AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-29, 22:53   Link #61
genryu_black

haha that is why my favorite chara is Kanzashi rather than Tatenashi, she is the Only Sane One.
Old 2014-06-30, 02:38   Link #62
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by genryu_black View Post
haha that is why my favorite chara is Kanzashi rather than Tatenashi, she is the Only Sane One.
- For now.

Who's willing to bet that the second a new character gets added to the harem (and I'm pretty sure this will happen), Kanzashi will start going the same was as Charu and Tate?
Old 2014-06-30, 02:41   Link #63
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

But Tate WASN'T originally part of the harem so....

Kanzashi is the only one to survive with her sanity mostly intact
Old 2014-06-30, 03:47   Link #64
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
So as of Volume 9, Tatenashi keep being a dumbass, irresponsible, selfish piece of manipulative bitch

Color me surprised, at least other girl simply succumb to their primal instinct, instead of making elaborate plan that could easily get Ichika killed because MUH FUN

Really, as of this point Kanzashi is only hope of salvation
I don't see it that badly.

Remember that this is supposed to be seen in a comedic light. She's being her usual goofy self and it isn't supposed to be taken so seriously.

I guess the problem is the other girls; normally Tatenashi's antics would be harmless but then you have the other girls who react like psychos and poison the comedic pool. Normally this would be comedic too (as it's supposed to be), but it isn't so after the 200th time. And they also have that bad habit of attacking Ichika with their ISs for things that clearly aren't his fault................

Which is what puts Tatenashi several levels above the original five girls as well, regardless of how you perceive her antics.

So my favorite IS girl ranking is pretty much tied between Kanzashi and Tatenashi, though Kanzashi may be pulling slightly ahead. Charlotte you're still my number three, but I just can't ignore the allure of the Sarashiki sisters.

Though my Number 1 of All remains unchanged. *points at avatar*
Old 2014-06-30, 04:41   Link #65
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Eh hem...

What made Tatenashi like that?

Answer: Ichika saving her.

ONE FREAKING TIME!!!

See? Do you see what kind of psycho you had just saved Ichika?
Old 2014-06-30, 05:01   Link #66
Eratas123

Uh....Ichika saved her? I distinctly remember her doing the saving.
Old 2014-06-30, 05:12   Link #67
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Eh hem...

What made Tatenashi like that?

Answer: Ichika saving her.

ONE FREAKING TIME!!!

See? Do you see what kind of psycho you had just saved Ichika?
I'm not sure where you're getting the part about Tatenashi being psycho.........
Old 2014-06-30, 05:38   Link #68
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

How fast for Cecilia to go from Tsundere to Yandere, from Ojousama to Lovestruck Killer?

The one time Ichika defeated her.

ONE.

It's just that. With just one touch, and Tatenashi ended up just like that. Either that the bullet had impacted on her skull, or she had already been unstable from the start. Pah, she and Cecilia have the least reason to fall in love with Ichika, to say the least.

@Eratas: Volume 8.
Old 2014-06-30, 05:45   Link #69
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I still don't see any reasoning for why Tatenashi is psycho. Last I checked she hasn't attacked Ichika with her IS for something that was clearly not his fault.
Old 2014-06-30, 06:06   Link #70
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I still don't see any reasoning for why Tatenashi is psycho. Last I checked she hasn't attacked Ichika with her IS for something that was clearly not his fault.
No, but she doesn't mind playing the lethal game and have 100% confidence things will not go wrong because she said so.

Again, she might not be as unstable as the rest of the harem bar Kanzashi, but just as dangerous if not more because she have the charisma and power to enforce her will.
Old 2014-06-30, 06:13   Link #71
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
No, but she doesn't mind playing the lethal game and have 100% confidence things will not go wrong because she said so.
This isn't being psycho.....

But just to be sure we're on the same page, what lethal game are you talking about? Volume 9 right? Because that's (obviously) just supposed to be comedy. It's the other girls being psycho that poisons the well.......

Quote:
Again, she might not be as unstable as the rest of the harem bar Kanzashi, but just as dangerous if not more because she have the charisma and power to enforce her will.
That might be a bad thing. IF Tatenashi was actually a b*tch. Which she's not.
A character with a similar personality did almost the exact same thing in Code Geass R2. Nobody hated her for it at all.
Old 2014-06-30, 06:20   Link #72
Eratas123

It really depends on whether you take the bad LN seriously or just roll your eyes and laugh at Ichika getting the shit beat out of him. If we take it seriously then Tatenashi knocked out her crush and put him in a VERY dangerous situation that could have ended with him turning into a pancake. If not then it's all slapstick and we shouldn't consider it as something dangerous and potentially scarring but something all in good fun.

Lets not get too angsty/serious here. On a half-joking note Tatenashi is reminding me of Jigsaw - She kidnaps/coerces Ichika into two 'games', both potentially lethal and not giving him any option to refuse; either with a shock collar or by forced hibernation.
Old 2014-06-30, 06:26   Link #73
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
It really depends on whether you take the bad LN seriously or just roll your eyes and laugh at Ichika getting the shit beat out of him. If we take it seriously then Tatenashi knocked out her crush and put him in a VERY dangerous situation that could have ended with him turning into a pancake. If not then it's all slapstick and we shouldn't consider it as something dangerous and potentially scarring but something all in good fun.
I'm not saying that was a good thing to do, but it wasn't psycho either. She only did it because she was confident it would be fine, otherwise I'm sure she never would have put him in danger. And Tatenashi has the skills to back up her confidence.

Quote:
Lets not get too angsty/serious here.
I'm not getting angry, you know. >.> I was just using the term you used for her.
Old 2014-06-30, 06:37   Link #74
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I'm not saying that was a good thing to do, but it wasn't psycho either. She only did it because she was confident it would be fine, otherwise I'm sure she never would have put him in danger. And Tatenashi has the skills to back up her confidence.
Except you kind of forgot she's supposed to be his bodyguard...

At minimum, she's not mentally fit for the duty, although I shall agree calling her psycho would be too much.

Bah, I think eras get the gist of it anyway. Leave it to comedy as reasoning, consider my argument conceded.
Old 2014-06-30, 06:39   Link #75
Eratas123

Nah, I know you aren't It's just a general term.

And again, if you take it seriously then placing him in danger at all for petty reasons can't really be excused by 'I was confident I could pull him out': It's the same logic in Sherlock. One of the antagonists places one of the MC's in a burning effigy and nearly cooks him alive. His attempt to weasel out of this is by saying that he had people posted nearby so if his friends didn't make it in time to save him his own agents would have pulled him out, therefore he wasn't REALLY in danger.

Needless to say no one buys this excuse even if he was telling the truth. But again, the segment is supposed to be 'funny' so applying real world logic would have Ichika dying from the internal bleeding he should have sustained in Volume 1 alone.

More to the point, who's that woman in the locker room in the V9 images? The one wearing a hilariously inappropriate open IS top.
Old 2014-06-30, 06:47   Link #76
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Houki and Rin: Childhood crush

Charlotte and Kanzashi: Ichika gave them confident, as well as their (mental) protectorate.

Laura: Same as above, however, let bring up this question: If Chifuyu was there instead of Ichika when VT system activated, what would she do? The same as with Ichika. In that moment, Laura saw the Instructor inside her brother -> borderline worship.

Tatenashi and Cecilia: ?

Seriously, if IS is a romcom, the romance aspect has been dumbed down long enough.
Old 2014-06-30, 06:53   Link #77
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Except you kind of forgot she's supposed to be his bodyguard...
No I didn't.

Quote:
At minimum, she's not mentally fit for the duty, although I shall agree calling her psycho would be too much.
Mmmm, honestly I can't really agree with this either. Putting the guy she's supposed to guard in danger might not be the most agreeable thing, but I still doubt she'd have done that if there was a much more effective alternative.

Quote:
And again, if you take it seriously then placing him in danger at all for petty reasons can't really be excused by 'I was confident I could pull him out': It's the same logic in Sherlock. One of the antagonists places one of the MC's in a burning effigy and nearly cooks him alive. His attempt to weasel out of this is by saying that he had people posted nearby so if his friends didn't make it in time to save him his own agents would have pulled him out, therefore he wasn't REALLY in danger.

Needless to say no one buys this excuse even if he was telling the truth.
Honestly, those Sherlock-type situations are hard to communicate to someone like me who hasn't seen the episode (or even that paritcular series for that matter, I've only been watching Elementary, not the other series), so it's a bit hard for me to respond to this comparison since I'm missing a huge chunk of context. Though I think I get the gist.

Quote:
More to the point, who's that woman in the locker room in the V9 images? The one wearing a hilariously inappropriate open IS top.
Hmm, I'm not sure either.
Old 2014-06-30, 07:36   Link #78
Eratas123

Well the gist of it is that in a real situation most people wouldn't excuse someone placing them or their loved ones in danger based solely on the reassurance of the kidnapper that he's/she's confident that they can get them out of it no permanent damage done.

I mean think about, if a friend knocked you out and put you in a situation where you could have died with no justification beyond 'I wasn't going to actually let you get hurt' would you just shrug or would you feel the strong urge to punch them for it?

Seriously though, she doesn't show up in Flere's summary so I guess I was wrong in assuming that she was an enemy. Also, who's the blond girl in the color picture next to paparazzi girl? A new character?
Old 2014-06-30, 07:48   Link #79
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I have the feeling that is the Italian rep. Her IS, [Tempesta II] has already been mentioned in vol.8.
Old 2014-06-30, 07:49   Link #80
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Well the gist of it is that in a real situation most people wouldn't excuse someone placing them or their loved ones in danger based solely on the reassurance of the kidnapper that he's/she's confident that they can get them out of it no permanent damage done.

I mean think about, if a friend knocked you out and put you in a situation where you could have died with no justification beyond 'I wasn't going to actually let you get hurt' would you just shrug or would you feel the strong urge to punch them for it?
Well like I said, it wasn't the most agreeable thing to do. But how I'd react to it would depend on the conext. Sometimes it's more agreeable, sometimes less. In this context though, I find it a bit more agreeable than most. I'd have a word or two to say to her, but I wouldn't go so far as to call her manipulative. (even if that was what she did in the definition of the word, it wasn't in the spirit of the word)

Tags
characters