AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-06, 11:54   Link #1381
blottyparchment

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Are there any updates on the Code Geass site?
They've updated info about DVD3, with Suzaku on the cover. And what I know about is...I'll just copy what I posted in the Kallen thread:

Spoiler for DVD3 picture drama:

The audio commentary for the 3rd dvd will be done by Fukuyama Jun, Koshimizu Ami, Teraoka Kenji (mecha design), and Toba Satoshi?? (I dunno know how to read this guy's name ^^)

As for other products:

There's the collector's item blue boards, and "Transcient Happiness Curry" featuring Rolo and Lelouch. Yes, curry named for Rolo and Lelouch. XD

Just check out the official website for images.

Other than that, there isn't much of a change in the character profiles and the correlative chart, to my knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Drop it. This message probably stems from BAIDU. Too many simplified chinese characters in it....

And the wording is more than confusing.......perhaps just a masterpiece of translation softwares....
It's probably back translated. Japanese -> Chinese -> Japanese

Most of the time, when you go that route, you lose the essence of the original text ^^

Last edited by blottyparchment; 2008-10-06 at 11:55. Reason: added something
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 11:58   Link #1382
Narona
Emotionless White Face

There is also a news (09/29/2008) on the official code geass staff blog: http://geass.at.webry.info/200809/article_3.html

I don't know what they are talking about but the photos are weird :O

Spoiler for save space:
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 12:00   Link #1383
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post

It's probably back translated. Japanese -> Chinese -> Japanese

Most of the time, when you go that route, you lose the essence of the original text ^^
The problem is....I can find such kind of message nowhere but BAIDU...
Anything new from 2ch?
And trolls on BAIDU really enjoy to fool people who don't know any Japanese....

BTW, how long are you trying to hide a certain fanart drawn by roon? XDDDDD
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 12:11   Link #1384
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
I'm wondering about the Newtype stuff. Are the three magazines just not out yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
There is also a news (09/29/2008) on the official code geass staff blog: http://geass.at.webry.info/200809/article_3.html

Trying to see the pictures. I believe I fixed the damaged links for the images in the spoiler.
Old 2008-10-06, 14:00   Link #1385
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I'm wondering about the Newtype stuff. Are the three magazines just not out yet?

Trying to see the pictures. I believe I fixed the damaged links for the images in the spoiler.
I dunno about anyone else, but when I tried to view the pictures, it gave me a Forbidden error, saying I didn't have authorization to view the pictures.
Old 2008-10-06, 14:09   Link #1386
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I dunno about anyone else, but when I tried to view the pictures, it gave me a Forbidden error, saying I didn't have authorization to view the pictures.
I got an error too but it loaded for me when I came into this thread again

Click on this link http://geass.at.webry.info/200809/article_3.html Even though it's in Japanese you can view the pictures.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 14:28   Link #1387
Shadow Kira01

It'd be cool if an ova comes out for "Code Geass: Tales of Alternate Shogunate", a mecha and shinsengumi crossover. However, I doubt it though.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 17:57   Link #1388
Isegrim

Quote:

Spoiler for save space:
That's about the "Cafe Geass" event, which took place at the "Cafe Mailish" in Akihabara during 2 weekends in september. The waitresses did Cosplay (all female), and to my surpise, the non-gaijin-customers were also almost female-only (maybe they better move that event from a meido-kissaten to a shitsuji-kissaten, if they plan on holding it again ). Several CG-based cocktails, some posters on the walls and all OPs/EDs as background music.
Old 2008-10-06, 18:09   Link #1389
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
Spoiler for for space:
I realized something. Seeing how this Picture Drama is an event that happened a year ago. That kind of implies that this is someone's memories. Why else cover an event that happened a year ago?
Old 2008-10-06, 18:59   Link #1390
TeresaFaintSmile
Bishou no Teresa

Question

Spoiler for season 3?:
TeresaFaintSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 19:02   Link #1391
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I realized something. Seeing how this Picture Drama is an event that happened a year ago. That kind of implies that this is someone's memories. Why else cover an event that happened a year ago?
I think it is the production staff decision. I am under the impression they were not satisfied with R2 at all. So they want to re-establish the fell of R1 once again. Anything that's Code Geass related might be concentrated around R1. If they get to do another Code Geass, it might take place around R1 and expand from there. Almost like an alternate universe setting. They know who their real target audience are. So they want to do right by the true fans because they know that R2 was below everyone's expectations in comparison to R1.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 19:07   Link #1392
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaFaintSmile View Post
Spoiler for season 3?:
This would be a compete shock to me if the news of a R3 is true. Code Geass is popular enough to warrent another season. But I never would have guessed that it would continue beyond R2 after Lelouch dies. Although there is still a lot of unresolved issues with this series. If a 3rd season is on the table, I hope that it goes back to its original late night timeslot.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 19:09   Link #1393
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

I personally believe that a Witch x Warlock ending will NOT happen.

