AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 25 22.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 40.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 19.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.92%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-30, 10:54   Link #101
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

I like how Klan can be alternately cute and hot then cuter and hotter and since I'm a sucker for childhood friends stuff I like MikhailxKlan.

Lot's of campaigning here for BreraxRanka, but why not BreraxAlto? ...

Oh the doujins! I'd react just like Kagami!
Old 2008-05-30, 11:57   Link #102
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
I like how Klan can be alternately cute and hot then cuter and hotter and since I'm a sucker for childhood friends stuff I like MikhailxKlan.
She's too good for him.

Quote:
Lot's of campaigning here for BreraxRanka, but why not BreraxAlto?

Oh the doujins! I'd react just like Kagami!
I'd support this, because it doesn't really matter who he's with since all Alto does is fold planes and complain. A true rivalry might actually make him interesting again, even if it's of a homoerotic nature.
Old 2008-05-30, 16:06   Link #103
Westlo
Lets be reality

Chihiro subbed episode 9 which makes 7 different subbing efforts for Frontier so far though Gattai have dropped it and who knows if Chihiro and GG will keep at it.
Old 2008-05-30, 16:37   Link #104
Tabris

I wish that Gattai would at least merge with GG, I loved Gattai's encodes and it was nice having soft subbed kareoke as well as subtitles, so that you could get a clean screenshot when needed, without the need for a RAW.

Then again, Gattai's IRC does say they're done as a speedsub group. So, hopefully they'll be joining the ranks as a normal sub group That way they can make nicer releases
Old 2008-05-30, 18:22   Link #105
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Good lord Klan really stole the show this episode whether she was being her cute micro self or slapping a VF around.

As for all the pairing stuff...I dunno...The show defiantly is having a very SherylxAlto / RankaxBrera feel right now... *shrug*

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2008-05-30, 18:23   Link #106
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

... you incest-loving fiends. No wonder the Japanese Diet and the British Parliament are looking at censoring certain anime and manga situations if it creates people like you who may end up perpetuating such crimes...

Anyways, back to the storyline - I loved Klein Klan's appearance here, given that she gets to be more than just Mikhail's foil or the bouncy-chested fanservice machine, although I do have to voice a similar complaint regarding the storyline feeling kinda stand-alone, even if the character-development was welcome. Brera may be on his own side, or he and Leon may be part of a third faction, which means that SMS and the NUNS may have traitors working within it, which would explain the latter's relative uselessness, especially if the chief of staff is in the pocket of this third possible faction.

I wonder if Mikhail's little flashback to his sister is a possible parallel situation to future events? The shot here doesn't feel quite like one, at least since failure here wouldn't have caused something similar to happen to him.
Old 2008-05-30, 21:22   Link #107
Delphin

now watched chapter9.

Clan is very pretty. she and Michael was a childhood friend.

but wondering Clan was lived Micron childhood ?
hmm..?

And very anxious, that enemy.
It turned out to use Vadjura's. thatwas existence after all such as the living body arms or insects.

Think he is Mega-road's descendant.
he's space craft is look like Valkylie.
and he interested song (Lanka's. I think Lanka is Hybrid zentradie and Lyn-Minmei).

MacrossF, I love :-)

適当英語に付き合ってくれてありがとう
Old 2008-05-30, 23:56   Link #108
JPZ
Ninjin loves you, yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post

Spoiler for sake of spoiler tagging:
That had to be our rockstar friend with the glasses from M7
Old 2008-05-31, 00:04   Link #109
Wesley84

Wow. The intro of this episode was probably the most intense twenty seconds this series has had since the first two episodes. It's single-handiedly rekindled my interest in the series after the trainwrecks of these last few episodes, and I've experienced a bit of a pause of my criticism of "Sniper Mecha" simply because a scene like that is only possible with a sniper.

On the other hand, if he wasn't a sniper, he could just fly in their and paste the guy with conventional ordinance.

Oh. I owe Sheryl an apology. She wasn't saluting. She was shielding her eyes from the harsh rays of the artificial sun as she looked into the artificial wild blue yonder for the benefit of a film crew.

Why the hell is Alto getting angry at Grace? And do you think Michael likes them bionic? And what do you know? Even Michael has a sore spot.

And hell yes! Vajra are back baby! After episode seven I was beginning to think they'd never be able to put up a decent fight again!

Michael dropped the ball, and gave us a nice firepower demonstration. Now we have a really good idea what kind of hits the Vajra can tank.

Well, it's interesting they're discussing their situation, but I'm a little confused by the apparent attrition Frontier is experiencing. Why would there be "poverty"? Is there some reason why water would be in short supply? What exactly was the mission Alto and company were attending?

Also Grace is in yer internetz, watching your secret meeting.

Yes! Finally! Klan is back, we've learned which of her Pixies is Nene (the pink haired one). Ah, you can smell the pride (and the loli).

Alto's back to being a jerk. Has this guy always taken everything as being personal? Seriously, would that be a fair statement? He takes everything personally even if it has nothing to do with him?

Yes, Nene. Hide behind your four foot tall Onee-sama. Hide and be cute.

Beat him, Michael, beat him good! And you're such a woman Luca! Shut the hell up!

Somehow "part-time jobs" doesn't sound appropiate when alluding to mercenary work. Also it's good to know that Ranka is still working at the Nyan Nyan.

Oh come on! That kind of beating, the swelling, the brusies, Alto should never be able to be called "Hime" again! And at least his complaining will net us a backstory, all because Karaina wants him to shut the hell up already.

Wow. The scene between Michael and Klan was great. Evidently his and his sister's guardian (we don't know if it was father, mother, or possibly elder sibling) died in service, his sister later joined the Spacy, and...

And the slap (why was he holding it's...cheek?). I'm loathed to read into that scene though, because it probably means Klan has feelings for the guy. I wonder if it was intentional? Confronting him while he was piloting a V-25 in mech mode?

Sheryl sure knows how to ruin her credibility. Lame indeed.

I guess joining a military outfit simply because you wanted to fly and had father issues is a pretty poor reason. Well, probably as good as any other when you get right down to it, so long as you know and admit why you did.

Poor Ranka.

And I never noticed how much alike Ozma and Bobby look-alike.

A nest? The things are capable of Fold travel, and could be operating remotely from a carrier. I suppose it stands to reason to at least search asteriod fields and other spacial bodies though. There might be a nest, there might not be a nest, they simply don't know.

Well, not much to say about the dog-fight. Everyone got a piece of Bresra. I'm convinced yet again that the whole sniper thing is silly and too situation dependent. I do hope we never have to see another tug-o-war like that again just so that Michael can be useful. Klan didn't fire a single missle though a very nice intuition shot with her shoulder cannon. So much chasing though.
Old 2008-05-31, 00:31   Link #110
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Well, at least it confirmed that KK is Micheal's osanajimi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
What is a osanajimi?
HEATHENS! Burn the heretics to the stake for misspelling osananajimi!

Alto and who? Forget him and his 'harem', I'm shipping KlanXMikhail all the way. (having hear Klan say the magical O-N word was like music to my ears lol) Not like they really need it, as they're all but destined to be together even before that revelation lol.

And yes, Brera must die for even so much grazing Klan, let alone disabling her. GRRR!

And why didn't Mikhail show any reaction to her being shot down, despite her acting like the typical childhood friend just moments before in their bonding scene? Must... make... him... see... the... light. Osana-najimi forever!

Speaking of Brera, now we seem to have a love square. Brera <-- Ranka --> Alto <-- Sheryl. Huzzah for love polygons! Macross is awesome, though I would've loved music to be more prominent in this episode (to be fair, we do hear some new music I think during the hand out tissue scene)

I would laugh though if Brera actually turned good, is really Ranka's cousin, and replaces that glasses guy as her producer lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-05-31, 00:38   Link #111
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I would laugh though if Brera actually turned good, is really Ranka's cousin, and replaces that glasses guy as her producer lol.

Anyways, I'm glad that the "Whoring" of Sheryl stopped for a while...
Old 2008-05-31, 00:47   Link #112
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I called father. It's hard to say if he's bad. So far he's contented himself with wrecking SMS equipment, though this last time around was a battle and a very dangerous one at that.
Old 2008-05-31, 00:56   Link #113
rpgman1

Like this episode very much after that trainwreck of the previous episode. Seems that Alto is just all talk and no bite, even Michael showed him with those flurry of punches. Klan is very cute as a child and she can even slap a Valkyrie with ease. Seems that Grace has been snooping around too much and will likely get killed in the future for eavesdropping (or spying). Brera really is a good pilot, but taking on three SMS pilots is impossible in my book.
Old 2008-05-31, 01:01   Link #114
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

haha.. bitch slapped in a mech. how great is that. Klan is excellent. <3
Old 2008-05-31, 01:56   Link #115
ani_d

I'm amazed Mikhail has the guts to piss off Klan Klein when she can drag him from his VF and tear him to shreds literally. He's just lucky Klan's into him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

Add Ranka turning into a self-centered twotimer, a heartbroken Alto comforted by Sheryl and an SDF Macross deja vu ending fitted for an original Macross Frontier story. If that happens, I would be laughing too lol
Old 2008-05-31, 04:04   Link #116
cerrian

Well now....ep 9 revealed a whole bunch of things to us.

- Ranka's little green friend, the panty theif, is actually a Vajra. Also, that red dot on its forehead...it's a 3rd eye that blinks at around 16:25.

- Grace is more than just Sheryl's manager. For whatever reason she's familiar enough with NUNS internal issues that she recognizes Michael as the younger brother of Jessica Blanc. Then there's the whole scene of Grace tapping into the Presidential meeting followed by another scene later on of a female voice issuing order to Beara. It's heavily hinted that Grace is related to Beara.

- The theory that Leon is a bad guy who is somehow involved with the development/control of the Vajra is nearly shot down in this episode. It comes damn close to vindicating Leon of the 'traitorous' atmosphere that has been surrounding him from the beginning.

- The VF-27 is equipped with a weapon that can take down a capital class ship.

- Micro/Macro process is shown.

- The Klan-Michael romance side story officially got under way.

- Bobby...the guy can go from GAY --> GAR in a blink of an eye. Truth be told, he's a bit of a surprise character that I never suspected we'd be cheering on way back when the series first started.

- There's finally some movement with Alto's character development....some small steps but at least we have an idea of what direction it's heading.

- I kinda miss the narrative opening that they've had for all the other episodes. Those narrations were great at fleshing out the universe and Macross history. I hope they pick it back up with the next episode.

- I'm really disappointed with how NUNS and the regular military are being depicted. For all intents and purposes they are nothing more than cannon fodder used to make our cast of characters look more like heroes.
Old 2008-05-31, 04:51   Link #117
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I'd support this, because it doesn't really matter who he's with since all Alto does is fold planes and complain. A true rivalry might actually make him interesting again, even if it's of a homoerotic nature.
Just realized now, with all the prettiness this AltoxBrera generates, it could very well be yuri. Now we've found a bug in the yuri goggles
Old 2008-05-31, 04:55   Link #118
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I think the episode makes it obvious that Alto has basically run from home and his military career (as everybody could have guessed) was an alternative plan for him. The episode made that crystal clear and I think that actually will help Alto deal with his family the earlier he confronts it.

Also, I spot a lot of Korean and Vietnamese names on the credits and the episode looked beautiful. Who says outsourcing automatically leads to bad animation? It's obviously the good old Macross budget fluctuation.

PS- Nom Nom basically is a 4chan fad/meme that stemmed from some sort of an image macro. I think it's safe to say it's largely a 4chan thing now.
Old 2008-05-31, 05:05   Link #119
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Burner of Anime if we are right that the VF-27 is made by General Galaxy it would explain why it can't be seen.

General Galaxy specializes on stealth variable fighters like the VF-17 and VF-22.
It's a bright maroon VF with a big honking gun. How can something like this 'not' be seen

Methinks they're pushing the stealth aspect a little too far. Who knows, maybe it blinds the opponent's sensors from shear GARishness
Old 2008-05-31, 05:27   Link #120
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

If the experimental stuff in Galaxy was as advertised, I wouldn't be surprised if the VF-27 has stealth, advanced propulsion system, advanced weaponry (pretty obvious from how powerful that beam was) amongst other things. Also it looked like the pilot doesn't need a conventional interface at all. Truly a freak of a mecha, even by mecha standards.
Closed Thread