AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-06, 02:24   Link #1961
redadonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Is he not the saint? or is it salvi the saint? I'm confused but heck Aurrelus is strong I can consider him a saint.
Izard is a alchemist that attended the ultimate power of alchemy. He isn't a saint, but if he can imagine it then he probably would be able to create some sort of attack that would be on a saint level.

Although Izard vs Saint would still end in a win for the saint, saints are just too much for a normal person. Izard would be mince meat before he invoke Ars Magna.

They are probably too lazy to replace Index's WC, since they had no problem making a down graded version in the shape of a cross for himegami.
Old 2010-03-06, 03:13   Link #1962
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Wait, there is a character named Aurrelus and there is another character named Aureolus in Index.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-03-06, 03:30   Link #1963
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by redadonis View Post
Izard is a alchemist that attended the ultimate power of alchemy. He isn't a saint, but if he can imagine it then he probably would be able to create some sort of attack that would be on a saint level.

Although Izard vs Saint would still end in a win for the saint, saints are just too much for a normal person. Izard would be mince meat before he invoke Ars Magna.

They are probably too lazy to replace Index's WC, since they had no problem making a down graded version in the shape of a cross for himegami.
Two things; It's 'Aureolus', not the Alchemist. This guy is a master magician, using Norse magic to cast his spells.

Also, Himegami's cross is to seal her Deep Blood powers.

Quote:
You forgot how much high powered range weapons magic side has (dragon breath alone shot down a satellite).... even worse there are artifacts that can affects the existences it's self and others can completely over rides something.
The thing is, Dragon's Breath seems to be Index exclusive, hardly anyone else have been seen using such a powerful spell... But nevermind.

Out of curiousity, what artifacts are you refering to?

Quote:
AIM is still completely useless outside of the city, FUSE wasn't even on the same level of Queen of the Adriatic. Each shot needs time to charge and did as about a bit more damage than mikado's black shots. Even if accelerator master the AIM vector and some how gain control of the misaka network + FUSE it's still not enough for the AIM system to overrides the current one.
Erm, the Queen of the Adriatic is limited to only Venice.

And I thought with the SISTERS spread around the world, the AIM diffusion Field is now global?

Quote:
Also on a side note, who said the magic side HAS to be magic only?
Well, what else could they use?

Magic is the only thing they have one up on Science side, who has conventional weapons, advance weapons, and possibly robotics....In addition to the AIM.
Old 2010-03-06, 04:07   Link #1964
redadonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Wait, there is a character named Aurrelus and there is another character named Aureolus in Index.
Ollerus the Hlidskjalf from SS2? I thought he had the potential to be a mashin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Two things; It's 'Aureolus', not the Alchemist. This guy is a master magician, using Norse magic to cast his spells.

Also, Himegami's cross is to seal her Deep Blood powers.
Still a WC class though, they just made it so it have no offensive or defensive functions.

The thing is, Dragon's Breath seems to be Index exclusive, hardly anyone else have been seen using such a powerful spell... But nevermind.
Kanzaki or index have mentioned that the WC would only be damaged by a spell like DB or higher level so I guess it's not a exclusive. Index's DB was something like a extra from the Saint George's Holy Ground that triggered after touma destroyed the leash placed on index anyway.

Out of curiousity, what artifacts are you refering to?
Document of Constantine, Cruz De Pedro are the known ones so far. Terra mentioned it's hard to retrieve DC after touma destroyed it, so I guess it's still recoverable.

Erm, the Queen of the Adriatic is limited to only Venice.
Not after biagio busoni's time limit rosario(bad trans, I know....) It's a spell been given to him by vent to remove the limit. At the cost of anyeze's sanity.

And I thought with the SISTERS spread around the world, the AIM diffusion Field is now global?
They were scattered all over the world for "rehabilitaty purposes" before they activated FUSE, pretty sure it didn't go as far as outside of AC.

Well, what else could they use?

Magic is the only thing they have one up on Science side, who has conventional weapons, advance weapons, and possibly robotics....In addition to the AIM.

Nukes and other high powered artillery are still effective, unless AC have made a absolute interception system it's still a game of numbers.
Old 2010-03-06, 04:22   Link #1965
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

- I wasn't aware that 'Walking Church' was a class

- I'm not sure about this Document, but the Saint Peter's Cross had a ridiculous list of circumstances to meet in order to activate it. Same thing, even so, the RCC had to jump through alot of hoops to make either the [Queen of the Adriatic] or that Rosario spell work. Hell, those Ice Ships have to get within 5-10miles of the target city. Bah, no matter, to settle all of these large scale spells, Aleister has been sending Touma and Tsuchimikado to do the dirty work. You might even say that they're his primary defense against such attacks.

- The problem is, the RCC is so hellbent on destroying Science, why would they have/use Nukes and artillery? When they attacked Academy City every single time, they avoid having an all out battle. Using Oriana to sneak into the city, even with Vent leading the charge, they resort to using a spell to impale the citizens. Í doubt we'll ever see a full invasion by them, let alone with modern weapons.
Old 2010-03-06, 04:34   Link #1966
redadonis

Quote:
- I wasn't aware that 'Walking Church' was a class
Well.... there wasn't any other way to call it

- I'm not sure about this Document, but the Saint Peter's Cross had a ridiculous list of circumstances to meet in order to activate it. Same thing, even so, the RCC had to jump through alot of hoops to make either the [Queen of the Adriatic] or that Rosario spell work. Hell, those Ice Ships have to get within 5-10miles of the target city. Bah, no matter, to settle all of these large scale spells, Aleister has been sending Touma and Tsuchimikado to do the dirty work. You might even say that they're his primary defense against such attacks.
I'm only listing the most powerful ones though, still not counting all the base/invasive ones. Queen of the Adriatic don't have any range limit or didn't supposed to have it.... or that's how i remembered it anyway...... who knows what other stuff the Russians have >_>

- The problem is, the RCC is so hellbent on destroying Science, why would they have/use Nukes and artillery? When they attacked Academy City every single time, they avoid having an all out battle. Using Oriana to sneak into the city, even with Vent leading the charge, they resort to using a spell to impale the citizens. Í doubt we'll ever see a full invasion by them, let alone with modern weapons.
RCC have heavy influences on the UN and I'm sure if there's a war breaking out they'll pull no punches, they are only after AC because they are making science a "religion". It's not like RCC wants every body to live like it's 1200. On the note on vent's invasion they resorted to the impaling because vent don't have the ability to cast anything seriously damaging.
Old 2010-03-06, 05:05   Link #1967
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

- Forgive me, my spell list only extends to volume 13, everything else is heresay for me.

- Well, I remember Saiji saying that the Ships needed to be within 10 miles of the city to use that spell...

- I know, but like I said, why didn't they just storm the place with troops? Tsuchimikado certainly thought it was a possibility..
Old 2010-03-06, 06:23   Link #1968
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Hm? Sure, mages can snipe the city with long range magic... but Academy city can bomb them with 6 Wings as well. Remeber startegic level magic requires stupidly large magic circle and long enchantation time (not everyone is Touma's dad who can conjure one up in accident). With Crowley's large arsenal of super sonic speed fighter jets, intercepting those spell isn't exactly hard.

Dragon Breath does work, but despite its long range, has very little effective area. It is also not a common spell, but super high class one that only a few can use. Which means there won't enough beams to actually lit the city in fire. Seriously, if RCC has enough Dragon Breath caster, they would have burn Venice with the beams instead of using Queen of the Adriatic.
AC just need to survive a few hit, then locate the casters from the direction the beam is shot, and then dispatch a barrage of 6 Wings to do the job.

Also, RCC do have great exercise over Europe but that's it. US and Britian (Charissa's fleet has proven to be very capable, and there is still a good chunk of it left after the coup) is under the direct infleunce of AC. Further more, rest fo the world is at least 20 years behind in technology when compared to AC. So Crowley has a total advantage in terms of of conventional weapons.

So, in long range war fare, Academy City has a pretty fair chance.
Old 2010-03-06, 06:44   Link #1969
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hmm... I probably should have ask this sooner... But what's a '6 Wings' ?
Old 2010-03-06, 06:48   Link #1970
walt

I heard the rumor, that Last Order die in Ranobe
WTF? why??? o.O
Old 2010-03-06, 07:03   Link #1971
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Hmm... I probably should have ask this sooner... But what's a '6 Wings' ?
an awakened ESPer.
Old 2010-03-06, 07:20   Link #1972
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt View Post
I heard the rumor, that Last Order die in Ranobe
WTF? why??? o.O
Well, the novel will be out in a few more days so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
an awakened ESPer.
That's what I initially thought, but that doesn't seem like the case after reading his previous post.
Old 2010-03-06, 07:47   Link #1973
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Last Order dying? Oh shi- a certain albino will be very pissed at that.

Oh, and a small note on the Walking Church, I think it is an enchantment spell, not a class of spell, because I remember Index mentioning her clothes having a Pope-class Walking Church.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-03-06, 07:59   Link #1974
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm more interested in whether Fiamma would actually complete his Holy Right, or will Touma's Imagine Breaker finally power up?
Old 2010-03-06, 09:27   Link #1975
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I think both Flamma and Touma's power up aint going to be right now, but I think it will be in the next couple of novels when that happen. I think it will be another Level 5 awakening soon, maybe Mikoto or one of the other Level 5's before Flamma and Touma power up.
Old 2010-03-06, 09:31   Link #1976
tsunade666

............... isn't 6 wings or wings a kind of fighter plane? or is it something in to aru verse?

The conversation had change drastically into high level one. If its just a small scale of the tier fighters. It would depend on who's side touma will be but I will bet on the magic side. But if its an all out war. I don't know on who to bet.

It's hard to tell who's stronger with each other specialty and all. But it will be an awesome finally if it will happen.

Can't wait for vol 20. I wish someone will put up their summary for it.
Old 2010-03-06, 09:41   Link #1977
Miraluka
Banned

Isn't the vol.20 going to be released the 10?
Old 2010-03-06, 09:46   Link #1978
tsunade666

10? isn't that the battle of pacman and kotty guy?

Well 10 would be fantastic. I can't wait for people to tell me the story. And vol 20 had the cover of Lessa. Aside from my mistress Itsuwa and waifu mugino. I also like Lessa. Aside from them. They can get who they want.
Old 2010-03-06, 09:53   Link #1979
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
............... isn't 6 wings or wings a kind of fighter plane? or is it something in to aru verse?

The conversation had change drastically into high level one. If its just a small scale of the tier fighters. It would depend on who's side touma will be but I will bet on the magic side. But if its an all out war. I don't know on who to bet.

It's hard to tell who's stronger with each other specialty and all. But it will be an awesome finally if it will happen.

Can't wait for vol 20. I wish someone will put up their summary for it.
I dont think Touma is going to be on the magic besides I think he is going to have his own faction dealing with Magic and Science all out battle. He is going to have almost all of harem and other factions that he befriend on his side (some of the New Light, Sisters, Amakusa Catholics and others). If it is going to be all-out battle, It is a toss up.
Old 2010-03-06, 09:53   Link #1980
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I doubt they will kill last order though, since last order death will mean all the imoutos goes haywire?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen