AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-26, 01:21   Link #1781
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Unhappy

IDK why, but those scenes with Rin fantasizing about Aoki (or maybe Aoki fantasizing about Rin, I don't remember) were just too much for me. I was perfectly fine putting up with the loli since I think it's a fantastic manga, but this chapter was just too much for me to handle. It's strange, because I'm sure I've seen worse stuff in this manga and it's never made me feel uncomfortable enough to stop reading, but I guess I just reached my loli limit. It's a shame, since I really like the series, but the ecchi loli scenes are just too much for me. To be fair, it does seem like the author has been using these types of scenes less frequently as of late, but I'm going to have to stop reading this manga, anyway. I feel bad about dropping one of my favorite series' simply because I'm too squeamish, but it's hard to enjoy good manga if it makes you cringe.

I'm really sorry for being such a downer, but I just had to get all this off my chest.

P.S. Is there anywhere other than this thread where I can find summaries of the chapters as they're released? I'd still like to see how the plot develops even if I'm unable to bring myself to continue reading the manga.

Last edited by Nappy Hared Azn; 2012-06-26 at 01:56.
Nappy Hared Azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 08:51   Link #1782
Sxerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappy Hared Azn View Post
P.S. Is there anywhere other than this thread where I can find summaries of the chapters as they're released? I'd still like to see how the plot develops even if I'm unable to bring myself to continue reading the manga.
I don't think there are any places at the moment that have summaries. The KnJ Wiki is set up for such a thing but no one has had the time to write them yet.
Sxerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 12:47   Link #1783
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
IDK why, but those scenes with Rin fantasizing about Aoki (or maybe Aoki fantasizing about Rin, I don't remember) were just too much for me.
That bothered me a little too. But I have to get really REALLY offended before I drop a manga. My tolerance is pretty high I guess...
Old 2012-06-26, 16:31   Link #1784
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Some things were definitely... unexpected. Not really what I read Kodomo no Jikan for, but I enjoyed the AokixRin fantasizing a lot.

The whole "am I a part of you" thing was really sweet.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 01:00   Link #1785
Random32
Also a Lolicon

So, 85.

Spoiler for 85:

Also, anyone still reading? Usually I am alerted of a new chapter by people posting on this thread. This time it seems like I'm the first one posting.
Old 2012-07-24, 19:55   Link #1786
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
Also, anyone still reading? Usually I am alerted of a new chapter by people posting on this thread. This time it seems like I'm the first one posting.
I'm still reading, but a little unclear where this is going. It seems like both of the "men" are retiring, which will leave our poor protagonist wondering why all her loves have left. Add in that one of them sounds like he's thinking of retiring in a pool of blood...

Hope it's just the transition to something else and not a "Butcher Gen" ending we're heading for.
Old 2012-08-23, 19:40   Link #1787
ShiroiRyu

Was a ok chapter.
Not the best but not the bad.
Old 2012-09-03, 21:57   Link #1788
Shadow5YA

So chapter 86 is out.

... huh, so that's why the playboy mark is a bunny? I never knew even though it was so obvious.

And Reiji's life insurance thing worries me a bit. I get the feeling he's going to kill himself and give the money to Rin.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 09:45   Link #1789
Dark Wing

I really doubt Reiji's going to do that and even if he's thinking about it I'm sure Aoki will step in and kick some since into him after all life insurance companies don't pay out if a death is due to suicide...and Boin sensei thinks Aoki is gay again...

Also shame on the light wights who dropped this series on account of one fan-service chapter if seen enough anime and manga you know it happens so deal with it. My opinion of course but still.
Old 2012-09-06, 23:03   Link #1790
User68604
Disabled By Request

The latest two chapters were great. Starts off with some hilarious ecchi Aoki x Rin scenes followed up by some nice "fighting" between the two. I can't wait to see how they develop over time.

Drunk Hoin-Sensei is hilarious. "HAVE SEX WITH ME!" to those random guys and then starts molesting Shirai-Sensei. Rofl.

The misunderstanding regarding Aoki x Hoin at the camp is finally out in the open.

Rin's looking good. (nopedo)
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 16:09   Link #1791
Kokujin-kun
born black and born poor
*Fansubber

Quote:
IDK why, but those scenes with Rin fantasizing about Aoki (or maybe Aoki fantasizing about Rin, I don't remember) were just too much for me. I was perfectly fine putting up with the loli since I think it's a fantastic manga, but this chapter was just too much for me to handle.
Hmm, I thought the fantasy sequence in chapter 80 was much worse, since it involved actual rape
Kokujin-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 16:22   Link #1792
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
after all life insurance companies don't pay out if a death is due to suicide
Just noticed this.

Japanese life insurance companies do tend to pay out to suicide deaths.
Old 2012-11-21, 12:22   Link #1793
SidVicious
Anime addict

Kodomo no Jikan Manga to End Soon

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ga-to-end-soon
Old 2012-11-21, 13:03   Link #1794
defki

Huh why? Damn I hope we get at least a decent ending. I am kinda worried now.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 14:06   Link #1795
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Huh why? Damn I hope we get at least a decent ending. I am kinda worried now.
You are not implied that it's going to be rushed or something, huh? After all Watashiya has been building up the ending for a while (aka, a point of change for Rin & Aoki's relationship).
Old 2012-11-21, 14:26   Link #1796
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

I too hope that the ending won't be rushed...
Old 2012-11-21, 14:46   Link #1797
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
You are not implied that it's going to be rushed or something, huh? After all Watashiya has been building up the ending for a while (aka, a point of change for Rin & Aoki's relationship).
Well whenever there is this kind of announcement I always get uneasy because most of the time it means it will end in the next few chapters. I want a real closure and no open end or something rushed.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 19:56   Link #1798
User68604
Disabled By Request

If there is anything but an Aoki/Rin ending, I'll be pretty pissed.
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 20:53   Link #1799
Miraluka
Banned

So its coming to an ending, finally, I think this has been dragging for long and even if the author pulls out "disturbing" scenes through Rin, they're not as striking as I used to feel them.

So far I see no solid basis to see a "Rin/Aoki" ending, the only way to make it possible would be by forcing a chang in the few chapters left, by derailing Aoki's character or making a years time skip where the characters come to an understanding but, its unlikely given the way the author does the manga.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 04:34   Link #1800
SidVicious
Anime addict

Maybe will be like in Cardcaptor Sakura (with the teacher and Rika).

He will wait for her to grow up.

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen