AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-06, 21:09   Link #1
qwertyuiopz

games like ace attorney and time hollow

i dont really know what genres those two are but does anyone know games like these two? a lot of mystery and text reading, a couple of trial and errors with awesome background music

edit: ohh i found the term - visual novel
for ds please
Old 2010-09-06, 22:36   Link #2
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

I can't recommend one as I don't play many visual novel games (asides from the Ace Attorney series) BUT there's this horror visual novel DS game coming out called 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors I'm really excited for. Keep your eyes peeled for it!

Old 2010-09-06, 23:29   Link #3
jedinat

Ace Attorney isn't a visual novel. If it's anything it's an adventure game (in the classic sense). I don't know about Time Hollow.

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 is generally thought to be the best adventure game on the system... I haven't played it for more than an hour but it looked promising. Nice visual style.

You might also check out Broken Sword DS; I played the PC version and it was decent. There's also the Touch Detective games, which are weird and humorous though they didn't review all that well (I only played some of the first one and I guess the second was an improvement). The top screen shows the main character's expressions and what she's thinking, which is a neat and funny mechanic.

If you want something more casual (Ace Attorney is rather casual for an adventure game) check out the Professor Layton games, which blends light adventure mechanics with puzzle games.
Old 2010-09-20, 11:43   Link #4
Sides

Again: eye of the providence (released only in NA and JPN)
Last Windows (released only in EU amd JPN)
Another Code/Trace Memory
Lux Pain
(Trauma Center series)

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective was listed for this year, but the last i heard it was moved to next year, unless you want the japanese version which can be imported since a few months.

There are probably couple of more not mentioned here, problem there are so many games on the DS, it is hard to keep track on them all.
Old 2010-09-21, 13:08   Link #5
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

Send a message via Yahoo to Mithfalath
Aside from Professor Layton games and definitely Hotel Dusk, try out Agatha Christie titles.
Old 2010-09-26, 14:49   Link #6
qwertyuiopz

thanks for the games

finished hotel dusk and its an awesome game, the dialogue is a major highlight of the game
lux pain is pretty lame with no challenge so i dropped it (i dont even understand whats happening)
Old 2010-09-29, 00:40   Link #7
Bane Rieko
Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to Bane Rieko
While not in the same genre, Shin Megami Tensi games for the DS have a VN feel during the non-battle scenes. But it's very different.

Yes, Lux-Pain is HARD to understand. XD Stick to it though, it's worth it.

I can also recommend Touch Detective. Not as popular as some games, but still VERY fun. I also second Trace Memory and the rest of the games listed here.
Closed Thread