AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-22, 20:41   Link #1081
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Spoiler for for reply:
I agree! Seiko is a sweet girl, and she deserves better.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 20:44   Link #1082
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Don't you guys mean Seishiro? =p
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 21:13   Link #1083
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
She asked you not to call her that!
Old 2007-07-22, 22:22   Link #1084
kauldron26
Med Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by aONErox View Post
i started to watch this series but got bored of it after episode 13-ish nothing against anyone that likes this series it just sloped and got boring to me but it was funn-ah
same thing sort of happened to me. if u look back u can see how much i was hailing and praising the show, but then after that episode when she throws the chocolate at him sort of killed everything i loved about the show. i guess i'll wait til its over. come to think of it ive been doing a whoooole lot of that lately. the only show that i actually keep up with now is Darker than Black. everything else i dl and save till i feel like watching. I was hoping thus show could be on par with midori no hibi, h&c or Nana. but we'll see.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 02:59   Link #1085
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
at last i can catch up from episode 12 until episode 15
Spoiler:

about new OP and ED
the songs is okay
but the scenes of OP so many spolier
in my prediction this anime won't be 26 epsiodes
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 05:56   Link #1086
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Even if the day comes and she grows a moustache, she will always be Seiko in my eyes
Old 2007-07-23, 06:31   Link #1087
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
in my prediction this anime won't be 26 epsiodes
At this point, I would expect the series to be at least 26 episodes. This is just a guess, based on the fact that they changed the OP and ED after episode 13. Normally, they do that sort of thing in the middle of a series, so if 13 was half the season, I would expect the second half to be another 13, for 26 total.

Plus, 12-13 and 24-26 seem to be the most common lengths for anime series these days, so I would be very supprised to see it end with less than 24 episodes.
Old 2007-07-23, 07:40   Link #1088
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I can't believe this thread has had so much discussion in the past four days between the last time I watched and commented on episodes of this series.

Ep 15

If it wasn't for the fact that the ending is pretty much a forgone conclusion (let's face it, endings in romance series are rarely unpredictable, but it's the path they take to get there that makes them so appealing), I'd have said that Otani and Risa are virtually an impossibility at this stage. I mean, seemingly, all the odds are against them, and they have so many differences and hurdles to overcome before they can become a couple. But, this is a romance series, so they'll overcome them, the question is "how".

Third wheels always make such series interesting, but I don't like the fact that they've gone for the unlikable type. There's more drama when the third wheel is a legitimate possibility (although it does seem to piss off a lot of fans when the third wheel is so sympathetic that they become more popular than the lead, but inevitably get shafted, eg, Midori no Hibi). I'm not sure I'm a fan of jealousy keeping the slim possibility of Otani eventually becoming attracted to Risa alive, since it's so trite, but, at this stage, I can't think of anything else that can keep the possibility alive, since Otani has categorically stated that he's not interested in her, and she now knows this full well. The way I see it, their relationship is pretty much on its deathbed, with jealousy of Maity acting as the life support.

I'm not a fan of the current set up, but I guess I'll wait and see what they do with it.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 09:29   Link #1089
nanafan
horo fan

Spoiler for episode 15:
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 09:48   Link #1090
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Otani has categorically stated that he's not interested in her
Wait, you bought that act?
Old 2007-07-23, 10:01   Link #1091
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
HAHAHAHAHA.
Old 2007-07-23, 10:46   Link #1092
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Anyone I have a favor to ask. Could anyone make an animated avatar of Risa's mad face when she was munching the bread at the start of the episode?

That shot was priceless and for posterity!
Ask and you shall recieve.

I hope that's what you were looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
First and foremost, physics223, I LOVE your avatar.

But yours came out OK, and you got a "key moment"! It's probably surprising to people who haven't seen the series, but that moment isn't even really a spoiler!
What's the series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
i thought there were only 10 volumes?
Spoiler for haruka:
Spoiler for Response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvenya View Post
As far as I know there are 16 volumes of Lovely complex. Episode 16 disappointed me because they left something out that I was really looking forward to at the end.
10 now 16? Wth... let's get some facts straight people... anyone have an info link to the correct number?

Quote:
I can't believe this thread has had so much discussion in the past four days between the last time I watched and commented on episodes of this series.
I know, i left the thread (and asuki) alone over the weekend... and it sprouted like 4 pages. I suppose I should have anticipated a swirl of discussion after ep 15 released, just didn't think it was gonna be this much.

Quote:
Ep 15

If it wasn't for the fact that the ending is pretty much a forgone conclusion (let's face it, endings in romance series are rarely unpredictable, but it's the path they take to get there that makes them so appealing), I'd have said that Otani and Risa are virtually an impossibility at this stage. I mean, seemingly, all the odds are against them, and they have so many differences and hurdles to overcome before they can become a couple. But, this is a romance series, so they'll overcome them, the question is "how".
Spoiler for Response & Spoiler for future?:

Quote:
Third wheels always make such series interesting, but I don't like the fact that they've gone for the unlikable type. There's more drama when the third wheel is a legitimate possibility (although it does seem to piss off a lot of fans when the third wheel is so sympathetic that they become more popular than the lead, but inevitably get shafted, eg, Midori no Hibi). I'm not sure I'm a fan of jealousy keeping the slim possibility of Otani eventually becoming attracted to Risa alive, since it's so trite, but, at this stage, I can't think of anything else that can keep the possibility alive, since Otani has categorically stated that he's not interested in her, and she now knows this full well. The way I see it, their relationship is pretty much on its deathbed, with jealousy of Maity acting as the life support.
Oh god... I always feel like a third-wheel these days, perhaps that's why my "Couple" friends keep asking me to come with them to things.

Quote:
I'm not a fan of the current set up, but I guess I'll wait and see what they do with it.
Spoiler for Speculation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
Spoiler for episode 15:
The questions were bleeped out on the raw.

Spoiler for NON PG-13 Discussion:

Quote:
lol, nice to see you back and posting SoL, where were you?
ReAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:52   Link #1093
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

@ReAn

It's Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Cool avy, huh?
Old 2007-07-23, 11:16   Link #1094
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Quote:
@ReAn

It's Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Cool avy, huh?
It's きれい.

=D

Edit: I need to get more of you on my MSN list so we can have interesting anime conversations @ work. =D

Last edited by ReAn; 2007-07-23 at 11:59.
Old 2007-07-23, 13:40   Link #1095
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReAn View Post
Spoiler for Response:
Well ... about that pairing
Spoiler for speculation:

Quote:
10 now 16? Wth... let's get some facts straight people... anyone have an info link to the correct number?
16 volumes, 62 chapters.

Quote:
lol, nice to see you back and posting SoL, where were you?
Huh, what, I was gone?

About Ootani's outburst once again ... aren't we long past the "I don't like Koizumi or anything." stage? Since about episode one? And his jealousy was hardly to overlook.
Old 2007-07-23, 13:59   Link #1096
Nvenya

I get the feeling that Otani is falling for Koizumi. At first it is obvious that he can't even imagine Koizumi as his girlfriend. Now I think his feelings have changed, albiet slowly, and he is just having a hard time accepting them. Then again Otani is so dense it might not be a matter of acceptance, but rather nearsightedness. I think the jealousy he is feeling will help to penetrate his brainlessness.
Nvenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 14:07   Link #1097
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Quote:
Huh, what, I was gone?

About Ootani's outburst once again ... aren't we long past the "I don't like Koizumi or anything." stage? Since about episode one? And his jealousy was hardly to overlook.
Yea, you didn't post for over a week or so, thought you went away or something.

As for otani's outburst, i think it was more of a general iritation cuz she started treating him like shit, not to mention this maity figure who he's already uncomfortable with was harrassing him, i think it was more of a dismissal thing to maity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvenya View Post
I get the feeling that Otani is falling for Koizumi. At first it is obvious that he can't even imagine Koizumi as his girlfriend. Now I think his feelings have changed, albiet slowly, and he is just having a hard time accepting them. Then again Otani is so dense it might not be a matter of acceptance, but rather nearsightedness. I think the jealousy he is feeling will help to penetrate his brainlessness.
Too bad he's been pushing her away for so long
Old 2007-07-23, 14:12   Link #1098
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I guess that old saying you dont know what you have till its gone comes into play here. Otani has got some real work to do if he has finally made up his mind. IMO it has always been there it just took a situation like what is happening now to bring it out. He better hope its not too little too late.
Old 2007-07-23, 14:56   Link #1099
Slice of Life
eyewitness

To support Ootani a bit: Don't forget that he can't know everything we know. Most importantly, he can't look into Risa's head (and the anime plays a lot in her head). He only sees the sudden outbursts. He also doesn't know that he's the male lead in a shoujo romance.

Risa is giving a lot of mixed signals for quite some time, to put it mildly. "Just forget anything happened." "No, don't forget!", "OK, OK, I'll give you some chocolate if you insist." "What, you don't want my precious chocolate?" "I hate you!" "I love you!" "Why are you so small?" When you drive an inertial mass at high frequencies it won't move at all.

Remember, men have a shorter life expectancy than women. We can't waste time on analyzing such baroque patterns of female thinking.

Of course there are also examples of real thickheadness, for example Sherlock Ootani's attempts to figure out who Risa is in love with. ("Hmmm, shorter than her, in the basketball club.") But that can be chalked off as comedy element. Even if Risa had told him that Mr. X is wearing his pants he probably just would have tried to hunt down the pervert.
Old 2007-07-23, 15:57   Link #1100
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Quote:
To support Ootani a bit: Don't forget that he can't know everything we know. Most importantly, he can't look into Risa's head (and the anime plays a lot in her head). He only sees the sudden outbursts. He also doesn't know that he's the male lead in a shoujo romance.
I wouldn't want to be inside risa's head... or even try to comprehend it, i have troubles timing it!

Quote:
Risa is giving a lot of mixed signals for quite some time, to put it mildly. "Just forget anything happened." "No, don't forget!", "OK, OK, I'll give you some chocolate if you insist." "What, you don't want my precious chocolate?" "I hate you!" "I love you!" "Why are you so small?" When you drive an inertial mass at high frequencies it won't move at all.
I totally agree with you, totally. Everyone's on risa's side, but poor otani has really been pushed and shoved around in the whole experience, not the most helathy way to enter a relationship. Although, there's some things he coulda done better to not hurt risa so much.

Quote:
Remember, men have a shorter life expectancy than women. We can't waste time on analyzing such baroque patterns of female thinking.
K, so totally jacked this quote for my MSN name. Simply brilliant.

Quote:
Of course there are also examples of real thickheadness, for example Sherlock Ootani's attempts to figure out who Risa is in love with. ("Hmmm, shorter than her, in the basketball club.") But that can be chalked off as comedy element. Even if Risa had told him that Mr. X is wearing his pants he probably just would have tried to hunt down the pervert.
/agree

Tags
comedy, romance