4 out of 10 : Poor 4 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.47%
Voters: 430. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-08-11, 22:12   Link #81
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

So, true Niar. I just finished watching Zero no Tsukaima and that didn't live upto my expectations of it but when i was watching CG it was like man this is great stuff.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 02:25   Link #82
Snait3
Antagonist

9/10 for me .
Snait3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 09:55   Link #83
billbrown
Failing Silent Assassin

Gave it an 8/10, great show but some flaws in deus ex and most notably, the way his geass ruined his chance at salvation when it wasn't an order. He said "if," making it a suggestive comment and not an order, which really bothers me because it went against the grain of the entire show for his geass to mess up like that right there and then.

Other than that, fantastic show, very entertaining.
billbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 10:54   Link #84
mangastuff

I give it a 9/10 because of some flaws, but in fact I rarely give an anime a 9/10 as I also see so many flaws in other animes, so this means CG is one of my most favourite ones.

I only watch some DN eps when I have time as I read the manga already. I was once a fan of Light when only some manga chapters was released but I threw him away quite quickly because of his unreasonable madness. Therefore, I don't see strong similarity between Light and Lulu. Just because they both can manipulate ppl ? Then Lulu can be compared with Reihart (not to mention Reihart is also an army leader like Lulu, though his way of "manipulation" is different) and some other characters who I don't remember the names (sozzy). Just because they have the excuse of a "better world" ? Then tell me who not ? (again, lets compare Lulu with Reihart, because their goals are much more similar). But note that I don't think Lulu is similar to Reihart in general, because they have many differences. The same with Light

In short, that Lulu is a type of anti-hero char who has some kind of power, and can manipulate people shouldn't be concluded as "clinche" just because you see some similarities in some certain character.
mangastuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 17:30   Link #85
Ky-66
Nuclear Trance

Quote:
Gave it an 8/10, great show but some flaws in deus ex and most notably, the way his geass ruined his chance at salvation when it wasn't an order. He said "if," making it a suggestive comment and not an order, which really bothers me because it went against the grain of the entire show for his geass to mess up like that right there and then.
It doesnt have to be a command, a suggestion will work too as long as the geass is active. He also did it to that group of delinquents who were beating up the eleven hot dog vendor. Furthermore, he was turned around when he said, for example, so when euphie saw his geass all she heard was "kill all the japanese, it doesnt matter what you think", compared to "For example, if i were to say, kill all the japanese, it doesnt matter what you think.
Ky-66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 00:31   Link #86
QwertyAccess

I believe the most powerful similarity I could pick out between CG and DN is the fact that the protagonists are willing to sacrifice whatever piece of justice/moral they had in order to obtain their goal, and one can see their original founding beliefs deteriorate. With the end justifying the means belief.
QwertyAccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 00:52   Link #87
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyAccess View Post
I believe the most powerful similarity I could pick out between CG and DN is the fact that the protagonists are willing to sacrifice whatever piece of justice/moral they had in order to obtain their goal, and one can see their original founding beliefs deteriorate. With the end justifying the means belief.
And that my friend is a substantial comparison that can't be swept under the rug giving these two series a common-thread...I like how you used the word "deteriorate" to describe whatever fiber of correct idealism that fades by the time their complete goals are rendered...Zero leaving his entire fighting force in chaotic and symbolic peril reminded me how Light killed some of his most outspoken supporters when he had no use for them anymore...Yes one guy's goal was his sister's safety and the other guy's goal was self-preservation but still both acts are stenched in selfishness that superceded the intended principles of what they originally tried to create...
Old 2007-08-20, 14:07   Link #88
Itachi-evil
Banned

I didn't like the series at all.

Lack of inspiration, atmosphere, epic, creativity, originality etc. etc.

(i have watched all episodes in 2days, i hate it to start something without finishing it)

And it seems in the second season it is even getting worse.

The only good thing this anime has to offer, are the beautifull and hot girls/women^^
Itachi-evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 19:29   Link #89
ElecNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
And that my friend is a substantial comparison that can't be swept under the rug giving these two series a common-thread...I like how you used the word "deteriorate" to describe whatever fiber of correct idealism that fades by the time their complete goals are rendered...Zero leaving his entire fighting force in chaotic and symbolic peril reminded me how Light killed some of his most outspoken supporters when he had no use for them anymore...Yes one guy's goal was his sister's safety and the other guy's goal was self-preservation but still both acts are stenched in selfishness that superceded the intended principles of what they originally tried to create...
Zero upheld his principles. He said he will create a world where his sister and people like her won't be crushed by the high and mighty. And he went to save his sister when he realized she was in trouble, which is based on his initial principles. It is a different scenario from what happened in DN.

Though he really doesn't do a great job of listening to his own sister, he is still doing it for his sister. Which you said. But I don't really get how that is completely selfish like Light's cause?

Oh, and it's a mutual relationship. The Japanese used Zero and Zero used the Japanese. There were only two types of Japanese people shown in their universe. The resistance and the people who just kiss their oppressor's feet. Zero rounded up all the resistance under him. He couldn't do what he has done without them, and they couldn't do what they have done without him.

Spoiler for Kira:

That said, one thing I wished the series had was rewatchability. It just loses its flavor when you watch it over again.
ElecNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 22:27   Link #90
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElecNinja
Zero upheld his principles. He said he will create a world where his sister and people like her won't be crushed by the high and mighty. And he went to save his sister when he realized she was in trouble, which is based on his initial principles
Nunully was the inspiration behind his principles, but once he went about recruiting and instilling those beliefs and true intentions in others (his fighting force), he is no longer soley in it just for her...ATleast he shouldn't be if he is a true leader...

He was the leader of cult status, who abandoned his followers when they needed him the most...While Nunully's safety was his priority, the priority of the principles he established lies in the lives of those chosen to fight for him...

Quote:
He couldn't do what he has done without them, and they couldn't do what they have done without him.
Exactly, but they never abandoned him like he abandoned them for Nunally...My point was simply that it reminded me of how Light turned his back on his supporters, even when they had advanced his goal...It is my view that the world Zero wants to create for Nunully, in principle, is more important than the girl herself...

I'm not saying he should just disregard his sister, but the true test of a leader is to lead under the most dire of circumstances and it seems he just crapped all over his fighting force at the apex of the battle...It's not like he was trying to help his sister and somehow circumvent his battle plan...And to gain Nunally yet lose the entire scope of what he was trying to create for her is double the loss...The fallout from this, triple the cost...He was still too selfish, despite the circumstances IMO to not even consider what must have been taking place with his fighting force...
Old 2007-08-21, 12:04   Link #91
ElecNinja

Yes, and also, a leader should abandon the thing that is one of main reasons as to why he is there.

It's said, Zero was doing it for two things. To have a safe world for his sister and to find out what happened to his mother. You can't twist those words. It's fact. That's his principle, that's his goals. Nunully isn't just the inspiration; (And since you like to use red text) Nunully was the reason for his fighting. Who was he doing it for, Nunully. Who was he trying to protect, Nunully. Who was one of the three causes to why he is doing all this for, Nunully.

It's like saying that George Washington should have stayed with whatever battle he was doing when the city where the people that were drafting the Declaration of Independence is attack. He should just stay with his troops and finish the battle while the people writing the Declaration of Independence could be dieing.

And I'm pretty sure that if Zero had stayed behind and finished the battle. He would be considered more selfish than if he went to go save Nunully.

And, I believe that even if he lost this battle, Zero could still pull it off. He might rename himself to be One and then raise up another army, "The Order of Black Rooks." Because no one knows his true identity yet, except a few people.

Spoiler for Just to ask you a question, since you think you know better than Zero:
ElecNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 15:05   Link #92
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Easily the best series in quite a while...Since Ouran for me(Ouran is my favorite ^_^)

I loved it...Some great women and Lulu is just awesomeness. I thought Cornellia and Villetta were both smokin. Which is rare for me since most shows dont even have one girl I like yet this had too. Karen was hot also. And CC was just awesomeness...So Wierd and Pizza Kun!!! lol. And Nina...A Freak!!!
But Lulu is my Love hehe. I love his Deliciously Evilness.
I disliked...Euphie, Shirley, and Suzuka. Except Euhpie and Suzuka ended well...MUAHAHAHAHHAHA

The Story I still love it...and they really havent even gone into it fully yet.
Old 2007-08-21, 15:16   Link #93
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elecninja
Yes, and also, a leader should abandon the thing that is one of main reasons as to why he is there.
No, a leaders' responsibility is to lead...This isn't just some symbolic leadership where you fight for some guy that died a hundred years ago....This is current tactical and strategic prowess that was instilled and presented to his allies which convinced them to join his fight (along with his principles and charismatic campaign)...This isn't a sandlot showdown after class between the 5th graders and the 6th graders for control of the candy-drive...This is a war where the cost of defeat is enslavement and ultimately death to all who opposed Britannia...These people believed in and are counting on Zero's strategy to win them a fight that never seemed possible before his appearance....Once you commit to the fight you're committed...

That's like a General in Iraq who planned a signature battle to end a pivotal stage in the war and when it's time to fight he leaves his men, no rhyme, no reason, no exit strategy, no commands that he promised to give to them when the time was right...Do you think the reason this general left means anything to those in the field who are dying because that leadership has been betrayed?

Somebody who is gonna jump ship and leave me and my brothers to die, with no warning, with no thought of our partnership to fight this battle together at the deciding point of the battle...If that's the type of leader you are, I'll sincerely pass on your type of leadership...

Quote:
It's like saying that George Washington should have stayed with whatever battle he was doing when the city where the people that were drafting the Declaration of Independence is attack. He should just stay with his troops and finish the battle while the people writing the Declaration of Independence could be dieing
That analogy is very flawed...Nunully is just some crippled girl in a wheel-chair she doesn't have the power to create policy nor will she be pictured on the Dollar bill...Again her whole presence is symbolic to this fight...Her connection is that of a personal one with Zero, a personal connection none of his solders know about...The mullet blasters under Georgey-boy understood John Hancock, Thomas Jefferson, etc., and their status in the building nation...For Washington to go and protect them would have a practical meaning to it, unlike Zero just disappearing with no message, response, or instructions to a fighting force depending on his intricate planning...He also has the power of Gaess which tips the scales even more than some mere mortal being the leader...

Quote:
And, in Zero's place, how might you have resolved the situation?
Hmm...I not quite sure, I mean I've never had a Gaess in my eye-socket that can control people ...Maybe I would have sought out one of my commanders and Gaessed-Them and given them some instructions to follow or some strategy to exit, or SOMETHING besides leaving them ALL TO DIE! Remember the minute Nunully was proved kidnapped Zero made NO EFFORT to instruct his fighting force, NOTHING...You are willing to give him a pass on this I simply am not (Not when you are the leader who created this entire scenerio)...I'm looking at this from the perspective of those in the field..All those bloody and dying solders we saw going "WTFBBQ??-ZEROOOOOOOOOOO!!!"near the end of the last ep...To save Nunully and to lose the entire future he tried to create for her is again double the loss...I was just disappointed, as a leader, he did nothing but abandon his men...Surley he could have done more than what he did and still attempted to go after his sister in some form...Using the power of the Gaess if need be...
Old 2007-08-21, 19:52   Link #94
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElecNinja
And, in Zero's place, how might you have resolved the situation?
There were a lot of things that Lelouch could have done to make the situation more favorable. To start with, he could have tried to delegate responsibility by raising a tactical commander and an operational commander so that the entire movement wouldn't fall apart in his absence.
Old 2007-08-22, 17:31   Link #95
Juvyniled

Lelouch could have chosen a better base of operations than the academy. By choosing the academy, he is only increasing the chances that those students are harmed in the process of the rebellion. While he has protected them from a bloodthirsty mob, he is allowing a bloodthirsty army to rampage them mercilessly (with or without the students in the vicinity). Fortunately for him, it didn't happen... but those idealistic 'kids' decided to wander off from their "sanctuary" into the battlefield, and now a crippled and blind girl is in the hands of an unknown stranger (I can only wonder how they'll explain this garbage since the crossdressing little boy has the power to teleport anyone anywhere; he could have done so long ago).
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 15:54   Link #96
co128

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
There were a lot of things that Lelouch could have done to make the situation more favorable. To start with, he could have tried to delegate responsibility by raising a tactical commander and an operational commander so that the entire movement wouldn't fall apart in his absence.
Didn't he do that near the end? I'm pretty sure he assigned Todo as the tactical commander and Diethard as the operational commander (after Ougi got shot of course). I believe that the OoTBK's downfall was simply the lack of a charasmatic leader to keep morale high, and they were almost entirely made of militia facing a better trained army.

Otherwise, I give this anime a 9/10 because though many of its ideas were not original, the execution of the plot throughout the series completely makes up for the deus ex's.
co128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 08:25   Link #97
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by co128 View Post
Didn't he do that near the end? I'm pretty sure he assigned Todo as the tactical commander and Diethard as the operational commander (after Ougi got shot of course).
Lelouch obviously didn't do a very good job of it. If he had, they wouldn't have been running around like headless chickens once the Britannians changed their tactics. The Black Knights' over-reliance on a centralized command is precisely the weakness that he should have done more to correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by co128 View Post
I believe that the OoTBK's downfall was simply the lack of a charasmatic leader to keep morale high, and they were almost entirely made of militia facing a better trained army.
I'm not sure how well this theory works given that similar forces had been able to defeat the Britannians all over Japan. Discipline and command & control seemed to be much more of a problem with the Black Knights than morale.
Old 2007-09-11, 11:32   Link #98
Juvyniled

They've depended on Lelouch for practically everything up to this point. I find it no surprise that they would fall short of their goals. I mean, was it no surprise that the Britannian ARMY was a much larger force with more firepower? I doubt they could've gained the ground they did without Zero having collapsed the bridge (think about them having to deal with all those frames in the process as well). That was their element of surprise.

Diethard says something to the extent of it (roughly): "It isn't that Todou is incapable.... Zero... it's just him."

The members of the Order and the other rebels... they're not capable of pulling off "miracles" the way that Zero can. And what they need now more than anything is a "miracle."
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 00:23   Link #99
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
The same would have happened if news of Cornellia's wounds were to reach the outside, thats why she told Suzaku not to tell anybody. It's the morale/commander issue.

Remember the first battle he had with Cornellia; His soldiers flunked out because they weren't loyal enough. The incident in the last ep was the same except Lelouch left everybody to defend themselves.

Not to mention that his 'Gundam' was powerful. It would have helped considerably in the battle and the loss of it means air support for the others.

It's also the lack of skill in the mobile suits for most of them; these people are rebels that just recently gained power and their vs-ing the Army that's been trained for this. it's a matter of Number VS Quality in which Todou has the number but not true quality Soldiers.

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 19:17   Link #100
co128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
The same would have happened if news of Cornellia's wounds were to reach the outside, thats why she told Suzaku not to tell anybody. It's the morale/commander issue.

Remember the first battle he had with Cornellia; His soldiers flunked out because they weren't loyal enough. The incident in the last ep was the same except Lelouch left everybody to defend themselves.

Not to mention that his 'Gundam' was powerful. It would have helped considerably in the battle and the loss of it means air support for the others.

It's also the lack of skill in the mobile suits for most of them; these people are rebels that just recently gained power and their vs-ing the Army that's been trained for this. it's a matter of Number VS Quality in which Todou has the number but not true quality Soldiers.
Plus, they have a huge ass tower ripping them to shreds =D The tower defense doctrine never fails!
co128 is offline   Reply With Quote