AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-20, 11:12   Link #301
tiya_novlita

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Have you gotten all the Bad Endings and TIPS yet? Those will help clear up some of the other mysteries.

And once you're done with those, read the Infinity Series Timeline, which gives a lot of answers and background information on stuff not covered in the game. You can find just the Remember11 portion on this board, but you can find the entire Infinity Series Chronology with the Never7 english patch. It contains spoilers for the whole trilogy, but you can toggle which games you want to see spoilers for.
I got all 33 endings. But the TIPS is not completed yet. How do I unlock all the TIPS ???
(my clear list showed 100% choices completed, but the messages is still 99% completed. Am I supposed to play again 'til I have read ALL the messages ? Seems like a pretty boring to me, so I'd rather not wasting my time)

Nevermind, I can always look at the TIPS on TLWiki

Yes, I found the TimeLine inside Never7 Folder. Pretty interesting ! But with my limited reasoning and understanding I guess I'll take a look for spoilers and many many many theories from everyone !
Spoiler for timeline:

Last edited by tiya_novlita; 2012-11-20 at 11:33.
tiya_novlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 18:40   Link #302
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Unless my memory serves me wrong, you have to get all the scenes and CGs to unlock all the TIPS.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 14:46   Link #303
VDZ

Quote:
So I was walking around Akihabara today when I came across something I didn't expect- the original Remember11 PS2 First Release Limited Edition! I bought it, and found that it came with two bonuses- a CD (which is basically an hour of Rika Morinaga and Takehito Koyasu talking), and a booklet. The first half of the booklet has character designs and whatnot, but what's interesting is the second half- comments from the staff!

The ones who commented were Takumi Nakazawa (director/main writer), Hidari (character Designer), Kotaro Uchikoshi (writer, going by his Hagane Tsukishio pseudonym here), Takayuki Koshimizu (Event CG and OP sketch designer) Kotaro Aizawa (Event CG and OP coloring/production manager), Taketo Nagai (3D movie designer and logo designer), Norisu (backgrounds), Takeshi Abo (composer), Masamichi Takano (assistant planner), and Hiroki Ito (sprite coloring).

Couple of interesting things I discovered just by skimming it.

-The game was initially conceived by Nakazawa in May of 2002, at the end of Ever17's development. He planned out the plot together with Uchikoshi in January 2003.
-The game was initially not an Infinity game, but a standalone game under the name "Parasite".
-Production of the game began in May of 2003, under the name "Project infinity 3". In September, the subtitle "the Age of Infinity" was added.
That is really, really interesting! Are there any other interesting things in the booklet?

May of 2003, huh? That means it took only 10 months from start of development to release (March 2004), or 12 if counting the plot planning. Considering the game needs to be completed at least a month before release (for final testing, pressing the discs, shipping to stores, etc), that's a surprisingly short development time.

Are there any clues whatsoever to there being problems during development, and Remember11's lack of closure being a result of that? I hear it a lot, but I've never seen any proof pointing towards this being the case, and the more I hear about it the more unlikely it seems:

Spoiler for Contains some (major) R11 spoilers:

Spoiler for Spoilers for Never7, Ever17 and Remember11:

GundamAce, this may be a good clue in solving this mystery, maybe you know this: Is there any specific known reason why Takumi Nakazawa left KID, other than to start his own company (or perhaps that, but more detailed - why did he start his own company instead of staying with KID)?
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 05:45   Link #304
tiya_novlita

Now I've unlocked ALL the tips (but too lazy to read the detailed and complicated ones such as quantum mechanic theory lol)

After I've read several opinions and perspectives from everyone, sounds that my theory earlier was very very stupid

Can anyone translate this site please ? http://web.archive.org/web/201003280...kousatu_c.html
Looks like it provides several informations to clear up some mysteries , but unfortunately, this site is on Japanese, so I can't understand at all T_T (just translate roughly with Google Translate only confuse me)
Apparently only a bit of them have been translated on http://explainremember11.wordpress.com/ but I'm curious for the others !
Old 2012-11-22, 07:24   Link #305
Kaos!

Personally, I would say one of the biggest reason for the lack of closure as compared to the 2 previous works in the Infinity series is due to the change of scenario planner. N7 and E17 were both conceptualised by Uchikoshi, while R11 was conceptualised by Nakazawa. Both have their own style of conceptualising as shown from how the story progress.

A Q&A with Uchikoshi regarding 999's development:

Q: The characters and plot are all really well done in this game. I was just curious as to how you developed them all so well. What do you work on first; plot or characters? How do you know when they're complete? Where do you draw inspiration from?

A: For me, I first start by creating a rough draft of the characters' personalities. Then I make a sort of rough draft of the setting. Next, I figure out the "twist" for the story, and work toward that by coming up with a plot that fits that particular twist perfectly. So the "twist" comes first, basically. Of course, the characters and the setting that I come up with early on almost always end up drastically changed. I write a rough draft, then draw a line, then erase my rough draft, then draw a new line... It's just that process over and over. I don't know when it's "done" until I finish writing the whole script. I always write my stories thinking "I wonder what's going to happen to these guys afterwards?" Overall, I don't change the "twist", but I will change the story A LOT to get to it. So far as inspiration goes, all that I can say is that it mostly comes from me, while I'm writing my drafts. I believe that when I concentrate very hard on writing, all of my worldly thoughts just go away, so perhaps that has something to do with it. Also, this particular idea is in the game as well, but I need some danger to have that moment of clarity and inspiration. The closer I get to a deadline, the more I'll think "Crap! The deadline is coming up!" and that helps me come up with great ideas. So I'll try to work myself into a corner like that, and I also have the product manager and the other people on the team to help me out by getting me into that mode of thinking.

Assuming he does this also with N7 and E17, he thinks up the twist 1st before writing up the scenarios. This results in an explosive twist since the whole story is built around it, but it affects the story in a way that sometimes it feels too forced or too slow in the early to mid stages.(Evident from N7,E17,12R and even 999 to a certain extent)

I'm assuming(from the chinese translation of the booklet), Nakazawa thought of a setting 1st, before sitting down to write. This results in a great storyline, but since the twist was not clearly thought of before that, he digs a hole too large for him to fill, creating an inproper ending . IIRC, there were talks on the development budget as compared to development time which limited them. Not surprising if you look at the complicated system inside R11.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 09:47   Link #306
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
I'm assuming(from the chinese translation of the booklet), Nakazawa thought of a setting 1st, before sitting down to write. This results in a great storyline, but since the twist was not clearly thought of before that, he digs a hole too large for him to fill, creating an inproper ending . IIRC, there were talks on the development budget as compared to development time which limited them. Not surprising if you look at the complicated system inside R11.
That's what I don't get. All signs are that the storyline is very well planned out (everything fits together) and it just isn't all revealed during the game. And with R11 being developed right after the hugely successful Ever17 (though it took half a year before actual development started, meaning financial results of E17 would be in by that point), its development time being really short, and them being able to develop 12Riven for much longer despite R11 not being as successful as E17, I just can't feel that 'they ran out of cash' is a plausible situation.

(By the way, the plot itself was thought up by Nakazawa and Uchikoshi together, based on Nakazawa's idea, so if the plot was undoable and Uchikoshi knew what kind of plots were doable and which ones weren't, Uchikoshi would've solved that problem two months before development.)
Old 2012-11-22, 10:06   Link #307
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

From what I read, the first two things Nakazawa came up with were "snowy mountain" and "transfer phenomenon". Of course, the initial idea for Ever17 was "people trapped in an underwater facility", and the initial idea for Never7 was
Spoiler for Minor N7 spoilers:
so the plot twist wasn't what they always thought up.

Some other sites seem to imply that there was some sort of conflict amongst the staff (Kotaro Uchikoshi using a pseudonym that he's never used elsewhere seems to add credibility to this theory). Time might not have also been the issue, given that Uchikoshi was given a lot of time to write 12Riven (even without the delay due to KID's bankrupcy. Of course, this required him to work in the office for long hours on end, but this is apparently normal for Japanese employees).
Old 2012-11-23, 20:36   Link #308
VDZ

Terabyte discs may be on sale by 2015. That's a couple years late, but still awesome. (via Nakazawa's twitter)

Now it's just a matter of waiting for
-DSM-VI (they're still working on DSM-V, they're pretty slow with that)
-Retinal Scanning Display
-True human-like AI
Spoiler for Remember11:

Wonder if we'll get RSD and human-like AI before DSM-VI.
Old 2012-11-24, 04:02   Link #309
tiya_novlita

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Terabyte discs may be on sale by 2015. That's a couple years late, but still awesome. (via Nakazawa's twitter)
Awesome news !

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
DSM-VI (they're still working on DSM-V, they're pretty slow with that)
Yeah...DSM-V is supposed to out around 2010, but later they hold on it until 2013, unless I'm mistaken
Old 2012-11-24, 10:14   Link #310
Pallero

Hi, i've been reading the end- game speculations everywhere and in most places it's said i should unlock all the TIPS, but i can't find the tip 99, does anyone remember where that one is?
Pallero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 19:22   Link #311
tiya_novlita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallero View Post
Hi, i've been reading the end- game speculations everywhere and in most places it's said i should unlock all the TIPS, but i can't find the tip 99, does anyone remember where that one is?
Spoiler for TIPS 99:
Old 2012-11-24, 19:22   Link #312
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallero View Post
You can read it on TLWiki. If you mean unlocking it in-game, isn't it unlocked along with 98 and 100-110 when you've unlocked everything else?
Old 2012-12-02, 23:44   Link #313
Metaler

So guys, I just finished this game today. Thought it was awesome, though the infodumping was a bit mind numbing. I don't think I liked this as much as Ever17, but it's still an awesome game;

Anyway, I have a question about a certain plot point that was apparently never cleared up in the main story...

Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-03, 00:11   Link #314
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaler View Post
So guys, I just finished this game today. Thought it was awesome, though the infodumping was a bit mind numbing. I don't think I liked this as much as Ever17, but it's still an awesome game;

Anyway, I have a question about a certain plot point that was apparently never cleared up in the main story...

Spoiler:
Standard advice, but get all the TIPS, see all the Bad Endings, and read the R11 portion of the Infinity Series Chronology. The third one is especially important- you can find this on this very topic, or with the English patch of Never7.
Old 2012-12-04, 00:40   Link #315
Metaler

Quote:
Standard advice, but get all the TIPS, see all the Bad Endings, and read the R11 portion of the Infinity Series Chronology. The third one is especially important- you can find this on this very topic, or with the English patch of Never7.
Alright, thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure to look into those.

Still, is there a walkthrough I can find which tells me how I can get all the endings? There are a lot of endings, and trying to find all of them without a walkthrough seems like quite the pain...

EDIT: Nevermind, found one on page 2 of the thread. Thanks for that!

Last edited by Metaler; 2012-12-04 at 02:42.
Metaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 11:41   Link #316
tiya_novlita

Fanart anyone xD ?

Spoiler for Yukidoh twin:

Last edited by tiya_novlita; 2012-12-19 at 18:55.
Old 2013-07-07, 22:03   Link #317
Fuyukawa Kokoro

About Inubushi...

I finished this game, love it ^^

Does anyone know of any game with a heroine like Inubushi (or Hotori while Satoru is at SPHIA?) please? ^^"

It doesn't have to be translated, and eroge is fine. I just found her personality incredibly attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiya_novlita View Post
Fanart anyone xD ?

Spoiler for Yukidoh twin:
Very cute:)

Last edited by Fuyukawa Kokoro; 2013-07-07 at 22:06. Reason: Added my opinion about the fanart
Fuyukawa Kokoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 10:56   Link #318
Gotta Be Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
I think I just realized what "That Guy", "The Shadow", and "Yuni" are.

Spoiler for BIG THEORETICAL ENDING SPOILERS:
This is my own theory about the "shadow", "bible" thing that Matt mentioned... I don't know if anyone said these before because I only read the 1st page.
NOTE: I just got Satoru Chapter Epilogue, I don't have most of the bad ends, my TIPS is incomplete, I didn't read any wiki or discussion about the ending, I haven't play any other Infinite series vn yet.

Spoiler for My opinions and deductions:

Last edited by Gotta Be Black; 2014-01-08 at 06:10. Reason: To add information for Laplace's Demon & Hotori part
Gotta Be Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 17:14   Link #319
VDZ

So today I read the Wikipedia article on the Dyatlov Pass incident, and I couldn't help but note the similarities to the snowy mountain part of Remember11.

Spoiler for Remember11:

I wonder if this incident is one of the inspirations for the events of Remember11.
Old 2016-06-09, 15:26   Link #320
godotwashere

I'd like to start by apologizing for bumping such an old thread, but I see no others related to the question I want to ask. I hope it's a fairly simple one.

Quote:
Hey, I just got the second Remember11 Drama CD. It doesn't continue the story (shame) but it does contain a few other interesting things.

Spoiler for Remember11 Drama CD:
Spoiler for Remember11 Drama CDs:

Quote:
Well, here's Episode 4! I translated this one because it was by far the easiest of the three main stories to translate. Note that unlike the Ever17 CDs, you can listen to these episodes in any order. Here it is!

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGsOD22vRPs

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNL8B_VjBks

Spoiler for Remember11 Drama CD Episode 4: Replay:

Hmm...

Spoiler for End-game spoilers:
Spoiler for Remember11 Drama CDs:

I know this is a very specific and odd thing to ask, but it actually has a big impact on something I'm thinking. If anyone happens to know this information, still browses this place, and can verify that what Gundam posted as a translation was complete, I'd be much obliged.

Last edited by godotwashere; 2016-06-10 at 01:53.
godotwashere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
visual novel