AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-20, 13:58   Link #961
Kafriel
Senior Guest

To their advantage is the fact that Mashiro's uncle was also a gag writer, and "fate" is the word for plot hax in this manga Also, we've only had a little bit of Tanto, and Shujin is currently facing a writer's block; it's what comes afterwards that will decide its fate as a manga fact.
I myself don't find Tanto bad, but Ashirogi's aiming for #1, and Tanto is just like Miura says: can stay at a respectable place and keep it for a long time, but getting #1 is very hard.
Old 2010-02-20, 14:30   Link #962
Xagzan

That recluse's angry face scared the crap out of me. Looked like an angry insect alien.
Old 2010-02-23, 15:25   Link #963
wingman32x

I have been loving Bakuman lately. I love how much of a genius Hattori is. Also, Eiji is playing the perfect rival. I don't think Tanto will do too well. It's too easy to have it succeed.
Old 2010-02-23, 20:47   Link #964
mammothb

well, i hope the tanto series gets cancelled soon since i don think that will be the series which gets them an anime. hope to see them work on the 'real' series soon:/
Old 2010-02-25, 12:09   Link #965
koohyuko

Spoiler for New Chapter:
Old 2010-02-25, 12:24   Link #966
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Hattori was hilarious this chapter. I would have loved to see how that conversation ended.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-02-25, 12:37   Link #967
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothb View Post
well, i hope the tanto series gets cancelled soon since i don think that will be the series which gets them an anime. hope to see them work on the 'real' series soon:/
It's popular with the kids, so i can easily see an anime in the future. Though the fact that the team aren't happy means something will happen, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Hattori.
Old 2010-02-25, 12:39   Link #968
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for page 75:
Old 2010-02-25, 13:59   Link #969
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 75:
Old 2010-02-25, 14:35   Link #970
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

on the other hand being able to draw in the under kids crowd is valuable as well.
Old 2010-02-25, 14:56   Link #971
Vree

At the current point, I really want Tanto to succeed. xD Mostly because everybody is underestmating it. But I think Miura has had a point there, everyone else at the moment at jump is just staying inside the status quo, sure they might be trying to raise the bar for already running manga genres but noone has really tried to attract new crowds or re-define the borders. Bringing in more kids as an audience would actually be a pretty reasonable way of causing a shift. Hattori was hoping for Ashori and the others to revolutionalize Jump and this could be a first step towards that.
Old 2010-02-25, 15:24   Link #972
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
Spoiler for 75:
I think this is the first time we see Hattori misread someone. Is he another one of those awesome but dense guys who suck at figuring out that people are romantically interested in him? It's rather interesting to see that in a side character for a change.

Eiji isn't disappointed in Tanto. He's disappointed that Ashirogi would sit on the 10th rank and not pull out anything new. On this, Mashiro agrees... but Takagi's the one who may be getting complacent. New conflict ftw.
Old 2010-02-25, 19:10   Link #973
Xion Valkyrie

Oooo burned. I can't wait to see Ashirogi's reaction to Nizuma's burn. XD
Old 2010-02-25, 20:34   Link #974
Wrath88
Kissing...

I also think Niizuma might play that trump card, but for now, I believe he'll simply not read Tanto, let that sink into Ashirogi to see how it'll play out first.
Old 2010-02-25, 21:22   Link #975
hehey

Personally, with Tanto's premise, i could easily see Shujin sneaking some dark in there ever so slowly till its just an incredibly dark manga. Like, maybe the inventor guy invents something that unfortunately causes some tragedy's to happen, or invents something of a nefarious nature that just makes some messed up things happen, i can see it.
Old 2010-02-26, 06:09   Link #976
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The problem with doing that is they might lose their fanbase (kids) and not necessarily gain that much more new fans. It's risky to change the mood of a manga like this. But I guess sometimes you just have to take risks, I just don't see that working with Tanto.
Old 2010-02-26, 06:45   Link #977
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
I think this is the first time we see Hattori misread someone. Is he another one of those awesome but dense guys who suck at figuring out that people are romantically interested in him? It's rather interesting to see that in a side character for a change.
Not really...

Hattori just doesn't see Iwase as relationship material at all. As he put it best - "You look like a kid to me" (his face was priceless when he thought that).

In that regard, I wouldn't call him dense at all as it would require quite a stretch of imagination to assume that someone like Iwase is romantically interested in him. Besides, I don't think Iwase is genuinely interested in him either - she just feels sore for being rejected by Takagi and just hops on to the next genius guy she can find.
Old 2010-02-26, 19:17   Link #978
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
So i was re-reading previous Bakuman chapters on OM, and I found it interesting and somewhat ironic how Takagi and Mashiro are breaking most of the 'rules' and advice that were mentioned earlier, like 'Never chase after popularity which is as transient as a flower, dig deep in the earth and put down roots' (from How to be Man in chapter 5), which is exactly what they are doing now with Miura as their editor, and what Hattori said in chapter 8, how most of the mangaka who hit it back did not calculate how best to have a hit, they just drew what they wanted.
Old 2010-02-27, 12:30   Link #979
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Not really...

Hattori just doesn't see Iwase as relationship material at all. As he put it best - "You look like a kid to me" (his face was priceless when he thought that).

In that regard, I wouldn't call him dense at all as it would require quite a stretch of imagination to assume that someone like Iwase is romantically interested in him. Besides, I don't think Iwase is genuinely interested in him either - she just feels sore for being rejected by Takagi and just hops on to the next genius guy she can find.
You noticed that too huh? How she hesitated when they asked her who it was she'd found, she started to say his name slowly as if she wasn't sure, like she was trying to think of someone good to really get to them.

But man I hope Hattori didn't say the wrong thing to her. It'll just make everything horribly awkward. But hey, at least there was a brief cute-Iwase moment, way sooner than I'd expected too.
Old 2010-03-05, 03:38   Link #980
Ehnra
Exceptions

And he finally said it! Damn this chapter really made me feel better about Mashiro, good boy! Can't wait to see how things turn out between them!

Tags
manga, shounen