AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-04-12, 05:45   Link #37861
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Naw, we have an adventure archeologist and an arcane piece of ancient literature - The Mummy.

"A little reading never hurt anyone..."

*opens book and reads*

"No, you must not read from the book!"

*ancient evil sets free*
Old 2013-04-12, 05:47   Link #37862
Hoki
Professor Lech

Come to think of it, the Ark of the Covenant could be written as a Lost Logia. The same can be said for the Holy Grail.

Or we could write him uncovering some sort of ancient conspiracy, like the Saint Church keeping some sort of secret and clues to that secret can be found in the portrait of Olivie.

That would be something wouldn't it?
Old 2013-04-12, 06:15   Link #37863
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post
Indiana Scrya? Yuuno Raider?

Must have rolling balls of rock and elegant traps with spikes.
Magic rolling balls of rock and elegant traps with spikes.

We'll also need OCs, some threats, Yuuno being the badass he is. Someone write this up.

Also, Material Days is a good Yuuno fic.
Old 2013-04-12, 06:21   Link #37864
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Possible threats: Pirates (spaces or land) - hey, this is priceless and powerful artifacts we're talking about; bounty hunters - if a crime lord really want something, either as a tool or decorations, they get these guys; cultists trying to revive an old empires; TSAB enemies...

My opinion: You want a good and badass Yuuno fic, get Yasanagi or Old Iron on the board pronto.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 06:29   Link #37865
Hoki
Professor Lech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Possible threats: Pirates (spaces or land) - hey, this is priceless and powerful artifacts we're talking about; bounty hunters - if a crime lord really want something, either as a tool or decorations, they get these guys; cultists trying to revive an old empires; TSAB enemies...

My opinion: You want a good and badass Yuuno fic, get Yasanagi or Old Iron on the board pronto.
I see Yasanagi and Old Iron from time to time. Guess they're too busy to write something these days.

Speaking of Material Days, have there been any new chapters? I'm really looking forward to the Nanoha/Seikou, Fate/Rai, Hayate/Yami matches. Last I read was about the materials and Sette warding off a horde of dragons summoned by Caro.
Old 2013-04-12, 06:37   Link #37866
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Or too lazy. The two words are actually synonym to each other.
Old 2013-04-12, 06:43   Link #37867
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

So, who's gonna be the Short Round for Indiana Ferret? Also, we need space Nazis.
Kireen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 09:17   Link #37868
Andarkoshi
Resident Tentacle Monster

Mou... and I wanted to use Yuuno's archaeological knack to expand him in my story...

One thing, Yuuno will be probably Very VERY paranoid about inviting Nanoha to any of his expeditions Kaboom Happy Magical Girl and Ancient and Fragile Ruins just don't mix well
Andarkoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 09:58   Link #37869
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

Yeah, I immagine something like this to happen:

Nanoha: I'm sorry Yuuno-kun I didn't want to trigger that trap that buried us inside this big dark and scary temple.
Yuuno: Don't worry, we'll eventually get out from here, we just needto find the right path...
Nanoha: Oh, let me help with that! (Smiles happily) DIVINE BUSTER! (Blasts a hole in the roof, ruins start to crumble.)
Yuuno: Ghaa! What the hell did you do, this was one of the very few 'insert lost civilization here' temples still intact, we might have lost tons of precious archeogical information. (Starts crying in desperation.)
Nanoha:... I just wanted to help...T_T
Old 2013-04-12, 10:08   Link #37870
Hoki
Professor Lech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kireen View Post
Yeah, I immagine something like this to happen:

Nanoha: I'm sorry Yuuno-kun I didn't want to trigger that trap that buried us inside this big dark and scary temple.
Yuuno: Don't worry, we'll eventually get out from here, we just needto find the right path...
Nanoha: Oh, let me help with that! (Smiles happily) DIVINE BUSTER! (Blasts a hole in the roof, ruins start to crumble.)
Yuuno: Ghaa! What the hell did you do, this was one of the very few 'insert lost civilization here' temples still intact, we might have lost tons of precious archeogical information. (Starts crying in desperation.)
Nanoha:... I just wanted to help...T_T
Something tells me this is probably what will happen if Nanoha did go on archaeological sites with Yuuno.

I guess Yuuno would have better success going with Fate as his travel buddy.
Old 2013-04-12, 10:10   Link #37871
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoki View Post
Something tells me this is probably what will happen if Nanoha did go on archaeological sites with Yuuno.

I guess Yuuno would have better success going with Fate as his travel buddy.
Which would make Nanoha sad and thinking that she is The Unfavourite. Poor Yuuno, no matter what he does it ends Badly for him...
Old 2013-04-12, 10:14   Link #37872
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

The poor ferret will never have the love he deserves, unless your reading Material Days or Swords and Shields.

Last edited by Kireen; 2013-04-12 at 10:58.
Old 2013-04-12, 10:49   Link #37873
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kireen View Post
The poor ferret will never have the love he deseves, unless your reading Material Days or Swords and Shields.
He's the ferret the series deserves, but not the one it needs.

Sorry, can't resist.
Old 2013-04-12, 11:17   Link #37874
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
He's the ferret the series deserves, but not the one it needs.

Sorry, can't resist.
XDDDDD!!!

Aw! My lungs xD!

I've just imagined Yuuno saying that in Batman's narmtastic graspy voice xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 11:24   Link #37875
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

Yuuno: Because I'm...Ferretman! (Graspy voice + criminals hanging upside down and tied with chain binds.)
Old 2013-04-12, 11:50   Link #37876
Twi

When you think about it, his job is the reason his spells are so deadly. You don't need shooting magic when you can teleport a threat 60 feet under. He's probably one of the most dangerous combatants in the end.

Let's see, first chapter...

How about this, Yuuno is exploring an underwater temple that had a barrier around it to preserve the site as it sunk, magical constructs, and a unison device. After he retrieves the unison, a construct causes the barrier to begin to collapse and magical interference prevents him to teleporting out until he reaches a certain point.

Edit: I don't think Material Days has been updated since...this time last year. Shame, cause it amused me and Yuuno deserves love. Although I wander what the fall out would be once the mind-interference comes to light.
Old 2013-04-12, 11:54   Link #37877
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
When you think about it, his job is the reason his spells are so deadly. You don't need shooting magic when you can teleport a threat 60 feet under. He's probably one of the most dangerous combatants in the end.

Let's see, first chapter...

How about this, Yuuno is exploring an underwater temple that had a barrier around it to preserve the site as it sunk, magical constructs, and a unison device. After he retrieves the unison, a construct causes the barrier to begin to collapse and magical interference prevents him to teleporting out until he reaches a certain point.
A bit too abrupt, but a good start. Instead of a barrier, how about runes? That way, the anti-teleportation rules can also be incorporated.

About the site: A sort of Pharaoh-like tombs for someone from the Belka era? Hence the runes - which are protections against thiefs and raiders of the time.
Old 2013-04-12, 12:03   Link #37878
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

Sounds interesting, but instead of runes I'd say something like some anti theft magi tech devices, also the unison can become his sidekick later on, every archeologist needs his thrusty sidekick.
Old 2013-04-12, 12:08   Link #37879
Andarkoshi

Quote:
A bit too abrupt, but a good start. Instead of a barrier, how about runes? That way, the anti-teleportation rules can also be incorporated.

About the site: A sort of Pharaoh-like tombs for someone from the Belka era? Hence the runes - which are protections against thiefs and raiders of the time.
If it was a Really high-priotity site for the Ancient Belka guys then why not AMF or even that Magic Cancel which activated on Cradle after Nanoha neutralized Vivio?
Old 2013-04-12, 12:12   Link #37880
Twi

Also, let's have him find some other Lost Logia along with the Unison Device, that way we can have a faction seeking the item coming after him for it. After he gets the unison device and to safety he returns to a world where members of the Scrya clan are for a brief reprieve and to make a report to the TSAB about the Lost Logia. That's when they attack, seeking to retrieve it.

Also, let's call it the Scrya Chronicles.

What sort of personality should the device have?

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha