AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2004-06-06, 20:55   Link #1
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
General Eroge Impressions & Discussion

What ero-games are your favorites at the moment?
And why? Mine are Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien,Kisaku,And Comic Party. The reaons why I like them are simple:I like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien the game because I loved the touching story. And I liked the sad atmosphere around it as well. The H scenes aren't too bad. And I liked some of the side storys in the game too.For Kisaku its because the games Mini games are fun to play sometimes.I like the characters. And I like the main character he may be a nasty old man but his character is pretty funny sometimes.And the game overall is pretty funny.(Even some of the H scenes made me laugh.) And as for Comic Party I like it because its entertaining,Its pretty hard at first if you don't know Japanese very well.And I found the storys behind each character were touching,funny or sweet. What about you guys?

[mod edit 2011-08-11: This thread has been renamed to more closely summarize its effective purpose now as a General Eroge Impressions & Discussion thread.

This thread is now basically a catch-all for commentary about recent and past eroge releases that do not have or may not warrant their own thread. If there is already a specific discussion thread about the eroge in question, please go to that thread. You may also create a thread if you think there is enough subject matter to discuss. Prolonged discussion about any one given topic or work may be split off into its own thread.]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-08-11 at 13:33.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 21:18   Link #2
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i'd REALLY like to play Shingetsutan Tsukihime...but, well, i don't have it
the only H-game i've played is "Nocturnal Illusion", which was pretty good...so i guess it's my favorite
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 21:25   Link #3
DingoEnderZOE2

You reliaze for Tsukihime you better be pretty darn good with Japanese Language right? If you don't know Japanese at all theres no point in wanting to try Tsukihime.If all you want is to look at all the H scenes then thats a another story.
Old 2004-06-06, 22:00   Link #4
sarcasteak
WAHA~

I'm a big fan of Key's Kanon and AIR, but Japanese comprehension is absolutely necessarily since both are more romance than ero...
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 22:15   Link #5
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Crescendo, Kana - Little Sister, Season of the Sakura, Tottemo Pheromone, True Love, Casual Romance Club.

All English, of course. I don't see much point playing untranslated games, if I wanted just the pictures it would be easier to just locate their CGs in collections on BitTorrent or eMule.

Anyway, I like them for the romance focus they have (maybe except Tottemo Pheromone, which is pretty short). The older titles I mentioned got me hooked on ero-games, and holds a special meaning to me even today.
Old 2004-06-06, 23:35   Link #6
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
You reliaze for Tsukihime you better be pretty darn good with Japanese Language right? If you don't know Japanese at all theres no point in wanting to try Tsukihime.If all you want is to look at all the H scenes then thats a another story.
...i'm studying japanese, someday i'll be able to play and enjoy it ^_^ (by then it might be translated and brought to the states...or not...whichever)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 00:06   Link #7
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Dragon Knight 3 and 4, Words Worth, Es Formula, YU-NO, Castle Fantasia, Izumo, Kanon, Air, Yami to Boshi to Hon no Tabibito... I think I'm gonna lost count... I guess you could say that I love hentai games
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 00:07   Link #8
dont

no.1 december when there is no angel (leaf)

2004 till now

no.1 fate /stay night (type-moon)

(clannad not ero game...orz)
dont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 00:16   Link #9
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

So far this year, they have been:

Fate/stay night
SHUFFLE!
CLANNAD
Aruru to Asobo!
Realize

My all time favorite list would compromise something like (in no particular order):

Dokyusei 1,2
Kono Sekai no Hatede Utau-mono YU-NO
Pia Carrot 1,2,3 TB
Shizuku
Kizuato
Saorin to Issho!
Hatsune no Naisho!
To Heart
Comic Party
Inagawa de Ikou!
Magical Antique
Utawarerumono
MOON
ONE
Kanon
AIR
Triangle Heart 1,2,3
SNOW
D+VINE LUV
Tobi D+VINE
Kana~Imouto~
Kazoku Keikaku
CROSS+CHANNEL
Tsukihime, PLUS+/-DISC, Kagetsu Touya
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
MuvLuv
Phatom~Phantom of Inferno~
Deus Machina Demonbaine
BALDR FORCE
Giniro
Clover Heart's
Wind-a Breath of Heart-
Mizuiro
Infantaria
Suika
D.C.~Da Capo~
Sorewa Maichiru Sakura no Youni
Kao no Nai Tsuki
Kichikuou Lance series
Dai Akuji
Dai Bancho
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 02:22   Link #10
DingoEnderZOE2

Dragon Knight 3 and 4, Words Worth, Es Formula, YU-NO, Castle Fantasia, Izumo, Kanon, Air, Yami to Boshi to Hon no Tabibito... I think I'm gonna lost count... I guess you could say that I love hentai games

Dragon knight 3(A.K.A.Knights of Xentar)Was a nice game. But unfortunaly I only played the English version I would have loved to have played the Jap version so I could see what was REALLY being said in most of the scenes.Now Dragon Knight 4 now thats a rare game now. I loved the Strategy in the game. It was a little too hard near the end though.Near the end it was really easy to make a mistake and lose some of your comrades but I got smarter and overcame that.And the humor wasn't so bad either.Now Words Worth Man I first ran into the hentai of that by accident. I remember when I went to buy me a Anime Dvd I ended up getting words worth the Hentai instead of the one I wanted because they put the wrong disc in the case. Anyway I haven't fully played that game I only tried it out but I plan on trying that one soon. And as for YU-NO I CANNOT FIND THAT TO BUY ANYWHERE.Its not fair how come everyone else found a way to get their hands on it but I can't find it anywhere?? Whats the game like and about?

And I guess I'll add some more of my favorites:
Doukyuusei 1(The original not the windows version. I haven't tried that version yet.)
Doukyuusei 2(This was the game that got me curious about the Hentai genre more. I remember I played the Snes version of that and I was hooked and surprised of the story. I wouldn't have thought it was an H game back then.)
Kakyuusei(Addicting game.Can't wait until part 2 comes out.)
Koihime
Pia Carrot 2(I didn't like part 1 too much.)
Isaku
Shusaku

The stupidest H games I've played:
Aishimai (That was just a pointless game. Every single choice you pick you get a H scene. Everywhere you look you get a H-scene. That was more boring then fun for me.)

As you can prob tell from my List I'm still kind of new at this whole H game thing.And as for Kanon and Air I heard alot of things about those two but the Artwork looks soo chubby and weird I never had the desire to try them out.
Old 2004-06-07, 11:30   Link #11
Arwyn

Im still pretty new to the ero-game thing, and I have been pretty picky about what I have tried so far. The current list has been;

Crescendo
Kana
Heart de Roomate
Day of Love

Currently Cescendo is my favorite. I plan on trying a few more as time permits.

I would kill to get my hands on some of the titles kj1980 posts in translation;
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Kanon
Wind
To Heart
D.C.~Da Capo~

I loved the anime, would really like to see those titles in english.
Arwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 12:33   Link #12
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn
I would kill to get my hands on some of the titles kj1980 posts in translation;
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Kanon
Wind
To Heart
D.C.~Da Capo~

I loved the anime, would really like to see those titles in english.
You can find most of these games rather easily (Of course, they are in Japanese) with the exception of "Tsukihime."

As I said before, "Tsukihime" was a doujin game made by a TYPE-MOON when they were still in the doujin market. Since their funds are limited, the amount of presses they made are fairly limited. Hence, it is very hard to find the actual original copies of the "Tsukihime" games. The last time I checked:

1. "Tsukihime Hantsuki-ban" (Tsukihime Beta-version) - only 300 copies made, sold at Summer Comike 2000 for 1000 yen each, only play Arc and Ciel's scenario. Now the buyback rate at Mandarake is at 60,000 yen - which means the selling rate must mean higher than that.

2. "Tsukihime" - first press (the label-side is blue) and second press (the label-side is purple) - Mandarake buyback rate at 10,000 - 20,000 yen depending on condition. Sold at Winter Comike 2000 at 1500 yen.

