AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-02-24, 22:02   Link #561
Wrath88
Kissing...

Funniest thing would be that he ends up dying from radiation poisoning, and not from the damage incurred.
Old 2010-02-25, 00:03   Link #562
Cinocard

Lol, funnier thing is that he will mutate into something even more hax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle View Post
So what's next? I'm calling it like this: Yupi and Pufu find the king ripped up and dying. They rush him back to Pitou to heal, but she has already engaged with Gon (as well as Killua & Palm perhaps) and has possibly been defeated. The King will die next to Komugi whispering some retrospective words to sum up his short life.
If things indeed will go along this course, I would like to see the king make a choice between letting Pitou heal him and abbandon Komugi to death, or to have him (or her, is this ever confirmed?) healing Komugi at the cost of his own life. He has lived his life believing in violence and destruction, but it would be nice to let him finally realize that the greatest power is not destruction, but creation, the bestow of life.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 04:16   Link #563
Cipher

With an arm and a leg off, the author seems to be placing Netero at death's feet.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 06:23   Link #564
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

By the way, is it me or are Biktopia's translations really off? Some sentences don't even make sense.
Old 2010-02-26, 06:39   Link #565
fx_omar

hey i was having a question since netero did the explosion he is did???
fx_omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 09:12   Link #566
Cipher

My guess is he's dead. The king lives. hunters retreat, a world war.
Old 2010-02-26, 14:45   Link #567
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

At this point, there are two possibilities, right? King dead, and soon afterwards, other hunters will kill the royal guards and other ants and prevail.
Or, King is alive, no one can beat the hax ants, and well, something like a war happens. Or who knows, maybe we will see some hax hunters too. The mangaka hasn't been exactly restrictive in special abilities recently

I prefer the former, but both doesn't sound good. I mean, King dying from a bombing was NOT what I had in mind at all. Which is why i think latter is more likely.
Old 2010-02-26, 18:04   Link #568
Cinocard

I think its rather certain that the king shall not die here. But what I'm interested about is how a near-death experience, and the experience with fear for the first time in his life, and finally knowing his name (and will probably finally consider himself as an unique individual, not just an abstract symbol of power - the king) will change the king's personality and his outlook to the world.

His character has such a huge potential to develop, and through the battle with Netero, he has gone through many great experiences. Togashi definitely must exploit that potential. Making him ever more brutal and power-hunger with a war is just too wasteful.
Old 2010-02-27, 07:42   Link #569
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

You believe the King will survive this arc? Honestly, Togashi has made it clear enough since the last chapters that the ants are, in the end, not human enough to fit in this world. The panels with Knuckle and Pufu made that abudantly clear I think.

Aside from my personal wish that the ant-arc be laid to rest I think Togashi will close of this arc pretty soon.
Old 2010-03-01, 17:35   Link #570
Key Board
Carbon

I wonder how the next arc will top the scale of these events. Netero died, and Gon will level up like crazy if he survives this.

Perhaps we're getting closer to a Gin arc after all
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 11:58   Link #571
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Spoilers are dodgy at the moment. The only sure thing we know is that, according to this pic, the king seems to be seriously wounded.

Spoilers go along the lines of the King whispering 'my name is Meruem'. Yupi and Pufu crying. Epic pic really.

Even though the titel of the chapter is 'Rebirth', I think it's metaphorical. Judging from the picture he might not even make it out of the underground base.

Edit:
I just read the raw and really one things come to mind:

What the fuck?

I'm not even going to try and explain it's weirdness without any translation. It was..wow..just wow..

Last edited by Animizzle; 2010-03-03 at 12:12.
Animizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 12:44   Link #572
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
I think its rather certain that the king shall not die here. But what I'm interested about is how a near-death experience, and the experience with fear for the first time in his life, and finally knowing his name (and will probably finally consider himself as an unique individual, not just an abstract symbol of power - the king) will change the king's personality and his outlook to the world.

His character has such a huge potential to develop, and through the battle with Netero, he has gone through many great experiences. Togashi definitely must exploit that potential. Making him ever more brutal and power-hunger with a war is just too wasteful.
Hmm..yes I did like that dynamism there. Perhaps we'll see him revived and...the possibilities are endless. A war possibility is not so off, in my opinion. Perhaps he'll want to realize a certain developed vision of his from this experience.
Quote:
You believe the King will survive this arc? Honestly, Togashi has made it clear enough since the last chapters that the ants are, in the end, not human enough to fit in this world. The panels with Knuckle and Pufu made that abudantly clear I think.

Aside from my personal wish that the ant-arc be laid to rest I think Togashi will close of this arc pretty soon.
If that were true, then too bad.
Old 2010-03-04, 21:38   Link #573
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Ha, so the king is alive and well (kinda) after all. This chapter was odd, like one of those odd chapters here and there throughout HxH. Though I guess we can assume the King is out of the fighting force, for now...
Old 2010-03-05, 00:29   Link #574
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Ha, so the king is alive and well (kinda) after all. This chapter was odd, like one of those odd chapters here and there throughout HxH. Though I guess we can assume the King is out of the fighting force, for now...
He's not going to lose his dynamic character and evolve into a simply hungry monster is he?
Old 2010-03-05, 00:34   Link #575
itachi29al

Wow, what the.... just.. wow, i am speechless, what is going on!!???
Old 2010-03-05, 00:54   Link #576
ShadowRift
Aku O Tatsu Tsurugi

I couldn't stop laughing as I read this chapter.

Then I finished it and was just like... wait, what?
ShadowRift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 01:10   Link #577
viperx116

What the hell? I can't tell if this chapter is fake or not.
viperx116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 01:12   Link #578
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
He's not going to lose his dynamic character and evolve into a simply hungry monster is he?
If he turns crazy, I would like to see the level of crazy as he reaps off his own arms and legs and eat them, and then can't stand eating anything else and die of hunger.

Crazy and sounds bullshit, but that's exactly why I like it.
Old 2010-03-05, 01:22   Link #579
AdventSleeper

Wow, those two are sure going through some major ecstasy...
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 01:31   Link #580
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
If he turns crazy, I would like to see the level of crazy as he reaps off his own arms and legs and eat them, and then can't stand eating anything else and die of hunger.
Actually, that sounds very plausible

Tags
overpowered villain