AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-11-16, 16:32   Link #1101
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The delay is a bit unfortunate, but it's only a couple months. We're going to get there eventually .

But yeah thank you dual-audio! I didn't think they were really going to do it. I know people on this side of the game were making the push for them to include it, but it didn't seem very likely to happen. This is a huge deal. For those that don't care it doesn't impact them beyond waiting a bit longer. For those that did want it, this is a massive win .

Now there is a choice. I can go ahead and listen and make up my mind on which to play through when the game comes out.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 16:45   Link #1102
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv168
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 32
To begin with, there is no indication the delay is because of the dual audio feature. If anything, it is very likely localization process is behind that, such as bug/issue with text box, reviewing text integrations, image editing etc.

If the JP voice pack was really the issue, they could simply go gold without it and release the JP pack later.
That delay by itself is way too long just for integrating an option to toggle voices, and that kind of decision ought to be made months ago, it isn't like it is a feature that is decided out of thin air.

Hell, another very likely reason is that they didn't get the rating they wanted for the game and have to revise the specific parts to validate the desired rating.
__________________
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 16:51   Link #1103
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
To begin with, there is no indication the delay is because of the dual audio feature. If anything, it is very likely localization process is behind that, such as bug/issue with text box, reviewing text integrations, image editing etc.
It's not 'very likely'. That is 'exactly' the reason according to the article. Although the dual audio part there kind of stole everyone's attentions
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 16:59   Link #1104
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 30
Quote:
another very likely reason is that they didn't get the rating they wanted for the game and have to revise the specific parts to validate the desired rating.
Didn't the game get near-perfect scores from multiple critics? I don't get it. Anyway, this game's been delayed for so many years, that a few months have become an easy pill to swallow.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 17:03   Link #1105
Sacredus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Valhalla
Only one thing... why as DLC? They could delay it some more to add dual audio to discs...
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 17:03   Link #1106
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The land of tempura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
To begin with, there is no indication the delay is because of the dual audio feature. If anything, it is very likely localization process is behind that, such as bug/issue with text box, reviewing text integrations, image editing etc.

If the JP voice pack was really the issue, they could simply go gold without it and release the JP pack later.
That delay by itself is way too long just for integrating an option to toggle voices, and that kind of decision ought to be made months ago, it isn't like it is a feature that is decided out of thin air.

Hell, another very likely reason is that they didn't get the rating they wanted for the game and have to revise the specific parts to validate the desired rating.
Atlus is sticking with "improving the translation work" as the reason for the delay and I'm inclined to believe them. Probably QA caught some misaligned labels and other minor nibbles during the final pass and they're taking the time to work that in.

Hopefully the dual audio works a bit better than it did in the original Persona 4 Arena game where some parts of the cutscenes didn't have subtitles in them. That was a particular bad job. I also hope they don't region lock the game because of this and that Europe doesn't get shafted with a last minute delay again. That would sting. (I'm still a bit bitter over that can you guys tell? )

Anyway I'm now HYPED AF! Dual audio is the only thing missing from Persona 4 Golden to make it one of the best games of all times and now P5 is on route to avoid that particular sore point.

Meanwhile I just got this in the mail. Right on cue
__________________
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 17:13   Link #1107
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv168
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Didn't the game get near-perfect scores from multiple critics? I don't get it. Anyway, this game's been delayed for so many years, that a few months have become an easy pill to swallow.
Rating as in age rating. For instance, if they aim for a T but ESRB decides to give a M with the current build they have, they would probably have to tweak the localization to have another shot at the rating.
__________________
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 17:24   Link #1108
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 30
Oh okay, that makes sense.
Quote:
I also hope they don't region lock the game because of this and that Europe doesn't get shafted with a last minute delay again.
Region lock is highly unlikely, considering what followed the release of P4A. Getting further delayed...well, you might want to prepare yourself for that
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 17:28   Link #1109
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The land of tempura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Oh okay, that makes sense.

Region lock is highly unlikely, considering what followed the release of P4A. Getting further delayed...well, you might want to prepare yourself for that
Oh I wouldn't be surprised by extra delays, what would surprise me was for the game to be region locked and release 6 months latter in Europe for no apparent reason. Not like that has ever happened before right?

(I just came out of waiting for a couple of months extra for Trails of Cold Steel 2 over the US date so I know this stuff keeps happening in the EU)
__________________
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 17:32   Link #1110
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://www.rpgsite.net/news/5080-per...able-at-launch

Quote:
Cited reasons for the delay include more time needed to refine the English localization. John Hardin - Atlus USA's PR Manager - confirmed during a demo livestream that there will be extra voice work for lines that were not originally voiced in the Japanese release. All DLC from the Japanese version of the game is also planned to release in the west.
Voiced lines that were not originally voiced in the Japanese version, you say?
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 17:40   Link #1111
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 32
Dual audio, whoohoo!!! And the pack is free, too. I'm actually glad the game is getting pushed back, since this way I'll be able to fully indulge in Yakuza 0. I think there's Gravity Rush planned for January too.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 17:44   Link #1112
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The land of tempura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Voiced lines that were not originally voiced in the Japanese version, you say?
I wonder what's that is about. I know nothing of it since I've been trying to keep myself spoiler free.

That comment about the DLC being all planed for the west is just gravy especially with all those battle song ones with the P1-4 tracks.
__________________
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 17:50   Link #1113
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I hope it's just issues with bugs. I'd personally hope they wouldn't dramatically change any scenes just for a better rating.

But probably is issues they had in localizing it. This is a big game and probably a lot of room for troubles to pop up while getting it ready for release outside of Japan. And if that is true what is said above....well recording additional lines could create some delay I suppose. If nothing else more voiced work isn't a bad thing .

It'll get here when it gets here. Just will be glad when the game is out and can focus on talking about how much I enjoyed the game .
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 18:32   Link #1114
Sacredus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I wonder what's that is about. I know nothing of it since I've been trying to keep myself spoiler free.
That was just a error and they already fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
http://www.rpgsite.net/news/5080-per...able-at-launch

Cited reasons for the delay include more time needed to refine the English localization. John Hardin - Atlus USA's PR Manager - confirmed during a demo livestream that there will be extra voice work for lines that were not originally voiced in the Japanese release. All DLC from the Japanese version of the game is also planned to release in the west.

Voiced lines that were not originally voiced in the Japanese version, you say?
Quote:
Cited reasons for the delay include more time needed to refine the English localization. John Hardin - Atlus USA's PR Manager - confirmed during a demo livestream that there will be extra voice work for lines that were not originally voiced. All DLC from the Japanese version of the game is also planned to release in the west.
So as usual, some lines would not have English voice over, now all lines will have it, just like in Japanese dub.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 18:52   Link #1115
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I'm probably one of the few who thinks that both language voice over works has both good and bad in them.

Though I'm bummed that there's a month's time for the delay.
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 19:52   Link #1116
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Discord
Age: 30
I got to be honest guys- I need this delay so I could play Nioh and For Honor first
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 20:58   Link #1117
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I wonder what's that is about. I know nothing of it since I've been trying to keep myself spoiler free.
P5 is not a full voice game in the Japanese version.
There a a number of scenes that are voiceless.

I guess they are just filling in the blank in the US release.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 21:20   Link #1118
Frailty
God General
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
The delay is understandable given that the dual audio thing wasn't originally planned on release
Imo, the delay is welcome because dual audio has been everybody's wish since persona had voice overs

The release date is also my birthday, so thanks Atlus!

With that said, P5 DUAL AUDIO HYPE!
__________________

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-17, 02:32   Link #1119
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Oh I wouldn't be surprised by extra delays, what would surprise me was for the game to be region locked and release 6 months latter in Europe for no apparent reason. Not like that has ever happened before right?

(I just came out of waiting for a couple of months extra for Trails of Cold Steel 2 over the US date so I know this stuff keeps happening in the EU)
Or what would be equally bad in my case: if they decide to scrap the PS3 version and make it PS4 only Even though I'm "trying" hard to win the console until my RL looks better
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-17, 02:38   Link #1120
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I suppose the business angle is also a fair theory. Since they announced P5 for February a lot of games have locked themselves into that early 2017 window. And really if other things have come up then pushing it back a couple months isn't the worst idea.

Just really happy we have the dual audio option. I honestly didn't think it would happen. Oh sure the Rep said he'd make a push for it, but...considering the past it seemed like a long shot. Guess things work out alright after all .

No complaints here. We are steadily getting closer to this coming out and it will be the game of 2017 for me no doubt about that.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jrpg, ps3, ps4

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.