AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st - rating
Perfect 10 61 43.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 30.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 8.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-01, 00:27   Link #2121
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Lies! Dammit!
Lies, damn lies... and translations!!!

Erio Mondial (14)
CV: Marina Inoue
Works at the Remote/Frontier Nature Conservation Corps as a dragon rider Knight.
Fate is his guardian, and has a sibling like relationship with Caro.
Recently has been increasingly showing off to Caro, but it seems Caro enjoys it, Fate and those who looked after him first are smiling rather knowingly and thinking/wondering if that’s all there is to it or if there’s more. (bad trans: Jap text: 近頃ますますキャロに振り回される日々が続いているが、キャロが楽しそうなのと、フェイトをはじめ見守って くれる人達がにこにこしちるので、まあこれでいいのかなと思ったり思わなかったり。)
Lately has gone a growth spurt (alt trans: has grown in height a lot).

In other words, someone is discovering his hormones after being a sweet shouta.
Old 2011-01-01, 00:45   Link #2122
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Let's be fair. As young as they are, plus with their technical familial relations, it'd be little surprise for Erio and Caro to have a sibling-like relationship. But they are young, and things can change as they grow older, as is already noted.
Old 2011-01-01, 12:00   Link #2123
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Any young boys, if they don't have that "girls are icky!" mentality, can and will enjoy sibling relationships with some girls, if they are friends. but when hormones kick in, yes, they will begin to re-evaluate their relationships with women. At age 14, Erio is in that prime territory.

Of course, this being Nanoha, nothing will be confirmed until the pair have been put out to pasture, on relegated to minor characters (ie, after Force).

I'd say the bigger ship sinking is that last entry. ;p
Old 2011-01-01, 15:13   Link #2124
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Ah, the smell of ship sinking xD
Not necessarily. I mean, you hear stories about siblings in anime... especially with little-sister-not-related-by-blood...
Old 2011-01-01, 17:55   Link #2125
Nagumo
Random Translator

Spoiler for Large image:

There's a magic dictionary with the DVD booklet as well.

I translated the last entry. It's the shortest.

Farewell/Parting
The two girls, who met, fought, misunderstood each other utterly, and finally come to an understanding.
The girl who reached out with her hand and feelings, and the girl who reached out to take/accept it.
They exchange ribbons to remember each other by as the two share tears and smiles as they bid each other farewell.
(Trans note: Being a little poetical here. But I think it captures the mood best)
Old 2011-01-01, 18:05   Link #2126
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Offhand, are the commentary tracks on the Blu-ray also subtitled in English?
Old 2011-01-01, 19:08   Link #2127
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
So I finally felt like watching the movie. It was good, I certainly didn't feel like I wasted my time nor do I have any particular complaints about it. The visuals looked good, though some of the CG backgrounds were rather noticable, particular when in 'high speed dodging mode', but hardly a real issue. That said, I have seen movies that are by far much greater.

Was nice seeing first season era Arf again, and even if Yuuno's role was greatly down played, at least he got a couple of moments

The focus given to Fate's backstory I felt wasn't so much focusing on Fate, but rather was focusing on Precia and her descent into madness. I rather liked that as it added so much to her character. Though I have to wonder how exactly Alicia died... I mean, if she got caught in that explosion, then why was there no damage what so ever? Did she die from radiation or something? How come Precia lived when she was at ground zero? Linith managed to live some how as well...

Anyways, yeah, I felt Precia played a much larger role in the movie and personally I found it to be the most interesting portion of the film.

Oh, and the re-designs of the mecha mooks were pretty awesome

Since season 1 didn't have that many memorable moments aside from the ones that made it into the movie, I suppose I could recomend a newcomer to watch the movie instead of the TV series if they're so inclined.
Old 2011-01-01, 19:27   Link #2128
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I thought the Linith we see in the franchise isn't Alicia's Linith, rather Precia named the mountain cat she contracted after her daughter's pet.
Old 2011-01-01, 19:29   Link #2129
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I thought the Linith we see in the franchise isn't Alicia's Linith, rather Precia named the mountain cat she contracted after her daughter's pet.
The thing Precia contracted with was Alicia's pet.
Old 2011-01-01, 19:50   Link #2130
Kallen4life

Quote:
Though I have to wonder how exactly Alicia died... I mean, if she got caught in that explosion, then why was there no damage what so ever? Did she die from radiation or something? How come Precia lived when she was at ground zero?
I wonder about this too
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-01-01, 19:51   Link #2131
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

So maybe whatever magical radiation that killed Alicia doesn't effect animals, though in the one shot Linith is clearly lying on the floor and appears dead... So I guess Precia could have cloned Linith too off screen.

