Jaime Lannisters" is a mistake in my opinion. Yes it makes it easier for the viewers to follow the plot as they may find that confusing, but it takes away from the nuanced tragedy that is Jaime Lannisters reputation. He will most likely be if not upset at least disappointed to hear of the events of the Red Wedding..."it wasn't very clean". He would have much rather defeated the Starks on the field of battle than through one of the more reprehensible acts of betraying guest rights in recent memory. Just one more knock on his name.
Old 2013-06-03, 20:37   Link #834
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:

Still though, probably the most brutal T.V. episode ever as far as emotional damage to the viewer goes.
Um...they did film it. It will be shown next week to make sure no TV watchers remain "unsullied" (assuming HBO don't pull that scene and lose another 20% of their fanbase)

Also, on Chinese websites, people joke (darkly) about how Bran, Ayra and Rickon will start to visit Taverns and farm low level beasts, cause they just got booted from RTS to single player RPG...
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 22:49   Link #835
Alchemist007
*Author

When she started talking about the baby this is what I said: "this is going to end painfully."

I don't like being right.
Old 2013-06-03, 23:05   Link #836
Owlman

Robb should have never executed that angry Karstark guy who slaughtered those Lannister boys. He could have dealt with that at a later time so as not to cause a rift between them. Then he'd never need help from that scum bag Walder Frey... Then again, he might have tried to appease him later on the same way, but perhaps he'd think twice about setting him up if he was King of the North?

Besides the red wedding, I thought the episode was probably the most boring in this season. I really don't care about Robbs little brother who can see through animals and humans etc., nor the fat kid from the nights watch (not that i have anything against him).
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 23:30   Link #837
james0246

^The mistake is also Cat's for letting Jaime go. Many of the events that follow stem directly from Jaime's release. Rob did wrong by breaking his oath, but if he had retained his military might (by not killing Karstark , who was only rightfully beheaded because he murdered innocent children), it's doubtful that Bolton would have conspired with the Lannisters nor would Walden Frey have sought to betray the Starks (due to fear of retribution from Robb's army).

Last edited by james0246; 2013-06-03 at 23:52.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 00:16   Link #838
oompa loompa

Had to be done eventually.

Spoiler for img 1:

Another peach of an img ( I'll stop now)

Spoiler for img 2:

Last edited by oompa loompa; 2013-06-04 at 00:26.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 00:51   Link #839
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was bloody amazing. I never cared much about Rob but this was so magnificently executed that I couldn't help being shocked. Arya is going to have to add quite a few people to her list. The Stark are dropping like files whereas the Lannisters are still all fine and dandy (well, not so much Jaime...). When is Joffrey going to die, dammit?! I've been waiting three seasons!
Spoiler for ooops:

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad

Last edited by Edge Meltdown; 2013-06-04 at 03:06.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 02:02   Link #840
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

Tha's spoiler, Edge...
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game of thrones, hbo