AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-01-21, 10:23   Link #41
lightbringer
M9000

If nothing else, Tokyopop gets major brownie points for friendly customer support.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 17:06   Link #42
Kunagisa

IT'S HEREEEEEE (I haven't been following the anime thread, so if it's already posted there then <__<)!~!

Volume 7 to be on sale 3/24. According to Wiki, side 4 is to be out by May, and VIII will be the end of the series (tentatively scheduled for 2011). News is from Yasei Jidai, where the series's short stories are being published starting from 2010 December for 4 months.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 20:32   Link #43
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Good news about English Vol 3 in August. I'll believe it when I see it and all that, but I am hopeful!

Interesting about there possibly only being 8 volumes ... I kinda like "short and sweet" stories like that (compared, say to 30-40 volume works).
Old 2011-01-27, 16:24   Link #44
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Another question - anyone heard which volumes the current anime series will cover and/or if there will be any "new"/invented material?

If only 8 volumes will exist and if the current season is successful (which it seems it will be thus far, although it is early in the game) perhaps a second season will be forthcoming that will be able to "wrap everything up" volumes wise....

Anyone else heard anything about this?
Old 2011-02-05, 19:08   Link #45
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

http://www.tokyopop.com/TPHenshu/tp_...e/3170053.html An update from tokyopop ..
Old 2011-02-06, 10:10   Link #46
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWence View Post
Hrm ... thanks for the link.

Afaict Tokyopop is basically saying "We will see how the current offerings we have available sell before looking at printing other Gosick volumes."

No big surprise there. Not that I blame them in this aspect - I feel what they say is true: "niche" books in general are a slow seller.

Well ... I "did my part" by buying volumes 1 and 2, I guess.
Old 2011-02-08, 14:02   Link #47
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

Haha no problem for the update I have been nagging them on this light novel (and Full Metal Panic!) for a year or more now.. I also did my part 1 and 2 are proudly on my manga / ln / n shelf ~

And yes it was an expected response.. but it does show some e-mails and such are being directed in GoSicks favor to Tokyopop its something
Old 2011-02-11, 05:55   Link #48
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Thanks SirWence for the info. So it looks like they still want to release more eh? Hopefully then they do a better job than the embarrassment that was the translation for the second novel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycanid View Post
Another question - anyone heard which volumes the current anime series will cover and/or if there will be any "new"/invented material?

If only 8 volumes will exist and if the current season is successful (which it seems it will be thus far, although it is early in the game) perhaps a second season will be forthcoming that will be able to "wrap everything up" volumes wise....

Anyone else heard anything about this?
I know this is a month old, but I just noticed this now and I've been busy so couldn't get to it earlier

duckroll in the anime thread posted what the anime is going to cover:
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The series will be 24 episodes in total. This is the novel material it will adapt:

Ep1-3: Gosick
Ep4-5: Gosicks: The Reaper Comes in the Spring
Ep6-8: Gosick II: The Crime is Nowhere
Ep9-10: Gosick III: Beneath the Blue Rose
Ep11: First Love (from Gosicks II: Summer from the Disappearing Train)
Ep12: Pony Puzzle (from Gosicks II: Summer from the Disappearing Train)
Ep13-15: Gosick IV: A Fool Represents the Case
Ep16-17: Gosick V: Beelzebub's Skull
Ep18: Gosick VI: Night of the Masquerade
Ep19: Chastity ~Tale of the White Rose~ (from Gosicks III: Memories of an Autumn Flower)
Ep20-24: Material currently being serialized
As you can see here, BONES are going to be aiming to coincide the novels ending with the anime's a la FMA:Brotherhood or more accurately Toradora! (and as stuopidget pointed out above, the final novel is going to be the 8th, and going by the schedule above, it seems they are aiming to have the last two novels ) but they are also adapting all the side novels as well, so there is no chance for a second season (rumor is that it's not expected to do all that well in the first place) I do suspect that they might make the final novel a movie, but that's more to do with my gut than anything logical.
Old 2011-02-11, 06:05   Link #49
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWence View Post
I e-mailed (info@tokyopop.com) myself to ask as its been ages heh and I rather enjoyed the 2 novels ive read.. and with an anime being out.. and with my general frustration with novel licensing and generally nothing being done with said licenses.

Here is the reply I got from Tokyopop

E-mail them.. see if it makes a difference

wow, I wish Viz will answer this kind of question on Shana.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 06:55   Link #50
Sixth
Hu Tao

For those who read the novel, I wonder, do Victorique's brother actually care about her?
Sixth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 09:49   Link #51
azziz

he like doll,doesn't he?and they are only half-sibling so...be wary,kujo-kun.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 10:53   Link #52
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
he like doll,doesn't he?and they are only half-sibling so...be wary,kujo-kun.
Wut? I didn't understand it. But if your saying incest, I don't think that hair guy is that into it.
Old 2011-02-11, 11:02   Link #53
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
For those who read the novel, I wonder, do Victorique's brother actually care about her?
I think he does. On one hand I genuinely think he was intimidated by her, though iirc he showed her some kindness during the Skull arc. Or might've been some of the side stories ... it's been while since I've read this series but the overall impression was positive.
Old 2011-02-11, 12:32   Link #54
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Thanks for the detailed response Arabesque.
Old 2011-02-12, 10:01   Link #55
Sixth
Hu Tao

So, is the old man in the opening is Victorique's father?

Also, can someone spoil me about her father? Is her father really despise her so badly?
Sixth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 15:39   Link #56
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I'm at the mercy of Tokyopop's horrendous release schedule, so can someone here explain who the guy in the center of this illus is?
Spoiler for pic:

There's no way that's Grevil is it?
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 15:46   Link #57
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
I'm at the mercy of Tokyopop's horrendous release schedule, so can someone here explain who the guy in the center of this illus is?
Spoiler for pic:

There's no way that's Grevil is it?
Hrm ... I don't think so ... if the imagery from the opening song of the Gosick anime series is any indication, I would guess (and only guess - I am at the mercy of Tokyopop too ) that it might be a pick of the blond guy with tiny glasses cradling Victorique, looking like he is kidnapping her.

Those who read the novels could likely give better feedback....
Old 2011-02-16, 16:38   Link #58
Kunagisa

That is Grevil (グレヴィール). I don't remember this scene though (might be one of the sides before he asked Vic to solve that case and landed himself the 1st drill).
Old 2011-02-17, 12:23   Link #59
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
That is Grevil (グレヴィール). I don't remember this scene though (might be one of the sides before he asked Vic to solve that case and landed himself the 1st drill).
Whoa.

Imo he looks much better that way ... wonder why he drilled up his hair in the first place? Maybe so it wouldn't get in his eyes?
Old 2011-02-19, 08:57   Link #60
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I think he does. On one hand I genuinely think he was intimidated by her, though iirc he showed her some kindness during the Skull arc. Or might've been some of the side stories ... it's been while since I've read this series but the overall impression was positive.
Nice if he has a good side. Going by the anime, Grevil is one of the few jerkass characters I actually strongly dislike, for his lack of sympathy with Victorique, the Arabian maid, and the woman on the Queen Berry.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, romance, shounen