AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-16, 14:59   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Infinite Stratos - Character Discussion - Houki

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Houki related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Infinite Stratos fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-01-16, 18:53   Link #2
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

She's so tsundere
Old 2011-01-16, 18:57   Link #3
Belgaesh

I love tsunderes, and Houki is a great tsundere with her monologue during the second episode being lovely.
Old 2011-01-16, 19:22   Link #4
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
I love tsunderes, and Houki is a great tsundere with her monologue during the second episode being lovely.
i like her kind of tsundere where she is aware of her feeling but is really just too shy to act on them and it just comes out like it does.
Old 2011-01-16, 19:24   Link #5
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Pretty cute, but the girls around her seem to just be too high-level.
Like the China girl.
Like Nohohon.
Mainly Nohohon.

Though her attitude definitely won't help her make friends anytime soon...
Sure the protagonist was being annoying, but you didn't have to send him flying... Scared the mob trio away. (´・ω・`)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-01-16, 19:28   Link #6
Belgaesh

Have to wait until the new heroines appear to decide which is best.
Old 2011-01-16, 23:18   Link #7
AlaAlba

I always like a long pony-tailed kendo girl, but I also like the blonde ojou-sama type, hard to choose. and there's also nohohon-san XD

but one thing for sure, her name "broomstick" doesnt appeal that much for me
Old 2011-01-16, 23:24   Link #8
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I'm a sucker for tsundere, and when tsunderism is coupled with kendo practice, it essentially magnifies the tsun part of her.
Old 2011-01-16, 23:34   Link #9
Sixth
Hu Tao

She is my least favorite female character in IS. It is weird for me to dislike her when I love most of the tsundere characters....Funny, isnt it?
Old 2011-01-16, 23:42   Link #10
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Not really, sometimes certain un-likable aspects of ones character can outweigh the fetishes you hold for his/her qualities.
Old 2011-01-17, 04:03   Link #11
cyberbeing

My favorite girl so far. I don't think I would even classify her as much as a hardcore tsundere, as most seem to be doing. So far, all her behavior which could be considered tsun-tsun towards Ichika has had some sort of reason or justification behind it, and she doesn't seem to act tsun-tsun for the hell of it like most tsundere. Could she still be considered tsundere, yes, but I personally don't see it as her defining trait by any measure.

Overall she seems dere-dere when spending time in private with Ichika, with her tsun-tsun side being more targeted towards the other girls.

Quick overview of Houki's actions:

Spoiler for Episode 1:

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Old 2011-01-17, 15:31   Link #12
dark998

Houki....Houki, what to say. Im not very fond of her CV but I don't dislike the character as a whole.
Old 2011-01-17, 15:40   Link #13
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

obviously the main ship. i like her personality too.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-01-17, 15:45   Link #14
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
obviously the main ship. i like her personality too.
definitely the main ship and the one i am rooting for the most but I'm kinda hoping the world governments make an exception for Ichika concerning marriage. I'm sure they'll all want him breeding with their women as the only male IS pilot.
Old 2011-01-17, 17:39   Link #15
Aqua Knight

She's maybe the best harem lead/main ship that I've ever liked in harem series. I agree that she's not total hardcore tsundere, but in some moments she could have acted less tsun-tsun and in some she could have acted less dere-dere.

But that makes her not the typical tsundere, so she's just fine.

PS
I got my Maths for Economists exam in 12 hours , what am I doing here...

Last edited by Aqua Knight; 2011-01-18 at 01:42. Reason: missed "not"
Old 2011-01-17, 17:48   Link #16
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
She's maybe the best harem lead/main ship that I've ever liked in harem series. I agree that she's total hardcore tsundere, but in some moments she could have acted less tsun-tsun and in some she could have acted less dere-dere.

But that makes her not the typical tsundere, so she's just fine.

PS
I got my Maths for Economists exam in 12 hours , what am I doing here...
Well, as long as you don't answer 'Houki' or 'tsundere' in your exam, I think you'll do fine... Hmm, to be honest, I'm not sold on Houki yet, I don't find her too annoying but I don't find her all that special either - hopefully that'll change as time goes and we know more about her. As for now, what I'm most curious about is her IS; after all, her sister is the inventor of IS, so I wonder if she left a special IS for her little sister?
Old 2011-01-17, 23:02   Link #17
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

thing is, there's enough of her dere side that makes me like her. normally, you get a lot of tsun and not nearly enough dere.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-01-17, 23:04   Link #18
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
thing is, there's enough of her dere side that makes me like her. normally, you get a lot of tsun and not nearly enough dere.
They were also childhood friends to inspire this "dere" side. So that's probably the setup that made alot of fans like her
Old 2011-01-17, 23:11   Link #19
Belgaesh

At least she has a "dere" side, some some tsundere of late should be called only "tsun".
Old 2011-01-18, 22:57   Link #20
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Quick overview of Houki's actions:
I'm not sure that you could say that Houki was surprisingly comfortable with Ichika when he walked in on her when she was dressed in nothing but a towel. I get the feeling that she was in shock but quickly recovered once Ichika realized that they were going to be roommates. Even if he had de-escalated the situation by saying "Do you want me to wait outside for a couple of minutes?" it's likely that she wouldn't let him get off lightly once she had gotten into something decent.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters