AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-01-06, 21:07   Link #61
rladls2121

I feel dizzy from watching this.
I wonder if that glasses wearing female is already eaten.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 22:06   Link #62
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Yuri eating bears but those bears are cute
Old 2015-01-06, 22:07   Link #63
Eragon
Still Alive

I didn't even understand why they kept repeating "I won't give up my love for you" for the first 10 minutes. Or maybe that was just the turrible subbing which made me miss some dialogue.

And, phallic imagery in a lesbian scene. That didn't take long. Also, T&A transformation sequences topped off with a nice helping of kitty - or bear in this case (?) - paws and bear ears. That's all I need to know about this show.

The final scene is the only redeeming factor of this travesty of an episode. One more chance and if its stays like this then, I'm out.
Old 2015-01-06, 22:44   Link #64
Mitcher
Ultimate Ojou

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
I feel dizzy from watching this.
I wonder if that glasses wearing female is already eaten.
Well, we get to see Lulu and the other one eating someone in the same place the girl with glasses promised to be. The corpse may be hers.

Last edited by Mitcher; 2015-01-06 at 22:59.
Mitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 23:19   Link #65
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

*watches the whole episode*

.........................wtf, are they actually eating those girls......was hoping eating=kissing, not that sick shit

1 more episode for this to make sense or im dropping till it finishes then just fast forwarding to the yuri parts lmfao
Old 2015-01-06, 23:31   Link #66
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

EH...

I'm not sure exactly what I just watched. It looked a totally yuri episode between two females, but then these cute menacing bears dropped in stalking our yuri duo. The bear three stooges showed up later having macho bear-fest that ended up with the two bears girls giving the human girl a blowjob?!

Old 2015-01-07, 00:11   Link #67
Esclair

I don't know what i just watched...

but I liked it

Also, the most SHAFT like non-SHAFT production I've seen in a while.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 00:33   Link #68
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
I didn't even understand why they kept repeating "I won't give up my love for you" for the first 10 minutes. Or maybe that was just the turrible subbing which made me miss some dialogue.

And, phallic imagery in a lesbian scene. That didn't take long. Also, T&A transformation sequences topped off with a nice helping of kitty - or bear in this case (?) - paws and bear ears. That's all I need to know about this show.

The final scene is the only redeeming factor of this travesty of an episode. One more chance and if its stays like this then, I'm out.
Yeah and the wall they kept talking about sounded a lot like a hymen, seriously this whole episode was just bombarding people with sexual and yuri imagery, at one point I had to pause just to give my eyes a break.

P.S. I approve of your avatar ... I see what you (unconsciously?) did there.

Last edited by Flower; 2015-01-07 at 01:36. Reason: Please do not double post ...
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 00:40   Link #69
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
I don't know what i just watched...

but I liked it

Well, you may thank SILVER LINK for doing the animation. After all, they were inspired by SHAFT in the first place.

Also, poor Sumika... I'll miss her!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 01:10   Link #70
TJR

On a related note, an ex-Brains Base company (Lapin Truck?) is providing animation production assistance. If Girlfriend Beta (Silver Link/C-Station) is any indication, episode production may alternate between the two companies.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 01:18   Link #71
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Pffft!

Ikuhara was SHAFT before SHAFT became SHAFT.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 01:29   Link #72
kuromitsu

Yeah, just look at Utena, especially the movie. When I saw my first "SHAFT" SHAFT show I was like "well, someone has been watching too much Utena..." (They actually worked on that show in some capacity.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 03:41   Link #73
RoboMambo

I feel this episode was just pile of wackyness, crass symbolism and lesbians. As if Ikuhara decided to write a show based on a tweet by someone mocking his style. Or decided Penguindrumm needed less of everything and more lesbians.

I'll give it a chance, because I love Utena (although I'm only lukewarm about Penguindrum). But my mood while watching varied between dejection and frustration, so I don't expect it to go anywhere above passable anytime soon, unless it does some kind of bait-and-switch, which would be a problem in itself.

And damn, I'm sick of permablushing.
RoboMambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 04:05   Link #74
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Shit.. what did i just smoke again?

Apparently i am seeing talking bear, eating human, while declared their love, after being approved by 3 half-bear judges. There's more meta in the first episode of this series, than half a season of Utena or Penguindrum

Will continue to watch this through
Old 2015-01-07, 04:43   Link #75
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

And this why drugs are bad for you. This one's almost at the level of ME!ME!ME!.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 05:16   Link #76
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboMambo View Post
I feel this episode was just pile of wackyness, crass symbolism and lesbians. As if Ikuhara decided to write a show based on a tweet by someone mocking his style. Or decided Penguindrumm needed less of everything and more lesbians.
I'm kind of comforted that evidently I'm not the only one who feels this way. As I said earlier, perhaps all this money would've been better spent if Ikuhara got a huge stick (phallic object!), labeled it "LESBIANS!!!" and ran around slapping people with it.

I mean, of course I'll give this show a chance, but with only 13 episodes (am I right? this is only cour, right?), and the amount of creative autofellatio in this episode, I'm not exactly hopeful.

(I'm really starting to think that Utena was the pinnacle of his career, and the more I see of his later works the more I'm certain that the rest of the staff - actual writer Enokido Youji, etc - had a lot to do with that...)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 05:19   Link #77
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Come to think of it, why this show needed a courtroom anyway when Life Beauty's arguments will be valid most of the time anyway?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 05:45   Link #78
novalysis

Ok, so from what I can make up, four themes are running simultaneously:

Repression and conformation to Social Norms
Yuri and Homosexuality (obvious)
Bestiality
Cannibalism

The first two are obvious and low hanging fruits for social commentary. The last two crosses into the taboo. I suspect, there's another argument the author is putting of - if you accept Homosexuality on the grounds of consent, in a world where an animal species becomes sentient, there cannot be objections to bestiality either, if both parties consent. Basically, the relationship of the bears and the MC seems to be headed towards consensual homosexual bestiality, and I think it's the author's way of "art", if one accepts the interpretation that art has to touch on the taboo.

Unfortunately, the narrative is jumbled up, confusing and arrogantly obtuse.
I suspect it is deliberate, and the intent is for a "dream within a dream" , Russian Doll world approach, with some elements of Inception thrown in. I doubt that the city is actually in a "real world". In-fact, I also doubt that the overall series narrative is going to be linear, to begin with.

But other than that, I have no idea where are they going with this piece of lunacy.

Last edited by novalysis; 2015-01-07 at 06:17.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 06:12   Link #79
Maxulous
mono no aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
(I'm really starting to think that Utena was the pinnacle of his career, and the more I see of his later works the more I'm certain that the rest of the staff - actual writer Enokido Youji, etc - had a lot to do with that...)
SKU certainly benefits from a longer run and a more structured narrative composition, but that element was the most pedestrian part of the show. Like Penguindrum also provided the audience with a discernible premise.

I have reservations about some of the choices made in YKA ep 01. I ponder the lack of a grounded narrative to compliment the symphony of symbolism/eccentricity (which was pretty tame by Iku's standards if you ask me), but it's way too premature to dismiss the show as a pretentious wreck. Some are even passing hasty judgment on the face value alone. Understandable if you are new to Ikuhara's work, but a novice mistake if you aren't.
Maxulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 06:15   Link #80
Chosen_Hero

That courtroom was the weirdest I've ever seen at least since Penguidrum. It did remind me of Penguidrum where they would go and meet their sisters other persona in whatever that place was and it seems that they work mostly on bias just like on Penguidrum (one brother getting better treatment than the other in Penguidrum, while here they seem to like calling someone who actually tries to side with humans is biased) haven't seen enough to actually say it teally is bias but still it looked that way to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Korrasami fandom has some of the best artists I have seen. Anyone would think that my avatar was a legitimate thing that happened in the show

And, Korrasami is cannon. Both of the writers of The Legend of Korra confirmed it after the series ended. People in the fandom are still ecstatic over it
Don't worry I know, I watched it when it was released, loved it and approved of the ending, those that don't like it well their loss.

The art still keeps me checking the tumblr page it's like they were hit by some godly revelation, everytime I see the quality of art they keep posting my jaw just drops.

Tags
surrealism, yuri