And yeah, I'm going with radiation, cuz those guys were wearing hazmat suits when they found her body.

I found it amusing that the true cause of the accident and Alicia's death was executive meddling
Old 2011-01-01, 20:57   Link #2132
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
So maybe whatever magical radiation that killed Alicia doesn't effect animals, though in the one shot Linith is clearly lying on the floor and appears dead... So I guess Precia could have cloned Linith too off screen.

And yeah, I'm going with radiation, cuz those guys were wearing hazmat suits when they found her body.
Well apparently Precia's research has something to do with a new type of energy (or something), so who knows. Though I don't get why a familiar expert gets a job at the electric company , omnidisciplionary scientist perhaps?

Quote:
I found it amusing that the true cause of the accident and Alicia's death was executive meddling
The link doesn't mention her death, so you're gonna have to elaborate on that one...
Old 2011-01-01, 21:07   Link #2133
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Hes probably referring to how Precia had different plans than what her employer did, which is what caused the accident, since Precia was forced into activating it before she thought it was perfected. Why it's amusing kind of baffles me, though.
Old 2011-01-01, 21:21   Link #2134
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Well apparently Precia's research has something to do with a new type of energy (or something), so who knows. Though I don't get why a familiar expert gets a job at the electric company , omnidisciplionary scientist perhaps?
Well it seems she was an energy expert first but then switched her research to artificial life such as familiars and beyond so she could revive Alicia.

And yeah, what Demi said. The executives pushed ahead the scheduel and then insisted on doing their own safety checks. Needless to say it didn't turn out right.

I think I find it amusing because it made me think of that trope Executive meddling ruins everything
Old 2011-01-01, 21:44   Link #2135
Jimmy C

About Linith, it's been said she's a clone too.
Old 2011-01-01, 22:54   Link #2136
Nagumo
Random Translator

Magic Dictionary
Stinger Blade

A spell that create many magical blades, the spell can be shot/discharged to destroy multiple targets.
It also possible to have each individual blade target a different, unique target.
It is difficult to defend efficiently against this attack of magical blades due to its target control, and is an extremely effective mass group/anti personnel attack.
Old 2011-01-25, 05:07   Link #2137
klare

a bit late but finally watched this

this is a very good-looking movie, the animation and the aerial combat is amazing

unexpected:
- an extra character in Precia's flashback
- Precia's elaborated story (it was well told)
- while transforming, they were shown naked...

and poor Yuuno, he met Nanoha first, he gets to stay in Nanoha's room, but Nanoha only always talk about the girl with lonely eyes...

with this quality, a 2nd movie will be welcomed
Old 2011-01-25, 05:34   Link #2138
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
- an extra character in Precia's flashback
You see her in Fate's dream sequence in A's, in case you forgot.

Quote:
and poor Yuuno, he met Nanoha first, he gets to stay in Nanoha's room, but Nanoha only always talk about the girl with lonely eyes...
That's not any different from the series, is it?
Old 2011-01-25, 11:51   Link #2139
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
I FINALLY figured it out!

WHY the movie was both horrible and annoying.

It's Raising Heart itself!

It had ALL of its modes, powers and abilities pre-loaded before Nanoha got it.

The thing is, RH had EVERYTHING already loaded up and ready to go.

So...

Nanoha, an untrained, completely normal girl gets RH and does better than Yuuno with it in the movie. Same as the series, right?

WRONG!

In the series, Nanoha, when activating Raising Heart, thinks up the staff and cannon modes.

In the movie, the modes and spells are already there. (Which, to me, makes Nanoha LESS Intelligent and LESS Imaginative than she really is.)

So...

WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THEY LET YUUNO SHOW THEM OFF FIRST?!

Seriously, if they were pre-loaded, they could have had Yuuno using them and he got injured in the process while using them, THAT would been a LOT better for the movie.

But, no, they didn't do that, they just pander to the -cuts off the next words due to just being pure flamebait material-

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2011-01-25, 12:04   Link #2140
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THEY LET YUUNO SHOW THEM OFF FIRST?!
I don't get it. Even if they let Yuuno do this, Nanoha would still be the *ahem* "LESS Intelligent and LESS Imaginative than she really is", wouldn't she?