AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-13, 11:19   Link #41
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
For a start, how about starting NOT as a prisoner >.> I'm a goody two shoes dammit >.>
By boat then?

Heck, I'm all for just emerging out of a pile of rock like that dragon in the trailer.

I'd be all like:

"Rawr, my name is Dragonborne, I own your face"

And then proceed with said face owning with rocks.
Old 2010-12-13, 11:24   Link #42
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
it was so damn hard not to talk about this on the game forums because of the non discloser clause that i signed but i super excited and glad that announcement had a good reception. Its going to be hard to wait for the release the new engine is so smooth.
Old 2010-12-13, 11:25   Link #43
james0246

Quote:
For a start, how about starting NOT as a prisoner >.> I'm a goody two shoes dammit >.>
I don't know about you, but I was a political prisoner...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 11:32   Link #44
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Best option

I started in Anvil for OB (traveling monk aka jedi wannabe ) and started in Hla Oad (I'm a fisherman weee!) in MW. So the possibility is there.. but then, of course, the developer counter the idea with the need to hand guide newbies the art of dungeon delving ... thus, prison start. Again. WITH COMPASS!

>.>
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 11:40   Link #45
james0246

^If Bethesda wants to really make an interesting open, each race could have a unique beginning (ala Dragon Age, etc), but all wind up on the same route to becoming the prophesied chosen one...
Old 2010-12-13, 11:51   Link #46
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

10 different unique beginning? Assuming all races be back? Theorically, very sweet, (altho I doubt I ever start as a beast/orc); practically, nearly 0 possibility (Beth prove me wrong please :3)

Please let cliffracer back to skyrim, I missed those annoying thing .. Makes a good target practice for my fireballs.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-12-13, 12:30   Link #47
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
If Bethesda sticks to that stupid "one word conversation reply" bullshit from TES3 and TES4 and greatly limits meaningful NPC interaction, I won't bother.

If they handle it the way they did FO3, might be interesting. DA2's still what my eyes are fixed on, though.
Old 2010-12-13, 22:07   Link #48
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Plenty of people get jailed unjustly, so imprisonment is not a sign of guilt.

And I also want to mention my desire for official hats. If they are going to penalise magic users by decreasing effectiveness of spells, they better give me the option of wearing a large variety of non-armour clothing that I can enchant.

(I am annoyed also that most of the community-generated clothing sets are armours; They all look good, but damn it I don't want my magic penalty so I can't wear them.)
Old 2010-12-14, 00:28   Link #49
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ I hear you, tho I do think that was due to the fact that we could wear clothing AND armour at the same time.

I dont download modded armour for OB, maybe its because the lack of good companion mod for it .. I have buttload of them for MW tho.. Laura, Laurenna, Constance all wanna look good. Thank god Morgana was a mage like me
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-12-14, 05:02   Link #50
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
stuff you'd like to see in Skyrim etc.
A ebony halberd and actually fashionable light armor. Oh, and snowy landscape with defeated enemies bleeding out. Now that would be just beautiful. Gutting an enemy with a halberd and they fall down bleeding all over the place. :3

I also want a Skyrim Whodunit?! quest. Dark Brotherhood or no, a quest like Whodunit?! would be very much welcomed in my book.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 06:05   Link #51
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
If they could make the NPC more expressive be it in character models and voice acting, we would be getting somewhere
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 06:10   Link #52
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

VA is the chokepoint I think... A huge chokepoint.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-12-14, 06:16   Link #53
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
VA is the chokepoint I think... A huge chokepoint.
Agreed.

In my opinion, MW was just fine, only simple greetings etc, the rest of the dialogue was just text.
It was fine in my eyes, but then in Oblivion they had to go and do VA.
Not that there is anything wrong with that (SEAN BEAN OMG) but yeah they could have done better.
Old 2010-12-14, 06:57   Link #54
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
Agreed.

In my opinion, MW was just fine, only simple greetings etc, the rest of the dialogue was just text.
It was fine in my eyes, but then in Oblivion they had to go and do VA.
Not that there is anything wrong with that (SEAN BEAN OMG) but yeah they could have done better.
I actually don't mind the lack of voice variety, I know how hard it is to hire people for those jobs. It's an unnecessary expense to get too many.
Old 2010-12-14, 07:14   Link #55
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I actually don't mind the lack of voice variety, I know how hard it is to hire people for those jobs. It's an unnecessary expense to get too many.
No no, what I meant was they didn't have to get voice actors for all of the NPC's, they could have just gone with the MW style with just text.
Saving some of the expenses they could have used for something else
Old 2010-12-14, 09:34   Link #56
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
No no, what I meant was they didn't have to get voice actors for all of the NPC's, they could have just gone with the MW style with just text.
Saving some of the expenses they could have used for something else
Thoroughly disagree...not on the expenses (yes it would have been cheaper ). The voice acting, even if a little annoying, added greatly to the emersion. Personally, I didn't really notice that there were only 9-10 NPC actors in the game until 30 or so hours into the experience (though I did notice how similar the character models were between races).

So, my hope is that there are more npc VAs, but even more important, there are more models for the npc designs.
Old 2010-12-14, 10:05   Link #57
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Thoroughly disagree...not on the expenses (yes it would have been cheaper ). The voice acting, even if a little annoying, added greatly to the emersion. Personally, I didn't really notice that there were only 9-10 NPC actors in the game until 30 or so hours into the experience (though I did notice how similar the character models were between races).

So, my hope is that there are more npc VAs, but even more important, there are more models for the npc designs.
One thing I really liked was the voice acting of the feline and reptilian races. I think the voices they used were perfect. Even though I never use either race types for my main character, I always have a blast communicating with those NPCs. Maybe I just liked how the Kajit have moving ears.
Old 2010-12-14, 16:56   Link #58
james0246

One (or two) other thing(s) I hope they improve on (or get rid of): Invisibility. Nothing is worse than fighting a "boss" level opponent, only to have them be defeated every single time by an invisibility spell. Very few spells in the game are as broken as this ability. So, hopefully in the new game they'll add an awareness feature to the enemies, or at least let your enemies also use invisibility. (For similar reasons, I am glad ES: O got rid of flight; it was fun to fly in ES: M (though a little slow), but it was an amazingly broken ability.)

Two, those annoying glitches that let you level up quickly. Nothing is worse (for emersion) than being able to pick Illusion or Alteration, and then just stand in place using a base-level skill and level up repeated without needing to do anything but press a button (strangely, I am okay with Alchemy being a little broken, considering that the potions you create can actually be used and the ingredients have to actually be found/bought, so there is some effort involved, unlike standing in place and using a spell every 5 seconds).
Old 2010-12-14, 17:23   Link #59
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
My guess is that they'd have to change the way experience is earned, perhaps the olde traditional way as it is done in Fallout 3 (killing enemies, solve quests, etc...). I played Oblivion with the EXP mod and it was a tad better, altho the leveling was on the slower side.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 23:45   Link #60
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

God blessed the GCD mod for leveling having 30 hp at the beginning as a mage is awesomely hard tho
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim