AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-18, 21:45   Link #2401
G0rd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
I just wanted to point out in this thread the theory that 02's recent saurification has been due to emotional distress and nothing else. That we've been mixing up symptoms and causation. She wasn't distressed because of her exaggerated Klaxosaur features, her exaggerated Klaxosaur features were because she was distressed. Episode 14 provides the best proof of this: when Hiro rejects 02 her horns more than double in size overnight. So the question becomes: why did 02's features start to saurify around when Hiro gives 02 her first present?

Given that with episode 14 we now know conclusively 02 has been using Hiro, I think it's safe to say when Hiro gave 02 the mirror the present became a symbol for her reflecting on the nature of their relationship. How trusting he was of her, how he had devoted all his being to her, how well he treated her, and how he was just fodder and being used by her. She began to feel guilt, she didn't like the face her mirror reflected, all she could see was a monster who took advantage of others. This emotional distress began to have a clear impact on her, as her fangs became pronounced.

At this point she stops putting on the romantic charade with Hiro, it's not amusing to her anymore to string him along. She rebuffs his efforts at communication, her mindset clearly described at the beginning of episode 14: she couldn't comprehend why ever she should want to reach mutual understang with some random stamen she was just using, fodder. By episode 11 she breaks the mirror he had given her, and she had promised to cherish. Perhaps a physical reminder to herself that she couldn't grow attached to him, he was simply a means to an end.

By episode 12 her mental distress has become so aggressive her horns have grown and her claws are pronounced. The episode begins with her desperately searching through the library for the children's book. She's trying to remind herself what she's doing this for, that she needs to use Hiro to reunite with her old darling. That has been her goal all along. Hiro's constant concern bites at her conscience, and she tries to placate him with a kiss- only for that gesture to be turned into an expression of his concern for her. He's scared but trying to meet her desires anyway, she can't go through with it. She starts trying to not look at him, ignore him completely. When he finds her at the lake and expresses concern over her once again she repeats her need to kill klaxosaurs and become human to herself. She won't even turn to acknowledge his existence.

When he tells her that she's perfect as she is, horns, claws, fangs included. He stabs her conscience deeply and she screams that he shut up. When he confesses it breaks her to the point she has to deny it totally. He doesn't love her, just lusts for her and is confused. If she gives him sex he'll be satiated and that will be the end of it. Only Hiro doesn't fall for it and is adamant in his affection for her alone. This is when she gives the game up completely and spells it out for Hiro: He was fodder. She was using him. She never cared for him. When she returns to the house she shatters every mirror she encounters, she's so disgusted with herself. Her chest physically hurts with torment over what she has done to him.

She decides to brute force the final stage of the saurification process at the end of the episode, that her resolve is flagging and she has to do it before it gives out completely. Nearly killing Hiro in the process.

The 02 we saw for most the first episodes was a lie, a seductress, the spider symbolism in episode 5 was actually extremely on the nose. But most if not all of us didn't want to accept it in spite of that.
Damm man you are so right at first i didn't want to believe but with all this reasoning you cant deny well done
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 22:13   Link #2402
Blueknight78

Quote:
I just wanted to point out in this thread the theory that 02's recent saurification has been due to emotional distress and nothing else. That we've been mixing up symptoms and causation. She wasn't distressed because of her exaggerated Klaxosaur features, her exaggerated Klaxosaur features were because she was distressed. Episode 14 provides the best proof of this: when Hiro rejects 02 her horns more than double in size overnight. So the question becomes: why did 02's features start to saurify around when Hiro gives 02 her first present?

Given that with episode 14 we now know conclusively 02 has been using Hiro, I think it's safe to say when Hiro gave 02 the mirror the present became a symbol for her reflecting on the nature of their relationship. How trusting he was of her, how he had devoted all his being to her, how well he treated her, and how he was just fodder and being used by her. She began to feel guilt, she didn't like the face her mirror reflected, all she could see was a monster who took advantage of others. This emotional distress began to have a clear impact on her, as her fangs became pronounced.

At this point she stops putting on the romantic charade with Hiro, it's not amusing to her anymore to string him along. She rebuffs his efforts at communication, her mindset clearly described at the beginning of episode 14: she couldn't comprehend why ever she should want to reach mutual understang with some random stamen she was just using, fodder. By episode 11 she breaks the mirror he had given her, and she had promised to cherish. Perhaps a physical reminder to herself that she couldn't grow attached to him, he was simply a means to an end.

By episode 12 her mental distress has become so aggressive her horns have grown and her claws are pronounced. The episode begins with her desperately searching through the library for the children's book. She's trying to remind herself what she's doing this for, that she needs to use Hiro to reunite with her old darling. That has been her goal all along. Hiro's constant concern bites at her conscience, and she tries to placate him with a kiss- only for that gesture to be turned into an expression of his concern for her. He's scared but trying to meet her desires anyway, she can't go through with it. She starts trying to not look at him, ignore him completely. When he finds her at the lake and expresses concern over her once again she repeats her need to kill klaxosaurs and become human to herself. She won't even turn to acknowledge his existence.

When he tells her that she's perfect as she is, horns, claws, fangs included. He stabs her conscience deeply and she screams that he shut up. When he confesses it breaks her to the point she has to deny it totally. He doesn't love her, just lusts for her and is confused. If she gives him sex he'll be satiated and that will be the end of it. Only Hiro doesn't fall for it and is adamant in his affection for her alone. This is when she gives the game up completely and spells it out for Hiro: He was fodder. She was using him. She never cared for him. When she returns to the house she shatters every mirror she encounters, she's so disgusted with herself. Her chest physically hurts with torment over what she has done to him.

She decides to brute force the final stage of the saurification process at the end of the episode, that her resolve is flagging and she has to do it before it gives out completely. Nearly killing Hiro in the process.

The 02 we saw for most the first episodes was a lie, a seductress, the spider symbolism in episode 5 was actually extremely on the nose. But most if not all of us didn't want to accept it in spite of that.

Wow too crazy theory.
go back watch again, her saurification started "before" the gift, it was after the prof franxx talked with her about "she not get too attached" to hiro" go back again, with that "she only used him theory and watch again the episodes, and you see which she was not treathing hiro the same as her previous partners.
Old 2018-04-18, 22:13   Link #2403
TheAlucid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneMika View Post
Damm man you are so right at first i didn't want to believe but with all this reasoning you cant deny well done
Thanks! I just don't like all the implications to this, to be honest. I'm hoping that next episode we'll actually get some form of evidence that 02 did treat Hiro somewhat differently from other stamen even with the theory being the case.

That being said, considering the magnitude of how badly 02 used Hiro and betrayed his trust, I honestly think 02 needs to be the one to fix their relationship at this stage. Maybe a callback to the episode 9 scene where 02 tells Ichigo she would never risk her life to save a stamen like she is. That after Hiro has already solidly demonstrated he's willing to die (and ultimately live) for her, 02 now needs to do the same; and not to "Darling" as an idea, but Hiro as a person.

I also kind of think she might retire the whole "Darling" moniker altogether, as I kind of think the phrase is meant to reduce stamen rather than uplift them. That she's using it as a synonym for fodder, the name for her current victim.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 22:18   Link #2404
G0rd0

Quote:
Thanks! I just don't like all the implications to this, to be honest. I'm hoping that next episode we'll actually get some form of evidence that 02 did treat Hiro somewhat differently from other stamen even with the theory being the case.

That being said, considering the magnitude of how badly 02 used Hiro and betrayed his trust, I honestly think 02 needs to be the one to fix their relationship at this stage. Maybe a callback to the episode 9 scene where 02 tells Ichigo she would never risk her life to save a stamen like she is. That after Hiro has already solidly demonstrated he's willing to die (and ultimately live) for her, 02 now needs to do the same; and not to "Darling" as an idea, but Hiro as a person.

I also kind of think she might retire the whole "Darling" moniker altogether, as I kind of think the phrase is meant to reduce stamen rather than uplift them. That she's using it as a synonym for fodder, the name for her current victim.
I would also like 02 to be the one to try to fix this but i doubt it will most likely be Hiro who will go after 02 after some moping and self pity and try to fix this but it would be nice if 02 is the one to do it
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 22:40   Link #2405
Blueknight78

Quote:

this even make less sense since the "whole darling" was hiro in the beginner and it was only for "the person she was more found" which never was the case of her previous partner, take away that "darling could take aways the means of the anime name.
Old 2018-04-19, 01:00   Link #2406
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

If 02 really is the villain and she would continue her killing spree, that would be another reason to load up on the popcorn.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 04:02   Link #2407
Skaddix

Darling is the name of the show...no way that happens.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 04:27   Link #2408
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
That sure worked at the end right?
Psst, your hate goggles are showing.
The liability is off the team and everybody's still alive. Seems like a net gain to me.

Also I don't actually hate anyone. I'm actually quite confident that 02 will undergo some kind of redemption some time during the episodes that are left. Unlike some people here, I actually think she has it in her to change. I'm just annoyed at how much bullshit people are willfully ignoring just because a girl gets naked a few times.

Also, as much as people seem to think Ichigo is some kind of slut for silly reasons. I see absolutely no reason to believe she wouldn't have left things alone if his life wasn't at risk.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 04:33   Link #2409
RDNexus

According to an interview to Franxx's producer, he claims preference on Zero Two but states that she's not Waifu Material

NOTE: The interview is in Brazilian Portuguese, I haven't looked for an english version of it.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 05:29   Link #2410
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Preview is out .
Spoiler for Ep15:
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 06:29   Link #2411
Sacredus

How to trigger viewers even more after episode 14 fail in 4 simple steps:
  1. Happy Ichigo
  2. Ichigo piloting with Hiro
  3. 02 sad/suffering
  4. Hiro not reuniting with 02

One hit in trailer, 3 and 4 for sure will be hit. If 2nd happen it will be better to not read any anime boards for a while...
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 06:40   Link #2412
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

At this point, the drama surrounding the show has become the show itself. A genius meta move from A-1 and Trigger.

Meanwhile, this thread is fourth in number of posts in this section, only following Dragonball Super, RWBY, and Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V, all shows with VASTLY more episodes out than DitF.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 06:59   Link #2413
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Spoiler for Observation:
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 07:58   Link #2414
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Let 02 enjoy her reverse harem for a while
She will know Hiro is the best in the end
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 08:02   Link #2415
Sakuratsuki

More drama incoming.
Old 2018-04-19, 08:16   Link #2416
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Spoiler for Because this REALLY should be discussed in spoiler tags since it wasn't in the episode:
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 08:33   Link #2417
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Spoiler for Because this REALLY should be discussed in spoiler tags since it wasn't in the episode:
Spoiler for PV:
Old 2018-04-19, 08:35   Link #2418
Mistyclear

Spoiler for ....:
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 09:08   Link #2419
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
How to trigger viewers even more after episode 14 fail in 4 simple steps:
  1. Happy Ichigo
  2. Ichigo piloting with Hiro
  3. 02 sad/suffering
  4. Hiro not reuniting with 02

One hit in trailer, 3 and 4 for sure will be hit. If 2nd happen it will be better to not read any anime boards for a while...
From what the PV tells emo Hiro is back to the bench watching others pilot which means Ichigo is happy until she clashes with 02 mid battle.
Old 2018-04-19, 09:43   Link #2420
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Actually, we have a much bigger plot going on. This is just some teenage drama...

And can I say I predicted that
Spoiler:
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote