Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-08, 20:08   Link #21
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Hmm. So if Flare's correct, and Persona 5 is released next year, maybe the story will take place 2017-2018. (Persona 3 was released 2006 and covers 2009-2010, Persona 4 was 2008 and spans 2011-2012) Hope so; one of the fun aspects of the Persona games is feeling as though I'm drawn into the future for a little while. That would make me 29-30 during Persona 5, which would make me an 'old man' character by JRPG standards.

Wow, 5-6 years since the last numbered title...Even with P3P and P4G inbetween it's still a hell of a long time.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 20:49   Link #22
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, but this has probably been coming for a while now. It's not like they are suddenly starting development. It would be rather odd to see Persona 3 and Persona 4 on the PS2 (and Vita) then suddenly shift over to Nintendo's handheld for P5.

I don't think you'd rule it out, but I wouldn't actually bet on it.
Nintendo buying Atlus would be great for European fans as that means they'll probably see a regular release of titles. It'd be terrible for North America since NoA seems very reluctant to localize any niche games. It's not a likely combination since Nintendo is looking to maximize profits for this fiscal year, and buying up a developer is going to work against that.

Any fears of Microsoft buying Atlus are probably unfounded. The two companies are terrible fits for each other. Microsoft is looking for heavy hitters and Atlus doesn't fit that bill. Atlus would want the freedom to pursue their own projects and Microsoft is unlikely to allow that. Besides, I doubt that Microsoft would want another developer to pull attention from what they're trying to do with their Osaka studio.

Sony and Atlus do fit each other pretty well. As seen with thatgamecompany, Sony has demonstrated the patience to let their developers explore new and unusual and not necessarily profitable ideas. Sony also seems to be interested in building a presence in JRPGs, and Atlus' offerings would complement that quite nicely. Finally, most of Sony's development teams have moved onto PS4 production, so having a new developer make games for PS3 and Vita would sustain the platforms for a little while. The only question is whether Sony is interested in ponying up the cash. This will mean that we'll never see Etrian Odyssey V on the 3DS, and that SMT x FE is likely dead.

I still think that it's more likely for a third-party publisher to pick Atlus up. Hopefully it'll work out for the fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wow, 5-6 years since the last numbered title...Even with P3P and P4G inbetween it's still a hell of a long time.
It was 11 years between SMT III and SMT IV, and 6 years between Persona 2 and 3. I think that Atlus is reducing the time between releases!
Old 2013-07-08, 20:53   Link #23
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Question is, what would people like more? New Cast, or a new adventure featuring the group from P4A?
Old 2013-07-08, 20:53   Link #24
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
It was 11 years between SMT III and SMT IV, and 6 years between Persona 2 and 3. I think that Atlus is reducing the time between releases!
Wait, so the two years from Persona 3 to Persona 4 is actually the Anomaly ?
Old 2013-07-08, 21:04   Link #25
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Question is, what would people like more? New Cast, or a new adventure featuring the group from P4A?
Atlus has never been big on cast continuity, so I think that most fans would want to see new adventures with a new cast. Maybe they can move away from the high school settings as well.

Quote:
Not entirely. Atlus has been known to make two-game series like Persona 2 and Digital Devil Saga. And there's a number of series that have releases fairly close to each other: Devil Survivor (sort of), Etrian Odyssey, the Raidou Kuzunoha Devil Summoner games.

I don't think that Persona 4 was planned as a quick follow up though. It probably was made because Persona 3 was a lot more successful than expected. I wouldn't be surprised if it used a lot of ideas that had been dreamed up, but couldn't make it into Persona 3.
Old 2013-07-08, 21:08   Link #26
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I personally want to see the storyline started in P4A complete but I have a feeling that we might get another fighter to do it. But, if that's out of the equation, I wouldn't mind getting a new team that happens to meet up with the folks from P4A to finish that storyline. Maybe even get some of them in the group (Labrys maybe?)
Old 2013-07-08, 21:25   Link #27
Xacual

Quote:
I'd like a new cast with shout out / cameos to events in the previous games, like when Rise comments about singing at the club and the power going out talking about what happened in 3.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 21:41   Link #28
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Well it's more about where the direction of the series needs to go. I personally would prefer a new cast (college or university level) and a more darker tone and premise like what 2-3 had.

However there are this some complications regarding this.

The Persona 4 main story line is pretty much finished if you complete P4G and seen it's epilogue. P4A is another story since it's a fighting game spin-off/sequel to 3-4, and the story is still unresolved because of the fact we still don't know who was behind everything during the events of the games story mode. I think we have an idea who it might be, but wouldn't say anything.

Hopefully Atlus and Arc System Works announce an update after when Evo ends because the game pretty much reached its infancy, and I'm afraid most people will drop it completely when it ends.

The matter of Persona 3 still remains somewhat unresolved.

Spoiler for P3-4 & Arena Points:

Quote:
It's hard to say, but I don't really think so since the events of 3-4 are unrelated and somewhat connected in some way. P4A can be considered a prime example to this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I personally want to see the storyline started in P4A complete but I have a feeling that we might get another fighter to do it. But, if that's out of the equation, I wouldn't mind getting a new team that happens to meet up with the folks from P4A to finish that storyline. Maybe even get some of them in the group (Labrys maybe?)
If they do update the game, I hope they add Junpei, Yukari, Ken etc as playable characters because I'm interested in knowing what happened to them after the events of 3. Add some past characters from 1-2 for more viability for character cast, but I don't know how they'll fit in the overall pacing of the story (fighting game wise). Labrys will most likely be put in again because she was the overall important character in P4A and seemed dead set on catching the one responsible during the events of the game.
Old 2013-07-08, 22:20   Link #29
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'd like a new cast.
They could just make cameos for P3 and P4 characters for P5

As for continuing P4A's story, They can either make a new P3 sequel like P3FES's The Answer arc or make another fighting game

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 22:31   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
I'd probably be selfish and ask for both .

With how P4A ended I can't see them not giving it some sort of sequel. Whether that's a new fighting game or an RPG follow-up I have no idea.

At the same time I'd like to see a new cast for Persona 5. I like the P4 cast, but they have been around since around the end of the PS2 life cycle. A new group could be just as likeable.
Old 2013-07-09, 15:40   Link #31
Dextro
He Without a Title

Another thing that's intriguing me: what will they do regarding Igor? Have we seen the last of him on Persona 4? Will they come up with a way to change his voice? Is the velvet room gone? Any ideas?
Old 2013-07-09, 15:57   Link #32
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Another thing that's intriguing me: what will they do regarding Igor? Have we seen the last of him on Persona 4? Will they come up with a way to change his voice? Is the velvet room gone? Any ideas?
That's a good question considering that didn't Igor's Japanese seiyuu die or whatever? I don't remember. If that were the case, I wonder if they'll get another seiyuu to voice him or simply replace his character. I hope that's not the case because he's a really unique and cool supporting character, at least to me.

As for a Velvet Room location... 3 was in an Elevator, 4 in an limosine, how about in 5 it'll be a garden or a fancy cafe of sorts? At least with a garden or a cafe it will set the mood for having a relaxing atmosphere compared to 3-4 which looked sort of cramped and gloomy.
Old 2013-07-09, 15:59   Link #33
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
I don't think they'll get rid of Igor due to the fact that he seems to be integral to games itself, and he's too cool of a supporting character. What also worries me is that didn't Igor's Japanese seiyuu die or whatever? I don't remember.
Yhep the seiyuu (Tanonaka Isamu) has passed away recently. That's why I asked.
Old 2013-07-09, 16:10   Link #34
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Velvet room: originally I was going to say plane, but that is too similar to a limo.
3 and 4 brings forth the concept of the room being the journey to reach out to an unknown destination. I would like to see the idea get carried forward.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 16:16   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
As to what to do with Igor, I'd probably lean towards using a new VA. Though might be easier to say since we've survived the voice changes to the English voice cast in just Persona 4 to Persona 4: Golden. But I'm sure losing an iconic voice on the Japanese side would be tough to simply replace.

Hard to guess what we'd get for a new Velvet room until we know something about the plot. An elevator going upwards or a limo driving through fog were directly connected to what the MC was experiencing. Could be just about anything.
Old 2013-07-09, 17:06   Link #36
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Pretty much the same formula is my desire. Expand on the battle system, activities and a lot more interactions as well. Adding multiple endings or at least a social link ending would be welcome edition as well, but we will see. And yeah, all new cast would be preferable as well.
Old 2013-07-09, 17:08   Link #37
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Easy, just show a young bishie Igor with a new VA
Old 2013-07-09, 17:09   Link #38
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I always dreamed of having a lesbian or bisexual 20-something woman instead of high school boy. It may not the best concept but it would be interesting as well as making it sexier for male gamers.

I know Persona 3 PSP is the first to allow you to play as a girl but unfrotunately she wasn't a lesbian(though her relationship with Aigis may count but let's not forget that Aigis is technically genderless).

At least in my imagination the Velvet Room in Persona 5 is a factory. It starts as an old factory with rusty machines but it getting busier as the MC progress.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 17:46   Link #39
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

The battle system def need a lot of improvement. I don't think the legacy system from p3 and p4 is "good enough" for games these days.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 17:58   Link #40
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
The battle system def need a lot of improvement. I don't think the legacy system from p3 and p4 is "good enough" for games these days.
Actually they need to stop remaking it.... since it only pisses off the fans that can't get it in their region.

Tags
persona 5, ps3, shin megami tensei