AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-02-15, 13:07   Link #1
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

a decent mp3 rip tool that will do asian script? (freeware or foss pref)

The tool I'm currently using just won't seem to take japanese script for title, author, etc input no matter how I threaten it.

Anyone know of a mp3/ogg/whatever rip tool they recommend that isn't so "close-minded"?
Old 2008-02-15, 17:04   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I use CDeX. It may not cure your woes 100%, though. In my experience, if I have an APE and a cue sheet it only seems to take the pre-written track names a little under half the time. The rest of the time it comes up as gibberish, although someone else wrote something similar and claimed that the problem was because the CUE sheets were made using Chinese text encoding. I never followed up on that though.

Using CDeX, the way I got around it was that the CUE sheet contained the CD info regardless, so I could access the FreeDB project from within CDeX to get the information, or if that didn't have it, mount the CD, load it into Winamp version 2 (any version of Winamp 2, but it has to be Winamp 2), have Winamp connect to Gracenote, and then have CDeX import the ID3 tags from Winamp's database when ripping. The process is actually pretty easy, but of course it'd be nicer if it weren't necessary.
Old 2008-02-16, 03:27   Link #3
kucigaromeo
Hell Kitty
*Fansubber

Foobar2000 (http://www.foobar2000.org/)
Open source audio player that support ripping, one of the first in windows to support unicode tags along with iTunes.
Just read the FAQ carefully about tagging, the title/author/album tags are compatible with iPod and most other mobile players

my anidb list: http://anidb.net/u224323
Hidamari Sketch, Arts of Innocence
kucigaromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 03:56   Link #4
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Ripping from what? A CD? I'd use Audiograbber if it's that. It also interfaces with freedb.

And then yes, I also use foobar2000 (also works with freedb). The only good Windows audio player with a playlist.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 07:43   Link #5
Nicest of the Damned
hikikomori

Exact Audio Copy [EAC] is another option. It works just fine getting album/artist/titles from the Japanese freedb, too.
Nicest of the Damned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 16:03   Link #6
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

thanks..... (ooh, I'd forgotten about EAC) will give CDex and foobar2000 a test ride.

I hate it when a favorite old tool not only fails to keep up but then adware-izes itself.