AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 24 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 14 16.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 27.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 22.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 14.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.53%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-19, 07:36   Link #21
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
... Is it weird for me to think that this episode's ending credits were a lot more entertaining then the episode itself?
Cheers. I couldn't agree less on the rather poorly done last episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Still I gotta say GJ on JCstaff to follow more or less line by line on the novels, Which is 1 million times better then Shana.
Yet Shana's first season was far more interesting and better done... The mysteries.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 07:51   Link #22
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's just... usually series like this end with a climactic battle. Right now we ended with... speeches. I don't mind the 'goodbye Index' speech, since that one is pretty much mandatory, but we already had the 'it doesn't matter, you're human' speech last episode! What possible use would it be to cut away screentime on what could have been a climactic battle (like, say, have Hyouka and Index team up on Elise?) just so Touma can blab about the exact same thing he did an episode ago? And then they move on to the top of a skyscraper where they do the exact same thing again.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 10:57   Link #23
longshot

at the end of the episode

Last edited by longshot; 2009-03-20 at 01:59.
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 14:29   Link #24
kokolores

Props to JC for for once not ruining a novel adaption. Usually they try to forcefeed us some screwy ending, but this was definitely the right choice.
kokolores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 15:28   Link #25
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And then they move on to the top of a skyscraper where they do the exact same thing again.
Though compared to the other times he blabbered on, at least this scene attracts your attention in a comedic way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot View Post
at the end of the episode

For some reason, nothing in the spoiler tag is appearing in the post. I didn't even know you had anything typed until I quoted you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokolores View Post
Props to JC for for once not ruining a novel adaption. Usually they try to forcefeed us some screwy ending, but this was definitely the right choice.
Well done novel --> Novel rape --> Gets worse
Rather poorly done novel --> No novel rape --> poor material all the same
(-_-)/ JC Staff, banzai~!

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-03-19, 15:40   Link #26
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
To be fair, this is really a 'damned if they do, damned if they don't' moment.

If they change the novel, people will complain they raped the novel.
If they don't change the novel, people will complain about the horrible pacing of the story.

Let's hope they stick to the source with Railgun as they did here, that should give us some quality story.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 16:51   Link #27
Tarepandax3

Does anyone know when season 2 will be released?^^
Tarepandax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 18:30   Link #28
longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Though compared to the other times he blabbered on, at least this scene attracts your attention in a comedic way.

For some reason, nothing in the spoiler tag is appearing in the post. I didn't even know you had anything typed until I quoted you.

yeah i'm trying to figure that out oddly every time i use a spoiler tag nothing ever shows up its really annoying
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 18:44   Link #29
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
So I finished watching the last episode and am left to think...just exactly what did I leave this series with...I mean even now I am confused as to what the actual "story" of this series is all about

Ahh well...that was a good half a year wasted

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 19:50   Link #30
pampz21
ShipCore

is there no 2nd season???there is no report of 2nd season anysone?!af
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 20:10   Link #31
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
No, there isn't. At least, there has been no announcement. The series just ended, you know.

Old 2009-03-19, 21:46   Link #32
ReddyRedWolf

Lol Touma so proud in front of Doc Frog for not taking heavy damage...Wait I take that back two of harem beating him up... Fuku Da!
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 00:21   Link #33
Tarepandax3

Well we should all be surprised to not find Touma in the hospital at the end xDD
Oh btw did anyone notice that the part in the To Aru Majutsu Trailer[towards the end], Touma is running towards Index[I'm guessing he was trying to save her] The background was yellow and feathers were flying down. At first I thought that it would be used at the last episode, but I'm guessing it was intended for episode 6, but never got used
Tarepandax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 14:45   Link #34
TODAY-G

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Just think about that: J.C.Staff also needs money during this crisis and TAMnI is still attractive.So...we'll see
TODAY-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 15:07   Link #35
Nosauz

gah best thing about the end was freaking Railgun series... where touma isn't a pretenious ass and just constantly spews soliloquies I mean Jesus this guy is even more verbose than Hamlet the king of Soliloquies. I think the most frustrating thing about the series, was how good it started, it really was so dense in exposition some times I actually forgot this was an action show. I mean you have a great story that is unique and is quite interesting compared to most shounen but then you take all those great things and ADD TONS OF TALKING HEADS... it felt like meet the press, but the difference is I actually care about what the talking heads have to say in meet the press. Anyway the real let down was the rocket start that just ran out of steam, doesn't mean the show is bad, its just somethings came off as boring.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 17:50   Link #36
pampz21
ShipCore

yeah i guess so...but can't wait for it even if 2 yir has past i'll w8 hahaa!nice episode though you never guess that the series has ended!
Old 2009-03-20, 22:28   Link #37
paptimus
dark nexon

season 1 has ended (incredibly huge sigh) why do they have to ruin my day like that?! although i guess the appearance of the archbishop is introducing season 2 (which is the best thing Ive seen all day-just that scene....can u imagine?).
paptimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 22:37   Link #38
pampz21
ShipCore

wooooo...heard about the railgun thing....can't wait for how they use Touma in railgun....specially Mikoto....!after reading the manga I kinda think i like Mikota....but Misaka Misaka is the best!
Old 2009-03-21, 00:01   Link #39
Man0warr

Obviously they will do a 2nd season, theres still currently 12 novels to animate. and they followed the novels closely, which in turn led to alot of exposition and dull conversations, just like in the novels.

Can't win no matter what they do, if they do original endings like shana and ZNT people freak out but if they follow the novels they get bitched at for not cutting the duller parts of the books.
Man0warr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 03:03   Link #40
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razken View Post
Had to come out of lurking to respond, I think that most would agree that this series stayed blandish and not very entertaining the entire time- with it not getting better but if anything worse

I am sure that most would agree that toradora got better towards the end, and that it had some good moments and actually had people looking forward to the next episode. People who think otherwise to this are ones that expect something like a 1:1 from the novel, or weren't happy with the final pairing and are putting it down because of that. Or maybe it's because of some other lousy reason, like having stopped watching toradora before it got good.

None the less, try asking around and I'm sure that you'd find a majority of the people enjoying toradora over to aru majutsu no index any day. While I won't say that many of the earlier on episodes of toradora were good because they weren't as tamni weren't as well, but it definitely got much better and to a very entertaining point- unlike how to aru majutusu no index was dull the entire series. I hoped that this series would get better like toradora did, but instead tamni fell flat on it's face and didn't bother to stand up.
I've read both in novel form and I'm caught up to both anime wise.
I just find Index to be more interesting.