Lelouch seems to have only platonic feelings for C.C. I'm one ot argue that unless C.C. loses her immortality, and romance is unlikely.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 19:16   Link #1394
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I personally believe that a Witch x Warlock ending will NOT happen.

Lelouch seems to have only platonic feelings for C.C. I'm one ot argue that unless C.C. loses her immortality, and romance is unlikely.
Imo, the same can be said about kallen. He only blushed with shirley. But if you think that I am wrong, explain why it is not platonic with kallen, please.
Old 2008-10-06, 19:21   Link #1395
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Imo, the same can be said about kallen. He only blushed with shirley. But if you think that I am wrong, explain why it is not platonic with kallen, please.
If we consider C.C. as platonic and Shirley has romantic, Kallen would be in the middle. Given that Kallen has always been a mixture of roles, it would be likely that Lelouch would feel both platonic and romantic (which we shall never know the extent of unless Sunrise releases the info) love for Kallen.
Old 2008-10-06, 19:22   Link #1396
iceyfw

Quote:
Spoiler for season 3?:
i have heard that rumor from all over the anime forums/blogs. but it seems no one can find the legit source. it does give one hope if it's true for you CG people
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 19:25   Link #1397
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Spoiler for season 3?:
*Facepalm*

Given that Taniguchi said that Code Geass is OVER, I doubt this.
Old 2008-10-06, 19:28   Link #1398
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
If we consider C.C. as platonic and Shirley has romantic, Kallen would be in the middle. Given that Kallen has always been a mixture of roles, it would be likely that Lelouch would feel both platonic and romantic (which we shall never know the extent of unless Sunrise releases the info) love for Kallen.
That's no proof kang. The fact that kallen shows her feelings doesn't mean that lelouch shown anything romantic towards her.

I don't say that I am right (I could be wrong XD ), but as far as I see it, I don't see any romantic reactions towards her shown by lelouch. (and for those who will bring the "live on", I really see it as far fetched to see that as Love confession or such things)

People are always talking about c.c.'s feelings, kallen's feelings etc. But me I ask for proof about lelouch's feelings.

Kallen showed her interest towards him a lot, does that mean that he feels the same, I mean a romantic feelings? Not necessarily.

If I tell you that I love you and that I will chase you up to the center of the earth, does that mean that you will obviously love me because I put a lot of efforts in it? No. ^^
Old 2008-10-06, 19:32   Link #1399
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
*Facepalm*

Given that Taniguchi said that Code Geass is OVER, I doubt this.
This line proves this is fake
Quote:
CG r2 Lelouch death explained:
remember the pact Lelouch and C.C. (Cecilia) made that "what ever happens he musn't die) the Lelouch that was stabbed was his maid(the japanese girl) Lelouch and that female switch places many times before.
For one I find it hard to believe that anyone in the know would refer to Sayako as 'maid(the Japanese girl)'.
For another. If that was Sayako, how could she of shown Nunnally all of Lelouch's memories of events she was never there for?
Old 2008-10-06, 19:37   Link #1400
Lie

Quote:
That's no proof kang. The fact that kallen shows her feelings doesn't mean that lelouch shown anything romantic towards her.

I don't say that I am right, but as far as I see it, I don't see any romantic reactions towards her shown by lelouch. (and for those who will bring the "live on", I really see it as far fetched to see that as Love confession or such things)

People are always talking about c.c.'s feelings, kallen's feelings etc. But me I ask for proof about lelouch's feelings.

Kallen showed her interest towards him a lot, does that mean that he feels the same, I mean a romantic feelings? Not necessarily.

If I tell you that I love you and that I will chase you up to the center of the earth, does that mean that you will obviously love me because I put a lot of efforts in it? No.
There is a not-so "canon" way to judge what characters mean to one another. While seiyu may not know much about the script and what character interactions are meant to mean down the road, they are told by Taniguchi how to act their parts. What emotions to inflect and what to make the general mood come out to be. He has to tell them this. This is why he had to tell Amesuki about the meaning of the kiss, she has to know how to act the part, what emotion to put in her voice, and so on. If we look at Yukana's role, it has never been elaborated on to have any form of romantic meaning within it. Yukana herself said she saw the two as mother and child, and this, while not from the mouth of god, still gives us an idea for what Taniguchi wanted to put forth because she (Yukana) is the one putting the emotions into what C.C. says and does. This idea does run aground somewhat when you look to Jun Fukuyama though it arguably fits if we look at it as his character is an absolute idiot when it comes to romance.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote