AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-07, 20:42   Link #10121
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Through solo-pubbing, today I managed to increase my Object 268's winrate to a whopping... 50%. It used to be 44% or something. I think I need to platoon tier 10s more.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 22:09   Link #10122
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Was looking over my stats... surprisingly, my T-28 has my best winrate at 6%. I'm also not sure how the hell that happened.

Kinda tempted to rebuy it for Tier 4 trolling, but then at the end of the day it's basically a worse T-34, and I already have a T-34. so the T-28 is kinda pointless.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 22:13   Link #10123
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Tier 4 in general isn't worth staying at unles you really REALLY like the tank in question. For example, I sort of like the B1, despite its dinky gun, and obviously Matildas are keepers for those who have them.

Unless you have something with preferential MM like, oh, the Soviet Valentine.
Old 2013-10-07, 23:06   Link #10124
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Nah, it was just a random ideathought.

I'm keeping my Matilda, and that's pretty much the only T4 in my inventory. I do have a Panzer 38(t) nA that I'll need to grind out to get the Panzer IV though. Though to be honest I'm kinda not really down with the German tanks - Panzer III/IV and VK 30.02 (M) aside, I don't really like any of the German tanks I have.

Been playing recently on NA East... while I get ping and lag issues, on the other hand MM doesn't seem as drunk as NA West.

Also, hilariously, in less than a week I have ground out almost 10k free exp on the Matilda, lol.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-08, 00:52   Link #10125
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Tell me something I haven't known for the past 3/4 of a year, Sherlock. Ever since I got my first tier 8, I've been seeing those 183s get instantly vaporized on the battlefield. I've looked up topics on the TD extensively to determine whether I wanted it, and I've seen several people comment on how it's the ultimate arty bait. I actually knew what I was getting into when I bought the 183 and pressed the "battle" button.
Not really i survive almost half the games i played. It has the highest survival rate amongs all of my Tier X and IX besides JgTiger and i rarely camp with TD.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 01:10   Link #10126
Gravitas Free Zone

Tier 4 TDs are generally quite useable vehicles, though. I had very little trouble reaching Tier 5 very quickly with any of them (though I did skip the SAu 40 entirely).

The Pz38nA and A-20 (to a lesser extent the derpgun Stuart) would be okay if they had normal MM instead of Tier 8 scout MM. (With the decline of SPGs lately and the availability of higher-tier fast mediums and lights, which are as fast, have as good or better view ranges, have more HP, and tier-competitive armament, Tier 4 scouting in high-tier games is pointless—8.6 was the point where keeping my 38nA really got silly.)

The T-28 has some utility with its speed and the 57mm; it's just too big. The weird playstyle tanks like the AMX 40 and M3 Lee are just there to... annoy.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 02:00   Link #10127
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

In short, barring some exceptions, Tier 4 is suffering. Though I think the Valentine and T-28 were the least suffering for me. I don't really consider the Matilda suffering though. Matilda troll armor, bounces everything T4 and below (that's not a TD) until you run into a T5.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-08, 08:20   Link #10128
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Tier IV is quite comfortable when your mostly in tier III-IV games but when you start getting thrown into tier V-VI all the time its starts to feel like an uphill struggle.

I remember back when the Luchs was in tier III and it was an awesome tank and able to hold its own against anything up to tier 4 and in some cases tier V but when they moved it up a tier they pretty much killed it as you starting seeing tier VI often which meant that anything could pretty much 1 shot you.

I could probably count on 1 hand how many luchs I've seen ingame since they brought it up a tier...

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 09:53   Link #10129
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

non-comprehensive list of awesome tier 4 tanks:
- The SU-85B shits out dps like crazy and works just as well against KV-1S's as it does against Matildas.
- The M8A1 does mostly the same thing but also goes really fucking fast, plus it has amazing view range and a turret
- The Pz.Sfl. IVb is a pretty good SPG
- The Hetzer is a hilariously gimmicky oneshot derp machine with the 10,5cm gun and a decent "serious" TD with the better 7,5cm one

I'd say the Matilda is also pretty awesome but while it's a monster in tier 4 games, it suffers badly from the KV-1S infestation that plauges tier 6 games and tends to get oneshotted unpleasantly often in such matchups, and it's too slow to get away.

Also, if you like scouting, can't go wrong with either the Luchs or the T-80. The latter is surprisingly durable (it has 350 HP, more than the Matilda) and gets a pretty funny peashooter of a gun that does like 50 damage per hit but has decent penetration as well as amazing accuracy and RoF. It's great at dealing with those obnoxious Pz I C's, their rounds just bounce on you while you can kill them really easily with a few well-placed hits.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 10:08   Link #10130
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Didn't know you played tonks, TheFluff. At first I thought I was in the wrong thread.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 11:03   Link #10131
Blaat

Yeah I thought I accidentally ended up in the fansub forum.
Old 2013-10-08, 11:12   Link #10132
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Didn't know you played tonks, TheFluff. At first I thought I was in the wrong thread.
playing tanks and posting about them on an anime forum I don't read very often are two different things

I just happened to be passing by, but I guess I'll leave this here for your enjoyment

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

bonus "topical" thing found in his other uploads:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 11:22   Link #10133
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Trolled 2 HTs(T1 Heavy and Kv-1) with my crusader today. When I killed those two heavies in one match, their reaction was quite hilarious : they(the players who I knocked out.) start calling me a noob after I killed them with this pattern: De-track, carousel, auto aim and fire, repeat the step 1 till they died done

Had a bad game with my Matilda because of this 'freevergame'(I`m gonna kill this player once I cross paths with that noob). That player is an afk, we were supposed to win if he only move early in the match BUT NO he later moved when we were like 4 of us left( 2(Matilda and AMX 40[duck?] on my team while the other is T40 and M3 Stuart). When he moved(I reported that piece of baka for being idle), he got killed because he has like 30 hp left. In the end, the damn t40 spotted me and landed a shot that ends the game. I got mad at him for being afk and he finally moved for how many minutes left, I swear if I meet that guy again Im gonna kill him whether he`s on my team or not.

There`s also a transfer to ASIA server, be wary of 'freevergame' in your matches if you ever transfer to Asia server (He`s a afk noob, he became my team mate for second time! ). That player is so much of a noob, I mean bots annoys me alot more.If only the training room is highly customizable : Where you can choose tanks and custom names, I`m gonna train there and blow some steam.

There was this thing I had done with my M3 Lee(Stupid left side part), the player and I started doing the 'Like a Boss' WOT style! All players in both teams were laughing

EDIT: Oh and one more thing, check his profile out. He sucks more than me(Check the sig below, it contains my WOT profile)

Here`s the afk noob`s profile : http://worldoftanks.asia/community/a...5-freevergame/

When I first take a look at it, he only played WOT 9/14/12. All I can say is that he sucks more than me [I mean compare it to mine]

Last edited by Silver-Throne; 2013-10-08 at 11:32.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 17:46   Link #10134
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
I swear if I meet that guy again Im gonna kill him whether he`s on my team or not.
"World of TK vengeance"

I commented on some losses with "I should have killed you myself" for the last tank (usually an out-of-role camper) to be holed a few times myself
Old 2013-10-08, 20:25   Link #10135
Gravitas Free Zone

Rather than waste my hard-earned free XP, I actually got an M5A1 Stuart (but only a 75% crew) so that I could at least reach the Type T-34 on the Chinese line.

Matchmaker will give the first game at top tier, after that all bets are off. So of course the second game is a Tier 7 scouting job on Tundra (hey, better than Himmelsdorf, I suppose).

I knew this going in. I'm just expecting that the next 72 hours or so of expected grinding will be extremely bad for my performance ratings.
Old 2013-10-08, 21:40   Link #10136
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

what your WoT name, TheFluff?
Old 2013-10-08, 21:54   Link #10137
Gravitas Free Zone

Speaking of the futility of Tier 4 scout MM, I just played a game of Siegfried Line where I took the M5A1 out across the field flank to scout. I received no spotting damage XP because even though I was slightly in front, the 59-16 that followed along with me had a better view range (we were both running coated optics) and got all of the tags.
Old 2013-10-08, 23:26   Link #10138
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So new interface for 8.9, and a look at some future tanks:

BRUMMBAR

Also, why do we get the Panzer IV with complete Schurzen gear as a captured Soviet tank

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 00:22   Link #10139
Gravitas Free Zone

The Soviet PzIV is Tier 7????! Even the PzIV Schmalturm is only Tier 6... what does the T-4 come with, a 107mm cannon?

Also note next to it the apparent captured Soviet Panther.

Of course, with WG probably manipulating these leaks, it would be amusing to create misinformation.

Meanwhile... the M5A1 grind is not actually completely horrible; even without a 100% crew and my not bothering to get the top radio, I am already at 13000 XP. I got Defender once and Scout twice, and have managed to kill a whole bunch of SPGs.

I still don't want to do this ever again. Though after I unlock the Type T-34, I will have unlocked/own all of the Tier 5 regular tanks, only missing the Chaffee and the SPGs for America, Britain, France (the leFH18B2 doesn't count), and USSR.

Also, did anyone else's copy of the WoT Statistics program break itself on this update?
Old 2013-10-09, 00:23   Link #10140
Sumeragi
Banned

Those are placeholders. In fact, from what I know the Tier VI TD is named Sturmpanzer IV.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks