AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-10, 21:56   Link #21
Galaxian

The main story starts right before the Galactic War tournament begins.

Spoiler for :
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-11, 10:06   Link #22
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I think it says that is after the sactuary and before poseidon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
The main story starts right before the Galactic War tournament begins.

Spoiler for :
hmm thanks for the answer, because that start was a little confuse on that, because in one moment athena was like still being saori and in the next already was athena, the pace was a little confuse in the beginner, but still was fun.
Old 2018-12-11, 13:14   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I can't say the first episode convinced me. The animation was pretty awful, the pace was really fast, and the story feels like another rehash.
Old 2018-12-11, 13:33   Link #24
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Something weird I noted is that the manga is seinen yet I people disappeared rather than bleeding. Is the manga more violent?
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-11, 17:00   Link #25
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Something weird I noted is that the manga is seinen yet I people disappeared rather than bleeding. Is the manga more violent?
K-On! manga is categorized as seinen, and I have never heard anyone associate this manga with violence or sex.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-11, 17:29   Link #26
xellos2099

Does Seiya and the co exist in this woirld?
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-11, 18:02   Link #27
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Does Seiya and the co exist in this woirld?
it's looks like yeah, this plot was supposed to happen while the bronze saints are still recovering from the battle against the golden saints for what i got here, that is why they will not be there.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-12-12 at 11:22.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-12, 09:26   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
it's looks like yeah, this plot was supposed to happen while the bronze saints are still recovering from the battle against the golden saints for what i got here, that is why they will be not there.
I'm taking Saintia as an alternate universe. Not once did I think it would be set in the same timeline as the original series.
Old 2018-12-12, 11:23   Link #29
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm taking Saintia as an alternate universe. Not once did I think it would be set in the same timeline as the original series.
so far for what i hear this serie is supposed to be "canon" in the main universe, now if it's a alternative universe then also can be ok.
Old 2018-12-12, 12:10   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I believe it's supposed to take place in the same timeline as the manga (and not the anime, that's important given all the differences), and is basically a story that shows us what supposedly happened behind the scenes. I'm actually curious to see how they will make everything fit with the original story.

Alternate universe would be better though, since it would give the author more freedom.
Old 2018-12-12, 16:03   Link #31
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
K-On! manga is categorized as seinen, and I have never heard anyone associate this manga with violence or sex.
Yeah, but Seinen is associated with an adult demographic with the original Seiya being a shonen full of gory scenes in the manga. Toei had to tone down many like Seiya's nightmare of Mu decapitating Shiryu or whatever Ikki's Genma Ken did to its victims, so I expected Shou to have something similar.
Old 2018-12-12, 18:28   Link #32
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I believe it's supposed to take place in the same timeline as the manga (and not the anime, that's important given all the differences), and is basically a story that shows us what supposedly happened behind the scenes. I'm actually curious to see how they will make everything fit with the original story.
Yep, this follows the manga rather than the anime in terms of story.

However, this takes aesthetic ques from the anime instead with things like hair and Cloth colors.

Spoiler for Also:
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-13, 02:18   Link #33
alex_drian

Quote:
Is the only spin-off that don't interfere with the main timeline and can run parallel without problems, so yeah, is supposedly canon.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-13, 02:24   Link #34
alex_drian

Shoko is cute.

Looks like dogshit for the pathetic intent of emulate Araki design nowdays when impossible and discarding the original, better and beautiful designs shoujo-like more appropriate for the thematic of the Saintias. And is a little fast but overall was more good that bad.

Shouko is cute.

The OP es cool and Milo is husbando material. And Shoko is cute.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-17, 09:41   Link #35
DeathAngelBR
Yuri addict

Episode 2, they did it again, so many things from the manga have been left out. Disappointed, but not surprised. 5/10 from me.
DeathAngelBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-17, 09:48   Link #36
Blueknight78

lol, a evil loli has appeared!!!!(possible a loli amazon), she must be from the start of the "lolis" or maybe a evil minor god of the lolis , ok it's really looks like this beginning is happening "before" the galaxian tournament, it's can be a problem because on that time the golden saints where not on saori side and they where being fooled to believe which "athena" was in the sanctuary and saori is a "fake" one, can be hard see a golden saint joining forces(helping) saori saintias this time.

"basically" we are seeying a "omega" again, where the mc have a "tainted blood" and was supposed to be the "host of the evil final villian, in the original show it was "shun" not seiya, no problem on that just pin-pointing.

we saw our great "bald buttler" back , now the mc must become strong at same time must keep in check/control or defeat her "evil power"

also our "awesome" jabu" is back too, could be interesting if any of the main bronze saints appear here.
Old 2018-12-17, 17:40   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Watching Shoko have so much trouble climbing those stairs was pretty funny, not sure if that was intentional or not. I'll consider it part of the training course, it's an essential skill for a bronze Saint.

I like that the author is trying to develop Saori. We'll see where it goes.

Eris has the same powers as in the movie, so she could potentially bring back Saints who have died in the main story. Probably won't happen though, since it was already done in the Hades arc. I guess she could bring back older Saints like she did in the movie.
Old 2018-12-17, 18:34   Link #38
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Watching Shoko have so much trouble climbing those stairs was pretty funny, not sure if that was intentional or not. I'll consider it part of the training course, it's an essential skill for a bronze Saint.
yeah i had forget abour the "bigger enemie of the saints" the terrible "stairs", they are the big vilian in the whole saint serie , even kung fu panda could not escape from the "stair".

, that is the only one true immortal enemy which keep coming back over and over forever.
Old 2018-12-17, 19:54   Link #39
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Oh yeah, Saori's knowledge was kind of different between the manga and anime. In the manga she knew she was Athena but in the anime it comes out of nowhere. Still, Saori in the original series was kind of colder considering how she made Seiya participate in the tournament when the kid just wanted to find Seika. Guess Toei wants her to be more sympathetic. Still, Mitsumasa Kido's actions are kind of questionable.
Old 2018-12-17, 22:06   Link #40
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Of course they are questionable, not only they were sent to living hells if they had the bad luck of meeting crazy teachers. Only 6 out of 100 returned to Japan. Even if for a greater cause it only supports what that nightmare told Athena, just by being there people die regardless.

Tags
side story