3. "Tsukihime PLUS-DISC" - first press (on labeled CD-R) and second press (bulk pressed) - same rate as above. Originally sold at 2001 Sunshine Recreation for 300 yen.

4. "Kagetsu Touya" - same rate as above. Sold at Summer Comike 2001 for 1500 yen.

5. "Tsukibako" (boxset that includes "Tsukihime," "Tsukihime PLUS+DISC," "Kagetsu Touya") Most rates on Yahoo! Auction go well over 30,000 yen. Originally sold at various doujin shops for 2500 yen.
Old 2004-06-07, 12:49   Link #13
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
You can find most of these games rather easily (Of course, they are in Japanese) with the exception of "Tsukihime."

As I said before, "Tsukihime" was a doujin game made by a TYPE-MOON when they were still in the doujin market. Since their funds are limited, the amount of presses they made are fairly limited. Hence, it is very hard to find the actual original copies of the "Tsukihime" games. The last time I checked:

1. "Tsukihime Hantsuki-ban" (Tsukihime Beta-version) - only 300 copies made, sold at Summer Comike 2000 for 1000 yen each, only play Arc and Ciel's scenario. Now the buyback rate at Mandarake is at 60,000 yen - which means the selling rate must mean higher than that.

2. "Tsukihime" - first press (the label-side is blue) and second press (the label-side is purple) - Mandarake buyback rate at 10,000 - 20,000 yen depending on condition. Sold at Winter Comike 2000 at 1500 yen.

3. "Tsukihime PLUS-DISC" - first press (on labeled CD-R) and second press (bulk pressed) - same rate as above. Originally sold at 2001 Sunshine Recreation for 300 yen.

4. "Kagetsu Touya" - same rate as above. Sold at Summer Comike 2001 for 1500 yen.

5. "Tsukibako" (boxset that includes "Tsukihime," "Tsukihime PLUS+DISC," "Kagetsu Touya") Most rates on Yahoo! Auction go well over 30,000 yen. Originally sold at various doujin shops for 2500 yen.

I have looked at a few of them, but my Japanese has about 20 years worth of disuse, I cant even read hiragana/katakana anymore, much less kanji. Being stuck out in the middle of Texas doesnt help, my choices for language instruction are spanish/french/or german. So, as much as I want to, I have to wait for the translations (or move somewhere with a real university again).
Arwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 13:58   Link #14
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

My favorite bishoujo game is Mizuiro. I absolutely loved how it pretty much only concentrated on the romance elements. There wasn't really much of a conflict in the story, but it really touched me, and the ending made me cry for a long time.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 14:02   Link #15
Bullsquat
Strange Love

My absolute favorite ero game is the same as Arwyn, Crescendo. How can you not like this game? Kana might well be the better game but I'm just not mentally prepared to play it again at the moment.

While most ero games are just that, erotic and nothing more, I'm sure there are many other titles similar to Crescendo and Kana: little sister that have yet to be translated into English.

So my question is this kj1980, what other games do you know that are similar? I will personally write to JastUSA to have them translated if I have to.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 14:21   Link #16
silviachan

I'll try Mizuiro, D.C. and Kimi nozo ASAP. They seem to be very beautiful, but there are soooo many kanjis I don't know...

Kichikuou Lance series

Do you know a site where I can gather more info about Rance games, expecially the FM towers one?
silviachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 14:27   Link #17
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
My absolute favorite ero game is the same as Arwyn, Crescendo. How can you not like this game? Kana might well be the better game but I'm just not mentally prepared to play it again at the moment.

While most ero games are just that, erotic and nothing more, I'm sure there are many other titles similar to Crescendo and Kana: little sister that have yet to be translated into English.

So my question is this kj1980, what other games do you know that are similar? I will personally write to JastUSA to have them translated if I have to.
Well, seeing that several of you have mentioned "Crecendo," and "Kana~Imouto~," it seems that there is some company in your country who happen to focus on the better, story-centric D.O. games (in comparison to their earlier and hard-core games such as "Sensei" and "Injuu" series)

Several story-centric, heart warming ero-games from D.O. that may interest you then would be:

"Kazoku Keikaku" - a story about a group of misfits consisting of: a disheartened wife, a bankrupt businessman, teenage runaway, an illegal immigrant from China, a drug-dealer, a recluse artist, and a person who doesn't trust anyone (yourself) start a family on their own. Each people have their own problems, and they are fragile in their own way - but together you create a strong bond called family to get through hardships of life. (CD-ROM release: 2001/11, DVD-ROM release: 2002/12)

Other heart-warming school life ero-games from D.O. that pops up in my mind are:

"Hoshizora Planet," "Restore," "Yukizakura," and the most recent one: "Umi no Michi"

D.O.'s HP: http://www.do-game.co.jp/
Old 2004-06-07, 14:31   Link #18
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviachan
I'll try Mizuiro, D.C. and Kimi nozo ASAP. They seem to be very beautiful, but there are soooo many kanjis I don't know...
Though I actually imported the DVD version of Mizuiro a year ago or so, you can probably find it floating around the 'net somewhere. There is a translation project going for the DVD version, though it pretty much completely stopped after the Hiyori scenario ended. The project page for that is here.

One game translation that I'm looking forward to is the Wind translation that's being worked on. project page.

Quote:
Other heart-warming school life ero-games from D.O. that pops up in my mind are:

"Hoshizora Planet," "Restore," "Yukizakura," and the most recent one: "Umi no Michi"
I really didn't like the art style in Hoshizora Planet. I can't say a whole lot about the game, though.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 15:25   Link #19
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Well, seeing that several of you have mentioned "Crecendo," and "Kana~Imouto~," it seems that there is some company in your country who happen to focus on the better, story-centric D.O. games (in comparison to their earlier and hard-core games such as "Sensei" and "Injuu" series)
They're translated by G-Collections, and sadly, those two are in a minority amongst their selection. Currently, G-Collections translate games from D.O., ZyX, Trabulance, Sekilala and Angelsmile, with the companies ZeroCool and Ignition being the newest addition (all CD-Bros companies?). The games they have translated so far are:

DOR (D.O.)
Kana - Imouto (D.O.)
Chain (ZyX)
Private Nurse (Angelsmile)
Tottemo Pheromone (Trabulance)
Sensei 2 (D.O.)
Tsuki - Possession (ZyX)
Do You Like Horny Bunnies? / H na Bunny-san wa Kirai? (ZyX)
Come See Me Tonight / Watashini Konya Ainikite (Sekilala)
Kango Shicyauzo 1 (and later the Voice Plus version) (Trabulance)
Kango Shicyauzo 2 (Trabulance)
Secret Wives Club / Hitozuma Hime Club (Sekilala)
Crescendo (D.O.)
I'm Gonna Serve You 4 / Tsukushite Agechau 4 (Trabulance)
Virgin Roster / Shukketsubo (ZyX)
Heart de Roommate (Angelsmile)
Do You Like Horny Bunnies? 2 (ZyX)
Jewel Knights: Crusaders (Zerocool)

Their next couple of announced games are:

Slave Pageant (Ignition) (I think the original title is "Shojyosettai")
Come See Me Tonight 2 (Sekilala)
Idols Galore! (Sekilala) (Can't remember the original title, but someone said it translated to "Calling all Idols!")

As you can see, games like Kana and Crescendo doesn't show up here all that often. Maybe they would if they sold better than the short games G-Collections usually work on, but since they don't...

Well, money talks. Apparently, its voice fails when games like Crescendo come over here.
Old 2004-06-07, 15:56   Link #20
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Actually Kana little sister is on the best seller list on several bishoujo game websites, for a while too, which is why it's easy for me to find the game. Also, from what I've heard, Three Sisters' Story, also a story-centric game is supposedly the best selling bishoujo game of all time.

You're right about Crescendo though. I'm shocked that it isn't selling as well as some of the more incongruous titles out there. I think it's all about getting the right amount of hype when releasing these games. Kana Little sister was able to feed off the hype upon its release and this is why its has been selling so well.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel